• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 1, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Arno needs a sequel, and Shay needs an ending.

    Assassin's Creed Arno needs a sequel, and Shay needs an ending.


    Arno needs a sequel, and Shay needs an ending.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    Like the title says. I think a sequel with Arno in the late Holy Roman Empire and surrounding countries, during the Napoleonic wars would be very cool. Countries would include Germany, Switzerland, Austria, The Netherlands, Czechia as well as small states including Luxembourg and Lichtenstein. Shay would be in his 80s, the head of the Templar order in the Holy Roman Empire, as he stayed in Europe after the assassination of Arno's father. Arno would know about him and know that he was the killer of his father, but would not be looking for revenge. You would be allied with Napoleon in order to take down the Templars, however would not come to his aid when his campaign begins to fail, as that is not your goal. You would take out low ranking templars and work your way up to end the order, culminating in the assassination of Shay. Cities would include, Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich, Bonn, Cologne, Zurich, Geneva, Vienna, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Prague, among others, meaning that this location would lend itself well to parkour and stealth. There would be forests, fields, lakes and rivers where side missions could be found but a lot of the main story would be focused on city gameplay.

    Gameplay in missions would mostly consist of black box assassinations of Templars and Arno helping Napoleon in open battle as well as sieges and stealth missions to kill German generals, steal battle plans and destroy supplies. Combat would be mostly borrowed from unity but with certain adjustments to the setting and time period, as well as aspects borrowed from other games like the human shield and a higher focus on counters. Weapons could be swords, like sabres and rapiers and small swords, muskets, flintlocks, spears and javelins. Stealth would be unity based, with adjustments such as the ability to hide in bushes/tall grass and a return to older games' stealth elements, such as eavesdropping and pickpocketing. Parkour would be taken from unity, with the game telling you it's system rather than you discovering for yourself.

    I'd be interested to see what you think. I always wondered why Arno didn't kill Shay.

    submitted by /u/TheonlyPatrick
    [link] [comments]

    I made an AI recreate Young Ezio's face

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    IMHO, Ubisoft should have let Assassin's Creed rest and they should have made a new IP for Odyssey and Valhalla that is free to explore a blend between history and mythology. The way they went about this resulted in needless butchering of AC lore and gameplay systems.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    Let's just get it out of the way right from the beginning - Yes, I am a fan of older AC games and i think AC doesn't need to be RPG. However, I am also a huge RPG fan, and i probably like those type of games more than traditional Assassin's Creed. So I am not making this kind of post because i hate RPGs - I just think that it is perfectly okay that there are franchises that focus on it's own thing without the need to "evolve" into something they shouldn't be.

    I am saying all of this because i think the need to stick to AC brand is what's keeping these recent games down for me. The traditional AC elements are being dumbed down in favor of RPG elements, and RPG elements imo are getting poor explanations that take me right out of the immersion because of the need to connect them with The Animus and The Isu and modern day.

    The Animus suddenly became a machine that let's you have choices, even though it's literally supposed to be a device that relives history. The Isu and their technology look less like technology and more like fantasy. And because of previous two, modern day is just dogshit.

    Not to mention how Assassins, their creed, social stealth, more complex parkour, etc. are pretty much non existent. Assassin's Creed to me is about war between Assassins and Templars, told in a grounded story that shows fake history in a plausible way. And if they didn't want to make that, which is apparent, they should have just let this series rest and revive it only if they got some good ideas about stealthy action-adventure games.

    If Ubisoft started new IP that didn't need to have modern day, and where mythological stuff is actual supernatural mythic stuff, i think I would have enjoyed Odyssey and Valhalla more. And I know Fenyx exists, but i'm talking more about a game that's less cartoony and where historical lands exist along with gods and mytholocial creatures and supernatural abilities.

    The reason i hear they didn't do above mentioned is so that they can have a bigger sales because AC already has a lot of fans. But Ubisoft is a pretty big company with a large marketing machine - they could have promoted Odyssey and Valhalla exactly like they did now - with absolutely minimal Assassin's Creed references - and I think the games would sell really well. Instead, a number of older fans that Ubisoft counted in that bigger sales number now feel that AC completely lost it's identity, myself included. And new fans, which are now majority let's be honest, like this new games precisely because they are nothing like the old ones - and want more of that.

    So Assassin's Creed now has playerbase that would be largely the same as that of this proposed mythological/epic warriors type of game i am talking about. And the only thing suffering because it wasn't made into new IP is... Assassin's Creed, because it's lore and identity were needlessly butchered.

    submitted by /u/Stitious_Philanderer
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed during 14th Century Scotland

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    I would absolutely love to see an assassins Creed fighting along side Robert The Bruce in The Battle of Bannockburn! The Most iconic Scottish battle of all time! I really hope that happens one day!

    submitted by /u/typicalewan
    [link] [comments]

    Where am I in the story? [Spoiler]

    Posted: 01 May 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    I haven't played valhalla in a little while because I was finding the combat a little repetitive at times. But I want to play, finish the game and get the cool weapons. I'm just after where Sigard was taken by a king cause they thought he was a god or something. Anyway, how long do I have left of the story?

    submitted by /u/innit122
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite mount and bird in Valhalla?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    I gotta say mine is either Fortitude or Tencendur. The Warhorse is super cool though too. I just wish Ubisoft would make the horses look less...odd?

    Like they need bigger more flowing manes and tales, but it is relatively fine as is.

    What's your guys favorite mount?

    My favorite bird has to be probably the albino. Also since albino ravens are one of the most rare in the world.

    submitted by /u/Elitrical
    [link] [comments]

    [Cosplay by Lauwiee_] Because you all liked my Assassin cosplay a lot, here’s another shot ^^

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    Greece is a much better designed map than England

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    Now hold on put down your pitchfork and wait a minute. I know both maps are filled with copy paste bases and enemies. But this is about how you move between those places. This will take a little bit of set up so hold on a sec.

    I've been playing Valhalla since launch and really enjoyed it however I'd finished basically everything except some hunting/fishing challenges. So while I was waiting for the Ireland DLC I jumped back to an unfinished play through of Odyssey and started clearing the map.

    I finished everything including Atlantis a couple of days ago and have jumped back to Valhalla. And so far I've discovered how ridiculously hard it is to navigate around England without constantly relying on the in menu map.

    The landscape of England is so repetitive and bumpy that you can't figure out where you are most of the time and it led me to feeling swamped in a massive never ending mess of marshy hillside.

    Greece by comparison is great, the landscape of the game makes navigating really easy a quick scan round the horizon and you know exactly where you are in the world and probably how to get to where you want to go without even using a marker. For example Mount Taygetos in Sparta is visible from just about anywhere and can be used to help triangulate your position.

    submitted by /u/R_hexagon
    [link] [comments]

    Zealot Knight (Very Hard difficulty, Red Skull, no damage, no bow, no abilities)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    So I started playing Origins and

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    I love that I can invest between different play styles but even trying to find talents towards sneaky-assassin-like (without the bow) talents seems too difficult for what the game has evolved from?

    I was tagging up the Royal Palace in Alexandria and I thought "Hmm, why isn't there a talent that gives me XP for tagging enemies?" I know that's not the final answer but maybe +5 Exp for tagging 4 enemies in a short time frame?

    Since I haven't been able to play their latest two releases, have they made any improvements to the tagging/tracking system at all in a way that Ubisoft is rewarding you for playing that way or is it still more about rewarding yourself with a cool replay to save?

    Your thoughts on the progression of Assassin's Creed?

    submitted by /u/AmbitiousYoungMan
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed but use only bombs for stealth gameplay �� [ Undetected ]

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    Can I buy the base version of a game on Steam, and still access DLC if I own the full version on another launcher?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    I got Assassin creed odyssey with season pass for like $12 a year ago. I want the game on steam, because even though I will still need to open uplay, it is just a lot easier. So, will I still be able to use the dlc if I launch from steam? Or will it be "locked"?

    submitted by /u/greasydoor
    [link] [comments]

    Parkour in Unity comparing to newer games

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:04 AM PDT

    Anyone else think Unity had the best parkour? I mean It wasn't completely fluid but the downward parkour was amazing. Why didn't they follow through with that with the newer games? I mean trying to scale down a building in Valhalla is kind of a train wreck.

    submitted by /u/Noaseck
    [link] [comments]

    Black Flag on Switch X axis

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection. Can you invert the X-axis?

    submitted by /u/stuyfly
    [link] [comments]

    Mac users: How does AC run on Mac? How about other Ubisoft games?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    Thinking of getting a MacBook. How does Assassin's Creed run on MacBooks? Specifically, Black Flag, Unity, and Rouge. How about other Ubisoft games, such as Watch Dogs?

    submitted by /u/Famous_Painter3709
    [link] [comments]

    I will Take Valhalla over Oddessey

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    I bought Oddessey the other day and I'm sorry but I just don't like it. You need to be a certain rank to get Armour. It feels like I'm playing a Xbox 360 game with Oddessey I might get a little hate for this but idc lol I'm sorry but I don't like Oddessey.

    submitted by /u/typicalewan
    [link] [comments]

    Premium Starter pack glitch

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    I just got into AC Valhalla and I was wondering if the weapons in the starter pack are still bugged so you can't upgrade them, I love how the shield and ship look and wouldn't mind using them if they were upgradable, so anyone know if the pack is still glitched?

    submitted by /u/Lonely-Window
    [link] [comments]

    Manual saves keep disappearing on Odyssey.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 02:36 AM PDT

    I've been plagued with everything I do being lost from the battle with Cerberus onwards, and every day I'm being thrown into the pit with this damned dog.

    What can I do? I don't see a point to playing the FoA dlc if I cannot get beyond episode 2.

    submitted by /u/TangoWithBroly
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla was too bloated, it should have been shorter

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    The core narrative with Eivor, Sigurd and Basim is quite interesting but the game is so dragged out by repetitive alliance quests where you seem to be doing the exact same thing again and again. Just some loser king who you have to support and help.

    I still enjoyed the game especially since Male Eivor was a great character but I doubt I'll replay it, its just too bloated.

    submitted by /u/FanEu953
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment