• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 17, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I am loving this game but "This door is barred from the other side" is now in my top 3 hated phrases.

    Assassin's Creed I am loving this game but "This door is barred from the other side" is now in my top 3 hated phrases.


    I am loving this game but "This door is barred from the other side" is now in my top 3 hated phrases.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Honestly, I get that chests and loot cant just be laying out in the open and should be earned, but give us some fucking variety for god sakes. im about 40 hours in and at least 3/4ths of all chests big and small are behind some god damn door barred on the otherside; and the solution never challenging, its just the same houses you gotta walk around to shoot at the wicker up top or shoot through a stupid window. I would rather they reduce the chests by half to have more viarety and bigger rewards in each than 2 dozen per zone but every one of them is the same.

    At least the breakable walls had some challenge to find an oil jar; until you get the bomb arrow skill that is.

    submitted by /u/Illidariislove
    [link] [comments]

    My Wife remembered in AC Valhalla [Minor spoiler not story/plot related]

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 04:54 AM PST

    There is a Painting in the cabin which also hangs in the Montreal office.

    A Mystery in Sciropescire Paola's Dream.

    Why is my wife remembered in Valhalla?

    My Wife was already a gamer, collector and Star Wars geek when I met her in 1997, history always had a special place in her heart, she wanted to be a Librarian and archaeologist, was studying in college, she was 21, 6 months later she became ill, it was cancer and incurable, medication was available which would keep the cancer in check (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia with Philadelphia chromosome positive) but that medication would slowly destroy her body.

    By the age of 22 she could no longer walk and her body was falling apart, only able to sleep for 2 hours at most a night, muscle damage and was suffering more pain than anyone I have ever known, in the end her Kidneys failed at 38 and then her heart at the age of 42.

    Being ill doesn't make someone special, dying doesn't make anyone worthy of note, but Paola spent her entire life trying to make other people smile, no matter how tired she was no matter how ill she always had time for others, she would spend 6 months of the year planning, crafting and creating cards and gifts for friends we met online even though she was limited to 15 minutes of work with her hands at a time.

    In the USA a friend who now sadly passed away would receive brightly coloured Beanie hats every year, others zombie themed jewellery.

    But this is the tale that showed who she was In 2016 Paola's Kidneys failed fast and by the time paramedics got her to hospital she was in agony with 20kg of extra liquid weight on her body, her legs were like concrete and it was surrounding her heart and lungs, very close to death, When I got back to the hospital in the morning the staff nurse took me aside and said:

    Nurse "do you know what your wife did last night?"

    Me "No" *thinking what did she do now (in a joking way)

    "Nurse "After you left she dragged herself into a wheelchair and visited all the people in the ward"

    When I asked her why she said.

    "They looked lonely and they don't have you".

    Paola was a gamer, we spent much of our time together gaming, when the real world is a place where a 21 year old is told she is going to die, game worlds make a lot more sense.

    The Assassin's Creed games were special to us both because of the history and beauty, we couldn't explore the real world anymore but we could explore these.

    Paola got to play Unity, Black Flag, Syndicate, Origins and bought me Odyssey for my Birthday in 2018 3 days before she died.

    In 2019 I met Scott C Jones and he wanted to do a podcast about mine and Paola's story, (his series heavily pixelated is all about how gaming helps people dealing with life, our episode is 14 and called Jason, anyone who is a gamer should listen to them.

    http://scottcjones.com/heavilypixelated

    At the end of my episode, I got to meet Ashraf Ismail of Origins, Black flag and Valhalla, we very quickly got to know and became friends, I sent one of Paola's paintings to the office and he told the whole team the story and why games matter so much.

    Here is something I wrote 3 days after she past.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/JSggx0v

    A small novella I wrote (free to download)

    http://deviantedge.org/index.php/paola-a-warriors-tale-different-formats-for-download/

    And the below is my story.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/h87n6n/reddit_and_gaming_saved_me_from_suicide_17_months/

    The main lesson I have learnt from all of this is value today, value right now, this second, appreciate what you have.

    Here is the picture.

    https://i.imgur.com/rUwaSKg.jpg

    Valhalla is such a beautiful game world to explore, bugs will be fixed, tweaks will be made but I know Paola would be just exploring all the hills, forests and special places if she was here, The team already know what this means to me, they didn't tell me exactly what they had put in just that one part was early on and another later, they wanted me to find them myself.

    Update: Thank you for all the amazing responses, I will be a little slow to respond, doing a Valhalla stream now.

    An explanation of the pictures meaning.

    https://youtu.be/FAeEIL2x-JA

    Update: Thank you all for an amazing day, a lot visited my stream and we chatted while I was dodging a zealot and looting areas. I will try to reply to everyone in the morning, it was a really nice birthday.

    submitted by /u/Quebber
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Has the Biggest Launch in Series History

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 10:49 AM PST

    Please allow Item preview in shops

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 08:17 AM PST

    This should be a thing in every game, hard to decide how to spend my money when there's no option to preview a Tattoo, Weapon, Armour, Ship upgrade etc.

    It's crazy, the thumbnails barely show anything and things like the tattoos aren't even visible as a thumbnail

    Reda is selling items for tons of Opal and I've got to just hope that what I buy actually looks good

    I feel this way in regards to enhancing items too, sometimes I've put materials and resources into enhancing a cloak but the enhanced version looks absolutely awful

    submitted by /u/JakeyChappers11
    [link] [comments]

    Let's make "wealth" locked behind story or quest objectives a different color.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 07:39 AM PST

    I think it would help if we could get a clear understanding if we can get the wealth that we are able to see with Odin's sight by making it a different color if you have to complete a quest or a portion of the story to do so.

    This would allow people to move on or at the very least understand that they need to do something quest related to getting the wealth they are trying to get.

    submitted by /u/drwiki0074
    [link] [comments]

    To Everyone who says Assassin’s Creed is running out of settings

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 08:00 AM PST

    submitted by /u/nstav13
    [link] [comments]

    The best thing about this game is the lack of forced grind

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 05:36 PM PST

    After the first area in Odyssey everything felt out of reach in terms of power level so I was forced to grind side missions ... even some of the really boring repetitive ones... and I didn't enjoy it.

    This game ... I don't think I have done a single side mission. I've kept completely to the main story and I've not been brick walled by red skull enemies once. I'm able to fight my way through (even if tough) and its so nice. I'm power level 116 now. I've got the advanced assassination skill too which means I can basically stealth through most areas.

    I do plan on doing some side missions ... but I'm enjoying the story so far and want to continue to see it through. I'm glad I can do that without feeling like the game is forcing me to do other stuff.

    submitted by /u/simon-whitehead
    [link] [comments]

    God these World Events are such a step up from Origins and Odyssey.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 10:19 AM PST

    The small little bits of world building are so sweet and the small carbs you go through are super effective.

    If you aren't convinced of this, do the Nostalgia event in Southwest of Oxenefordscire.

    submitted by /u/-SirThief-
    [link] [comments]

    We need a shield wall special ability in raids and large battles

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 04:49 PM PST

    Maybe we get this at some point, but I feel like this is an essential mechanic that should be in the game to use as an option in raids and large battles.

    submitted by /u/Projectpatdc
    [link] [comments]

    I got the cat in ACV thank you to who ever helped me

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 09:19 AM PST

    So I lost my cat today to cancer and currently am struggling with what to do I've shut down entirely to everyone. I wanted to have the cat so I knew my boy was with me in another world and that I could always keep him close to my heart. I got him and I just broke down he looked so much like my little sausage cat. I never expected a game to bring me so many different emotions joy, sadness, pain, comfort and so many more I can't even name. I love the community and this game will forever hold a place in my heart. He is now a mighty raider among my crew and I'll always be with him.

    submitted by /u/Lil_Toast1252
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Little easter egg found in Lunden, F to this guy who doesn't know what's coming to 'em yet. But it makes me wonder about what could be in the future for this series. . .

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 04:59 PM PST

    [TIP] Do yourself a favor and teach your horse to swim!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 07:44 PM PST

    Crossing rivers on horseback is so much faster than swimming across. Makes exploring so much easier/faster.

    submitted by /u/BenAdaephonDelat
    [link] [comments]

    My Bad....Ubi You Lads Made an Awesome Game!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 03:31 AM PST

    I posted a fucked up inaccurate (well maybe it was at the time) review........fuck it this game is awesome. I understand what it is doing much better now. The combat becomes much more engaging as your power grows.

    The skill tree isn't silly after all just the initial skilling into darkness is slightly undesirable but easily forgotten once the entire tree is revealed.

    And the game isn't too long I don't think but an epic tale that spans multiple episodes.

    Feels like playing season 1 of Vikings the show and I think that is what Ubi was going for.

    The gear could maybe have a few more levels of upgrades but I even feel kinda silly nitpicking this now.

    This is me saying I fucked up....I'm sorry Ubi you lads made an awesome game.

    My bad :/

    submitted by /u/Travarelli
    [link] [comments]

    Describing the game with flyting!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 03:03 PM PST

    I'm writing this verse twenty 5 hours in; I'm having good fun but where to begin;

    The game's full of bugs, so much has been spoken; Social stealth is the worst, it's utterly broken.

    But don't be worried let's end on a high; there's a nice little skill for the Viking to fly.

    submitted by /u/S_DB_18
    [link] [comments]

    The narrative is one of the high points of Assassin's Creed Valhalla (NO-SPOILERS)

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 07:04 PM PST

    I have been playing this game for the past week since launch and I have got to say, they really delivered on the narrative. I remember doing quests in Origins and Odyssey and feeling bored sometimes due to a) repetitive content and b) lack of story investment. I pushed through though because I loved spending time in both those worlds. However, in this game, the narrative is so well-done, it immerses me in the world. The tension established by the narrative is really well done and it's something I have not really seen before.

    Even though the game has some bugs, they are very minor. So for this reason, if anyone is still deciding whether to play the game or not, I highly recommend it.

    Please no-spoilers since I haven't finished the game.

    submitted by /u/Ehmud285
    [link] [comments]

    In addition to armor sets, we need more tunics and basic clothing options.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 09:14 AM PST

    I've been watching Vikings on amazon prime while also playing this game, and one thing that I would like to have added in the future is more non-armor clothing options to wear around the settlement, in towns, and while out exploring doing more of the slower activities. Even just having various tunic options or color options for the one tunic we do have would be great.

    submitted by /u/Projectpatdc
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] AC Valhalla interactive map by Map Genie (WIP)

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 01:28 PM PST

    Hi all!

    Some of you might remember me from the AC Odyssey interactive map I posted last year.

    Well myself and a couple of others have been busy cooking up some new AC Valhalla maps over the past week!

    So far we've got:

    We still have a tooon of work to do (England still needs a bunch of locations, because it's f*cking huge!). Plus we still need to flesh out details for lots of locations.

    But hopefully it's still useful in it's current state (I was going to wait until it was totally finished to share it, but figured some would rather have it sooner, even if it is only partially complete)!

    As always - feedback/suggestions/death threats welcome :D

    submitted by /u/The_Mighty_Tspoon
    [link] [comments]

    The cutscenes quality from older games> The cutscenes quality from newer games

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 11:22 PM PST

    I was replaying the older games, and boy, the cutscenes are top notch. I realized that the story is sold to me more when the cutscenes are that much captivating. The lip sync, subtitles, voice acting, setting, cue music, all of them just bond together so well. Every single line, for eg BlackBeard's monologue, is exceptionally good.

    In the newer games? Not so much and I think you'll agree. Granted, the voice acting is still awesome(Abu Baker Salim who voiced Bayek and Mellisanthi Mahut who voiced Kassandra, take a bow), but horrible lip sync animations, incorrect subtitles all ruined the experience for me. Hope they get fixed in future games.

    submitted by /u/ChrisTravern
    [link] [comments]

    On the subject of hunting

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 07:16 PM PST

    So I've googled many different variations of "AC Valhalla hunting locations" and all it seems to come up with is results for Legendary animal locations. I'm not looking for that, I need general animal hunting locations. So, here is what I've found so far: 1) Spawn at the dock near Sjaleng Lookout in Norway. You can usually find a few seals here. From here, go to Valkas Hut. You should be able to find two reindeer as well as some wolves in the vicinity. 2) Go to the Wycham fast travel point in Grantebridgescire. Turn around(face west) and dive into the water. Exit, and scan the area. You should find 3 wild boars in the area, as well as some herons. BONUS!!! - on the same island, directly to the West - is a graveyard with 1-3 fireflies that DO respawn which you can catch and release in your settlement! 3) In Ledecestrescire, spawn at the dock just SW of Sudwella Monastery. Exit your boat, then cross the river. This island hosts a shitload of deer, foxes, squirrels, wolves, and I suspect hares(I haven't personally spotted them for sure, as the ones I seen might have been just squirrels). I am still looking for locations for Lynx, Hares, both Brown and Black bears, and dogs(for Dog Fang). I'll update once I find locations for them.

    submitted by /u/Ichinutz_PSN
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a reason Bjorn keeps leaving my crew?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 08:35 PM PST

    I'm not sure why, but it seems Bjorn keeps leaving. Idk if I'm just not raiding enough for a Berserker, but every hour or two when I come back, Bjorn isn't on my squad and I have to add him again ): I like Bjorn a lot so I'm very upset about this. Please tell me how to make him stay

    submitted by /u/jellysmacks
    [link] [comments]

    Did I just get killed by the holy hand grenade of Antioch?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 11:01 AM PST

    So I was in a fight with a Zealot, when suddenly he chucks a weird spherical object at me. Naturally, I hop to the right to avoid being hit and take out my bow again, when suddenly something to my right explodes and kills me.

    The only possible explanation I can come up with, as to why I died from an explosive projectile in 9th century Britain, is that this zealot somehow acquired the holy hand grenade of Antioch.

    What's weird about this, is that I do not recall him counting to three before yeeting the HHoA at me.

    submitted by /u/Coesim
    [link] [comments]

    PSA. Skills don’t require arrows it seems. If you have adrenaline, and no arrows it will still work.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 03:27 PM PST

    You can also loot arrows off corpses you just shot with a skill and no arrows. 🥰

    submitted by /u/not_a_throwaway1980
    [link] [comments]

    I don't get the hate for this game

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 04:14 PM PST

    I get it has bugs but damn I don't get how so many on reddit are shitting all over this game. It doesn't feel bloated to me and social stealth is working just fine lmao. The combat feels great once you get used to it. The side quests are interesting. A few of the arcs are downright incredible. The confession rooms are great. The story and characters are well written. The world is beautiful, the town's and cities feel unique to each other and lively. One shot assassination for higher level targets is back with an exciting twist that gives it some actual challenge. Aside from bugs, I don't understand the hate. It's pretty obvious to me that there's a particular third or so of the AC community that will just never be happy with anything ever. Then it'll get nominated for game of the year and y'all will bitch about it

    submitted by /u/RevelationsComeIn12
    [link] [comments]

    We seriously need better Ubisoft Club/Connect rewards

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 03:03 AM PST

    Bayek's Hidden Ones outfit is the best looking in the game in my opinion and now there's no way we can obtain it if you didn't watch that stream

    submitted by /u/B15HA
    [link] [comments]

    Rage of Helheim - it says "area not available" when I enter the cave behind the waterfall

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 06:51 PM PST

    I'm playing Valhalla and just about to leave to go to Englad.

    I tried to do all the places in Norway that I can and I cant seem to get the rage of Helheim ability. When I enter the cave behind the waterfall it says "area not available". Am I doing something wrong I will this become available later?

    submitted by /u/glennvans
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment