• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 16, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Combat finishers look much better when they don't trigger the cinematic camera

    Assassin's Creed Combat finishers look much better when they don't trigger the cinematic camera


    Combat finishers look much better when they don't trigger the cinematic camera

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:38 PM PST

    I don't know how it works but sometimes the finishers don't trigger the cinematic camera and this look much more natural and so much better. I wish there was an option to remove the cinematic angle and an option to put the camera a little bit closer during combats

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla > Cyberpunk 2077

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:49 AM PST

    Really glad I chose Valhalla as my holiday game rather than Cyberpunk (I play on console btw) just having a look at the dumpster fire that is the Cyberpunk console launch really makes you appreciate what Ubisoft and AC manages to accomplish almost every year.

    Not saying AC doesn't have its flaws but...Yikes.

    EDIT: Maybe I should have made it clearer but I'm talking about the performance and bugs on consoles. Not the overall gameplay, story etc.

    submitted by /u/Oscarburr26
    [link] [comments]

    SPOILERS: I spoiled the ending of Valhalla for myself, I just didn't know it.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:41 PM PST

    So I've been playing as the female Eivor, using the "let the animus decide" option, where you play as a male Havi.

    It didn't take me long to fall in love with the voice of the female Eivor, it's both powerful and comforting and perfect for Eivor's character, at least for how my playthrough has gone.

    So one day I looked up who voiced to female Eivor to see if the voice actor is as beautiful as her voice (spoiler: she is) and I had a glance at the other voice actors to see if they based the character design on the voice actors, like they did in GTAV. Bear in mind I was maybe 3 arcs in at this point and hadn't completed any vision quests.

    I soon noticed that voice actor for the male Eivor (and Havi) also voices Odin, that the actor for Sigurd also voices Tyr and the actor for Basim also voices Loki.

    I then thought to myself "Sheesh Ubisoft, could you not afford separate voice actors? I know that you're trying to stick to the Scandinavian dialect but c'mon..."

    Little did I realise how clueless I would be. Thankfully I am so incredibly dull, otherwise I would have spoiled the ending for myself after about 20hrs of playthrough.

    submitted by /u/Ori_scenti
    [link] [comments]

    There are now 3 new skills. Max power level is now 403.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 07:02 AM PST

    Those 3 are:

    -Arrow Looter: Eivor has a greater chance of looting arrows from archers (nice!).

    -Assassin Carry: Hold R1 to automatically carry a body after a successful assassination (meh).

    -Fight Ready: Always start a fight with an adrenaline slot filled (eh...why bother if you can just kill the strawmen at settlement to have 4 adrenaline bars?).

    Not sure if you need to already complete all branches of each of the 3 skill trees (Wolf, Bear, Crow) to unlock them as I was already level 400 (with 30 mastery points in each branch) when the new update arrived.

    EDIT: Alright so this is weird, after playing for one hour I exited the game then came back...I still have 3 unspent skill points and the new abilities are gone. Ubisoft definitely did a patch on their server-side since these 3 new abilities are probably coming with the Yule festival and Ubi made a mistake in making them available now.

    EDIT 2: I tried resetting all skills then clicking on Fate (the center beginning node of the skill tree) to assign them all and the 3 new skills haven't re-appeared yet...but when I exited the menu I got the notification of a new ability called "Emergency Aim"...but then I went to check on my ability menu and it didn't proper unlock. This patch sure is buggy AF with stuff from the Yule festival unlocking sooner than later.

    submitted by /u/muchomanga
    [link] [comments]

    Level Scaling should always be optional

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 07:26 AM PST

    So the Latest patch for Valhalla added level scaling on world bosses, alpha animals, and the lowest power level of an area will only be 50 levels below yours. Well I'll agree Valhalla is on the easier side without scaling, this shouldn't be just defaulted for every player without an option to turn it off. Odyssey was ruined for me because I felt like leveling up was a treadmill in terms of progress. If anything it was detrimental, as your gear just slowly became outdated as the enemies became stronger.

    Valhalla isn't anything as close to as bad odyssey's implementation, but it still bums me out that all the leveling I've been doing to fight the three sisterS world bosses is moot since they're just going to match me. Just give us a toggle please, at least one that allows us to turn it completely off.

    submitted by /u/Fantombells
    [link] [comments]

    They tweaked the cloak animation on Bayek's outfit!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 03:15 PM PST

    I noticed when people wore Bayek's outfit before the recent update that Eivor would still do the animation like he's putting his hood up and his cloak around his shoulders, and his arms would stiffen like it does under the cloak. But when I unlocked it today, he just put his hood up (not the cloak around his shoulders), and his arms moved normally. Small little adjustment that makes me hopeful for Altair's Outfit and Ezio's!

    I hope for Ezio's one, he puts the cape over one of his shoulders

    note: sorry about the flair, I have no idea what this would usually go under :)

    submitted by /u/a_sibacio
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla Ending: What’s the Point of RPG?? [Spoilers]

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:29 PM PST

    I love these games, I've played every single one, multiple times. I was super excited to play through this. I made the choices and got to the end but you are forced to decline being in the Hidden Ones? I felt it avoided the whole point in it being an "Assassins Creed" game. I very much enjoyed it (much more than I did Odyssey) and I love that they at least exist in this game. But what's the point in RPG if you can't even make the little choices either? I'd at least like the option to either join them or not.

    submitted by /u/sawsaw2000
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla's update today added 6 new skills. You can see them in the videos folder in the PC version's install folder.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 11:29 AM PST

    The new videos' titles start with EE_S1U1_MNSKL_.

    Description of videos:

    1. Sliding into enemies knocks them down (opens them up to a stomp).
    2. You get an adrenaline bar when you start a fight.
    3. After an assassination, Eivor can go straight into carrying the body via a pretty smooth transition animation.
    4. The video shows Eivor killing and then looting an enemy, and they get arrows. (More arrows on enemies?)
    5. The video shows longship gameplay, and it seems like the player does a boost of some kind. (maybe a ramming ability?)
    6. This one is the most cryptic to me, the video shows Eivor and the longship's crew blocking arrows from enemies on the shore while going down a river. (You can already block arrows on the longship, so I got no idea.)

    Edit: I believe the skills will become available when the Yule Feast Event starts.

    submitted by /u/SkywardSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft Plus is now available on Stadia! This is great for AC fans that don't have a gaming PC like myself.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 07:23 PM PST

    [SPOILERS] Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Patch 1.1.0 Highlights

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Really love the new level system in AC Valhalla

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:00 AM PST

    I really love the level system in Ac Valhalla. It feels like the level system are in universe way of explaining Eivor skill.

    And I really have a satisfied moment like killing Zealot with power level way above me (I am PL 60 while the enemy is PL 220)

    I mainly use the Brush With Death skill to get some hit with my 2 dagger and keeps spamming my harpoon to kill the Zealot and its really satisfying.

    Do you have a fun moment killing enemy PL way above you?

    submitted by /u/Tomichin
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] (Potentially) Assassin's Creed: Valhalla full map of England, Hand illustrated.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 02:03 AM PST

    I still have duplicate armors after 1.1.0

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 02:14 PM PST

    I haven't seen anyone mention it so I hope I'm not alone, but I still have a duplicate Hunter and a duplicate Galloglach torso in my inventory. Wasn't this supposed to have been fixed in the last update?

    submitted by /u/DJPave
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 | Parkour Montage - Jcers

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:44 AM PST

    After update 1.1.0 on pc my frames are awful.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 02:29 PM PST

    I don't have a crazy good pc, but I capped my frames at 45 and I kept those frames almost the entire 50 hours I have played, but after the update I average 30 frames and when I move my mouse they drop to about 15.

    submitted by /u/Volcram
    [link] [comments]

    Would I be right in saying that destroying Achillies’ Brotherhood was the single best thing the Templars did?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:09 PM PST

    Of course everything the Templars do can be justified if you see it only through their eyes, same with the Assassins. Regardless it's kinda clear that each organisations have events in their history they're ashamed of and things they're proud of. For the Templars, their dark spot was with the Borgia and for the Assassins... well they have a few. As for high-points, would I be correct in stating that the destruction of the first colonial brotherhood was a point in history where the Templars were from an unbiased standpoint, morally in the right. If you disagree please let me know where you think the both organisations hit a moral peak and a moral rock bottom.

    submitted by /u/Chrome-13
    [link] [comments]

    Who is your favorite Assassin? Why?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:58 PM PST

    My favorite is Edward Kenway, because even though he negan to initially look out for himself only, he came to truly love and care about his crew and changed in a very positive manner.

    submitted by /u/tamasvamos0529
    [link] [comments]

    Dual spears feels almost game breaking.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:09 AM PST

    Title says it all. I've been trying so many different combos but the one that just seems to shine above the rest is dual spears. I call it pokey-poke time and I kill most enemies in literally under 3 seconds. It feels so incredibly over powered but all the other dual wielded two handers just seem like huge time wasters in comparison.

    Has anyone found any 2h dual wield combos that feel fluid without being over powered?

    submitted by /u/brew_n_flow
    [link] [comments]

    I hope the combat in the next game feels less floaty and arcade

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:12 AM PST

    They've been trying to imitate Dark Souls combat with the lock on system but it doesn't feel as satisfying. They have already made three games now and they still don't make it right so either they completely revamp it or at the very least I really hope they improve the actual system to feel much tighter with better animations and more satisfying in general

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    Next Helix Gothic armor Pack Leak

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:50 AM PST

    Change in Pelt rewards after update?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 02:56 PM PST

    So after this update I finally decided to finish off my hunting deliveries and off I went to get some black bear pelt. I received a pelt every single time I killed one and so far got 11 in a row...

    submitted by /u/TheBishman96
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed 2022 potential leak

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:17 PM PST

    New buildings modded into Assassin's Creed for the first time ever!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Weird quiver bugg in Valhalla regarding max. arrow capacity

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:46 AM PST

    I just updated Valhalla was and I realised that my quiver can only hold 20 light arrows, which is weird since I remember having been able to store 28. I thought that they maybe turned down the max arrow size so I upgraded my quiver two times (it is currently two points away from max) and I can still only carry 20 arrows. I can also only hold 12 hunter and 5 predator arrows. Has anybody else experienced this?

    submitted by /u/ZetaSwamp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment