• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Eivor cosplay by me (katelannblogs)

    Assassin's Creed Eivor cosplay by me (katelannblogs)


    Eivor cosplay by me (katelannblogs)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    The amount of times the game interferes in players camera hurts the gameplay and immersion by a lot

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:16 AM PST

    Finisher? Cutscene

    Air stealth kill? Cutscene

    Ability? Cutscene

    When u start the game, these might feel nice, cinematic, but the longer u play the more u realize it hurts the flow of gameplay and immersion.

    These nice animations become tedious to look at. They feel like cutscenes and literally no one likes to watch the same cutscenes hundreds of times. Game feels less interactive and fun.

    Sometimes the camera bugs out and gives the player control in finishers and it made me realize that they dont feel half as bad. It feels like a part of gameplay while with cinematic camera it does not. Sure they should still give us option to turn them off, but still.

    What next? Everytime we sprint camera loses track of player so we can see beautiful surrounding around us?

    In combat camera often zooms out which is also not needed. Muh immersion

    submitted by /u/Se0z
    [link] [comments]

    Who else has serious trouble seeing the haystack on synchronization points?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:44 AM PST

    I can't even count how many times I've jumped off a synchronization point thinking I was looking at a haystack but my Eivor ends up just yeeting herself and losing like 80% of my health. I swear, i cannot see the haystack most of the time unless it's incredibly obvious, which it usually isn't.

    submitted by /u/TheMonarK
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft added time saver microtransactions one month after the reviews

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:25 AM PST

    With the new patch they added like 4 mtx for time saving, plus the level scaling has changed, its really suspicious...

    Pd: they added this after the reviews..

    Pd2: mtx don't belong in a single player game

    submitted by /u/Davidcobbie
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Drengr Quest missing from AC Valhalla?!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 03:33 PM PST

    I absolutely love Valhalla but this one little thing annoys me.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:15 PM PST

    I really enjoy the gameplay and exploration in the game. But there is one little annoying thing which gets to my nerves is whenever you try to assassinate someone who's standing near an oil jar, the freaking thing explodes and blows up my cover. It seems that game doesn't want you to play stealthily. I hope this gets addressed in the future.

    submitted by /u/meetbhatt53
    [link] [comments]

    Very minor gripe (May contain spoilers in comments)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:16 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, but I really wish they would black out the members of the Order of Ancients members a bit more in Valhalla, or just not show us their faces, but rather a symbol like in Origins. It can sometimes really spoil who it is, especially if the member is someone you've already met in the story.

    Unfortunately the shadow cast on them doesn't obscure the faces, or clothing that the members wear nearly enough to make it truly a surprise when they are revealed.

    What would be an interesting feature is if as you discovered more clues about that member, the shadow cast on them got lighter and lighter, starting out completely black, and fading to progressively lighter shades of grey.

    submitted by /u/CantusBeast
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla HUD Concept old AC style

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:20 PM PST

    I'm posting it as a normal post instead of a Image because the bot moderator deletes it thinking it is a photo mode post lol.

    I made a quick concept of how would be Valhalla with a HUD more similar to the old AC Games (1 to Revelations)

    Here is the concept;

    https://i.imgur.com/fiRiHAI.png

    And here an explanation of the elements:

    https://i.imgur.com/QhvhML4.png

    And here a couple of different screenshots with the hud:

    https://i.imgur.com/oBpszL9.png

    https://i.imgur.com/8UyzvQR.png

    That's it, something i just wanted to take a look since i think the hud in the new trilogy is just lacking.

    submitted by /u/stormesp
    [link] [comments]

    Loving Assassin’s Creed Unity so far

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:35 AM PST

    I bought it in 2020. Don't kill me.

    The graphics is gorgeous. The city feels alive. The atmosphere... 18th century France baby. Smooth parkour, sometimes goofy but satisfying. I'd still prefer Arno to have a little more weights since he's practically flying in front of my eyes. Great customization. Good story, good dialogue if you pay attention enough. Arno's ending speech is one of the finest piece of writings I've ever seen in my life. Of all the side characters, I feel so bad for liking Marquis de Sade.

    Only encountered one bug so far I think (yes, it's annoying. I have to reload the last checkpoint).

    Buut I still wish Arno had a little more weight while parkouring in general and the graphics could borrow the weight and realness from Assassin's Creed III.

    submitted by /u/chitbong
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts about future settings for AC games.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:17 AM PST

    Where and when could the future games take part in? I'm thinking:

    AC Empire: the fall of Roman Empire

    AC Revolution: the fall of Russian Empire (1900-1920)

    AC Hansa: Medieval times in northern Europe (Sweden, Finland, Baltic States)

    AC Mughal: Mughal Empire in India

    Some people would like the Japanese setting but after Ghost of Tsushima, I think Ubisoft wants to stay away from that setting for now.

    Anyways, what are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/froktoc
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s Creed: after 13 years, 12 games and a ton of sales, what’s the secret to the franchise’s success?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:18 PM PST

    Buying standard edition after Ubisoft Plus expires?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:41 AM PST

    I've been looking around reddit and haven't found a clear answer so forgive me if it has been asked before. Once my Ubisoft Plus subscription runs out, will I lose the content from it (Ultimate edition: Wolf, raven, the full bear armour set, etc) if I buy the standard edition?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/HirukoK
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished main story.. (No Spoilers)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:29 AM PST

    Darby McDevitt is a legend. Like most of you I've been playing AC since the first game and although I appreciate the newer era of AC games, the older ones hold a special place for me, so going into Valhalla I was slightly skeptical. Man I was wrong to be, first off, Eivor is now one of my favourite, if not my favourite protagonist in any AC game just down to how invested I was with him, he became a very likeable character as I played through (kind of reminded me of Edward strangely). The story, wow, what a blast, one of my favourite AC stories.. I just loved how it ties in with AC lore so well, it's done so seamlessly I absolutely loved the narrative. The episodic fashion of it added that tv show feel to it (I know some people may not be into that but it worked for me). The characters were extremely likeable (and hate-able lol). All in all it was an amazing experience and I'm hoping Darby writes the next AC, hell I hope he writes them all from now on haha. Really looking forward to the DLCs!

    submitted by /u/TravelUnlucky
    [link] [comments]

    (Mild spoilers) Just finished AC Liberation and I liked it

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:54 PM PST

    I have a lot of unanswered question regarding the story but one more intriguing than the others.

    At one point when Aveline meet her mother, her mother is affraid she will kill her. She says : " You have the enemy's blades (something like that)

    Since we learn she was herself an assassin once, why would she say that?

    Also, what's up with Agaté? He just turn out crazy is he ?

    submitted by /u/Ordralphabetix
    [link] [comments]

    AC2 | Parkour Montage - Jcers

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:58 PM PST

    What sort of niche weapons or features would you like to see in a future Assassin's Creed game?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:04 PM PST

    For me, it would be a customisable hidden blade. Imagine if your blade had "slots" as such where you can add different attachments that served as either another weapon or as utility.

    Say, the berserker darts from ACU as a distraction mechanic, or the grapple hook from ACS for traversal, maybe even the Hook blade to make climbing faster. Something like that where you can mix and match different iconic pieces of equipment to make your own build.

    This could add a whole load of customisation to the game whilst not messing with the lore and "feel", I never expect to see this implemented, but think it would be fun! What are some other things you guys would love to see? :)

    submitted by /u/Isaac02444
    [link] [comments]

    Did the development team really build Lisbon for AC Rogue?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:14 AM PST

    I'm curious in a 'damn that's impressive' kind of way..

    because you only spend time in Lisbon for like 8 minutes of escaping the earthquake (unless there's more this is my first time playing)

    But from what I can tell they really did design and flesh out a huge chunk of streets and buildings in Lisbon.

    Would love to hear about any development stories for Rogue and how much time was spent on Lisbon (:

    submitted by /u/Common-Wedding-7264
    [link] [comments]

    Skip Odyssey (for now) for Valhalla?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 06:04 AM PST

    I'm about to finish Origins after my play through of all the main AC games over the last six months or so, and I've heard a lot about Odyssey not being much like an AC game, which kind of puts me off. I did like Origins quite a bit, so the change in that direction wasn't a big deal for me, but I keep seeing that Valhalla is more of a "classic" AC type game. While I plan on playing Odyssey at some point, I'm really interested in Valhalla. If I skip Odyssey for the time being do I miss anything?

    submitted by /u/tortfeazor
    [link] [comments]

    My Predictions for the Assassin's Creed Franchise over the next 26 years

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:20 AM PST

    2022 - AC: Britannia (murder & mayhem in 11/12th century Britain)

    2024 - AC: Horde (13th century Mongol invasion of China; you side with/get to kill Genghis Khan)

    2026 - AC: Rising Sun/Samurai/Shogun (murder & mayhem in 15th century Sengoku period Japan)

    2028 - AC: Amazon (an indigenous brotherhood takes on Spanish colonizers in the 16th century)

    2030 - AC: Empire/Raj (Templar controlled East India Company vs. an Indian brotherhood in 18th century India)

    2032 - AC: Frontier (an Eastwood-type gunslinger Assassin chases the myth of a Templar treasure trove in the 19th century Old West)

    2034 - AC: The Great War (The Brotherhood is tricked into killing Archduke Ferdinand & must make amends as the first world war breaks out)

    2036 - AC: Cold War (The Brotherhood fights to de-escalate the Cuban Missile Crisis)

    The EA era (The AC franchise is bought by EA who spend a couple of years making terrible AC extensions of their own franchises)

    2038 - AC 40 (All-Star Football teams of Assassins and Templars play in matches filled with bloodshed to get their hands on the ultimate Isu artefact - the Football World Cup)

    2040 - Assassins: The Need for Creed (The Brotherhood must win an underground racing tournament to get their hands on an Isu artefact that powers their Templar rival's car)

    The Wilderness Era (The AC franchise is sold to a rising indie development company known for their 'quirk')

    2042 - AC: The Ark (Assassin eagles vs. Templar dinosaurs in Noah's ark. Guess what happens)

    2044 - AC: Eurovision (self-explanatory)

    Ubisoft buys back the series

    2046 - Assassin's Creed (The Altair story all over again)

    Plausible? Implausible? Terrible ideas all-around?

    P.S. Apologies in advance if some of these ideas have already been floated.

    submitted by /u/postwar85
    [link] [comments]

    My quiver is gone. Is there a way to bring it back?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:28 AM PST

    I noticed that my quiver is no longer there and the arrows are just stuck to Eivor's hip. I'm not hiding the bow so that shouldn't be the issue. Does anyone know how to solve this?

    submitted by /u/globedsunrise
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on forts in Valhalla

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:48 PM PST

    I'm working on my first fort in this game and it's brutal compared to Origins and Odyssey. The enemies seem to be able to spot you even when you're pretty far away. I have a lot of assassin abilities and a good predator bow, but the problem is there are are just so many guards. Is it better to just kill some guards and sneak by or what?

    submitted by /u/BlackDragon875
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Am I done with the main story line?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:44 PM PST

    WARNING: SPOILERS!!!

    I don't have any more quest options, I'll start with that. Trying to be vague enough to not give away too much but still get the point across and you should only know exactly what I'm referring to if you've made it that far ... I've already defeated "the father" and taken the medallions back. been back to Norway with siguard and completed that mess. A certain someone has taken over the animus. Already read all the "secrets" left behind by "the father" ... I was pretty meticulous with the game play - pledging to areas in order from lowest ranking to highest and before leaving that area, cleared the entire map of all wealth, mysteries, and artifacts. Every area is completed in England, Vineland, and Norway. But it just feels like something is missing. Am I supposed to knowingly go back somewhere? There's no clues or guidance that I've found left to lead anywhere else. But I also have yet to see credits roll which has always been my indication the main storyline is done. I'm not sure what's happening :/

    submitted by /u/MainMovie
    [link] [comments]

    How Do White Room Confessions Work?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:43 AM PST

    So, after playing Valhalla, I remembered a question that I've always had about Assassin's creed since basically forever. That being how the white room confessions work.

    I've searched the question up and asked other people about it plenty of times, but everytime I find an answer that seems to work, I also find something that contradicts it.

    At first I always thought that it was something to do with eagle vision, and that maybe they had the power to enter a person's mind as they were about to die or something. But then I remembered that in AC2, when you assassinate Dante and Silvio Barbarigo, they are both in the same white room with Ezio. I'm also pretty sure that Jacob and Evie enter the same white room when they kill Starrick but I can't remember for sure.

    Then, when I looked at the AC wiki, it seems to suggest that white rooms are only an animus thing, and only the animus user sees it, while the actual person who lived those memories experienced then normally. But some contradictions to that are the various times in AC when you've assassinated someone in the middle of combat, or when there were other enemies around you who could've, realistically, just stabbed you in the back while you were talking to your victim.

    There's also the fact that white room confessions can affect the real world, such as the time when Ezio got stabbed, or when he entered a confession room with Rodrigo Borgia but let him go. I guess this is evidence that it is something that only animus users see, but then there are the various contradictions to that, and it's all just a huge mess.

    So I was hoping that someone could satisfyingly answer this question that I've had for a really long time.

    TL;DR: I wonder how the animus works considering that all the currently established answers have huge contradictions to them.

    submitted by /u/JinSake-ai
    [link] [comments]

    Best AC game to play and get back into it.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:34 PM PST

    Looking for suggestions. I haven't played AC since black flag. Fell out of it afterwards since they kept releasing a new one almost yearly and I couldn't keep up. I've heard the games have recently lost their true AC feel and storyline. Which one of recent would you recommend? Been feeling like playing one again. Any since AC4 with great gameplay and storyline? Also, have any been remastered that I should consider? I'm playing PS4 for the time being.

    submitted by /u/ChiroKid1895
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment