• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 27, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Odyssey Fan art by me, Ink on paper.

    Assassin's Creed Odyssey Fan art by me, Ink on paper.


    Odyssey Fan art by me, Ink on paper.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:35 AM PST

    [Rant] [Spoilers] Why I think the next game will be in the arab world

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:44 PM PST

    So, before everything, I do not claim to know where the next game will be, this is all just speculation.

    So, in order to understand my way of thinking, we have to analyze each game since the "rebrand" of the series a bit (when Ubisoft started making the games more rpg-ish and more open world): Origins, Odyssey and the latest entry, Valhalla.

    First, Origins. In Origins we explore the foundation of the precursor of the Assassin Brotherhood, The Hidden Ones.

    Second, Odyssey. In Odyssey we explore the foundation of the precursor of the Templar Order, The Order of the Ancients.

    Then, comes Valhalla, where the storytelling is much less direct about the assassins and templars, so here the main revelation is a bit hidden. Alferd signs the papers as "The Poor Fellow Soldier of Christ", which is a reference to "The Order of the Poor Fellow Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple [of Solomon]", shortly known as the Templar Order. Therefore, we can see Valhalla is set around the time in which The Order of the Ancients evolves into the Templar Order.

    Following this pattern, the next game will cover the evolution of The Hidden Ones into the Assassin Brotherhood. As we know, the word "assassin" comes from Arabic, so the change from "The Hidden Ones" and into "The Assassin Brotherhood" should have happened in the Arab world.

    If anybody is reading this, than thanks for reading and excuse my bad use of English, it is not my native language.

    submitted by /u/Liagon
    [link] [comments]

    (Spoilers AC Unity) I just finished the game. What in the world happened to the modern day plot?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 09:01 AM PST

    Seriously its like it just disppeared...

    It didnt finish i was told the dude in charge of the templars was a sage and that was it! I killed him and bam nothing happened with the modern day plot... Did ubisoft just forget or am i dead ass and missing something?

    submitted by /u/NoCSForYou
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey and Origins Photo Mode

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 03:39 PM PST

    Anyone know how to access the photos taken with the in game photo mode and saved to your Ubisoft account for Origins and Odyssey now that they switched everything to feature Valhalla? I have close to 500 shots between the two games that I've lost access to and it high-key sucks. Had I known this would happen I would have downloaded them all before Valhalla's release.

    submitted by /u/sierralaufeyson13
    [link] [comments]

    Lighting up old tombs and bureaus

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:12 AM PST

    I'm posting this here because I want to get it off my chest: I find lighting up old candles and braziers in tombs and abandoned bureaus extremely satisfying. Normally I'm rushing around, trying to do this icon or that icon, but in the last couple of games I've found it really enjoyable to just to slow down in tombs or whatever, and take the time to light the old braziers and bring light back into an abandoned place.

    I know it's just a really small detail in games that are bunged full of much more impressive and significant stuff, but I really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/ThePistonCup
    [link] [comments]

    Ac unity xbox all clubs taken

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:20 AM PST

    Its been over 30 minutes and there is not a single 4 letter and number combo that isnt taken. I am trying my absolute hardest and I cannot make a club because of this, why is it this bad?

    submitted by /u/Unicron666
    [link] [comments]

    Some Hidden History Found in Valhalla

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 11:33 AM PST

    Got an awesome discussion going when I posted some similar historical analysis last week! This time around I found some fascinating connections to the Icelandic Sagas while listening to the sailing stories. Wondering if anyone found any similar references.

    I know I'm coming at this from a historians side of things, but I'm genuinely shocked more people don't talk about how well Ubisoft understands and uses their history sometimes. Fun and engaging.

    Another Short History Thing

    submitted by /u/bagofdonutboi
    [link] [comments]

    Which style of Assassin's Creed do you prefer?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:23 AM PST

    At this point the differences between the older AC games and the newer "Ancient Trilogy" are very clear. Which makes me wonder, which style of AC game do people prefer? The older, assassin focused, linear games, or the new big, RPG-style games that focus on the history of the setting more?

    Not trying to start any arguments, I'm just genuinely curious to see what type of game people prefer.

    submitted by /u/ioanastasis
    [link] [comments]

    Why are assassinations suddenly gone in Valhalla?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 06:37 AM PST

    When I started playing the game, I could do assassinations with my hidden blade. Now, the only thing I get up is "stealth attack", and I have to do the little minigame to perform a kill. Even with low level guards. This started happening 1-2 weeks ago.

    What's happened?

    submitted by /u/xTrollhunter
    [link] [comments]

    Basim's Sword? Where to get one?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:12 PM PST

    Basim is one of the best side characters on any assassins creed game in years IMO and I love everything, his wisdom and his sword and I really want one like it. Where can I get one? Please, no spoilers, I'm 60hours in and I've not completed it yet, trying to do everything and get everything I can!

    submitted by /u/louisharry98
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Stealth Reaper - Assassinate du Casse

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:18 PM PST

    AC Valhalla- Can anyone explain why the archery feels different in this game??

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:36 AM PST

    Pretty much the title. I have been having a hard time using the bow in Valhalla. So much that I almost never use it in combat. It's not a "git gud noob" situation. I am really good with the bow in both Origins and Odyssey and no problem using melee/ archery combos in battle. It just doesn't feel the same in Valhalla tho.

    I thought I might be misremembering so I cranked up a game of Odyssey and I am good again. I have no problems there.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something I can change in the settings.

    submitted by /u/No-Seaworthiness-138
    [link] [comments]

    In AC Valhalla is there any tattoo sets that cover your whole upper body?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 05:05 AM PST

    How does Valhalla stack up to Origins and Odyssey? Most of what I see are comparisons to AC1 and 2 but I'm more interested in the later games.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 08:54 AM PST

    Origins is my favourite AC ever and I enjoyed Odyssey very much but it's hard to find a lot of discussion about Valhalla as a successor to these games, as opposed to its place in the series as a whole and how it honors AC1 and 2 and the classic mechanics that it semi brought back. I don't really care about that stuff honestly, what I loved about Origins in particular wasn't the Assassin's Creed-ness of it, it was the beautiful world, varied environments, interesting main plot and generally consistently good side activities. I'm really interested to know how Valhalla compares in those aspects because I just got my PS5 and still unsure whether to wait for a bigger price drop on Valhalla or shell out now.

    submitted by /u/queensinthesky
    [link] [comments]

    How does AC Origins and Odyssey compare to Valhalla on next gen consoles

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:39 AM PST

    Is there a noticeable difference when playing these games on next gen consoles (XBox Series S to be specific)? Do they look and feel dated when compared to Valhalla?

    Attention AUTO-MOD: This is not a technical support question!

    submitted by /u/CloneAlias
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes I feel like Odyssey hates me.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 08:59 AM PST

    Why does it seem like every time I'm fighting a Mercenary, as soon as their at about 10% health, three more mercenaries 10 levels higher than me show up and immediately stomp me into the mud. It get really old, really fast. I've been trying to kill the same guy for two hours now and end up getting killed by guys that aren't anywhere near when the fight starts. Guy is one level higher than me and damn near impossible to kill. Even critical assassination barely puts a dent in him.

    I needed to vent. I love the game, until I don't. The frustration spikes in this game are pretty massive at times, and I almost feel Iike they want you to do the mercenaries when you out level them by almost half, which would then make the rewards worthless. What's worse is I just killed another mercenary six levels higher than me with next to no issues. It was a pretty fair fight, but this Greased Camel is obnoxious.

    submitted by /u/ravenfellblade
    [link] [comments]

    Which games don’t have the optional objectives feature?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 09:23 AM PST

    I'm still somewhat new to the AC games. The first game I played was Valhalla and loved it. I'm going to play them in order starting with AC2. I'm done with the Ezio collection and I just started AC3.

    I understand that the optional objectives are optional and you can still beat the game without them but man do they mess with my OCD, I'm not a fan of it.

    AC2 and Valhalla did not have them, so obviously they do go away at some point. Which games don't have them?

    submitted by /u/rcalc4
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know if they will be adding alternate controls like the last 2 games had?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:21 AM PST

    After AC Syndicate the franchise changed but they put in alternate control schemes that were more like the older games so it didn't leave fans of the older games out. Origins and Odyssey both had the option of alternate controls, but for some strange reason Valhalla doesn't!? I really hate this control scheme and would like to go back to how it was in Origins and Odyssey.

    submitted by /u/its_muh_username
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment