• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed® Valhalla Yule Season Preview

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed® Valhalla Yule Season Preview


    Assassin's Creed® Valhalla Yule Season Preview

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:17 AM PST

    Whatever your feelings on the game, can we all agree Valhalla knocked it out of the park with music?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:37 AM PST

    There's been a lot of arguments about Valhalla here recently. As with just about every game in the franchise, you love it or hate it. Regardless of that, we are all Assassin's Creed fans first. And AC is always killer with music, and I think Valhalla is no exception. I mean listen to the main menu theme, the promotional Hrafnsmal (also used by the ship's skald, whose VO is the singer), or the version ofEzio's family, the series theme. They're kick ass, the whole music team for this game was amazing. Jesper Kyd, the OG composer, Sarah Schachner of Unity and Origins fame, and Einar Selvik, from Vikings and Wardruna. The whole game has a stroke of musical genius behind it, and it's glorious.

    submitted by /u/KeySquirrelTree
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Ubi for adding in the Yule Festival

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:23 PM PST

    Just an appreciation post for Ubi adding in the festival. It isn't much but for me it makes the game feel more alive. Ravensthorpe feels kinda dead to me but things like this help me with immersion and makes me enjoy the game much more.

    submitted by /u/Livelordx_lol
    [link] [comments]

    Two Issues with Horses in Valhalla. Who Else Agrees?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:36 PM PST

    Alright I've logged over 130 hours into Valhalla and I'm now going through the northern more mountainous regions. What is the deal with horses going up a slight incline? I find it much faster to just go on foot.

    I noticed a little bit in the central/southern regions but come on. A slight incline and your horse moves slower than when going through town.

    And for my second issue.

    Why can't we use weapons while on horseback? Kinda lame that we have only the option to hit or kick. Why was this removed from the game? It takes away from the game and is even more frustrating because your horse also slows down once engaged in combat.

    I love the game and am having a blast playing it. These two things I find really annoying.

    What's everyone else's thoughts on these to issue?

    submitted by /u/CHIEFHUSKER
    [link] [comments]

    Advanced assassination is one of the best additions to Assassins Creed in a while.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Assassinations are literally the title feature of the game, and you spend a lot of your time doing them. But, they always felt a little too easy to me. You can kill a major Templar who's coated in armor and has crazy reflexes just as easily as you can kill a random guard. Altair even makes a big deal out of how difficult it is to strike at the perfect spot to cause instant death.

    Valhalla's advanced assassination move lets you do far more damage to enemies, but only by managing to hit a timer exactly within a certain zone. It's easy enough that you can do it with a pretty high success rate, but still requires you to pay attention and be precise. If you fail, the enemy will hear something and turn, or you'll stab the wrong spot, and still get a little damage in.

    This new mechanic is legitimately fun, and way more immersive than previous one hit kills. You actually have to do it yourself, rather than relying on the automatic skill of the assassin.

    submitted by /u/EquivalentInflation
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get a quest in Valhalla where we drunk fist fight Santa Claus ?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:28 PM PST

    It'd be the perfect drengr quest. We go into a tavern, sit next to a mysterious stranger in red and white. After we both have too man ales words start to fly followed by fist. It'd be the perfect holiday quest.

    submitted by /u/Lord_Despairagus
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla Exploration Gripe (rant)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:03 PM PST

    AC Valhalla, more like... AC 'let's put loads of chests underground but make the entrance really hard or obscure to find to the point it's monotonous' la

    I've really no major gripes with the game and I understand it's push for exploration but I feel most things are just underground with hardly any easy access just to push the play time a little further. Not that I wish to be hand held but it gets boring after the 30th time when you're left wandering around like

    "Hmm yes, time to go find another set of stairs or a tunnel or a sinkhole for me to jump into just so I can find an ability that makes me churn cheese faster.

    submitted by /u/flapjack98
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Your hidden blade will be invisible if you hide your braces in the inventory - added with latest patch

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Undocumented change: your hidden blade will now be hiddenheh from your arm if you choose to hide your braces in the inventory menu. This is a great and welcomed change, as it helps show more of the tattoos.

    submitted by /u/AugustoRudzinski
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla: Drunk when I wake up

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:02 PM PST

    Anyone else encounter this issue? Since I partook in the Yule drinking contest, now whenever I respawn, load a game, or wake up from bed, I'm drunk, and I seem to stay drunk until I fast travel which apparently is a very sobering experience.

    I don't pay much attention to the drinking game so I'm not sure if it is specifically the Yule festival drinking game, or any of the drinking competitions that would have done this to me.

    I'm on Xbox Series X, in case it's a platform specific issue.

    submitted by /u/dragonchasers
    [link] [comments]

    Yule Festival Token Gains (Repeatable Events)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:27 AM PST

    I put this info in the news post, but for sake of ease for others to find this info here it is.

    There are 3 repeatable events at the Yule Festival: Drinking Contest, Drunken Brawling and Archery.

    Drinking Contest is 3 horns of ale - This yields 10 tokens

    Drunken Brawl is 10 rounds each getting harder as you go. - 70 Tokens for finishing all 10 rounds.

    Archery is 2 minutes to get the highest score you can get. - For getting 1200 points you net 40 tokens. (Appears from another guy who got 1600 it did not increase his gain)

    So from testing if you can get 1000+ score consistently in Archery you'll see the highest yield for grinding out the tokens. (30 tokens per 2 minutes)

    submitted by /u/Nitrosnwbrdr
    [link] [comments]

    VALHALLA and BROTHERHOOD isu Link [spoiler]

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:38 AM PST

    Hey so i finished valhalla and adored the isu/MD storyline, so much so that i went and replayed brotherhood as people were going on and on about how Layla represents Eve, and she was the one that juno said "remained to be found". Some people Dont think thats what this is about, but i think Darby meant to make it so. I also found another connection and wanted your thoughts:

    In brotherhood, the sixth sense is established to be the ability to see the future. (Ik its been retconned but stay with me).

    So when Juno says awaken the sixth, most people thought it was to find the sixth method of salvation, but im starting to think desmond was meant to awaken his sixth sense, and see the future. Desmond does this when he becomes the reader, so by the end of valhalla he has "awakened the sixth" and found eve. this at the moment is the true way to permanently save the world.

    Pretty insane story telling in my opinion. Makes layla more interesting too

    submitted by /u/Iggyparis
    [link] [comments]

    Tip for opening barred doors after 1.1.0

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:30 PM PST

    Ubisoft got rid of the ability to do a dive of the valkyries on barred doors. Use incendiary powder shot level two and shoot two arrows near the bar. It costs two adrenaline points.

    submitted by /u/Late_Bedroom_486
    [link] [comments]

    I could not be more disappointed with the Yuletide event [Spoiler] for the Yuletide event? All thought there isn't much to spoil

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:11 PM PST

    So I may just be getting the brunt of the bugs, but oh my this is bad.

    The quest where you find Teklas mead went fine, and I had fun, but as soon as the cow catcher quest happened I was stuck because the kid you take with you keeps running away and standing in an area unless you go a specific path, and for some reason the quest marker was in scripioshire? I spent a good 20 minutes trying to get the tag along NPC back to the settlement as he refused to follow me. Also, the final cow just... died out of nowhere and I reloaded a save and was greeted by the drunken screen effect and a horde of wolves.

    As for the mini games, the archery is fine, and a drinking game is decent, but the one I was looking forward to was the worst- the brawl has an invisible pillar in the center? And at one point I one shot a character, which I don't think was supposed to happen. The cutscene in between the fights also makes you wear default raven clan armor.

    Finally, the rewards. The settlement decorations are good- the weapons okay, the tattoos a bit strange but other people probably like them, but the armor? It's just a reskinned huntsman armor, and it is the most disappointing thing I've seen. If you look at the update they have no problem with making a cool mythological armor set for the helix store but couldn't bother adding something that, at the least, is original content?

    I understand that this could have been rushed to meet a due date but I would have much rather waited a while longer for some better gear and for the quests and events to be smoothed out, or not had this event all. I love this game- it's really good and I can't get enough of it but still this free content is not the best.

    Edit: Also forgot to bring up the case of the flying settlers- around the big pyre they just float for some reason

    submitted by /u/Chubalicous
    [link] [comments]

    Why is only Unity considered a bad game because of the glitches?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:38 PM PST

    I saw the glitches of Cyberpunk 2077. Almost similar to that of Unity and maybe even worse.But then why isn't it getting such bad reviews that Unity was getting?

    Also just realised that Ubisoft spent around 3-4 years in developing AC Unity while Cyberpunk was in development for 8 years!

    submitted by /u/Ni_Co_Caine
    [link] [comments]

    Flashy Fort Takeover - Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:11 PM PST

    Yuletime is upon us! Already having issues.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:01 PM PST

    When you accept a quest, the world map doesn't show where the quest is. For example, it will ask you to build a cattle farm in your settlement but put the marker 1500m away.

    I also am trying to find the secret brew, but I have no idea where to look because the marked on the world map is in the upmost top right hand corner of the map indicating that it is still further NE.

    Maybe it's in Norway?

    Edit: nope. Not in Norway.

    submitted by /u/srocan
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have tried playing Valhalla on Stadia?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:01 PM PST

    I really want to play Valhalla as Odyssey was so good. Brought me back to the AC. Currently I have a bunch of free time but only my laptop with me. So playing through stadia is my only option.

    I was wondering if someone here had any experience with Valhalla on Stadia. I don't want to spend $70 CAD to realize it sucks because of lag,etc...

    submitted by /u/DroopyDachi
    [link] [comments]

    (Spoiler) Regarding the Yule Festival content

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:58 AM PST

    So, I just finished all the content available of the Yule Festival, being 5 missions, 3 of them repeatable, and I wanted to comment on the festival, the new items and a little on the settlement.

    Fist off, the 3 repeatable missions: A 10 round brawl, a drinking game, and an archery test. By themselves the missions are ok, they're a way of obtaining the tokens needed for the item. The only problem I have with them are the repetition. we could have gotten more missions, maybe another 1-2 ways to obtain the token, like a flithing challenge, or a horse race.

    Then the 2 independent missions, which connect to the settlement and the brawl arena. One mission get you in a hunt for some cows of the settlement with Bertram, the young man of the cattle farm (First time I've interacted with this settler). Second mission, (again, with another new settler) this time Ake the apprentice of Tekla, take you to a bandit camp to retrieve some ale, then take it back to Ake. After this 2 missions, both guys join the brawl arena.

    And this 2 missions are the ones that burn me the most, because it shows the glimps of what the settlement could be, but never end up delivering. You get presented 2-3 npcs of the settlement, you do the mission, then no more interaction, maybe instead of doing this, Ubi could have worked in some little task with every person of the settlement, 2 lines of dialogue even, some interaction with the enviroment, given is snowing in Raventhorpe (and only Raventhorpe). Having for example a snow battle with the kids of the village, or helping with the preparation of the Yule instead of just popping up, would give immersion as well as life to the settlement (life that, not gonna lie, the settlement needs). And yet again, these missions show that there was a possibility for the settlement to be more alive and better than the one in AC3.

    Last, but not least, the rewards: A reskin of the Hunter set, with blood and white theme, then a shield and a seax knife which are ok, some tattoo that look like Ivar face painting from the Viking Show, and the settlement decoration, which again, is ok. As free content, I don't want to complain as much, but again, if you add more missions you can have more and better content, maybe a ship set, maybe another weapon, idk.

    Anyway, I just wanted to share my humble opinion, and short of move the discussion about the nrwcontent and its posibilities. Happy Holidays to everyone.

    submitted by /u/Sergi097
    [link] [comments]

    [Valhalla] Do you think Ubi would make the Yule Festival a yearly update each holiday period?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:51 PM PST

    I'm actually going to miss this one because I cancelled my U+ subscription (right before the update), since I'm flying home for the holidays and not playing until February. But with something like this, it would be quite disappointing if we don't see it next year and the ones after, right?

    submitted by /u/NikolaBankov
    [link] [comments]

    Are Bandit camps in Origins suppose to be randomly harder than any boss?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:41 PM PST

    I came across an elephant called Herwennefer, god this felt like the hardest fight of my life. I felt like it was a dark souls fight. So I was a little under leveled, I was level 37 against the level 40 elephant but why was it so hard to kill. Like I kept trying to snipe the archers but the arrows bounced off, even when I guided with the predator bow. Constant dodges and such wacky hitboxes. I shot the thing in the eye, 0 damage, I hit its armor on its leg 500 damage. I must have died like 4 or 5 times before I could kill the damn thing. I have maxed out melee, bow, and health upgrades and this thing still was stupid strong. Even aimbot hyena didn't compare to this. I almost considered lowering my difficulty from normal to easy just to kill this thing. Even with legendary fire predator bow, and legendary poison light bow this thing was no joke.

    submitted by /u/aronkra
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla has kind of an awful combat system

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:35 PM PST

    Playing the yuletide tournament right now and it just feels bad. Like it barely feels like the punches are connecting and when they do, there's a noticeable lag in my input and when the hits connect. It's not just unarmed combat though, this extends to fighting with weapons too. How did they mess up this hard considering odyssey and origins were fine. It reminds of AC3 where combat felt somewhat similar but at least the animations were spectacular.

    submitted by /u/Wyvern39
    [link] [comments]

    How many people here currently seeing this with AC Odyssey?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:59 PM PST

    [SPOILERS] A question/speculation about the fate of a particular character.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:10 PM PST

    Is Basim dead?

    And when I say Basim, I mean the human Assassin, and not Loki, the Isu. Fulke tortured Sigurd to awaken Tyr, and she only awakened him through the repeated trauma of cutting off his arm. I am guessing that Odin awakened in Eivor when she was attacked by that wolf and became Wolf-kissed, as that is also when the animus started freaking out over the DNA's gender. This would imply that Basim required some trauma to awaken Loki, which may have meant Basim lost his own child as well. Also (this is from my faulty memory) when you completed the Order of the Ancients questline, Hytham gets a letter. In that letter, they speak of Basim, who had been acting strangely the past few years... that could be the hint of Loki's awakening.

    Throughout the story, we see Odin guiding Eivor along. That must mean that Sigurd and Basim are experiencing something similar. However, in the end, Eivor denied Odin. Tyr is awakened in Sigurd, and yet Sigurd is still Sigurd (for how long, I wonder?). When Basim finds out Eivor is Odin, Loki takes over.

    So, my question is... did Loki eradicate Basim completely? Is it possible he's still in there? If Loki's in the animus, and susceptible to the bleeding effect, would that give an opening for Basim to reemerge?

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Doublecard
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment