• Breaking News

    Friday, January 22, 2021

    Assassin's Creed I badly want more games set in asia

    Assassin's Creed I badly want more games set in asia


    I badly want more games set in asia

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:19 AM PST

    I love what assassin's creed usually does with games set in Europe and the americas, but asia would be a nice change of pace. I mean, we got litterally one game in asia (not counting chronicles) and that game came out 14 years ago. Asia has so much history, and I've heard ubisoft talk about how there running out of ideas. Why not go to golden age india? Or the golden age of china? Or a game set in ancient persia where you help darius? There's so many possibilities. There would be much more exotic locations we could get. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/ShadeAE
    [link] [comments]

    I wish Assassin's Creed was a bit more creative with its stealth system

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:10 AM PST

    Speaking mainly about Valhalla, I loathe how being 'stealthy' in a settlement boils down to putting up a hood, and even then if you move at more than a walking pace guards are immediately suspicious of you. Let us steal Saxon outfits from kills; force us to ditch our armour and put on some commoner clothes so we can actually blend in properly but at the cost of stats. Or let us take armour from Saxon soldiers to equip as a set disguise outfit. If I want to sneak around a monastery and take out the guards one-by-one before triggering a raid, let me dress as a monk and really hide in plain sight.

    submitted by /u/DandalfDaWhite
    [link] [comments]

    In universe, Connor is probably the most well known assassin.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 05:40 AM PST

    Very recently I was playing AC3 after listening to some Hamilton when this thought occurred to me; Connor is most likely the most well known assassin in universe.

    Most of our protagonists live fairly quite lives in the grand scheme of history, sure Edward might be mentioned in records as a fairly infamous pirate or Ezio might be mentioned in a few of Leonardo's letters, but by and large they keep to the shadows.

    But not Connor, as involved as he got in the revolution he's bound to have been mentioned in several records of events and in lots of different correspondence as a 'stoic native warrior' whose support helped save the revolution at critical moments before leaving after Washington ordered an attack on his village.

    I think that Connor would be seen by historians as a skilled warrior at worst and an unofficial founding father at best. Indeed his story would be debated by historians over how much of it is real, did he really storm Breed Hill single handedly? Did he really foil an attempt on Washington's life? It's all debated by historians for decades with them flip flopping on the issue.

    But in the 20th century Connor's story would get massive public interest in the 1920s after he gets portrayed in a couple of movies about the founding fathers, usually in a fairly racist manner. Then around the 1960s he'd get an autobiography telling the 'true' story of his life that ultimately gets many things wrong.

    This interest culminates in an 80s action movie starring either Stallone or Schwarzenegger as Connor himself as they butcher redcoats in true 80s fashion, naturally 'stoic' is thrown out the window to make Connor into your typical 80s action movie hero complete with one liners.

    This cult classic inspires several sequels that get progressively worse followed by a controversial reboot in 2015.

    At the same time however he also makes an appearance in Hamilton with his very own song which is said to be on the same level as 'you'll be back'.

    And finally his last film appearance is in the Oscar winning 2018 film 'leaf on the wind' where Connor's story is told in a very dramatic fashion and is praised for it's 'sensitive and thoughtful portrayal' of native Americans and their culture.

    On the internet, Connor is debated back and forth in many subreddits. On r/historymemes he's a meme in the same vein as Simo Häyhä only for redcoats. On the political subreddits he's used to prove a point, usually something about race. On r/Sapphoandherfriend there's debate on whether or not he was in a romantic relationship with Charles Lee (he mentioned Lee constantly after all)

    And of course he's subject to countless conspiracy theories that he was part of a secret assassin order, most people don't believe in that one.

    submitted by /u/lalalegion
    [link] [comments]

    Just an observation... it seems like Brotherhood was the last game in the series to be universally loved by hardcore fans and mainstream fans alike.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:41 PM PST

    AC1 introduced the world to the series, AC2 perfected the narrative formula and sense of atmosphere, ACB introduced a sweeping new change to gameplay with the recruitment system, while also heightening the stakes of the stories of both Ezio and Desmond. All three pretty much received universal praise at their times of release.

    Since then, it seems like every consecutive game in some way dissatisfied one group or another. I'll explain one by one below. (Keep in mind, these are just my own observations, and I'd be happy to see further discussion in the comments.)

    Revelations (despite being my personal favorite game in the series) - while delivering an emotionally compelling end to Ezio and Altair's stories in a colorful setting, and generally being loved by the core fanbase, it turned off many casual fans with its short length and somewhat lackluster side activities and minigames.

    AC3 (another one I love personally) - Despite introducing great new characters like Haytham, and breaking new ground in terms of series world design with the frontier, it received intense criticism for Connor being a far less charismatic protagonist than Ezio, and also for its admittedly disappointing modern day conclusion.

    Black Flag - probably the closest to fan unification in the post-Brotherhood window. Received tremendous praise from mainstream outlets and casual fans, while leaving a bit to be desired for the core fanbase with a diminished narrative focus on modern day and a departure from a core focus on the Assassin-Templar conflict, instead focusing on an outsider's perspective with Edward.

    Unity - While perhaps the most pure iteration of the stealth gameplay formula, alongside a brilliant parkour system and immersive city with Paris, a broken launch mired its perception in the mainstream, so much so that it turned many of the uninitiated away from the series altogether and brought into question the series' longevity.

    Rogue - Seen by many in the mainstream as Black Flag's weaker and shorter clone. Promised hardcore fans a nuanced take on the Assassin-Templar conflict, but ultimately failed to live up to many of these expectations, despite a handful of high points.

    Syndicate - this mostly forgotten game largely disappointed the core fanbase by seeming to lack serious respect for the thematic core of the series, and being written more as a comedy set in the AC universe than anything. Didn't separate itself enough from Unity to turn very many heads in the mainstream.

    Origins - Effective reboot of the series. Brought back a large contingent of the mainstream with its appeal to wide open-world, post-Witcher sensibilities and attractive setting in turn-of-the-millennium Egypt. Despite this, it retconned much of the series' expanded lore and was viewed by much of the core fanbase as too dramatic a departure from the core tenants of the franchise, sacrificing stealth aspects and sophisticated parkour environments at the altar of RPG likeness.

    Odyssey - Abandoned longtime fans by practically mocking the lore, all but entirely doing away with the "assassin" aspect of the series' name, and much like Syndicate, failing to take the AC universe seriously and treating it like a comedy. Found more popularity within the mainstream, largely among fans who had grown to hate the series since Unity. All in all, the worst game in the series, in my opinion.

    Valhalla - Perhaps the closest we've been since Black Flag to a unified fanbase. Although it still is plagued by some of the shortcomings of the fundamental design aspects of its recent predecessors, makes big strides to win back the core fanbase with a greater respect for stealth, careful attention to lore, and most importantly, strong writing. Also keeps the mainstream fanbase satisfied by taking the best aspects of Origins and Odyssey and largely doing away with what wasn't working.

    submitted by /u/Hidanidas
    [link] [comments]

    The Ravensthorpe Library -- a fan puzzle book about the legends, history, and myth in AC: Valhalla, with a secret within!

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:45 PM PST

    Assassin’s Creed III Homestead missions are probably my favorite missions in the game

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:20 AM PST

    I've gone through a good amount of missions so far and I gotta say these homestead missions are pretty wholesome. When I first played III on the PS3 way back, I never did these missions so the atmosphere felt a little lonely and isolated thinking that Achilles was the only character Connor had in his life. But doing these missions in the remaster really brings this game to life in a way I didn't experience the first time around. It's just so well written with the way the characters interact with each other and these missions really make Connor's personality shine. In a way I kind of like these missions more than the main story

    submitted by /u/allenwalker009
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Sigurd is a horrible human being...

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:07 AM PST

    I love this new AC game, but I genuinely can't stand Sigurd's antics throughout the game. First off, during the Fulke storyline, Sigurd repeatedly claims that Eivor is the dumb one, and never bothers to tell Eivor what is going on. When Sigurd is found after being taken prisoner, Sigurd's first reaction was to get angry with Eivor for "taking too long", and "enjoying being the leader". Sigurd is the worst leader to have existed in the AC universe for the simple fact that he can't look beyond himself.

    TLDR; Sigurd is rude, ignorant, and should have been nicer to Eivor.

    What do y'all think of Sigurd?

    submitted by /u/6ixsideup
    [link] [comments]

    The Treasure Fleet - Stealth Reaper | AC4

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:40 PM PST

    AC: Valhalla Longship pilot falling asleep at the rudder

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:24 PM PST

    Anybody else notice that if they use the follow coast move to marker there are areas that the ship won't make the turn or will run aground in a overly wide turn? Or you get a touch too close to ground and all of a sudden you're in a seemingly immovable location while your crew and ship are stuck until you wiggle your way back to water or give up and ride down the road to recall your now magically unstuck ship. I say since horses can swim, Longships should be able to row on land...or just give the pilot some brakes and a redbull so he slows down and wakes the fuck up.

    submitted by /u/Tolkienfan69
    [link] [comments]

    How does assassins creed odyssey connect to the series?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:11 PM PST

    So I just finished origins and I'm trying to figure out how odyssey can come before origins and still be an assassins creed game. Without spoiling major plot points can someone please help explain?

    submitted by /u/Gavenlee2003
    [link] [comments]

    Shouldn't the "Niflheim" ship pack which you buy from Yanli be actually called "Musphelheim"

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:32 AM PST

    Seeing as it's all red and fire, it would make sense for it to be Musphelheim not Niflheim since Niflheim is cold and ice.

    Am I mistaken it is it a mistake on ubisoft's part?

    submitted by /u/TeaBagHunter
    [link] [comments]

    Why didn't people like the Assassin's Creed movie?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 03:07 PM PST

    I just finished watching it for the first time as a long time fan of the series. I've played all the main series games up until Origins and I liked it. Templar and Assassin struggle was portrayed nicely. Abstergo was accurate and almost reminiscent of AC3 when you infiltrate them. Bleeding effect was pretty accurate. I didn't like the Harry Potter-esque moment near the end when his relatives are around him, but that was literally the only part of the film I didn't like. I have almost no criticisms about it. It was what I expect from an Assassin's Creed film. The historical sections reminded me of Revelations at the beginning when you're on the horse and carriage.

    It was a good film. Maybe even a great film idk. I really enjoyed it. I don't understand the outrage when it first came out. Why did people find it terrible?

    submitted by /u/ToesyToeNails
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Theory about the ending of Valhalla.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:05 AM PST

    Whilst the story of Valhalla has yet to conclude, as that is to come with the DLCs I hope, I have a theory as to how it may end in one aspect.

    After reading Neil Gaiman's book 'Norse Mythology' in which inspiration is taken greatly from the Poetic Edda, it seems that two characters shown within his rendition of Ragnarok could be represented by both Layla and Desmond.

    I believe that both Layla and Desmond are going to fulfil the roles of Líf and Lífþrasir, whose fate is to survive Ragnarok and continue humanity. There are a few parallels that can be drawn such as the similarity with two survivors hiding in Yggdrasill, as well as the connection to Desmond's intended fate where he was to shepherd humanity after the Second Disaster. Both Layla and Desmond also seem to be exploring the possibilities of this alternate timeline shown in AC3 as well.

    This is just a speculation, but I would like to hear some other opinions of where they may go with the story regarding Layla and Desmond.

    submitted by /u/xTertain
    [link] [comments]

    Kalydonian Boar is making me want to quit Odyssey and just jump right to Valhalla because it is so blatantly unfair.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 03:49 AM PST

    I am not opposed to a challenge. I spent two days beating Sigrun in God of War on hard mode because, though incredibly difficult, I still felt like I was always making progress and any failures were my own fault. And above all, it was fair. This is none of that. This is just pure difficulty for the sake of being difficult.

    After doing some searching about what other people have said about this fight, I have come to the conclusion that it is just plain unfair, and I'm not okay with that. The obnoxiously tanky adds, the fact that it can heal itself for absolutely no reason except to piss people off, all coupled with the strange hit box and wonky dodg mechanics. And every strategy I've found says to either lower the difficulty (no), come back at 5 or 10 levels higher than the recommended level (what's the point of recommended levels?), or find some super cheesed up way to take it down that doesn't fit with the overall spirit of anything the game has taught me to this point.

    It sounds silly to quit a game over a single "optional" encounter, but I don't see any content as actually optional. It's content I paid for, and I expect it to be doable in the way that the game presents it to me, at the time the game presents it to me. And the fact that this fight is so universally reviled just shows how the game designers' desire to make a challenge just for the sake of a challenge caused their ambitions to get ahead of them. And it has completely devalued the experience of the entire game so far because all the time I've spent learning this game's mechanics was completely wasted.

    I really hope Valhalla is better and doesn't have this kind of garbage. 🤭

    submitted by /u/Raison_Detritus
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get an AC game without snakes?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 02:32 PM PST

    I, like many others suffer from ophidiophobia, the fear of snakes. This causes me to take a lot of tombs really slow, and even use photo mode to look around corners and stuff. When I often overlook one and get to close, I jump when I hear the hiss sound. The past three games have had snakes, and while I'm sure I'll get called a pussy and that it's a game, I'd really like a setting that doesn't have snakes, or at the very least an option to turn them off. With the growing accessibility options in gaming, I think they could figure out something. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Zoomii5
    [link] [comments]

    I hated this sub after playing Odyssey, until I played the other games.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:41 PM PST

    When I first played Odyssey last year, it was one of the first videogames I had played other than Minecraft. And I absolutely loved it. I loved that it was crammed with stuff to do, I loved that it made you take breaks from the main quest line in order to do side quests, I wasn't bothered by the microtransactions and I loved the DLC. I was so mad at this sub, wondering why you could hate such a beautiful game. Until I played the other games. Then, I realised that, although Odyssey had some good features, it paled in comparison to other entries. I realised just now much the Fafe of Atlantis fucked up the lore, and how annoying the pacing was. I felt saddened by how the franchise went from AC 2 to AC odyssey in less than 10 years. But that makes me love Valhalla even more. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, too.

    submitted by /u/AboveSteam
    [link] [comments]

    Will the DLC advance the modern-day story of Valhalla (no spoilers in my text)

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:46 PM PST

    Other than Odyssey's Atlantis DLC, no AC DLC pack that I can think of advanced the modern-day beyond the base game's ending. The helicopter never coming in Origins always really bothered me

    Has Darby or anyone else said anything about this?

    submitted by /u/leftisthominid
    [link] [comments]

    Went back to the game and remembered one of my favorite moments from when I used to play it often

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:34 PM PST

    I don't know why I left. I got to looking at my games, saw it sitting in my digital library, and remembered one of my greatest stunts I pulled. I had my tv off, game on, since the PS4 turns the game off on rest mode and I wasn't ready to quit for the day. However my dad wanted to play a game, picked up the controller, messing with it and pressing buttons. We played a couple rounds of Street fighter on the snes classic and after he left I went back to the PS4 to find my ship on a collision course with land as I was being chased by brigs and maybe a frigate, which was out of my range at the time, as well as on it's last bit of health, not much left.

    I turned the ship in time to avoid land and fired shot after shot at the ships behind me and left behind fire barrels doing some minor damage, but damage for sure. I board brig after brig slowly getting back my health all the while chopping at the frigate. At that point hunter ships were gaining on me and my ammo aplenty for the battle of the seas. I damage the frigate and board it, repairing my ship fully and I turn to face off the hunters, to lower my wanted level and get my ship to 100%.

    This was my last memory of the game before putting it down to preserve its fun. I went back in, relearned the combat and how to play, and stirred up trouble with a couple frigates and a man o' war. I missed this game so much

    submitted by /u/MidnightJ1200
    [link] [comments]

    [spoiler]The ending doesn't make sense to me

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:45 PM PST

    "it worked perfectly my dear"

    This line implies that everything that happened for basin/loki (boki?) Was planned in advance.

    In better words, they planned for loki to be revived as basim with all his memories, then have him travel across the world and eventually find someone who just happens to maybe be odin reborn, and then lead said person all over the world before finally ending up at whatever that shrine in the ending was. And then despite saying he wanted to kill evior for revenge he also planned to lose the fight in a very specific way so that he would be kept alive for hundreds of years but also be able to eventually reach out someone who just happened to get a hold of his girlfriend's magic stick and then hope she finds a random body in the middle of nowhere and happen to have a machine to view memories of said body... And then go on a quest to find said weird shrine and finally happen to be taken by the machine on just the right way so that she drops the staff just close enough for basim to land on top of it?

    Does this plan seem a little far-fetched to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/carefree_dude
    [link] [comments]

    GDC 2015: Massive Crowd on Assassin's Creed Unity: AI Recycling

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:24 PM PST

    What was the actual point of the ___ in Valhalla (LATE GAME SPOILERS)

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:41 PM PST

    What was the actual point of the Yggdrasil? I get that it was supposed to at some point release these Isu-enfused humans post-Toba and Odin et al. were supposed to be spontaneously "reincarnated" down the line within the descendants of the Isu-enfused humans.

    However, I don't get the purpose of the simulator that Eivor and Sigurd and Svala were hooked up to. It was supposed to house their conscious, but those human bodies would atrophy over time and there wasn't any shroud-like equipment to regenerate Isu bodies for them.

    submitted by /u/leftisthominid
    [link] [comments]

    What eras and locations do you think/hope will be the setting of the next game?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:19 AM PST

    My Top Three Choices

    1. Japan-I would love to see a game set in either the Meiji era or during the Bakunmatsu War. Either one of these era's could still have the standard Assassin's Creed stealth, melee combat, and bow usage found in previous games, but it could also reintroduce the concept of firearms back into the gameplay. Plotwise, I see the story revolving around the Templars trying to take control of Japan during these turbulent periods, and the Assassin's trying to stop them. Title Ideas-Ronin, Bakunmatsu
    2. American Civil War-In my mind, in keeping with the Civil War's idea of sibling fighting against sibling, this plotline would revolve around two siblings that find themselves on opposite sides of the Assassin and Templar conflict, with the Civil War influencing the story and mission of the game, much like how the Revolutionary War influenced the events of Assassin Creed's III. Like with my previous suggestion, having a game set in the Civil War would allow the series to reintroduce the concept of firearms into the game while not compromising its essential stealth and melee gameplay. Title Ideas-Civil War, Broken, Fractured
    3. While I do not have an idea of when or where this idea would be set, I would love to see a game where you play as a character that is neither aligned with the Assassins or Templars, but instead finds themselves caught in the middle of their conflict, where they end up fighting antagonists on both sides. This would reintroduce the Grey-and-Gray Morality concept that has not been found in the series for some time.
    submitted by /u/strongerthenbefore20
    [link] [comments]

    [spoiler] After completing a monastery raid, how can I open 'force open' doors?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:03 PM PST

    I completed the raid on Cicestre Abbey, and so my vikings pack up and head back to the boat. Unfortunately there is still a 'force-open' door that wasn't opened, and a faintly lit chest is behind it. Note, it is not a 'barred' door.

    I can't open the door without someone else to help, but I am unable to use the 'raid' option again, as it's already completed at this location.

    Is this a bug or is there a way for me to open the door without a viking? I already tried leaving and coming back, but the 'raid' option seems to be unable to select. Loading a pervious save isn't really an option either as I've done a lot more game play from when I was first raiding there. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/knotjust
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers]Question about the Picts in Valhalla

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:44 AM PST

    Why are the Picts in this game depicted like they would have been 800 years before the start of this game?

    Like not wearing clothes and looking like savages despite there being a kingdom of Scotland at this time?

    submitted by /u/Soaptimusprime
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment