• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 14, 2019

    Assassin's Creed Started the Odyssey Discovery Tour, and am loving it!

    Assassin's Creed Started the Odyssey Discovery Tour, and am loving it!


    Started the Odyssey Discovery Tour, and am loving it!

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 06:04 AM PDT

    It is truly brilliant, I loved it in Origins and the execution here is even better.

    For those who like me were concerned that less yours meant less content don't fear! The discovery points, while not narrated more than make up for it! Furthermore each tour stop also has extra non narrated content available in the read more option!

    Now here's for an opinion that might be controversial. I personally believe this is a full and worthy replacement of the database entries of the previous titles. Shocking, I know.

    Don't get me wrong, I miss Shawn's wit as much as anyone, and it really would be better if available at launch, but damn this is good! I think there's a good chance they wanted some time for criticism to come in that they could address in the discovery tour so that makes sense of it not being available right away.

    Think of it this way, if every game had a discovery tour like this, and then they scaled it back to the database what would we feel like? Would we feel cheapened? I suspect we would. The database still took a lot of work though, and the vast majority of players likely didn't read much of it, while most people here likely read every entry fully. But we are not a good representation of the whole player base. The discovery tour will be played a lot more I'm sure, and is a great teaching tool as well.

    Of course I would like to see both options in a future game, but I think this is just as worthwhile if we only get one! And I can't wait to play the Viking discovery tour!

    submitted by /u/Jonnescout
    [link] [comments]

    That does it. AC3 is my favorite game of this franchise

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    I've always had this debate inside me of which is my favorite AC game between AC2 and AC3. After playing them back to back I gotta say that AC3 takes the spot. I'm not gonna start describing what I love about the game 'cause there is too much I like and it would be a long post.

    Also, after thinking about it a bit, The Kenway saga is fantastic. Edward, Haytham and Connor's combined story is so great and a roller coaster of emotions. One day I'll return to this story but in chronollogical order (Black Flag, Forsaken and AC3).

    submitted by /u/Dudeiscray
    [link] [comments]

    [Atlantis Spoilers] I don't really get anyone's motivations in Elysium

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 10:36 AM PDT

    The only person who has an understandable goal is Hekate. She is sick of living in Persephone's shadow and wants to wrest control of Elysium from her. I suppose Hermes also has a clear motivation... though they really butchered all semblance of his traits as we see them in mythology.

    But then you get to Adonis... And he doesn't seem to have any logic or reason to his actions at all. His main claim is that he wants to escape, but it is revealed that he had the chance to escape and did not. And besides, preventing the dead from leaving Elysium isn't evil, it's literally the job of the ruler of the underworld (and we see the consequences of how that can be messed up in episode 2). Persephone was basically abducted by Hades and chose to make Elysium into a world she could bear to live in, and every dead soul we see is having a fantastic time. She gets rid of the Lethe water, but the only quest we have with that shows that it can be more bad than good. At worst, she's egocentric, but there's nothing actively bad about all the monuments all over the place. She takes control of human souls to fight for her, but that's no different than the conscription which happened across Greece at the time. As far as I can tell, when dead humans get on with their lives, she gives them everything they could possibly need or want. When they get in Persephone's way, she's brutal to them, but compared to the way gods treated humans who opposed them in actual mythology, she's a saint. So we spend the whole episode being told by Adonis that we're fighting for liberation or freedom or something, without ever being told what exactly that involves.

    submitted by /u/Speech500
    [link] [comments]

    [AC:O spoilers after reaching Sparta] - I made the wrong decision by _____, what do I do now to _____?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 07:26 PM PDT

    First blank: not listening to Brasidas

    Second blank: reveal the identity of one of the Spartan kings who is a cultist

    I have one more clue that needs to be uncovered before I can ascertain the identity of the Spartan King, can anyone nudge me in a certain direction so I find out who he is? Don't tell me who he is though...

    I would appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/Eavynne
    [link] [comments]

    There's a first person perspective in the AC:Odyssey discovery tour

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    You have no idea how happy I am about this. I've wanted this really badly for so long.

    submitted by /u/DefNotaZombie
    [link] [comments]

    Potential Assassin's Creed Setting: The Indo-Greek Kingdom

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 11:46 PM PDT

    I wish for a game that would depict a setting never explored in Assassin's Creed and one that allowed you to roam the lands of a Successor Kingdom of Alexander the Great, I believe that a future Assassin's Creed Game should be set in the last decades of the Indo-Greek Kingdom, the last of the Diadochi that was established in 180 BC and lasted until AD 10. The Kingdom was a offshoot of the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom whose Founder, Diodotus I, had seceded from the weakened Seleucid Empire (founded by Seleucus I Nicator, one of Alexander's Generals) in 256 BC. It was a offshoot in that a man by the name of Eucratides I had overthrown the ruling dynasty whose head, Demetrius I was campaigning India against the Shunga Empire.

    I imagine that you would be in the service of the last Indo-Greek Kings such as Strato II, defending the legacy of Alexander against invading nomadic tribes, internal court intrigue and perhaps other nearby civilized neighbors. As there isn't much sources that describe what exactly was going on during the final decades of the Indo-Greek Kingdom, Ubisoft is free to use artistic licence when crafting the story.
    Greco-Bactrian Kingdom:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQATsepKoLE
    Indo-Greek Kingdom:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJk4KHZxi8

    submitted by /u/slapnut1207
    [link] [comments]

    Access The Animus - Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Review [SPOILER]

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    Assassin's Creed Odyssey has had extensive post release content since its launch in October 2018. Join me as I take a look at the various story expansions and additions to the game, and review each aspect in kind.

    http://accesstheanimus.com/ACOd_DLC_review

    submitted by /u/Sorrosyss
    [link] [comments]

    Ac odyssey: higher levels unsustainable?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    The higher your level gets, the more resources it takes to upgrade your stuff. I'm a level 46 using level 20 armor just because I don't have enough money and leather. How badly does this screw you over at higher levels?

    submitted by /u/DeDactorBird
    [link] [comments]

    What's in your opinion the best looking legendary set in Odyssey?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 06:42 AM PDT

    For me it's definitely the pirate one so far

    submitted by /u/matianakin
    [link] [comments]

    AC Brotherhood - Guild Challenges - related trophies?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    AC Brotherhood - Guild Challenges - related trophies?

    So I've been slowly working my way through Brotherhood, and I discovered something recently that I'm hoping doesn't break anything trophy-related or otherwise.

    My status for doing kill streaks of five or greater? Shows uncompleted at 8/5. So I've done it 8 times out of the required 5, but I haven't actually gotten credit for it.

    I think this happened when I was trying to replay the first Copernicus mission for 100% synch, where you have to kill like 40 enemies without taking any damage, so I was doing a lot of reloading, so maybe I got the fifth streak and reloaded before I actually got the pop up showing I completed it.

    Do any trophies rely on having 100% of the guild challenges? Do you know if there's a way I can "fix" this?

    8/5 Streaks of at least 5 kills.

    submitted by /u/Voratus
    [link] [comments]

    When can I chose to join Athens or sparta (no spoilers)

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    So I've recently bought odyssey and I have only played for about and hour and I'm wondering when o can join athen ot sparta no spoilers.

    submitted by /u/revonvenom
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey is cool. But I'll wait until they make an assassins creed game

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    Unitys been getting a lot of praise lately and I dig it. I really enjoyed the game despite flaws or whatever. It definitely seemed like a serious attempt to turn the franchise, particularly the gameplay, around. Much like how I felt that AC3 tried to do the same thing. There was a post earlier about how the combat felt heavy, which I thought was a great way to describe their, at the time, new take on one of the essential pieces of AC gameplay.

    Anyway, I played origins and really liked it. I can't say that it had the same charm as previous AC games, but it was enjoyable, especially as a fan of the witcher (but then again who isn't). Odyssey feels like a copy/paste of origins when I really wanted a new assassins creed game. I enjoyed the social stealth. I enjoyed the easy combat. I enjoyed stabbing two people at the same time with double hidden blades... but I digress.

    I hope that the next one, which I think we all know is probably that Viking setting, will have a little more of that classic AC feel to it. Odds are, given that it might feature one of the most notoriously brutal denominations of warrior in history, that the fighting mechanics will remain action RPG based, but here's to hoping we'll get to take on 15 enemy's at the same time without pressing more than three buttons.

    Also, I'm not hating on Odyseey. It's clear that they put a lot of effort into the game. I'm just not enthused.

    submitted by /u/mctipper88
    [link] [comments]

    Alright its the time of the year where we rank the games

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    my list is

    1. Brotherhood

    2. AC2

    3.Revelations

    4.Black flag

    5.Origins

    1. AC1

    2. Unity

    3. Rouge

    4. AC3

    5. Syndicate

    6. Odyssey

    Write your ranking or give an opinion about my ranking, I'd like to hear your opinon

    submitted by /u/hammeed
    [link] [comments]

    Again reboot in AC 2020?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    Ubisoft already done good reboots over the years like between AC1-2 and Syndicate-Origins, and this alwayed happened when they take a year off (in 2008 and 2016)

    In the first reboot, they have added more GTA like elements to AC2 and having focused story, made less repetitive content (at least than AC1) etc

    And in second reboot, they have taken the path of RPG in the series after a year break and that turned pretty good after launch failure of Unity in back 2014

    So again, they're taking off this year and launching next title in fall 2020 Quebec released all the post launch contents for Odyssey since it's release and probably Montreal is developing the next game (if we ignore other leaks about Sofia), and I personally give more priority for Montreal games than Quebec which is always superior atleast in small percent

    What's your thoughts guys and gals?

    submitted by /u/Abr1236
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished the main Odyssey storyline. Which dlc should I start playing first?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    The legacy of the first blade, the fate of Atlantis or it doesn't matter?

    submitted by /u/matianakin
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey Engraving “-50% All Resistances”

    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 10:10 AM PDT

    What exactly is this? It's in red.

    Does it mean I will have less resistance? Or is it that my enemies have less resistance? Bit confused as I don't use explore the engravings section that much.

    submitted by /u/bloodofthephoenix
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment