• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 16, 2021

    Assassin's Creed World Events are literally just crazy people [SPOILER]

    Assassin's Creed World Events are literally just crazy people [SPOILER]


    World Events are literally just crazy people [SPOILER]

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:50 AM PST

    I've finished all the world Events in Rygjafylke and a few in England and they're all just insane people. There is some crazy guy who thinks a bunch of dinky shrines and some sacks filled with barley is a massive kingdom, there's a christian monk who stores dead bodies in his shed, and there is a guy who killed his brothers to own a small little island. I hope all the world Events are like this.

    submitted by /u/xBlast5767
    [link] [comments]

    AC needs to go back to large dense populated cities and borrow HITMAN mechanics

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:38 AM PST

    They need to go back to the successful root. We need large densely populated cities (like AC Rome) with significant architectural building and alleys and carefully plan a our assassination again.

    Every assassination should be tough and requires planning and strategy and social opportunities (like the new Hitman trilogy) and failing one could lead to consequences later on and make the story diverge.

    submitted by /u/Yultron25
    [link] [comments]

    I really enjoy Valhalla's side activities, despite what some people say.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:34 PM PST

    Adding them in makes the world of Valhalla seem so much more real. I can actually sit down at tables in the longhouse, rather than just standing on top of them like in other games, or go drink at a brewery, fish at a river, or just stack some stones.

    Eivor's entire purpose in the game is to try and create a safe place for the Raven Clan to live. After the death of his family (literal first thing to happen in the game), s/he wants to make sure that nothing of the sort can happen to their new family again.

    Because of that, giving so many more options helps develop that. Eivor's life isn't just revolving constantly around killing and fighting. S/he can play with some of the local kids, have a drink, form a romantic relationship, sit down to eat a feast, go hunting or fishing, get a haircut, etc. The world doesn't just revolve around angst and violence, Eivor can just go do stuff.

    Yes, some of them can get a bit tedious, and it'd be nice to have some more variety. But on the whole, they're a positive addition, and I hope Ubisoft continues them.

    submitted by /u/EquivalentInflation
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's creed Valhalla is the 5th best selling game of 2020 in usa

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 11:13 AM PST

    AC games are just getting too big, too cluttered, and too long

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:40 AM PST

    I know as gamers and fans of AC that we are hard to appease, but I feel like every AC game is just getting bigger and longer and it's just getting tiresome. I've played every AC as they've come out and enjoyed them for the most part. Black flag will always be my favorite and I really liked playing origins and understood the direction they were taking to "breathe some life into the series", but now, it's just too much. I don't time have to play these overly long games anymore. I've only got a few places left on my alliance map and I just don't want to do them.

    I've enjoyed the game, it was fun, but I would have enjoyed the story being shorter. Best part of the game for me has been mostly the side encounters. They are funny, short, need some thinking and discovery, and have been more memorable than the story at times. All these people we've met and helped, I can't keep track of them. Some came back to help with a siege and I genuinely couldn't remember our last interactions or even which arc they came from.

    Maybe less collectibles and world events in the future? I mean, what the hell am I going to do with all these nickel ingots??? I'm just burnt out. I didn't even finish odyssey for the same reason. I just looked at that map and felt... tired. It felt like a chore. With these level caps now in certain areas, I feel obligated to do all the side stuff just to move on.

    Collectibles have always been out of hand in my opinion. All those chests and feathers/banners in the old games, all the artifacts, pages, wealth now, etc. Just an amazing amount of filler crap. I'm not interested in riding my horse forever to get somewhere. Yeah, I have a great appreciation for the work and level of detail in England, but I can only appreciate it so much. It's truly stunning work, but even when you stare at a painting long enough it loses its luster.

    Every AC game has had flaws, but they were things to you could overlook because the rest balanced it out. Now when the map is gigantic and my inventory is full of shit I didn't need that I won't use and I've already got great weapons that I don't feel obligated to change, just let me finish the game without the extra crap. Please.

    submitted by /u/pagnoodle
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed Mayan? Good idea or bad?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 03:41 PM PST

    Hello all, this is my first reddit post so apologies for anything if necessary lol but anyway, does an AC game set in the Yucatan Peninsula or somewhere near there sound like it could be a good idea? Mayans and similar cultures seem to have rich histories and AC has been having fun with the mythologies and such so that aspect could be cool as well. But the best part could be the world itself because of great world building they've done with Egypt and Greece recently (Haven't played Valhalla yet but I'm sure its amazing too).

    submitted by /u/jaypea0199
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft : Please get some new Audio Engineers on your next project or invest more into audio quality. The audio quality has been downright bad in the past few games and it takes me out of the experience.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 12:38 PM PST

    The quality is downright awful when using headphones: clipping, bad bitrates and overall poor mixing. Bad audio is something that should not be be tolerated in AAA games. I'm not sure if Ubisoft even considers these bugs and would have to re-do the audio from the ground up to make the quality better.

    If you want your worlds to be immersive and filled with life bad audio can really wreck the experience.

    submitted by /u/Tan_servo
    [link] [comments]

    Is Valhalla worth it for a fan of the older games?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:16 PM PST

    I'm sure variations of this question have been asked many times here, but this is my first time browsing this subreddit, so my apologies.

    I also know there are many AC fans that aren't fond of the more recent games, and I'm one of those fans. I've played every mainline game to this point; AC2 is my favorite, and the last one I really loved was Unity. Syndicate wasn't great, but at least it felt like Assassin's Creed.

    Since then, I don't like how the series has more or less become a generic action RPG. The worlds are too big and sprawling, and I find the combat to be a particular weakness. Having said that, I know Valhalla has at least made a few attempts to make the game feel more familiar, from what I've read. I just wanted to see how true that is. Is it an improvement over the last two, or just more of the same?

    When it hits, this franchise is one of my favorites, so I hate feeling so indifferent towards it now. I yearn for a return to form, but I fear it might not be coming. If that's the case, at least I can keep replaying the older games...

    submitted by /u/totemxatu
    [link] [comments]

    I wish AC had a better sheath mechanic, it’s one of the most immersive game mechanics for me

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:17 PM PST

    I don't know what it is, but being able to sheath/holster your weapon at will in games like the Witcher, RDR2, and Ghosts of Tsushima takes immersion for me to another level.

    submitted by /u/OhNellis
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: when dual weilding light shields, you can block with both at the same time (front + back) by holding both R1 and L1.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:46 AM PST

    Dont know how many knew about this, maybe its just me haha.

    A cool detail too, but you can determine which shield blocks the front and which blocks the back, by choosing which shield you hold block with first.

    For example, if you hold R1 first, the main hand shield goes up in front, and the off hand shield goes behind.

    Same goes for heavy shields but you cannot move with shields up.

    Edit: spelt wielding wrong, you had one job autocorrect.

    submitted by /u/pringlepops
    [link] [comments]

    [AC: Valhalla] SPOILERS!!!!!(?) About romancing one certain character.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:31 PM PST

    I know I said spoilers, but if you can answer me without even more spoiling the story than what is said, I'd really appreciate it. Here we go. >! So I now accidentally discovered that there's 5 choices all through out the story that will dictate the ending. First is whether to take the resources or not, which I failed. The second one is the one in question where Randvi admits her feelings to you. I know, bros before hoes, and I should've known better since he's Sigurd's WIFE, but I made the wrong decision. I thought the romance part wouldn't matter much, but again I should've known better. I'm past the encounter with Sigurd and Basim (where I stayed calm) as well as Dag part and I feel like I did the right thing. I never knew about this up until after the Dag encounter since I was curious if what will happen when I choose the other option. So I got 2-2 and I heard that if you have 3 strikes you'll get a bad ending. Is there only 2 ending (good/bad) or is there a best/good/bad one? Can I still get the good ending even if Eivor romanced Randvi? Will there be a difference/can I revert it back if I break up with her? Thanks. !<

    submitted by /u/Erudes11
    [link] [comments]

    [AC Valhalla] Tilting the Balance | No Kills, No Detects

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:56 PM PST

    Is there a crazy Valhalla “Loot” imbalance? Or am I doing something wrong.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:10 PM PST

    Is anyone else finding that the loot is crazy unbalanced? I have like 2000 supplies and only 20 raw materials. Same goes for crafting, tons of titanium and nickel but zero cloth.

    submitted by /u/buenothekid
    [link] [comments]

    Is the reccomended level actually required in Valhalla?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:53 PM PST

    So I'm about to go into the 2nd to last area of the map and its saying that the reccomended level is 250. I'm only level 215 but I've gotten through the game pretty easily to this point, generally lagging several levels behind (but admittedly not 35 levels behind the reccommended until now lol). How hard would it be if I went into this territory right now? I really just want to wrap up the main story at this point after putting almost 80 hours in. Should I stick to side content until I'm closer to 250 or is it playable without being punishing?

    submitted by /u/rukivverh5995
    [link] [comments]

    Can i play only story?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:03 AM PST

    Like in origins and Odyssey, you need to level up to the required level for a main quest by doing side quests and other activities, is it also the same in this game? Since this game is very very long that's why I want to do Only main quests.

    submitted by /u/Cyraxnagar
    [link] [comments]

    I surely cant be the only one annoyed

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 11:44 PM PST

    I chose to play as male evior, because im a dude, and on my rpgs I like to make the character as close to myself as I can...

    Getting hit on by ever other male npc that I come across is starting to grind my gears, like im sure there were a lot of gay vikings... but my childhood best friend trying to feel "the warmth of my body" is just weird... and I imagine that if I were female evior it would feel weird and forced as well.

    submitted by /u/-StockOB-
    [link] [comments]

    Have you seen this man? quest [SPOILER]

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:58 AM PST

    this quest is one of the most amazing and hilarious quest that I have ever played in an assassins creed game, my favorite part is when you petra talks to the squirrel and then it says that it doesnt speak rabbit

    that part is one of the most hilarious things that I have seen in this game, I haven't progresed much in the story quest because I been doing all the mysteries and artifacts that I love doing but I hope there are more quests like this in the future.

    What is your favorite quest in the AC games?

    EDIT:formatting

    submitted by /u/darkghost38
    [link] [comments]

    How's the game with health bars turned off?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:22 AM PST

    I don't have the game yet, but was thinking that when I buy it I'd like to play without healthbars and damage numbers.

    Has anyone beat the game without healthbars? If so how was it?

    submitted by /u/Dookman
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed Origins - Point of no return?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:56 PM PST

    A few days ago I seen someone on here talking about the PONR in ACO and was wondering what he was meaning? Is this something that can mess up anything if you haven't completed enough? I am maybe 20 hours in now and haven't done too much of the main story yet.

    submitted by /u/roastbeef678
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a really in depth AC lore recap that *includes* Valhalla?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 03:53 AM PST

    Many are UP to Valhalla which makes sense, but any include what we have from Valhalla at this moment? It's been a very long time so I'm a bit fuzzy on a lot of stuff and see if anything changed drastically with the release of Valhalla.

    submitted by /u/strangegoo
    [link] [comments]

    Mi idea for the next Ac its call "teles of abstergo"

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:34 PM PST

    Mi idea for the next Ac its call "teles of abstergo"

    In this game we are the son of an high level insider of abstergo and we can hear important things about the war between templars and assassins, while we can also play the new abstergo vr console.

    in this first game "teles of abstergo: zulu's path" we are in a fantasy african setting with mounts like rhinos and some elements control to defeat our enemies and save our home.

    https://preview.redd.it/20ofv0ix6mb61.png?width=788&format=png&auto=webp&s=bd9394255e40d36c4eea7eca4bd70f41d8fdff12

    submitted by /u/spartanhonor_12
    [link] [comments]

    an assassins creed game set during the civil war would be awesome.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 11:17 PM PST

    it could work with the newer open-world formula while being more modern than the last trilogy. it would be fun to work through the war and try to stop the confederation. the battle of gettysburg, antitem, shilo etc. i have the picture in my mind of an incredible final mission where you either try to or try to stop the assassination of lincoln. i think it would be cool.

    submitted by /u/tbonecrunch
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment