• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 9, 2020

    Assassin's Creed The final shot of my AC: Valhalla realtime project

    Assassin's Creed The final shot of my AC: Valhalla realtime project


    The final shot of my AC: Valhalla realtime project

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    I really hope the citizens in Valhalla aren't as bold as in Odyssey

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    I'm sick of getting chased by peasants with shovels after killing ruthless mercenarys.

    submitted by /u/thejonsnu
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla fan art by Nino Is

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    Assassin's Creed (2007) Has Some of the Best Dialogue in the Series

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    From the philosophical conversations Vidic has with Desmond, to the really poetic death sequences after Altaïr slays one of his targets, to the way Al Mualim and Altaïr exchange words on the nature of their order and the Templars. For me it's some of the best work the series has ever done in this regard. What are some other AC games with great dialogue?

    submitted by /u/TheNegusAyo
    [link] [comments]

    The best thing about Darby's work in the franchise is his poetic writing

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    When you replay Black Flag and Revelations you can understand how that type of dialogue should be the norm for the franchise. I'm not just talking about the nuance, I'm talking about the pacing of the conversation, the way characters talk in such a elegant way as if they truly are historical and bigger than life personas.

    After all, thr historical sequences should be written as such, with a sense of verbalization different from modern tones. And we are or should be, naturally, dealing with philosophical characters that speak and think as such.

    It reminds me a lot of Black Sails. It's like a real life play. It's like poetry, it rhymes.. Sorry, had to say it.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is.. Darby gets AC. And above all he gets that an historical drama should feel historical and grandiose in its accomplishments.

    submitted by /u/GreenArrow194
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, I am a very big fan of Assassin's Creed Franchise So I engraved a Assassin's Creed Valhalla Wooden Plaque. Give it a view it will be worth your time.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    [Spoilers] Y’all I just replayed Black Flag

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    Jesus Lord

    I haven't played Black Flag since 2015, I always remembered it fondly and now I remember why.

    Seeing Edward grow as a character from the selfish and avarice filled person to the caring and almost regret filled person at the end was a real treat

    And seeing his relationship with all of his friends grow until their deaths is amazing to watch as well

    And lord the game is still beautiful, going to Great Inagua for the first time and seeing the waterfalls in the jungle was almost breathtaking

    And sincerely, some of the lines and speeches in this game were phenomenal: Without gold we might've been heroes, Money and reputation but no one left I love standing next to me, Anne's beautiful song at the end and seeing the table filled with the spirits of his friends was all so great

    This isn't really anything too interesting or whatever but I wanted somewhere to put my feelings and this seemed like a good place

    Cheers to the people who might've read this and everyone in this community who has created great artwork or edits or cosplays that've made this sub a great place to scroll through!

    submitted by /u/jimmyjimjimboso
    [link] [comments]

    Helpful Odyssey tips because I didn't want a big comment to disappear and go to waste

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    I wrote a big reply to a thread somewhere but realised this might actually be useful to others, no doubt there's another one somewhere but Odyssey was recently on super special on Steam so there are probably a few around who are wondering...

    (I finally got my own copy instead of playing in family mode on my missus one...)

    Don't worry about upgrading gear early, save it for legendaries of a spec you want.

    Enjoy side quests.

    Completing areas before moving to next one alleviates a lot of the 'grind'

    Farm chunks of wild animals as you go through the world, you'll need that leather... (I forgot for my current playthrough and are paying the price now constantly running out). Actually don't forget wood or iron ore as well.

    Don't let the couple of bottlenecks (when you first get to Athens is usually the first major one) get you down, use it as an opportunity to go and check out different areas and things or go and sync all the fast travel points you can find in the Greek Isls.

    Spec at least a point into shadow assassin and revelation early on as they are super useful.

    As you hit late game, you'll want as many points as possible in poison skills, they're super useful as a warrior or hunter. (Venemous Attacks, Poison Mastery). You need to use bow or melee at some points, so I pick them up no matter what build I go. Honestly, I completed entire sections of the game (on first playthrough) well ahead of levels just because of this, a big assassin spec and skills with parry/dodge, poison is OP AF.

    Make regular saves in different slots, keep at least one every 5-10 levels. You don't NEED to do this but it's just good advice in any SP game, in case a serious bug happens. Like you assassinate a major questline giver or something like that, Odyssey is usually pretty forgiving though.

    Even if you cleared a camp or area and you get the tick, enemies will respawn.

    Running away to stealth another day is perfectly legit.

    Well timed 'Q' (parry) and dodge wins all combat.

    Don't stress about the look of armour, you can change the appearance from some point around the end of the first island (6-ish hours in if you do everything). Note - this will mean you can't sell or dismantle it, so to get rid of it, stash it in your ships chest.

    Dismantle all gear you don't need, unless you really need coin. Legendaries you should keep.

    Don't forget to 'sell all trade goods'.

    Look up how to find engravings from Anigmata's, I don't really care about the 'puzzle' so I just google the solution.

    It's set in Ancient Greece, if you know a chunk about this subject there are SO many minor and major things intertwined into the game, remember your Greek lore and some of them will blow your mind.

    On that note, Socrates is annoying AF, they do his reputation justice...

    Oh man, just enjoy all the characters you meet, oh man, the Athens stuff from a lore perspective has a bit of artistic lincense but not by much... SOOOOO much fun if you know your Greek lore.

    When your run across 'Supideo', make sure you do that quest... And if you don't get it all at the end, google the references - brilliant writing. (Don't google them prior, it's just a clever bit of writing you don't want to spoil).

    Whatever you do, enjoy it. If you need to take a break, take a break. It's a big game, don't feel like you need to finish it in 3 days, you'll look like a corpse at the end... I know I did the first time...

    What are your fun/useful tidbits?

    submitted by /u/SappeREffecT
    [link] [comments]

    The (Potential) Return of Shaun Hastings [THEORY]

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Hey folks, old school Assassin's Creed fan, first time posting here.

    So I'll be honest, I stopped playing Assassin's Creed games after the mess that was Unity at launch, so I'm really not up to date on what's happening with the AC story. I understand they've basically abandoned the Desmond story in favour of a new present day protagonist but I know almost nothing beyond that. However, the recent announcement of Valhalla did persuade me to jump back into the Ezio Collection for a bit of a nostalgia trip during lock down and I'm currently playing through Brotherhood, where I've just discovered something pretty interesting.

    So I've just started Sequence 7 and decided to pop out of the Animus to stretch my legs and check some emails (mostly just to get rid of the annoying red exclamation) and I came across this in Shauns Outbox:

    "Lucy,

    Let me get straight to the point.

    I noticed we have a free day on Sunday. Would you allow me to do a small session in the Animus? Rebecca said she'd monitor me and it would only be for a short while. I'm rather curious about the validity of my Norse descent.

    As it would be a one off and for a short period I really don't see any harm.

    S."

    This was probably just meant as a throwaway block of text to pad out the emails, but what if this Norse ancestor of Shauns turned out to be far more important than anyone realised?

    So my theory is this: what if Valhalla begins with the player straight into the Animus with little/no mention of the present day, save for perhaps a vague cinematic in the opening that establishes that you are indeed playing as someone hooked into the Animus and you're mission is to find something/somewhere/someplace, similar I guess to Desmond's hunt for the Apple. You go about your business, raiding and pillaging as a Viking, and when you finish the games main story, you exit the Animus. A familiar voice asks,

    "Did you get it?"

    Out of the shadows steps the speaker: Rebecca Crane.

    "Yeah,"

    replies another familiar voice. Pan to reveal: Shaun Hastings

    "I got it."

    And then he probably makes a quip about Europe or something, idk

    submitted by /u/Nerd_Squared
    [link] [comments]

    My Theory On Valhalla's Plot

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    Valhalla takes place in 873. By then, the Viking invasion of England led by Ragnar Lothbrok's sons was in full force. We can probably guess, in typical AC fashion, that we'll meet up with and probably do missions for Hvitserk, Ivar the Boneless, Bjorn Ironside, and Ubba. It is also very possible that one or more of Ragnar's sons are being influenced by or are working for the Templars (Ancient Order).

    We can probably also expect to see events like the siege of Mercia and the battle of Thetford, among others. There were numerous battles all over England and what is now Scotland during that time, among other areas, so Ubi has plenty of material to work with.

    Even though a merchant named Bjarni Herjolfsson was supposedly the first to discover Vinland (North America) in 985, since AC is historical fiction anyway, maybe Eivor discovers it first and we can romp around the New World before that slowpoke Columbus gets there. Maybe we even seek out Isu ruins/tech in North America.

    Okay, that's all I have for now.

    submitted by /u/the_ragnarokkr
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people not like Syndicate?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    I've just finished the main story and am currently doing the last of the collectibles and side missions. I've never completed the game before. I played it when it was released and then got very busy and never picked it up again, until now. I've seen a lot of people put syndicate near the bottom of their lists of favourite AC games and I can't think why.

    I understand that some people find Jacob's personality a bit grating and also find him unfunny, which in my opinion I don't agree with. I understand people's complaints but after going from Arno who seems to forget what his personality was half way through the game and just become just as moody and whiney as Connor. I think Jacob's personality is a breath of fresh air, and the banter back and forth between him and Evie is quite fun. I have an older sister so I appreciate the dynamic between them quite a lot.

    In terms of gameplay I feel like it's a total improvement. The combat I do believe is an upgrade on Unity and the controls have been improved. The enter window function is more responsive and mapping the stealth mode to a button rather than one of the triggers is a welcome change as well. The stealth has been greatly improved. Guards no longer see for miles in front of them so makes stealth approaches more favourable and the black box missions are better.

    Another complaint I presume was held against the game was how the player may become more overly dependant on the Rope Launcher which in my opinion works well for Syndicate as in the 19th century, London was very built up it had wide streets and tall buildings so the inclusion of the rope launcher I think makes navigation a lot more bearable than it would've of been without it.

    So what are people's main gripes with syndicate. It definitely has issues, but what are the things that make people dislike so much? I'm really interested to see if you can point out some problems that I've missed.

    submitted by /u/Wastemaster24
    [link] [comments]

    So, I did something pretty cool in Origins... [SLIGHT SPOILERS]

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    So, after the Valhalla trailer, I started playing Origins because I realized I have about half a year to finish both it and Odyssey and was like "oh no." I was doing the The Tax Master side quest, where you have to rescue Harkuf from Fort Nikiou. So on top of ALL the horrible stuff that Sefetu had done, now he's kidnapped my informant, and this was all a SIDE QUEST?! So I decided to do the most absolute chad thing: even though I was playing on Nightmare, I just charged right into the fort, guns blazing. I was a one-man-army, killing everybody. And in the middle of all the chaos, a Phylake showed up too. I killed them. I killed them all. Not just the guards, but the Phylake and reinforcements too. They were animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I did all of this without even investing much into the Warrior section of the skill tree—I've invested most of my points into the Seer section. And I died only 2 times while doing this.

    submitted by /u/NerdLetter
    [link] [comments]

    For the love of Odin I pray they nerf chickens

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    Im tired of getting clucked up my this one foot, no armor, but maximum damage descendent of a dinosaur.

    submitted by /u/qwerty1745673
    [link] [comments]

    What Yusuf SHOULD have said.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    "A hookblade has two parts, a hook and a blade. So you can grab while you stab"

    submitted by /u/goku9019
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla rumours post detailed

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Ubisoft really wasted a good opportunity with Shao Jun.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    How come they thought an incredible setting like China would be good (in sales) as a sidescroller? Not to mention it would be good to see a young assassin grow like Ezio.

    This is a bit personal but i loved her costume, weapons and mechanics. Seriously, why aren't they trying anymore? I'm not a hater of assassin vikings, as we already got assassin pirates well written and developed tho.

    submitted by /u/F4NT4SM1T4
    [link] [comments]

    Small mistake I noticed. In AC Syndicate, which takes place in 1868, there is a tesla coil in the background, which didn't get invented by Nikola Tesla until 1891.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    I loved the outpost system in Origins and Odyssey, I hope they keep it in Valhalla.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    It was one of my favourite parts of the game, and it made the grind much less tedious, as it was an enjoyable way to earn xp. Using Senu/Icarus to find loot and the captains, and stealthily infiltrating the camp/fortress, taking out guards and disabling the fire alarm before taking on every last guard, I hope they keep it in Valhalla.

    submitted by /u/Sivboi
    [link] [comments]

    Was the word "Assassin" ever used in AC: Origins?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    I've finished the main storyline and the two DLCs and I don't think I've heard the word mentioned even once.

    submitted by /u/niankaki
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone taken a look @ the Runes on the Eivor (Male) statue and tried to translate them?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    God of War's Stone Mason Edition used runes to hide a message for players on the games Steelbook and Box.

    Wonder if Ubi did the same here.

    Edit: its multiple sided, so it could say a lot.

    Ubisoft Store Page for Pictures

    submitted by /u/LividLeprechaun
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft could actually... learn... something from IGN in how to market their games

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    So we have all seen the dislike to like ratio for the new Valhalla "gameplay" trailer. Here are some quick numbers for those that haven't seen, or just want a refresh:

    Channel Likes Dislikes
    Ubisoft 20,000 16,000
    Ubisoft North America 18,000 32,000
    IGN 14,000 4,100

    Ubisoft - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qloV1QSgi7gUbisoft NA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgUtoX7ue7Q&t=9sIGN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wagroA5aiM&t=20s

    As you can see, there is a channel not following the trend of more dislikes than likes, that being IGN. Why? Well because IGN renamed their video to say:

    "Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Official Game Engine Trailer"

    They named the video more appropriately, and it paid off.

    I don't think any of us are particularly worried about Valhalla, I am sure we all have lots of faith in the Development team, but the Marketing team really did shoot the Development team in the face using "Gameplay Trailer" as a Title, especially coming off what past Gameplay Trailers have shown.

    I feel bad for the Development team who are on the end of the backlash of this, it isn't their fault at all. The Marketing team needs to re-evaluate how they market this product though. I love this franchise, and it is pretty disheartening to see your favourite franchises' video have so many dislikes pretty much everywhere, especially when the issue isn't with the game.

    submitted by /u/Arun1910
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: the Valhalla collector's edition is back in stock in canada right now

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    I made this evolution of parkour in Assassin's Creed Games - I hope that some of you will find interesting how things have evolved throughout the years

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    [Highly recommended read] The truth behind the myth: how invading Vikings loved much more than hack and slash

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment