• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 17, 2019

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed should take itself seriously and analyze its themes in a philosophical way

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed should take itself seriously and analyze its themes in a philosophical way


    Assassin's Creed should take itself seriously and analyze its themes in a philosophical way

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:45 PM PDT

    Because it's at its best when it does. I really, really hate, when I see reviewers and fans stating how the animus or the pieces of eden or even the conflict between the two orders is ridiculous.

    It can be, indeed, ridiculous, if it's presented in the careless way that, imo, Odyssey and Syndicate did. Assassin's Creed can have light moments but it's a very dark series.

    As it should be.

    And why is that? Because at the core of AC we can identify some very important themes. Freedom. Tyranny. Mankind's origins. Corporations ruling the world (modern day theme). The blending of historical schism and cyberpunk lite..

    Some games and some shows only get to explore one of these or none but because AC is such a special franchise it can explore this and more.

    The lore begs for it. It can be a philosophical franchise, like AC1, 3 and Black Flag were.

    The dialogue should not be teen like but serious. Almost like a poem or prose like AC4. (Thanks Darby). Same for the MD.

    AC is at its best when it embraces its nature, not when it hides from it.

    Even the modern day is a very important element to AC but has been written like a bunch of kids joined up to fight the evil Templars.

    The philosophical struggle in the present day between the orders is a serious one and it should be presented in a serious way. Just like in the historical narrative.

    The concept of two orders still fighting in modern times for power is not new, but the way AC defined it at first makes it, indeed, new. It has its own feeling. The historical and modern adventure.

    I urge ubisoft to hire better writers, that explore the Creed and the Templars as people who want peace through different means.

    I urge ubisoft to do this because games with good writing sell, and if Odyssey sold so much, imagine if it had a compelling story that analyzes the themes of the franchise.

    No more modern day Order vs Chaos, that's not the point. No more bland historical narratives.

    We could have Red Dead Redemption 2 style of narratives, with deep character studies of the assassins and the villains.

    Good stories sell! And the potential for that is already present in the lore. It doesn't take much to understand the nuance of the conflict. So embrace it. It's not that hard.

    submitted by /u/Brandomd
    [link] [comments]

    Something I never appreciated before playing Origins and Odyssey

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:11 PM PDT

    So I've been listening to this awesome podcast called Revolutions (check it out if you haven't), specifically the segment on the French Revolution. Hearing all about how much more complex it was than I realized made me install Unity again and start playing. And it's like a breath of fresh air compared to the latest games.

    The map is much more manageable, not even close to the size of the Greek islands. Which is great, because while I like a good, big map, there wasn't much variety or interest in Odyssey. Origins as well, to an extent, but not nearly as bad as Odyssey.

    It's just nice having a more focused area to explore, many of it with great database entries (that now make lot more sense now that I've finally started learning more).

    Also, and I might in the minority here, I missed Shaun and his snarky comments. Hope he makes a reappearance in the next game.

    submitted by /u/skininja89
    [link] [comments]

    Painting my wife made.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:40 AM PDT

    Painting my wife made.

    I took her ages. But the results are amazing!

    What do you guys think? Feedback appreciated!

    https://i.redd.it/o9vbnh9212t31.jpg

    submitted by /u/L0adingplswait
    [link] [comments]

    (First Civilization)AC2 against Odyssey comparison

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    Remember how awesome and mind blowing it was when Ezio meet Minerva in the Vault in the Vatican?

    Comparing this with when the Eagle Bearer meets Aletheia in Odyssey the talk with each other like every other conversation in the game with NPCs, no mystery, nothing special just a npc with glowing skin. Why has the storytelling and representation in newer AC Games gotten so worse?

    submitted by /u/JKAC2013
    [link] [comments]

    What Era/Year Would You Like An Assassin’s Creed Game To Be Set In?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:15 PM PDT

    Personally I'd love something a bit more recent, perhaps set around the first or Second World War. Or maybe something with Canada. I just finished AC3 Remastered on the Switch and I felt it was lacklustre and just kind of boring.

    submitted by /u/TheHoodOfSwords1
    [link] [comments]

    How would you rank the main villains of each Assassin's Creed game?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:06 PM PDT

    Here is my ranking from the games I've played:

    1. Cesare Borgia (Brotherhood)

    2. Rodrigo Borgia (AC2)

    3. Haytham Kenway (AC3)

    4. Flavius (Origins)

    5. Al Mualim (AC1)

    6. Prince Ahmet (Revelations)

    7. Francois-Thomas Germain (Unity)

    8. Crawford Starrick (Syndicate)

    9. Loreano de Torres (Black Flag)

    10. Achilles Davenport (Rogue)

    On second thought, I might put Al Mualim above Flavius.

    What are your rankings (best to worst)?

    submitted by /u/m00nstrike
    [link] [comments]

    Does the frame rate drop / freezing issue still exist in AC Odyssey on PS4?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:40 AM PDT

    I want to purchase AC Odyssey again, after initially buying at launch (then returning due to a nasty bug where frame rate would drop within a fort or busy area to almost nill).

    Does this bug still exist or has it been patched out?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/bailliejr
    [link] [comments]

    After 5 years passed since ACU release, it's now the best game of the whole series

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:27 PM PDT

    Been playing AC since it's very first release. Back when ACU aired it was a hot pile and a real bugfest. I still loved the game back in the day, assuming I didn't accidentally clip and fall through the map floor.

    Now after all is said and done and the game has been fixed with patches and all, I recently came around to playing ACU again. Lack of proper story drive and occasionally awkward dialogue aside, I just love how the atmosphere and parkour feel. Gameplay is superb, despite a few very minor issues. I just love AC's Paris and am confident to say that I think ACU is the pinnacle of the series.

    It's truly a shame that the game has been released unfinished and in consequence the devs tinkered around with the essence of the game's formula. Origins and Odyssey have been fun but it's with these they took the franchise into a weird direction, in my opinion. I haven't felt more like an assassin as with Arno (Altair and Ezio are needless to mention ofc)

    I see much potential in building upon what they did right in Unity

    submitted by /u/xbully1994x
    [link] [comments]

    The rumored AC Vikings should have the more diverse map ever.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:52 PM PDT

    Vikings are know for traveling a lot, and far far away, to me, its an stupid idea just having anglo saxons in the supossed next game.

    Imagine a map like Black Flag, covering all of europe, that way we can have, Anglo Saxons, Franks, Muslims from Spain, Bizantines and maybe even the Rus. That would make the game super diverse, with a lot of diferent cultures and the most important, diverse and interesting cities for us to explore. I think this is particulary important because theViking and Anglo Saxon architecture was not interesting at all during the dark ages. Having muslim and Bizantine cities would be amazing.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/andazo122
    [link] [comments]

    I'm enjoying Unity. However I traveled back from completing sequence 4 to the Café theatre, it immediately started Dead Kings.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    With no way to change that because it saves automatically, overwriting itself. [Ps4]

    Fucking pisses me off. I've deleted the game and downloaded everything again aside from the dlc, tells me I have to dl the dlc or start a new fucking game.

    -_-

    Goddamn Ubisoft, you dolts.

    submitted by /u/DCfueledbyPopeyes
    [link] [comments]

    About the 100 percent completion on Rogue

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:09 AM PDT

    I'm almost there... do I also need to 100% sync every campaign mission to achieve full completion??

    submitted by /u/bigdaddyhashbrown
    [link] [comments]

    Why do we hate the new AC games?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    I started playing AC a little over a year ago with Origins and loved it. I was pumped for Odyssey and finished the base game in just a few days. I loved the settings and the characters, so I read up on which other settings sounded cool to me.

    Ultimately, I went with AC3 Remastered. It's okay, but I don't enjoy it as much as the newer games.

    With the new games, the maps and graphics are better, combat is easier, and quest tracking is simplified.

    Personally, I don't understand why the community doesn't favour these games. I wasn't around to be nostalgic about the old games and I'd like to know what I'm missing.

    I've watched videos about the modern storyline and it's not something I understand or care about. It's not as important in Origins or Odyssey and Layla kinda sucks.

    I guess I just want to hear other people's perspective on this. Maybe recommend one of the better old games for me, and tell me why you don't like the newer ones.

    submitted by /u/beforethecats
    [link] [comments]

    I've never particularly enjoyed Black Flag personally, but I recently thought "lemme platinum it on Ps4", and have since, changed my mind on the game

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:42 AM PDT

    This is in part due to me purchasing around £10-£15 on MTX (dont kill me please)

    My original gripes with the game consisted of

    • too many trailing missions (this is still an issue, particularly within the first few hours)

    • hated the repetitive grind of Ship combat. I wont say ship combat is bad, because it isnt. It's really good, but the constant slug of taking down hundreds of ships to upgrade your own was tiresome and irritating. Theres only so many times I can beat a schooner or frigate and board it for everything without losing my mind.

    This is where the MTX came in, it helped me skip that little grind. Not in its entirety. I still grinded out a bit of money and materials through natural play, but this was far easier. It honestly helped me appreciate the game as a whole considerably more. I'm not saying I love MTX, I hate them, and I think in certain games where they purposely make the grind awful to sell MTX is disgraceful. (Black flag is grindy to me, but not to the level I think it's there to sell MTX) Since I haven't had to worry about grinding for upgrades and 100 ship battles over and over, I've had tons of more fun taking down the ships when I choose to do so. It also holds a big advantage over odyssey, considering the fact that ships scale in odyssey. Feeling stronger on the sea because of my upgrades is a great feeling.

    The black flag narrative is fantastic, and as an individual story I grew to appreciate it so much more over time. Edward's character change was handled incredibly well and I believe this level of story telling is perfectly suitable for a 1 game character. I loved the ending with Bonny singing "the parting glass", thought that was incredibly touching.

    Going back over MP (which is still incredibly active on PS4 to my surprise) what a mode man. I miss it. They handled the MP side of things incredibly well. Not grindy, easy to level up, individual ways to play alone or with friends etc.

    But yeah, just wanted to say that I'm now a fan of Black Flag after about 6 years.

    submitted by /u/ACO_22
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed Symphony in Vancouver has been CANCELLED

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    Ugh! My hubby and I were super looking forward to seeing the symphony and I just realized it was cancelled when I saw the tickets refunded on my credit card. I'm really sad, man.

    submitted by /u/canadiangirl_eh
    [link] [comments]

    With the Marathon going on, I remembered this #asksonic interview, where Ezio Auditore is captured by Eggman. Enjoy!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Is the good ending possible after one bad choice?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    So after I started playing the game I already knew that there were multiple endings and wanted to reach the good one. I have a page open on my phone that tells me the critical choices I need to make but something went wrong. Right at the discussion where you get the choice to either try to save your brother or tell your mom that it's too late the game apparently made the choice for me. I never clicked on anything and let the conversation play out but Kassandra just said that it's too late to save Alexios. It's already too late to go back because I played too far ahead to try and reload a save.

    Is it still possible to get the good ending if I can make the right choices this time (if the game lets me lol)?

    submitted by /u/PhilyG123
    [link] [comments]

    ACU; Whats your favorite gear loadout/play style?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:14 AM PDT

    Just asking because I want tips on making my own, thanks.

    submitted by /u/casjr85
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to play AC origins and Odys at 60+ fps in cities ?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    Been looking at the benchmarks for both games and it seems its not really possible to obtain even that. For everyone on pc who has played the game, what has your experience been like ?

    forgot to mention at 1440p

    submitted by /u/camg001
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to somehow get the not-remastered, original version of AC3 on PC?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    I just started AC3: remastered on PC and after playing its predecessors (which were all brilliant) and i am so disappointed in the game. It feels so incredibly clunky, it bugs constantly and it's nearly unplayable on all accounts.

    I'd very much like to play the games in their intended order, so skipping this one is something that i rather do not want to do.

    submitted by /u/superbiavindobonae
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment