• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 8, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed's creator explains why big budget studios have turned their back on social stealth: 'It's money, man'

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed's creator explains why big budget studios have turned their back on social stealth: 'It's money, man'


    Assassin's Creed's creator explains why big budget studios have turned their back on social stealth: 'It's money, man'

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    [Minor Spoilers] The Ostara festival disappointed me beyond any measure

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    And it's heartbreaking. I have been playing Assassin's Creed for over a decade and I loved Valhalla at launch. Like many others, however, I grew increasingly disappointed with the game's post-launch support, between the emphasis on microtransactions, the very slow rate of bug-fixing, the lackluster Yule festival & river raids, and the inexplicably nerfed transmog, which was the cherry on the cake.

    I did not quite know what to expect of the Ostara festival, but I really wanted it to pull me back into the game, because I love this franchise. Instead what I found was: the same repetitive minigames from the Yule festival, meaningless collectibles and no new gear at all. The developers couldn't even be bothered to give the flower crown to all available hairstyles, no, they picked one and said "yeah, we are done".

    But by far the most egregious part of the festival were the side quests. Fine, let's go hunt a beast for Madya. I hope it's great, I've just been playing AC3 and hunting is very fleshed out in that game. Hold on, wait what? The beast is a chicken! Not a funny chicken like Chickaros from Odyssey, but an actual chicken that the game expects me to believe is a carnivorous beast and killer. Fine, next quest. Let's run around the settlement and light some fires. Ok. Now let's break a totem and be assaulted by spirit bears. Really?

    What has happened to Assassin's Creed? Chicken boss fights and fending off spirit bears - is this what our beloved franchise has become? I like the RPG formula, but for Juno's sake, Ubisoft, take your games seriously! Don't insult your players by having a chicken boss fight that is over in under a minute! Give us the core AC experience, which as a historical simulator, not absurd fights against spirit bears! I can't even believe I have to say this, but who thought these were good ideas?

    /rant

    submitted by /u/Rakdar
    [link] [comments]

    I've fallen in love with Valhalla (AC Valhalla) (Light spoilers)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    I know there's a lot of posts about people's opinions about how good the game is but that's what posts are for I guess so I'll share my opinion/experience aswell.

    I just started my second playthrough (about 15 hours in) after finishing nearly all quests in the first. I decided to start again because I never really explored the first time and had a lot of treasure and mysteries to collect.

    I collected everything in the lvl 1 part of Norway so I'd get bored of snow and mountains like Eivor was and when England hit me it was majestic. I'm rocking a nice hammer and axe duo and it's satisfying as hell. The hammer does devastating damage and the axe's special move is brutal. I decided I'm going to use Altair's outfit when I assassinate targets from the Order of Ancients. I like the long story and huge world because it means I can play it for a long time.

    Yes the game has its faults. The clipping issues annoy me the most. There are a few bugs here and there and the horse animation is still outdated but I'm having a lot of fun and don't think I'll get bored of it any time soon.

    Thanks for reading this if you did. This had no real structure and I was just writing out thoughts as they came. My favourite game overall so far. :) 6

    submitted by /u/RemembertheOne
    [link] [comments]

    [Valhalla] I had no idea you could train the horses.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    I'm 90 hours into this game and one of the things that was bugging the crap out of me were the horses. Their stamina sucked and they couldn't swim. I was like, "Really?!". Well, I just walked up to the stable at Ravensthorpe and saw I can train/upgrade my horses to make them faster and be able to swim. I feel like such an idiot. Luckily I had a ton of silver saved up at that point so I was able to buy all the upgrades. This is something I'm NOT going to forget on my next playthrough, lol. Just thought I'd share.

    submitted by /u/overjoyedhippie
    [link] [comments]

    (Odyssey) I’m a little bit pissed of

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    I just did the lost tales quest where you meet Polyphemus and then he seemed like a nice guy. Then at nearly every dialogue option, there's a choice to instigate a fight with him. The one that annoyed me the most is where he asks you if you like the beach you are at. Then a fight instigating dialogue option has the literal words "it's ugly just like you." For me this was over the line as he is one of the most humblest people throughout the entire game if you don't try to fight him. The fact that he is a pacifist too annoyed me also. He does nothing to you if you don't do anything to him and then the game wants you to kill him and has only one dialogue path that leaves him alone. This legit made me cry for half an hour. Glad I didn't kill him otherwise I would never play the game again and I would have a mental breakdown.

    submitted by /u/SpecificHeat2533
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why you couldn’t die from fall damage in ac odyssey?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    It never bothered me (I think I liked it since I could just jump from the highest point and walk out alive) but after playing some of the older games i just find it really weird that you couldn't die from it - anyone know why this was added?

    submitted by /u/Pinwheal
    [link] [comments]

    AC Game Idea: Playing as 2 Protagonists in 2 different time periods, like in AC Revelations

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    So one thing I liked about AC Revelations is the fact that you not only play as Ezio, but you play some sequences as Altaïr and it mainly serves as closure for his story. Honestly, I wish it was better fleshed out, or there was more Altaïr. Anyways, I wish Ubisoft would make another AC game with this concept in mind again. I know AC Syndicate had 2 protagonists, but they were in the same time period. Difference here would be exploring 2 different time periods in the same game.

    Basically, same as Revelations: You play as 2 protagonists, between 2 different time periods/locations/major historical events. What United these 2 protagonists would be a cohesive story. Or even taking Legend of Zelda elements and being able to switch between both time periods, like in Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past. This isn't necessary, but maybe things you change in the past affect the future. I dunno.

    I wouldn't know which time periods, but this post is basically discussing Ubisoft doing a more fleshed out concept that was introduced in Revelations for an AC game.

    submitted by /u/KvotheG
    [link] [comments]

    New Assassin's Creed ' s Protagonist

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:51 AM PDT

    If the rumor about the new ac game Will be: - In France - Medieval(post first game)

    ...is true, Maybe will be with Thomas of Carneillon(The assassin in the Unity's prologue), or just in there. What your opinion?

    submitted by /u/Coctrat
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever edit, How is it ? , I named it " Tribute to Evior - The Wolf Kissed ��" P.S its for my page

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    About to start the ezio collection on PS4 - any tips?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    As the title states, if there's any important info the game leaves out or is taught to you later that can still be used and is helpful early game please say

    submitted by /u/Pinwheal
    [link] [comments]

    How important are the graphics to you?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:58 AM PDT

    DON"T HATE ME, but I started assassin's creed with the newest trilogy. I did odyssey first, then went back to origins, working through valhalla currently.

    However I saw a bundle on steam for Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, and Syndicate, so i was like sure why not (even though I know it's a different playstyle). However I also do know a lot of people prefer the older games (well maybe not unity and syndicate lol but idk). My point is, do you find yourself at all let down when going back in time to older games? I haven't tried any of these out yet cause I don't have my PC with me. Is it a huge downgrae that's noticeable or does it just not matter?

    submitted by /u/Green8812
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have any tips and tricks for the original Assassins Creed

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    I started the game yesterday and while I'm having fun, I'm struggling a bit with the combat. I know it's really just swing and parry but for someone reason, my input doesn't feel responsive. Also, if anybody has any tips about the game in general, they would be greatly appreciated. I'm struggling to adapt to the old games after playing the modern games I guess!

    submitted by /u/1225SantaClaus1225
    [link] [comments]

    (Minor spoilers) What do you think Meteor DLC for ACV will be? Or will be also fourth DLC in Second Year Seasson Pass?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:32 AM PDT

    Personally, I assume several options:

    A. My favorite is the trip to Constantinople. It would have been nice to see this city in glory and splendor that we couldn't experience in ACRe, and the DLC for ACV would be the best option for that without creating a completely new game in the series. The history of the Varegs begs to be told.

    B. Due to the fact that the files are marked as "Meteor" and ACRo itself was hidden under the code name "Comet", maybe the third DLC will take us back to Vinland and tell a further story related to what Eivor intentionally missed, plus tell the story of why she/he stayed there buried after death.

    C. The third option I assume is Kievan Rus, but honestly, somehow this idea does not appeal to me, even though the place itself also revolves around Viking expeditions.

    D. Sicily could be another option. We know about the Viking invasions of Sicily, plus you could show both the famous volcano Etna and also show the huge ruins of Roman summer palaces.

    And if your expectations do not come true, do you think that what will be the fourth DLC? Because I doubt that the Second Year Season Pass will only be provided with one DLC. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/52whale
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] I just finished an Assassin's Creed Valhalla Fan Trailer. I made it all with my own gameplay I recorded. There shouldn't really be any spoilers but I put the tag just in case.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:17 PM PDT

    What is the saddest AC game?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:49 AM PDT

    Within the span of 3 months, I started from AC 1 playing the main story all the way to AC Unity except AC Liberation and other non-main titles, and it got me thinking which of these games are the saddest

    I have come down to two, AC 4 Black Flag and AC Unity, which happened to be 2 out of the 3 AC games I played in 2018 and replayed during the last 3 months, the last being AC Syndicate that I played in 2018 but haven't replayed

    The reasons for AC 4 Black Flag is because of Edward Kenway's success in riches and fame but the loss of real friends, those closest to him towards the start of the game never made it to the end, his dream fulfilled but at what cost?

    The reasons for AC Unity as I finished the replay yesterday, is because of the main story throughout, Arno as a young boy witnessing his dead father was truly heartbreaking and having it haunt him later on, the death of Elise and her father in which he blames himself for, I believe his character is one of the most emotionally engaging in the franchise and you feel that connection even with the comedy throw in and out of dialogues, the music composed makes the overall experience more a sadder in my opinion

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Chozeninfinity
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know which soundtracks are used for Connor epic speech?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    I would like to know which soundtracks are used for the video of the deleted speech. I know that some of them are Connor's life and Main theme variation but I think there are more. Pls help

    submitted by /u/MarstonArthur
    [link] [comments]

    What to do when you’ve finished the main story in earlier AC games.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:09 PM PDT

    Although finishing the main story feels amazing, there's little fulfillment afterward. Even with an open world, it feels bland with no end goal.

    This is why I've put together a list of what I did when I finished every single mainline game.

    Do the side missions to unlock items.

    This means doing the heists in AC Unity, fixing up the rooms. The naval and assassin contracts in Black Flag, or the Interceptions and abstergo tablets in Rogue. Homestead missions in AC3. This is something you can work towards, which brings you a usable reward once you've completed it. Even the naval campaigns from Black Flag and Rogue give you something to do.

    Upgrading your settlement or brotherhood.

    Recruiting and send out assassins to do missions in Brotherhood, renovating New York in Rogue, or building up Monteriggioni in AC II. Your cove in black flag! Renovate the homestead in AC III! Maxing out the Jackdaw, Aquila, Morrigan. These require some effort, finding new money making strategies, searching out for elite blueprints. The game can be so much more enjoyable when you see your work in practice and notice the difference you are making.

    Dominate.

    Make it your mission to take out every. single. fort. AC Revelations? AC Syndicate? AC Rogue? AC Black Flag? All of these games have land you can take for yourself. It makes life easier on you trying to traverse around too. Especially in syndicate, doing the mini missions trying to take over parts on London was so fun!

    100% synchronise your save!

    Replay the main story, completing all the side objectives. Open all the chests, catch all the shanties, do all the side missions, craft all the upgrades, buy all the outfits. This also encourages you to max out your character, making this goal easier to accomplish. Some missions are taken for granted but can be very interesting, and have their own stories.

    Go wild and use cheats!

    For a stealth oriented franchise, going swords blazing is so fun! Did you know Beserk Grenades in Rogue start massive fist fights when fired at civilians? Buy a full armour and health combination set on Unity, bash the guards! Use the crossbows, rifles and guns. Being so OP can be hilarious, especially when using cheats such as Loud Mouth and Unlimited ammo! A bare knuckles rampage, ROPE DARTS! the combos you can make with those things.

    Assassins Creed is a franchise that can look bland and basic past the main story, but in truth the developers have jam packed all the games with hidden adventures, where the main story in only a fraction of what's in store.

    submitted by /u/CrY0g4n1C
    [link] [comments]

    What was that AC trailer with a quick kill?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    He walks towards the target, I think someone tries to stop him. And he quickly kills it and continues walking forward. I think this was from a trailer.

    submitted by /u/trekk12
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Questions about King Alfred

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    At the Order of Ancients ending in AC Valhalla it is revealed that King Alfred was the Grand Maegester of the group. This surprised me since I considered Alfred as a possible identity of The Father but dismissed it for several reasons:

    1. One of the clues for The Father was that he was answerable to someone above him. This didn't seem to apply to Alfred since he was the King, who has the highest position of authority. Since Alfred was The Father, who was this person above King Alfred he had to answer to? Perhaps God, since Alfred is religious?
    2. In the Winchester Arc King Alfred calls you for assistance to prevent a plot by the Order of Ancients to assassinate him. We later assassinate Ealhferth, a member of the Warden of Faith, just before he tries to kill King Alfred. If King Alfred was Grand Maegester of the Order all along, why was the Order trying to kill him?
    3. The Order of Ancients was presented as pagan but Alfred was a religious Christian, so I thought it was unlikely for Alfred to be their leader. This was answered by the game since it is revealed that Alfred actually loathed the cult and was secretly trying to destroy the Order from within to replace it with a more Christian group, so no issue or questions here.

    Just as a note, I know you can see the Grand Maegester is Alfred on the Order menu since his image isn't blacked out properly. This didn't happen to me since every time I selected on The Father to examine clues I made sure to cover the image of him with by putting my hand on the screen. I did this because I could tell The Keel was Gorm close to the start of the game just by looking a the image, and I didn't want another spoiler.

    submitted by /u/RandomHuman489
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment