• Breaking News

    Monday, December 14, 2020

    Assassin's Creed AC Valhalla is a great game !

    Assassin's Creed AC Valhalla is a great game !


    AC Valhalla is a great game !

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:47 AM PST

    Seeing the condition of cyberpunk on base consoles (my discussion with Sony support is going on regarding the refund), now I'm more appreciating the smooth and flawless gameplay of valhalla. I've really enjoyed this game so far on my ps4 slim. Be it story, character development (I got emotionally connected to Eivor) or fighting mechanics everything is so satisfying keeping Vikings history in mind. Also, I see a huge influence from witcher 3 (which is a good thing). The side quests are so good and funny sometimes (specially the talking dead man)

    Ubisoft has really listened to the feedback of odyssey (not the game length though). Now they just have to iron out bugs and glitches (not game breaking) and they are good to go.

    I think we all as a community should appreciate Ubisoft for the hard work they did.

    (I know some of the gamers still were not satisfied with this game but it's okay they can still enjoy the raid part)

    submitted by /u/kadane09
    [link] [comments]

    This trilogy of games really gave a great dichotomy to both the hidden ones and the order of the ancients [spoilers]

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 09:20 PM PST

    looking back the story of the hidden ones and order of the ancients has such a great dichotomy to it. The order created the hidden ones after killing bayeks son giving themselves a natural enemy, than the hidden with the help of king Alfred destroyed the Order of the ancients but in the ashes they also created the templars, the order of the ancients created the hidden ones and the hidden ones created the templars.

    hell if you want to go further back you could argue that the EXTREME proto hidden ones (Adam and eve) essentially created the order of the ancients by revulting against the ISU which in themselves were proto order of the ancients. Both sides are constantly destroying and rebirthing each other which is kind of beautiful as it relates to the themes of tyranny vs liberty. The existence of one creates a natural opposition of the other.

    submitted by /u/broji04
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla has renewed my love for Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:37 PM PST

    Seriously, it has re-worked and improved almost everything I personally did not like in Origins and Odyssey. I love that the game uses the best aspects of those two and brings back great mechanics and storytelling styles from pre-classical games.

    I'm one of the weirdos who play every game. My most disliked are Origins, Odyssey, and AC III. My faves are being able to stare at Ezio, IV, and Syndicate. What I REALLY did not enjoy about Origins and Odyssey is that 95% of the level design consisted of
    Talk to NPC > Go to fort > talk to NPC
    Talk to NPC > Go find a letter>Go to fort>talk to NPC

    The storytelling was almost always done with back and forth convos hampered by awkward timing and pacing, and super clumsy animations.

    Obviously there were exceptions to the things above, but overall they both felt so procedural. Valhalla feels developed once again. I actually get rewarded both in gear and narrative for exploring towns/cities and not just fortresses. Characters are fleshed out in decent cutscenes, that feel well produced, gameplay choice is back and I actually get to be a sneak and stab poor fools with a blade again! yay! Not only that, but the sound design when you do so feels. so. good.

    And the music? Odyssey had very good music, but Valhalla is once again up to par with like AC 2 in music. It's so good.

    Anyway I'm done. I'm just so happy one of my fave series' has once again reached a form that I really enjoy. I understand some people really liked Odyssey/origins, but yall can go play those games and just re-visit the forts 100 times over since thats all you do anyway LOL

    submitted by /u/Cunfuzzles2000
    [link] [comments]

    Hats off to the AC Valhalla devs, I didn’t think I’d ever go back to an Assassins Creed game but this has blown me away

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:45 PM PST

    The setting is 10/10, medieval England is just perfect (not to mention the four other pretty massive regions in the game). The combat is really satisfying, albeit a strange design choice to have players start with a plain system that gets progressively more enjoyable. And the content? Well I won't swear on what I guess is a pretty clean sub, but the sheer size of this thing is mind-blowing; I'm 50 hours in and I've only done about 9 of the 15 regions.

    submitted by /u/MaximusDecimis
    [link] [comments]

    Why are artifacts white Ubisoft? Why would you have choose a color that is the same as the background? Why make mysteries light blue..against a light background? Why couldn't you just make it dark blue? Who dafuq chose these colors?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 06:12 PM PST

    Tired of straining my eyes trying to look at this shit color design map (even playing around with contrast, brightness, and colorblind options these colors still blend into the map, not to the rest of the map is fine, its just the fact these are light colors, and a lot of the places on the map are white). Could've just picked darker versions of the same colors they have (royal blue for mysteries, hot pink for artifacts, etc.). Should have a flair for complain.

    submitted by /u/DrBobHope
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] A certain musical easter egg in Valhalla almost choked me up.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:42 PM PST

    Once I made it to Vinland I was running around the woods and the ambient music started to play. To my delight, Shay Patrick Cormac's theme from Rogue started to play, bringing back fond memories of one my absolute favorite AC games; it and it's soundtrack got me through one of the most uncertain times of my life. I LOVE Valhalla so far and this made me smile fondly.

    submitted by /u/SilvertongueSiren
    [link] [comments]

    Will there ever be an Assassin’s Creed 1 remaster?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 08:59 PM PST

    I was playing Assassin's Creed 2 for my first time ever and I got to the the part where you play as Altaïr and even though I've never played Assassin's Creed 1, it got me hyped for it. I really wanted to play Assassin's Creed 1 even though I've never played it before. Where's the remaster?!

    Although my brother (who has an Xbox 360) might let me borrow it so I can play Batman Arkham Origins, Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Assassin's Creed 1.

    submitted by /u/CoolBean2008
    [link] [comments]

    Quality of Life changes I want most in Valhalla

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:24 PM PST

    First off, I want to say I am really loving the game. I've been fortunate to only have a couple of bugs (mostly unobtainable opals), and it runs great on my XB1. At 125 hours in, I've found some things that are poking me a bit, and these are five quality of life changes I would love to see:

    1) For your bird/Odin Sense to be able to highlight exploding jars. For the love of God...for as many things as there are behind breakable walls it gets frustrating as hell trying to find the one exploding jar within 100 meters to break it open. I've lost a LOT of time looking for these things, and it is my number one gripe.

    2) Speed up the mount. When I can run up a hill faster than my horse, we have a problem. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but there are too many times where my mount slows to a crawl (even when not on hills) and it is driving me crazy.

    3) I really miss loadouts from Odyssey. I liked being able to swap builds on the fly according to the situation I'm in.

    4) Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Eivor's climbing can be tightened up a bit. Climbing feels clunky whereas in Origins and Odyssey it was a breeze.

    5) It feels awfully dark in some places. Even with a torch, it gets a little cumbersome to constantly mash Odin Sight to get a lay of the land. Maybe make the torches brighter? I admit this is a personal gripe, and totally get if this can't be addressed.

    Actually all of these are just personal opinions. I am really loving the game so far, and am having a great time with it, but I wanted to share my observations. If devs actually read this, I appreciate your hard work and look forward to more for this amazing game!

    submitted by /u/Nec_Pluribus_Impar
    [link] [comments]

    It's very annoying that you cannot see the power level required to do some of these mysteries until you start them.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 11:57 AM PST

    I'm in a level 20 zone. I come up to a mystery boss fight thing, next thing I know I'm axe to axe with some fucking level 90.

    I'm just lucky I was able to load back and leave the place.

    submitted by /u/ACuddlyTeddy666
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know about the rest of you, but jumping from long heights in Valhalla hits different.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 01:30 PM PST

    Like most games, be older AC games or others that have large vertical game play, you jump from long heights and you don't feel that rush in real life.

    For some reason this game brought out a sense of vertigo for me in real life. If I make a grand jump, that doesn't have me land on a haystack, my heart sinks and I feel like I've done a big drop in a roller coaster. Maybe its the rapid shaky cam when the character is dropping, but I haven't experienced this strange feeling in other games.

    submitted by /u/Jackol4ntrn
    [link] [comments]

    [spoiler] I figured out the identity of a certain character

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 01:41 PM PST

    In the arc with halfdan who is a reincarnation of Thor, he's being poisoned. We eventually find it was his advisor who had inadvertantly (allegedly) been doing it. Jormungandr in norse mythology poisoned Thor leading to his death, so it stands to reason that faravid is a reincarnation of jormungandr (he has there same neck scar as the other isu reincarnations

    submitted by /u/Thor9616
    [link] [comments]

    How many people turned guaranteed assassination on in AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 08:17 AM PST

    I turned it on immediately and I was instantly so grateful for it because I didn't feel restricted from traveling into highly leveled areas. If I was stealthy enough I could infiltrate them without a problem.

    submitted by /u/karnisu
    [link] [comments]

    Peppa pig Valhalla or maybe just dad brain

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 02:51 PM PST

    Maybe it's being a dad of two girls that has the song perpetually in my head, but I was playing Valhalla and laughed out loud.

    I was trying to talk to one of those roaming map vendor guys when I was attacked by some wild boar. When I started fighting them the vendor started to run away and started whistling. I could have sworn he started the Peppa Pig jingle. Has anyone come across this? It's quite possible I heard what I wanted to hear! I'm over here rationalizing is that the game does take place in England so maybe. I wish I was recording or had thought to hit capture.

    submitted by /u/Ledbilly
    [link] [comments]

    I miss the time when fists used to have some awesome animations and finishers

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:21 PM PST

    Outburst of a beat people up player:

    WAIT, I know the title sounds bizarre, but it will make sense when you read it .... I think

    Since I started playing video games , I have always liked to use unarmed combat and fist weapons in games (so much so that my favorite class in RPG is Monk)

    And it couldn't be different on Assassin's Creed

    But the story of beating people up in AC is curious

    In AC 1, there wasn't much you could with your fist( I think there's even a mission that you interrogate someone using your fists)

    At AC 2 you can fight better from throwing sand, to disarming (and with some good finishers too)

    3 and its successors, 4 and Rogue, were the first highlight of the franchise when it comes to beat people up, with dodges,bob and weave,locks, takedowns and A LOT of moves

    Did you know that they called an MMA teacher to be part of the motion capture?

    https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2012/11/8/3618262/assassins-creed-3-combat-partly-choreographed-by-mma-fighter

    In Unity, you can't use your fists, although Arno kicks and punches in some submissions

    Syndicate was the SECOND to have a weapon dedicated to beat people up (the first was AC 2, with the metal Caestus), the Brass Knuckles

    Eve and Jacob, like Haytham and Connor, demonstrate punches / kicks /locks / takedowns and dodges. They know how to beat people up

    And so, we come to the new trilogy

    In the last 3 AC, there was no commitment from Ubisoft to make the unarmed combat in a good way, and it's not like they can't find some historical material

    Bayek, Alexios / Kassandra and Eivor just throw punches and kicks like they are amateurs

    Some say that one of the first reports of Boxing came from Egypt, so Bayek could have one technique or another

    Alexios / Kassandra could use some Pankration moves (which was a fighting style used by people in Greece)

    And although the Vikings don't have a characteristic style of fighting, they could do something about Eivor learning techniques

    Shit, he literally knows how to knock down his opponent and do ground and pound (My favorite skill BY FAR)

    'Ok ... but the AC's main way of fighting is not using your fists'

    Yes, but I believe that if you intend to put a way of fighting, you need to make it in a GOOD way

    Look at 3/4 and Rogue, didn't have beat people up as a main way of fighting, but still makes it AWESOME anyway

    Syndicate they had an obligation to do, since they have a weapon focused on beating people up

    Even other games that do not have beating people up as a main way of combat, still gives you the option, and do it on a AWESOME way

    GTA V, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War, Dark Souls, Skyrim, the recently released Cyberpunk 2077, Uncharted, The Last of Us ....

    Anyway....

    Keep in mind, I'm not saying that: 'AC IS TRASH', much less making the unnecessary discussion of "new AC vs old AC"

    It's just an outburst from a beat people up player, who likes to beat people up, who misses when this way of fighting was well done

    submitted by /u/OmegaDigs
    [link] [comments]

    I think assassins creed should split into 2 different series.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 02:08 PM PST

    Hear me out.

    I feel like the direction assassins creed has gone with a change in genre isn't the best, not to say I dislike the games, I've played the games and all the big DLC's, but I feel as though this is not really assassins creed honestly, out of all of them Valhalla felt the most ac.

    I think that Ubisoft should keep making these games, but under a different title, because I genuinely love playing these games as a standalone game, and I think everyone else would enjoy them a lot more if they didn't have the modern-day and the assassin stuff included.

    To go along with this, I think they should go back and rethink the ac formula, bring back everything that made ac feel like it used to, bring back established assassins, synchronisation, assassins vs templars, social stealth, big cities (not the vast and empty open worlds we get), and the amazing parkour that they had in unity. And as a sacrifice, I'd be more than happy if we only got a polished ac game every few years, with this other RPG genre continuing its 2 year schedule away from ac.

    As I say this I realise I sound like one of those people who hates change and the new games, but honestly it's more that I dislike how we've lost certain things that we're 'essential' just because Ubisoft wants to make big bucks with an RPG.

    I know that the next game is coming out in 2 years, and that they'll probably build the game up from the ground as they usually do every 3-4 games, I hope that they either add/improve some of the things I mentioned, because I do realise that what I want is just not feesible and likely to never happen.

    I'll still continue to love the games however, even if they don't feel like ac.

    submitted by /u/DBMC_Assassin
    [link] [comments]

    Purchased Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition, can't find the included AC III and AC III Liberation?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 06:13 PM PST

    Hi all, I purchased the Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition during the PSN Black Friday Sale, bit I can't seem to find where to play the included Assassin's Creed III and Liberation. Does anyone know where to look? Thanks in Advance!

    submitted by /u/francescoluke
    [link] [comments]

    An observation on end game armor and weapons. (Spoilers)

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 09:01 PM PST

    So Thor's hammer is clearly an Isu weapon. It's got all the glowing bits and obviously the lightning. However, Thor's armor looks to be made by conventional means. It does not have any of the Isu elements as Thor's hammer.

    I'm curious as to why this is, as far as we know there isn't any Isu armor in the game. Would have been nice to see Thor's armor match the aesthetics of the hammer.

    submitted by /u/AceSkyFighter
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Assasin's Creed Rogue and I liked it

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:22 AM PST

    I don't remember any commercials for this game and I didn't knew it even existed until I started looking up the Assasin Creed games. I knew about Unity ,but I didn't know Unity had a sequel before. The game itself was pretty fun, Is like if I was playing Assassin's Creed III & IV at the same time with an interesting story of how an Assassin betrays the Brotherhood. I would have liked for the story to be longer ,but I think Ubisoft was focusing more on Unity at the time perhaps.

    submitted by /u/fight4fam51
    [link] [comments]

    What do the assassin creed veterans thinn of valhalla ?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:59 PM PST

    Title. I want to buy this game after hearing some of the reviews but I havent seen what the older assassin creed fans have to say about this game.

    BTW: I've been playing since 2009

    EDIT: Think*

    submitted by /u/DunkeyD0nuts
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t find Fabric in AC Valhalla

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 12:19 PM PST

    I can't seem to find fabric anywhere. I must have looted 100 chests or more this evening alone and I've found nothing. I heard that once you get your settlement to level 6 they can be purchased but that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something? Can anyone help.

    submitted by /u/aidanp_o
    [link] [comments]

    Origins weekly challenge disappeared, any info?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 02:25 PM PST

    Hello. I've searched far and wide for an hour and couldn't find ANY mention of this! Does anyone know what's going on? It was available just two weeks ago, as I remember, but now it's not.

    Did Ubisoft disable it? Without even an announcement? If so, that's a pity.

    submitted by /u/IlyaSmirnov
    [link] [comments]

    [Not Spoiler] Drew Eivor today. What do you think?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 12:22 PM PST

    I'm pretty surprised Hnefatafl never made it into Valhalla

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 12:46 AM PST

    Don't get me wrong, I'm always down for a game of Orlog, but I was genuinely surprised that Hnefatafl is available, seeing that it's one of the most identifiable board games that are associated with the Norse.

    If the devs see this, I hope it gets added in at some point. It's similar to chess though a game is usually shorter and the possibility tree is much less complex than chess.

    submitted by /u/kyuuby1391
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment