• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    Assassin's Creed The first thing I want in next AC games is parkour which is smooth like Unity and has player agency like AC 2(with vaults as in AC 1).

    Assassin's Creed The first thing I want in next AC games is parkour which is smooth like Unity and has player agency like AC 2(with vaults as in AC 1).


    The first thing I want in next AC games is parkour which is smooth like Unity and has player agency like AC 2(with vaults as in AC 1).

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:49 AM PST

    I really love that smooth Parkour in Unity and then those side ejects in AC 2.

    If they do this parkour with the combination of smoothness of Unity and Player Agency like AC 2, that will alone improve stealth gameplay and gameplay in general by miles.

    I really loved navigating through the walls of the building while climbing it in AC 2. Parkour was really very engaging and interactive. But now just hold the button and even if you look away the character will climb, as the character can climb anything (first of all it's not even realistic and grounded).

    Then in Unity the running "animation" (just the animations, it's difficult to control though sometimes) was so amazing and smooth that just running in the crowd (which reminds me of increasing crowd density in cities again) makes you feel great. When you climb the hands move so swiftly which makes it so cool to look at. But now, we have this have this slow animation of climbing without anything to do while the climbing animation plays, I mean we don't even have to navigate through the walls.

    Just do this, along with adding parkour highways in and outside of enemy posts like AC 2 and Unity.

    Valhalla did give the Parkour opportunities in enemy camps and cities for sure I will give it that, but that slow and heavy animation diminished the fun. But still the parkour opportunities weren't available at all places.

    submitted by /u/Ritesh_Mishra
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla Lowkey has some really funny moments

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:30 PM PST

    This game has some really funny moments, more so than a lot of other games I've played. They're not slap-your-knew, comedy show funny but they're still funny. For example, there's a scene where you're interrogating someone and another guy walks in with severed heads and drops them on the floor and pigs promptly start to eat them. And it's portrayed as completely normal; no music, no nothing. They're just eating heads and everybody is looking at them like "damn, that sucks". Another moment is a flyting competition where this woman is hyping up a flyter and gives you the key to his "lair", which is a house. Eivor responds with "That is a house" in the most deadpan, matter-of-fact way and it fucking killed me.

    I just wanted to show some love for the funny moments of this game. Do you guys appreciate the humor in this game as much as I do?

    submitted by /u/kolky12
    [link] [comments]

    My fanart of male Eivor ❤️

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:48 AM PST

    PCGAMER - Best RPG 2020: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:29 AM PST

    Loading time on the current gen consoles are insanely long

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:22 AM PST

    I've spent like 70h in the game so far because it's enjoyable but something that make it annoying is the horribly long loading time especially when you boot the game up. Like I don't even consider fast traveling anymore because it takes longer than expected, i am sure they will optimize this furthermore :) man and i thought Odyssey was long but this definitely beats it as for origins the loading time is pretty fast!

    (Edit I mean LAST GEN)

    submitted by /u/Get_Triiggered
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea what the next AC setting will be?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:50 PM PST

    I know Valhalla just came out, but has there been any talks by developers of what the next setting for the next AC game will be? I hope it goes more modern, like 1000 to present but we will see. I guess the Golden Age of Rome could be cool too, like around when Caesar took power or the struggle between Octavian and Marc Antony and then the rule of Augustus, or maybe all 3.

    submitted by /u/TooLegit69
    [link] [comments]

    Darius in an AC game based in Persia. (minor spoiler for Odyssey ig?)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:48 PM PST

    Darius is super cool, the first Assassin to yield a hidden blade and assassinate Xerxes. We could have seen the full conflict between him and Artabanus, the rise of the Order, instead of him being relegated to a half assed Odyssey DLC. The DLC was not that bad, not very good tbh, focusing mainly on Kassandra's/ Alexios' story. It did portray Darius in a very good light, but could have done a lot more.

    That Xerxes assassination scene was badass, disguising himself as one of the elite Order guards gave off really awesome Assassin vibes. He has empathy and kindness, the evidence to this being him meeting Xerxes' grandson named after him and taking care of the Misthios' child. He's an important character in the series. He was mentioned in AC2(one of the six figures if I remember correctly). Persia is a beautiful yet unforgiving country, and has been the location of a lot of battles. Darius must have gone on many adventures too, visited cities during these adventures, etc. So a Persian AC game with Darius as a protagonist would be cool.

    submitted by /u/ChrisTravern
    [link] [comments]

    Why Are There Elk in AC: Valhalla?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:47 PM PST

    Title. I just ran into my first Elk in game, a beautiful example of Cervus Canadensis. It's a little weird though, because that is an American and Asian animal, with absolutely no population in britain or Scandanvia. There are animals called Elk in the region, but those are Alces Alces - the moose! This animal lives in Scandanavia, but has been extinct in Britain since the stone age.

    There are Red Deer in the UK, which are somewhat similar to C. Canadensis, but these are fundamentally different animals, and the in game model is clearly the latter.

    Just strange that they would insert an animal into the ecosystem, as odd as if they had plopped a herd of zebra in.

    submitted by /u/ManitouWakinyan
    [link] [comments]

    Tip to find Legendary Animals

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:28 AM PST

    From what I've seen no one has mentioned this (I don't get on here much so I won't be surprised to hear if someone has already mentioned this) but if you're having trouble finding the locations of the legendary animals you can hover your icon over a mystery that you haven't discovered yet and the background noise will switch. After a few seconds you should hear a growl and that will notify you that there is a legendary animal there

    submitted by /u/AbstractRyou
    [link] [comments]

    Spoiler!! Most boring fight ever

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:56 AM PST

    Fenrir boss fight is so boring, it not even hard. It just keep dragging on and on until you bind him. And suddenly he runs around you and you suddenly death. And when he climb out of the earth he is invincible, you can't hit him when you have the chance lol

    submitted by /u/Tomichin
    [link] [comments]

    A few questions I have about Valhalla

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:27 PM PST

    1: Is Bear, Wolf, and Raven like Bear=Warrior, Wolf=Hunter and Raven=Assassin? Kind of like Odyssey

    2: What is the best one handed axe and where to find it (Preferably Bear)

    3: I have the Theign's armor set upgraded to Mythical quality is it good I feel it is but I'm unsure so is it good

    4: Do you want to see visual customization added to Ac V

    submitted by /u/RylieSmash516_MK2
    [link] [comments]

    Possible cause for Quiver Capacity Bug. Cause=prevention.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:52 PM PST

    Okay this is a working theory as of 20:44 , 29/12/2020. I have started a new game because old one got corrupted by the quiver capacity bug that lots of prayers are being stricken with. In this new one I have already had to reload previous saves several times to constantly checking my quiver capacity and cross-referencing that with the current level of upgrading that my quiver is at. It isn't at full upgrade but it is at the point where Hunter arrows 24 and light arrows max out at 35 and predator arrows max out at 11. Each time I had checked and noticed that I had been reset to original capacity I reloaded my save and tried to figure out what was causing it. and this is just a working theory because I'm too frightened to actually put this to work because I don't want to lose my arrow capacity or lose my progress even though I'm saving compulsively, but I noticed that whenever I had the loot arrows ability where it is easier to loot arrows from fallen archers, i would recover arrows and they would be 12/20/5 hunter, light, and predator, respectively. So I took off both of those abilities and I am about to test my theory. If it works I will post it.

    submitted by /u/Daddypit09
    [link] [comments]

    The unbalanced beginning of Valhalla

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:47 PM PST

    Just started Valhalla and I got my ass kicked multiple times in the first mission. The game has no combat tutorial! And literally the first boss in the entire game hit kills you!

    submitted by /u/naftola
    [link] [comments]

    How many of each rune is worth keeping?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Outside of just using the ones you like, I've been holding onto all the runes above light. At Level 325, it's a lot. I'm only using Runes for the weapons/armor I have equipped so what's a good rule of thumb for how many to keep vs. sell? Any suggestions for how others have been doing it?

    submitted by /u/GPTHEDON
    [link] [comments]

    If it doesn't already exist or isn't in production here is a cool idea I had

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    An assassin's creed game where you play as a French or Belgian or Polish assassin working his way to berlin in WW2 to assassinate Hitler who was actually a templar. I know WW2 is a touchy subject especially when it comes to Germany at the time but I think it would be fun to play that and it actually be a stealth game. But what are your guys' thoughts is it fucking stupid or an interesting concept, has WW2 been overdone in games, What are your ideas for a game because there are probably thousands of interesting AC game ideas.

    submitted by /u/Zeropelli
    [link] [comments]

    Which of these 3 had the best side quests? Valhalla, Origins, or Odyssey

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:24 PM PST

    I know the main quests are typically good but I enjoy more memorable side quests in games.

    Which one do you think had the best side quests out of the 3?

    I think Odyssey did, then Origins and then Valhalla.

    submitted by /u/AirMarshalCarlinSays
    [link] [comments]

    wishes for the next AC game

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:20 PM PST

    Let's talk about wishes for the next game let me start.

    i wanna have a full blown character creation heavly detaled with armor customization from unity.

    i also wanna have the older combat style so i can fight with the hiddenblade alone again (i miss those days)

    and then back to the city maps that requiers one to parkor or a map like black flags map.

    what are your guys wishes for the game?

    submitted by /u/Solothehero98
    [link] [comments]

    which character throughout the games would you like to see have a full length assassins creed game?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:35 PM PST

    what character would you want to have a full length assassins creed game to explore their story of how they came in to contact with the brotherhood and their story? This means only characters that you have not played as in any previous assassins creed games.

    submitted by /u/MU5A988
    [link] [comments]

    No fabric in shops for me (Valhalla)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:36 PM PST

    So one of the updates added fabric to shops when ur settlement reached lvl 6, I've been at 6, my fabric has stopped spawning, ive also never seen it in a shop and still need it for gear. Is my game just being iffy rn?

    submitted by /u/SupernaturalPeen
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla Soundtrack & Music Bug

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:35 AM PST

    I've loved the soundtracks from Origins and Odyssey. In fact, the Origins soundtrack made it into my top 10 albums on Spotify's 2020 look back summary I listened to it so much. That said, I was a bit disappointed with how sparse the music in Valhalla was. I'm currently listening to the soundtrack for the first time as I work and I can't believe how little I've heard this beautiful music during the course of the game! I'm almost 100 hours into Valhalla and other than the brief music when you sync viewpoints, and heavy war drums during raids, I haven't really noticed much music at all.

    After some googling, it seems like this is a bug I guess? The game has been out for almost 2 months now, any word from Ubi if it will be addressed? Has anyone found a method of fixing the issue? It doesn't appear to be happening to everyone like some of the other bugs so maybe it's not high on Ubi's list of priorities.

    submitted by /u/They-Call-Me-Taylor
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought my first 3 AC games.. opinions?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:41 AM PST

    Hey! I just bought my first 3 AC games on steam. Black Flag, Unity and Origins.

    I've started Black Flag first, is this a good starting point specifically out of the three I bought?

    Got them on sale on steam, what is your personal opinion on these three games, your favourites, and why?

    I'm most interested in your gameplay and storyline opinions!

    Very excited! Thanks!

    EDIT: Forgot to mention, fun fact - I just got a free code for Valhalla with my new SSD! Play that last? Looks very cool.

    submitted by /u/DrinkSure
    [link] [comments]

    Combat question for Valhalla, not getting those bit stun hits.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:01 PM PST

    So I started off on hard difficulty and decided to lower it after getting my ass handed to me over and over by the drengr in the cave (that you get the fyr spear from). Still had some trouble on normal but managed to kill him and just left it on normal difficulty from then on.

    But, when I'm fighting zealots, or the sisters, or the animals... I actually usually kill them before I ever break their stamina bar, even though I try and parry as much as possible. I am using the yngling seax the most as I like using 'brush with death' and then getting in close and sticking them 5 or 6 times.

    Just wondering if this is a normal thing or if I'm doing something wrong. I just can't figure out how to get these big breaking parries that I did when I fought that first drengr in the cave. I'd love to get those big stun hits but I guess I can't argue with success?

    submitted by /u/KnivesOutSucks
    [link] [comments]

    AC IV: Black Flag. Warehouses not refilling at all!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:30 PM PST

    So I finally started playing AC at the beginning of the pandemic. Its been a very fun ride thus far. I'm now up to AC IV: BF. Ive completed every location, beaten the main story, and have spent almost 70 hrs playing the game. I'm at 96% Total Sync. However, the only warehouse on the entire map that has refilled is Nassau. Is there something that I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Tallica27
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any easy-to-reach location to refill arrows?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:15 PM PST

    I'm only a few hours in and for some reason I can't find a single arrow refill anymore (I should have kept track of where I found the one I encountered previously). I also don't want to spend silver on it because I don't have much at the moment. So is there any well-known place that I can fast-travel to in order to refill arrows?

    submitted by /u/hqz_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment