• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 11, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Don’t hate but ac odyssey is good imo

    Assassin's Creed Don’t hate but ac odyssey is good imo


    Don’t hate but ac odyssey is good imo

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    It's may be because I haven't played other ac but so far I think odyssey is getting to much dirt, yes the game is rpg but it have it pros. The maps is beautiful so far and everything is beautiful and so far I haven't seen any complains you lots have in action. I most likely be wrong but I just want to express my option. Would be nice for you guys to leave comments

    submitted by /u/Bubbly_Mycologist_16
    [link] [comments]

    Can we appreciate just how impressive the sense of civic duty is in Odyssey?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    Seriously. If you commit a single crime in an area (killing someone, injuring a person, stealing something, bumping into someone slightly too hard), everybody jumps in to try and defend the person, recover the stolen goods, or apprehend the killer.

    I can't count how many times I grabbed a pot, then got impaled by a spear some 50+ year old pedestrian pulled out of her ass, all while her friends ran up to punch me in the face.

    Also, just the balls on some of these people. "Hey, that heavily armed, armored warrior woman who singlehandedly destabilized a dozen nations and has killed thousands of people just robbed that small business owner... I'm gonna run up and hit her metal armor with my bare fists."

    It's just really nice to see communities coming together and standing up for one another, no matter what.

    submitted by /u/EquivalentInflation
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla took some meaningful steps forwards

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    Not suggesting that everyone should agree, but I really think Valhalla is in its own tier among the three Assassins Creed RPG titles and I'm curious if many in the AC community agree.

    I haven't even beaten it yet so this isn't about the story so much as the core gameplay.

    (However quick shoutout to the story structure, I really like the episodic nature of trying to gain each kingdom as an ally.)

    Most of all tho I love the feeling of adventure and exploration here. I'm always looking for new gear, books of knowledge, and side quests, and this is the first time they feel meaningful. Not just an improved stat, but genuinely something I want to add to my collection/character.

    And side quests don't feel like a series of 'go here do this' interactions, but are instead a genuinely unpredictable and memorable experiences. I loved playing hide and seek with kids and giving cats a nice tasty mouse meal ;) As well as some of the somber ones. Feels like Eivor is out there helping people in her world.

    Flyting battles are silly but in a good way and I appreciate that you can add dialogue options by increasing your speech skills.

    Finally, there's actually an assassins bureau and the hidden blade here. I enjoy the assassination missions and insta-kill blade mini game. Social stealth may be flawed but it's here too and wearing cloak feels sneaky and cool to me as well.

    Just overall I feel like this a more deep experience than origins/odyssey and may be the most satisfying open world of any AC game.

    submitted by /u/Common-Wedding-7264
    [link] [comments]

    Something I noticed while going back through Origins.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    Something I noticed while going back through Origins.

    Not sure if this has been mentioned before. One of the npc's during the arena fight entrance looked really familiar. I know they're randomized but I couldn't help but notice it looked a lot like Cicero from Gladiator.

    https://preview.redd.it/m8diyux1fms61.png?width=2368&format=png&auto=webp&s=1a2fbf7ad8ba06d16310c4925dabbf69a1a6f885

    submitted by /u/OptimusPrim4l
    [link] [comments]

    Which AC is like the classic ones?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so I haven't played an AC game since revelations and I tried today the new one Valhalla and didn't really enjoy it, the game felt like an open-world RPG and I instantly felt like I had just dived into a large time sink (which I don't have the time for)

    Was just curious if any of the prior games are like AC1/Revelations (from then until now)

    submitted by /u/nickwithtea93
    [link] [comments]

    Without spoiling, does Valhalla act as a good "capper" to the franchise up to this point?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:07 PM PDT

    Prior to Valhalla's release, Darby once said that the game would act as a capper to all the games that came before, most likely in reference to the modern-day story. Considering Valhalla will be his last game to the AC franchise, it seems this was a deliberate decision to create a clean slate for future writers to build off of.

    Or who knows why. This sentiment really appealed to me, especially as someone who has been a fan of the franchise since ACII. However, does Valhalla actually do this? Or was it a case of people overanalyzing Darby's words? As I haven't played the game yet, please avoid spoilers.

    submitted by /u/RedtheGamer100
    [link] [comments]

    Ezio’s Outfits and where they ended up

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    I was wondering, what became of all the Assassin's outfits? I feel as though their outfits are always very symbolic, for example when Ezio took on Giovanni's outfit and became an Assassin. But what happened to all of them? I know Altaïr's armoured outfit was stored in Monteriggioni, and he took his usual outfit to the grave. Giovanni/Ezio's outfit was destroyed in the raid on Monteriggioni. His Roman outfit however, ended up in the hands of Achilles I think. Does anyone have any more details on what became of robes and hidden blades?

    submitted by /u/nousallons
    [link] [comments]

    Is ubisoft going to do anything for other AC titles in next gen?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    As more time has passed and next gen consoles are settling in, is there any chance Ubisoft will go back to older AC titles and at the very least unlock their framerates? I've been playing Valhalla at 60fps and it's a real shame to have all the other games stuck at 30fps when they could be so much more enjoyable at 60fps.

    submitted by /u/xDarkRobin
    [link] [comments]

    We don't need to go back to the "OLD FORMULA" OF THE GAMES

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:51 AM PDT

    Every other day we get posts that we need to go back to the old formula and some posts saying the exact opposite.

    But the thing most people don't remember is the fatigue.

    After Assassin's Creed 3, everyone was tired of the same core gameplay(tailing), basically the same story(parent dies), repetitive missions(don't agree with this one, every game has it) and the lack luster modern day(FULL OF EXPOSITIONS, the abstergo mission was cool tho).

    Then game Assassin's Creed Black Flag, the first game where the protagonist isn't an assassin early on in the game. A new story, pirates, ships, boarding, a suppressed assassin-templar conflict, less intruding modern day and an overall good looking game, with just one problem , the CORE gameplay (tailing).

    Now the fatigue hits the peak, Assassin's Creed becomes synonymous to boring, it becomes a meme. Black Flag was a success but was held back by the bad mission structure.

    We then get hit with Unity a great looking game but with a mediocre story (father and step-father dead and a Romeo-Juliet, come to think of it the story wasn't that bad) and full of bugs but it did do one thing correct, fixed the gameplay. I don't need to write more about it the weekly posts tell all the good things about it. The city although beautiful also felt lack luster coming from the Caribbean islands of AC 4.

    Everyone was tired of the cities and stories, (3's frontier and 4's island and story were refreshing), close one dies, grief, revenge.

    I will talk about Syndicate later.

    Then came Origins, a refreshing breath, a real sand box, the best looking open world of its time, Egypt, so many wild animals, new weapons, a focus on bows, shield and all the other new stuff. Everyone was happy. Story had the same close one dies but was carried by the good visuals, the new gameplay and VA. No or very less tailing missions was a welcome change.

    One year later, Odyssey releases.

    Odyssey was different, it didn't care much about the assassin-templar conflict and had its own spartan story, a beautiful Greece and the seas, choice of protagonists and in-game choices. When I played it, it was a perfect game and ranked high on my list. But it was a very long game and you had to do many side quests to progress, the story side quests and those referencing Greek mythology were good but the filler ones were naturally bad; Still better than the side quests of all the previous games. I , personally, still rank it higher than many AC games as it had a different story and a good gameplay loop. Too many weapons and armor though. I was delighted that it wasn't the same Assassin-templar story, and the protagonist always had a personal motive. The DLCs were a welcome addition adding to the ISU mythology and giving us Darius. The game pleased many fans and added a lot of players to the assassin's creed fanbase.

    Valhalla is recent, an economical success and you know all about it.

    The new games had open fields, forests, hills and cities which made them better looking and vast than all the older games, which were usually just cities.

    Now here comes the elephant in the room, 'Go back to the way things were.' said this subreddit, hating on the new games and called them boring and repetitive. Everybody wanted an Assassin-Templar story and wanted to play as assassin.

    Now lets talk about Syndicate, a game with an excellent Assassin- templar story (father dead tho and frequently mentioned), not one but two assassin protagonists, a grapple hook(some like it, some don't ) and all the usual cameos by the great thinkers of that generations. What went wrong? Why wasn't it a success? Why is it still hated(just saw a thread hating on it). Because it was BORING. The same gameplay, the samey city, pulling you out of the Animus for no reason. No one would say it but it was the Assassin-Templar story as good it was and wonderfully written, was boring as a story.

    Now everyone wants that back for some reason. The Assassin-templar story, that Syndicate has which is better than most of the previous games but the game itself is somehow boring and a chore to finish.

    If everyone really loved the old formula, Syndicate or even ROGUE(didn't talk about it but still a VERY good but short game) should have been the highest ranking games of this subreddit due to their story alone, but it isn't.

    The new trilogy benefits due to the vastly different environments(cities and jungles it has them all ) not depending on the old Assassin-Templar trope(depends on it just enough to call itself assassin's creed), and telling their own stories.

    For those who say Odyssey isn't an Assassin's Creed, it focuses on ISU which are the most important people in that universe. It also has Stealth and all the usual assassiny things bows and all. Forts were a delight to stealth into.

    Parkour for me personally for me was good, could have a little more interactivity like side jumps and all wouldn't hurt anyone but definitely didn't drag the new games down.

    So no we don't need the "OLD FORMULA" back, the franchise would be dead if it didn't change its path for good.

    However, now the RPG trilogy has ended making Assassin's Creed relevant again and its upto Ubisoft how they want to progress the series forward.

    Edit:

    Its my opinion and perspective, I am not FORCING my opinion on you.

    May as well ignore the Syndicate and Rogue point

    submitted by /u/stntsn
    [link] [comments]

    Why did the developers take out the assassin in the game ?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    I am new too AC I actually played backwards ,I started with Valhalla and then Origins and Odyssey,but then I went too AC3 BlackFlag I'm on Rogue and Unity now .Why would they take out the actual assassin part of the game and the development of the storyline ?

    submitted by /u/Brownsfan7575
    [link] [comments]

    In AC Brotherhood someone saved Ezio after Monteriggioni, left him a new suit of armor and info on Machiavelli's whereabouts, but do we ever learn who?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    I'm revisiting this old game now and one question bugs me and is seemingly left unanswered by the game - who commissioned or sewed the new suit for Ezio after the assault on Monteriggioni? I assume the same person who found him on the road and brought to those commoners for recovery and left the letter with Machiavelli's whereabouts.

    As we soon learned, it was not Machiavelli himself, contrary to what Ezio and the player expected, which takes us by surprise. And then this news gets dropped and never explained. At least not in the forefront. It's definitely not La Volpe as at that time he distrusted Machiavelli. Nor is it the leader of courtesans as she wasn't involved in all this. And nor is it Bartolomeo, obviously. So who then? Is it written in some document or letter somewhere, or in the novel?

    I'm very curious because to me it looks like someone on the outside has knowledge of everything that's going on inside the Assassin's organization, meanwhile assassin's themselves don't have a clue who that is and neither do they seem to be greatly bothered by that.

    submitted by /u/input_a_new_name
    [link] [comments]

    Cute bear, I didn't want to kill him, but I had to!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    Cute bear, I didn't want to kill him, but I had to!

    https://preview.redd.it/38sdwh1iwls61.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=a71916ae9b37cb5ddf47af203ea55b6195663622

    I found this bear so cute while he was sleeping. I came here to complete the location, but when I saw him how cute he is, my heart was broken because I knew I had to kill him. Rest in Peace, Cute Bear!

    submitted by /u/xBlackDragon9
    [link] [comments]

    (SPOILER) My ranged attacks aren't registering against this certain endgame boss

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    There are dozens of arrows on the battlefield, yet none of my ranged attacks are registering while I'm fighting Fenrir. The arrows just go through his body without doing any damage

    submitted by /u/aphst
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get Old Habits trophy AC Origins?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:34 PM PDT

    It's as the title says, I can't get it. I've gotten all viewpoints synched, I put the brightness all the way down to see if I found any question marks (which I didn't btw). I also went to see the locations not visible to the viewpoints and I have those as well. I've tried everything.

    The only thing I've done different was load a save from the cloud. I changed playstations and downloaded the save from the cloud. But other than that I've done everything, also completed the main quests and side quests.

    Please help. Idk what to do anymore and it's getting frustrating.

    submitted by /u/Qwlp
    [link] [comments]

    Anywhere to find the old Assassin's Creed fan kits?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    So I've been trying to get hold of the old fan kits for various AC games. If you didn't know, these were collections of images used to help fans promote the game. Things like wallpapers, gifs, clean renders, that sort of thing. I have the ones for the Ezio Collection, Odyssey and Valhalla, as well as the "Legacy" one they did in 2019. I was hoping people might have access to any of the older ones, since all the links I can find are dead.

    I know that Unity, Syndicate and Origins definitely had them. I don't know if any others did.

    submitted by /u/MuchWhittering
    [link] [comments]

    My Predictions For The Future of AC

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    April 2021 - Wrath of the Druids DLC

    This date is confirmed.

    July 2021 - Seige of Paris DLC

    We know it's coming Summer 2021, making a guess by saying it's July

    February 2022 - Meteor DLC by Ubisoft Sofia

    DLC 3 solely developed by Sofia. Originally was never planned but it's happening due to the immense success of Valhalla. It Will be a huge DLC probably selling for $40 or so, I think it might also be able to be sold separately. It'll be the same thing as Far Cry Primal or New Dawn. Cheaper games existing in the universe of the previous games, and just fleshing out the story and introducing new characters alongside the existing ones.

    Late 2022 - Standalone Third Crusade game by Sofia

    We know this game is coming, seems like it was planned for late 2021 but COVID pushed that to late 2022. Since Ubisoft Sofia stopped working on this game for the DLC, seems like this might come out late 2023 instead.

    Late 2023 - China game by Ubi Montreal

    Next game will almost surely take place in China, Sofia would have just finished the Third Crusade game and Quebec is busy, so Montreal will probably develop it.

    submitted by /u/SovietShady
    [link] [comments]

    Are God and Satan real in Assassins Creed?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    Were they Isu? Is there any mention or scene showing them to exist?

    submitted by /u/-BumboChumbo-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment