• Breaking News

    Monday, September 7, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Just replayed AC2 after a few years of not playing it.

    Assassin's Creed Just replayed AC2 after a few years of not playing it.


    Just replayed AC2 after a few years of not playing it.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    I played AC2 a long time ago and never picked it back up because it felt tedious and frustrating at times. After picking up the Ezio Collection, and just finished AC2 about a day ago as of the making of this, I decided to give a re review.

    Story

    I never really liked the story too much since it always felt cliche. And while I still stand by that, I realize that is not as bad as I remembered. There were quite a few cliches, and the ending still pisses me off, but I have a newfound appreciation for it. I guess since at the time, we got Ezio for three years, people got attached. It was always hard for me, but after replaying, I actually liked it more. But I always hated how slow it felt. I played for 10 hours straight, and not including viewpoints, and assassination contracts, and codex pages, that shortens it to about maybe 8 hours. And I got through 3 sequences. IN 8 HOURS! WTF Ubisoft? And I didn't even die, or spend that much time in combat since stealth was always preferable to 10 minute fights. The pacing always felt off to me. Things like that, and some other elements like the aforementioned ending and cliches, as well as sometimes frustrating mission design where you end up using half your medicine, or were stopped from eliminating all the Templar when they were talking with each other, which would have made more sense, kept from getting a higher rating than the new one I am currently giving it. OG Rating: 4/10 New Rating: 7.3/10

    Gameplay

    The open world was fantastic. It was beautiful. Especially Venice and San Gimignano. The simplicity of the whole open world was great. However, Forli was never something I enjoyed. I never liked it, and always avoided it when I didn't have to go there. Florence was nice, but wasn't my cup of coffee or tea (whichever is the right one) Even to this day, I still love the open world. And seeing it with better colors and slightly better graphics made me love it even more. OG Rating: 9/10 New Rating: 9.8/10

    Combat on the other hand sucked. It was very difficult, and felt like a chore when you trying to get somewhere, and you ran into guards who took 5-10 minutes to kill. Revisiting it made me remember why I hated this aspect of the game so much. Luckily this got changed in Brotherhood, when counter killing and chain killing was introduced. (RIP) There is also armor that you can buy that increases your health, which in turn, helps you in combat. Stealth was always the best option when you didn't want to get stuck in a fight with guards. However, it wasn't as hard as I remembered. It was still hard, but not as bad. Slightly better. Emphasis on slightly. OG Rating: 3/10. New Rating: 3.4/10

    Side Activities (Codex Pages, Assassination Contracts, etc.) were something I always had mixed feelings about. I never liked races, nor did I hate them. Assassination Contracts always were either tedious or rage inducing. Codex Pages and Synchronization Points were the things I always focused on first in order to get them out of way. Speaking of Pages, I loved reading them. They give insight into Altaïr's beliefs and views of the world. The Pages were really cool to read when you had them all. As for beat up events and courier missions, those were kinda useless when you had Monteriggioni bringing in a lot of money for you to collect. Monteriggioni was really cool since it was pretty much an Assassin city. The only one besides Masyaf in AC1. You're able to renovate and upgrade shops and other buildings that will help to increase the money you get. I also really liked the Sanctuary since it was fun doing the Assassin Tombs where you kill some people, do some parkour, and then open a room containing the mummy of an Assassin which have a seal with their symbol on it in a sarcophagus. There are six and getting all six and returning them to the Sanctuary witch contains Six statues of said Assassins will unlock the Armor of Altaïr. An unbreakable set of armor which comes with the Sword of Altaïr. The best sword in the game. The Armor and Sword once belonged to Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad. The Mentor of the Levantine Assassins and man who breathed new life into the Brotherhood. Using both makes you feel badass. But one thing that always confused me was why did Altaïr's 12th-13th century armor look like Italian 15th Century Renaissance armor? Anyone have an answer? OG Rating: 8/10 New Rating: 8.9/10

    Soundtrack

    I still love the soundtrack. Nuff said. /s

    In all seriousness though, I really did like the soundtrack. Especially Venice Rooftops. That was great. Ezio's Family is good, however, hear me out, should stay exclusive to Ezio. It's his about his character. His story. Not the Assassins. The Assassin's Creed theme is literally titled: "Assassin's Creed Theme" Here you go That's the Assassin's Creed theme. It's literally title that. But I digress. The AC2 soundtrack still holds up to this day. OG Rating: 9/10 New Rating: No change.

    Characters: I liked the characters. Especially Da Vinci. I thought he was an enthusiastic, and sarcastic guy. He's definitely the kind of guy that you could crack open a cold one with. /s (?) I have mixed feelings for Ezio since I think he's over hyped, and it isn't fair, and incredibly stupid to hold a character who got 3 games and a short movie, all of which spanned his whole life, to this colossally high standard, while everyone else who got either one game, or in Altaïr's case 2, are considered below him. Ezio got a second game since 2 left us on a cliffhanger. And people like the character so much that they just gave him a third. It's really stupid. But once again, I digress. I also didn't like the villains. Especially the Pazzi. Vieri was a brash crybaby, Francesco pissed me off with how he was all talk, no strength, and Jacopo was a little bch. Rodrigo was barely even the villain, just popping up when the story needed him. Mario the Definitely Not An Italian Plumber Who Fights a Fire Breathing Tortoise was also good since he at least tried to put some sense into the kid. I also like La Volpe since he was a bit of a sly ahole. Which makes sense given that he's a thief. Bartolomeo. Ma boi. That's definitely the kind of man you'd want to crack open a cold one with. The guys in Ezio's family (Giovanni, Petruccio, and Frederico) were hard to care about since you don't see them that much. Except for a few missions. All of the characters were good. Except for the villains and male family. OG Rating: 8/10 New Rating: 9/10

    Overall, Assassin's Creed 2 isn't as bad as I remembered. Sure a lot of my issues were still there, but I liked it better this time around. I see the appeal in the game, but it ain't really for me. I think that the love for AC2 comes from either heavy nostalgia, lower standards or Ezio getting three games to grow. And people looked back on 2 as the starting point. But that's just my weird perspective.

    Assassin's Creed 2 OG Rating: 6.83/10

    Assassin's Creed 2 New Rating: 7.9/10

    My Re-Review of Assassin's Creed 2: 1/10. Cuz I'm dumb.

    OP's Note: Please keep in mind that it's just an opinion, and I know everybody reading will likely disagree. Which is fine. I see the appeal of the game. But it just isn't my thing. I might replay it again to see of I'm wrong. So I'll let you know if I do. Also, if these seems rushed, it's not my intention. I'm tired. It's late as of the writing of this section. Anyway. Bye.

    submitted by /u/NotASalamanderBoi
    [link] [comments]

    I completed assassins creed the ezio colletction but now i cant seem to enjoy the third game

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    So i played the ezio collection in 3 weeks. Then i took a break from the franchise for about a week when i then started to play ac 3. I played it for awhile but i just couldnt seem to enjoy it. So what im wondering is if the game gets better or if i should just dropp it

    submitted by /u/Uverlurd
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favourite shanty from black flag?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Main is Leave her Johnny

    submitted by /u/seko_mess
    [link] [comments]

    Would the Templar’s seek out the Anti Life Equation if it existed in the AC Universe ?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    I imagine they would say Fuck the pieces of Eden and look for that but I have also thought that both things worked almost the same just the Equation is more powerful

    submitted by /u/AEWMarksSuck
    [link] [comments]

    Unity's combat system makes me feel powerless.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    The combat in the game is so hard at times. Engaging in combat feels like a chore. Sometimes I get hit one time and instantly die and sometimes I'm being shot even though I'm doing everything in my power not to get hit. Also it feels impossible to fight multiple enemy's at once. I feel so powerless when I see groups of enemy's walking around. I know if I try to fight them some random guy will just shoot and kill me unless I drop a smoke bomb and even that doesn't always work. It's annoying because this is the only ac game that makes me feel like this. All the other games don't make it impossible to fight multiple enemy's at once. I can't imagine boarding a ship in black flag with unitys combat. If the combat in this game wasn't so hard this would be my favorite ac game of all time.

    submitted by /u/MySticxg
    [link] [comments]

    Tried draw in a different style for syndicate.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    I’ve been replaying the remastered AC3 and there are some nice gameplay tweaks

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    Being able to swap out every weapon on the fly from the weapons wheel is cool. As in switch one sword for an other.

    As is being able to access all the outfits from the shop not just the base assassin outfit re-colours.

    The fee aim is kind of clunky though

    The worst offence though is not being able to use Connor's Naval uniform from the privateering missions in free roam, that posh Captain suit is so bad in Comparison

    submitted by /u/R_hexagon
    [link] [comments]

    Eric Baptizat Q&A: ACV Game Director

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Playing AC3 Remastered on PC with an XBOne controller, ran into a small control issue

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    I'm pretty sure the tooltips for controls think I'm using a 360 controller, because the game tells me to press the back button to open the map? But obviously there's no back button on the One controller. So I tried pressing the button that's in the spot the back button was, but that doesn't seem to do anything. What I've been doing so far is just leaning forward to press Tab on the keyboard, but now my keyboard is broken so I can't do that anymore (I know, I know. I'm taking the laptop in on Tuesday to see if it's fixable). Has anyone else run into this? What button is the map?

    submitted by /u/piperooo
    [link] [comments]

    Do you play with blood FX on or off?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    It won't let me do pills so I am posting this as text.

    submitted by /u/AnimeSushiRoll
    [link] [comments]

    Is rushing videogame development truly the most profitable decision for certain videogame companies?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    There have been countless times where a highly potential game is rushed out without the proper development time; namely Assassin's Creed Unity. This is usually due to higher ups within the company or who ever choosing it is better to get it out before it is done because the potential sales for that certain time could be very profitable. So my question is; when a game is rushed out and publicly received poorly is still profitable? If the excitement is up enough and if it is around the holidays will the initial sales truly be that grand that it makes up for a shit game? Has a company actually avoided something financially terrible because they rushed a game out? If anyone can help me understand the reasons games and especially high-end triple A games are rushed out I'd really appreciate it. I feel AC unity could have been one the top of AC games.

    submitted by /u/WooLookAtThatCloud
    [link] [comments]

    Any News about Valhallas "Stealth" part?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    Give it anything new about it? Currently I just know the stealth gameplay from some youtubers or the promised tweets from the devs. Also the 15 seconds that show the return of social stealth in the gameplay trailer. But is it that? Have I missed something?

    Currently it looks like the same as in Odyssey to me wich means that Stealth is just an option beside the "warrior" playstyle and not an important part of the game anymore. Will Valhalla have great Assassinations or sneaky passages as the old games? Maybe I should just wait for Ubi forward on the 10. but my hopes aren't that high and I think we only se more of the LikeAViking playstyle.

    submitted by /u/JKAC2013
    [link] [comments]

    The Lost Archive before or after Revelations story?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Been playing through the AC games and I just got to Revelations. I saw some people talking about Lost Archive and stumbled upon a post here about how you should play it BEFORE you start the game (as opposed to doing it after the game). Does anyone think this is fine or will work, or should I just do it after I beat Revelations?

    submitted by /u/Pyrosium
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla moonlight axe from ubi forward.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    I remember i saw that i received it in ubisoft drop website. But today i went there and check again, it not there anymore.

    Is there a way to check that i still got it or i have to wait for the game release to get my answer? I try to check at ubisoft club but it not there as well.

    For anyone who got it. Is it show in your ubisoft drop website or anywhere else?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kirbyruby
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought Odyssey Digital Gold Edition - Where's my content? (May be premature)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    This may be a bit premature, as the game is still downloading, but I'm a little bit concerned. The Gold Edition was advertised to include the following: The main game, The Season Pass, The Secrets of Greece Bonus Mission, and AC 3 Remastered... I just purchased this, however the only things showing up in my downloads are the main game and The Secrets Of Greece? This is on PS4

    submitted by /u/thatoneguy19942
    [link] [comments]

    The modern-day Templars need a cleanse

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Like title says I think the modern day Templars need a cleanse. There are so many members especially in the inner sactum that actively fight against each other and seem to only care about personal wealth and power, and don't care about the Templars actually cause. Unfortunately Otso Berg the black cross and one of the only ones who could keep these guys in some sort of check got a spear to the spine and the Grand Master is no where to be seen or heard from so I doubt this cleanse will happen anytime soon. Anyways thoughts ? Sorry I know this post is all over the place

    submitted by /u/baptisminflames
    [link] [comments]

    Buying Syndicate Gold when you already own the regular edition

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Question for any PS4 users- the Gold edition is currently on sale for half the price of the DLC. I'm 20 percent through Syndicate right now and I'm curious if buying the entire Gold edition will allow me to have the DLC without starting over. This has worked for me in the past with games like Injustice 2.

    submitted by /u/RapturePublicWorks
    [link] [comments]

    Is there going to be a remaster the next year?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    So in 2018 we got the AC rogue remaster and in 2019 we got the AC III remaster and this year we haven't seen anything yet, probably because Ubisoft was working on Valhalla but anyway, is there a possibility that we get a remaster at the end of this year or the next year?

    submitted by /u/Meme_corps
    [link] [comments]

    What is everyone’s thoughts on Unity?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    So earlier this year I played Odyssey, and it was my first AC game. I spent about 100 hours on it and thought, I want to go back and play all the games. I have been and I'm on Unity now, but for some reason I've come to a bit of a block and I can't seem to enjoy it much. I haven't played it much at all yet, I think I'm on sequence 4 or 5.

    All the rest I've really loved, especially AC2 and Black Flag. I can't put my finger on what I'm not enjoying as much. I really love the parkour style. I thought it might be the story that wasn't gripping me but I don't know.

    What's everyone's thoughts on Unity??

    submitted by /u/w1ckedm1nt
    [link] [comments]

    AC4 island blockades not re-appearing

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    I used a coin farm at the location New Bone. I screwed up, and had so sino the blockade. They usually reappear after fast travelling back to New Bone, and because I sank them all, they didn't. Is there any way to bring them back?

    submitted by /u/RubberRandHandSand
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think we’ll get another game in 2021?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    I'm extremely hyped for Valhalla, but my mind started wandering and I started thinking about why the next entry in the series could look like, and when we could see it. Personally, I think because Ubisoft always has multiple games in the AC franchise baking in the oven at once (even during off years, they're still working), we'll get one in 2021, or 2022. Since Origins and Odyssey were almost like spiritual companions (if you take a step back, the progression and gameplay loop are very similar, if not identical), I feel like we'll get another game that uses the Valhalla's new approach to leveling and world design, but in a different setting.

    What does everyone else think?

    submitted by /u/GoldForYourWitcher
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey; what's your favourite weapon type(s)?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    So far i love my scythe for multiple enemies at a time and a sword for 1v1's.

    submitted by /u/DeRotterdammert
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment