• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 8, 2021

    Assassin's Creed An Update on Assassin’s Creed Infinity and the Future of the Assassin’s Creed Franchise

    Assassin's Creed An Update on Assassin’s Creed Infinity and the Future of the Assassin’s Creed Franchise


    An Update on Assassin’s Creed Infinity and the Future of the Assassin’s Creed Franchise

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 06:10 AM PDT

    I frankly hope that assassins creed infinity is shit.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    There's a chance that the game will come out and be an amazing experience that is actually assassins creed, I don't think that's particularly likely but it could happen and I'd be blown away if it does release like that.

    Much More likely it'll either be complete dog shit, a good experience but a shit assassins creed, or mediocre. Of those 3 options I REALLLLLY want it to be horse shit. I want it to be fallout 76 levels of bad, it should be the laughing stock of gaming and be so bad ubisoft loses millions off of it. Of course with how small fans of the original assassins creed games are now the chief complaint won't be that it "Isn't assassins creed" but among the shitstorm I want ubisoft to get from it, the "this isn't even assassins creed" complaint will get a genuine megaphone.

    Every company needs a flop sometimes to humble them, after battlefront 2 we got Jedi fallen order, after the Wii U we got breath of the wild, even after The Avengers mess we're getting a promising Guardians of the Galaxy game. Ubisoft is in dire need of a total and absolute shit storm. If assassin's creed infinite won't be amazing it shall be a flop.

    submitted by /u/broji04
    [link] [comments]

    Two Known Abusers at Ubisoft have essentially been promoted in this new announcement

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    Marc-Alexis Côté has been named as executive producer of the AC franchise going forward and Jonathan Dumont has also been named as one of the creative leads. Both have been named previously during the massive wave of allegations last year of ongoing abuse and harassment at Ubisoft. These two and probably many others remain at Ubisoft and are being promoted and more people should be talking about this. Allegations

    EDIT: Title should read Two "Alleged" Abusers, as none of the allegations have been confirmed. However, there are dozens of allegations related to these two specifically where it is a concern for them to be leading the franchise.

    submitted by /u/AnindaIslam
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft Plans Assassin’s Creed Live Online Game Service

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 04:26 AM PDT

    So if you are in that small part of AC userbase who don't like to buy microtransactions and grind through bloated content, you now know as a fact that Ubisoft don't care about you

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    AC Infinity is enough proof of that. You all are not worthy for Ubisoft because you (like myself) refuse to give them money in microtransactions. The next game, AC Infinity, is made for those who loves microtransactions; everyone else, well, they are not giving Ubisoft enough money anyway. No wonder Darby McDevitt left Ubisoft.

    submitted by /u/MTXmustDie
    [link] [comments]

    The Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC was a little too good. [Spoilers]

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    I finished syndicate and I wanted more of the world of Evie and Jacob so I got the Jack the Ripper DLC. It introduced new mechanics and even had points where you were playing as Jack himself. Here's the thing tho, I had to play through the DLC in one day because I was legit too scared to just leave the story. SPOILER IN THIS SENTENCE: When I saw that Jack basically killed Jacob (it's implied he killed Jacob but then we see that he was just kidnapped by Jack), I felt like it was literally life and death and now Jacob is a real person and I had to find him soon. I played through it in 2 or 3 hours. I basically just stuck to the main story, I did 2 or 3 side things. I just could not go to play the base game again without completing the DLC because the thought of Jacob dead just turned my stomach. After completing it, I went and replayed some of the base game missions to get the DLC out of my head but it's still lurking and overshadowing Syndicate itself. I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight.

    submitted by /u/BlackpaintSundae
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished playing Brotherhood, I loved it.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    I've never played single player games before, but I best Assassin's Creed dos almost exactly a year ago and I figured it was time to start the sequel. It's a great game. I was only 3 when the franchise started, but I'm happy I found out about the series. I really hope once I get to the later games that it's similar to these ones, I love the close parkour and stuff. :)

    submitted by /u/62waterloo
    [link] [comments]

    Schreier: It's important to note that we're at least three years away from this thing coming out. Details are still up in the air. But the core idea is that Infinity is a massive online platform containing different settings and games. Dunno if or how multiplayer plays a role

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 07:09 AM PDT

    Bring it Back Ubisoft //discussion

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    A big thank you to Sony for discounting AC Unity. The only game in the entire series that I didn't play. I've been a huge supporter of this franchise and playing Unity brought me back to what I loved about the game and what got me invested in the AC line… and that was actually being an assassin! I enjoyed playing Origins as well as Odyssey but I always asked the question, wait am I an assassin? Then Valhalla dropped. I was excited because I love watching Vikings and thought the lore itself would be perfect. In my opinion Ubisoft created a great Viking game, but not an AC game. The countless tedious tasks and coming in guns blazing brought nothing but boredom. It was the first AC game that I didn't even bother finishing. Which brings me to Unity. Going after Templars and increasing your skills to become a better assassin. That's what the game should be. The thrill of opening a chest to get an upgraded weapon instead of opening a chest to get silver or gold then having to travel to upgrade weapons or armor. Please… Ubisoft… bring back what the game was meant to be. Let us be assassins again!!!

    submitted by /u/tony6481
    [link] [comments]

    Updated w/ Assassin's Creed Infinity: how to explore the Assassin's Creed Universe

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    [SPOILER] I cannot believe this is still an issue. It ruins all immersion and the narrative.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    So I am a big fan of the Assassins Creed series and I have been ever since I picked up AC2 back in the day on my xbox 360. And this post is not meant to bash on Valhalla at all, in fact, I quite enjoy myself in the game and setting.

    Anyways, I picked up the season pass for it two days ago since it was discounted and started my first playthrough of the Wrath of the Druids. I enjoy the new environments and the gameplay mechanics that have been introduced so far. I get to a point in the story where I am introduced to the Children of Danu gameplay mechanic. Pretty damn similiar to the order of ancients and the cult of kosmos systems.

    A bit further in the story, Eivor confronts a High Druid that goes by the alias as 'The Cursed'. This is all fine and dandy up to this point. I see her picture is a generic druid so I was like "Damn! Ubisoft learned something from the main game and made the mysterious silhouettes a bit harder to guess or atleast keep the person hidden." After I deal with the Cursed, I unlock a hint for the centerpiece of the Children of Danu that goes by the name 'The Oak'. So intrigued by who he might be, and what Eivor has learned about him/her, I click on it.

    Lo and behold, the damn silhouette system is unchanged and I can immediatly tell from the two seconds I look at it, it's father Eogan.... all suspense is gone and at this point I just burst out into laughter. How can you introduce this kind of system, where the player is challented to find clues and explore the game world, to seek out who is the ultimate mastermind of a cult. Only to have the most telling of hints and the character model plainly visible for anyone to take a gander at.

    If anyone at Ubi comes across this post. Please, if you wish to introduce a similiar system in the Siege of Paris, or hell, even in a next installment. Please, please, please, make harder hints and don't showcase the character model. Hell even Odyssey did it better by keeping the character silhouettes shrouded until all of the hints had been found! Why not keep that? You come up with all these clever aliases for the cultists, why not have a symbol that represents their alias in place instead of their character model?

    submitted by /u/Perforo_RS
    [link] [comments]

    Spoiler warning, theory on the connection of the name of Infinity and Valhalla's modern day ending

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    At the end of Valhalla we see the modern day characters are going to be able to simulate an infinite amount of possibilities or timelines using the yggdrasil device. I felt this plot device would have some sort narrative consequences going forward of how ubi would frame future stories and that it might replace the animus.

    Maybe this live service model named infinite might actually be what they were aiming at. This plot devise seeded in Valhalla could be what connects all of infinites different time periods and locations. The Yggdrasil devise could be the central plot device that connects all of these proposed time periods while keeping them connected to that modern day story. It does say in the Leak that they claim they will have a strong focus on connectivity story wise, although that should probably be taken with a grain of sallt.

    I'm not championing this live service model, I just like theorizing the lore.

    submitted by /u/Rd19900312
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Infinity and everyone's thoughts on it.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    So, Ubisoft is moving to an online service with AC. My question is whether every future AC project will be in this game or whether we will still get individual games. I have a feeling that this could be massive and good or Ubisoft could fuck up the franchise. What do you guys want from this game? This is a big change for us.

    submitted by /u/DaneCz123
    [link] [comments]

    What Infinity could look like

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:50 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    the thought of something as Infinity has crossed my mind a few months ago. Even though I believe that AC games have gone really far in terms of big worlds and copy paste side quests, we might have something really fine here.

    I can imagine a free to play platform lets say. You download a game and there is a menu similar to the one in Unity that was basically just for the show. We would be able to select a time period and play a self contained story of an assassin from that campaign. Lets say it is a shorter, 20 hour experience and lets say there are in total 3 campaigns like this when the platform releases.

    There might be an option if you want to play as part of the brotherhood or alone. That would mean that you either play alone or would like to be offered to play some/all/selected missions by Ubi with other people Unity style.

    As the time goes, Ubi continues to add new and new campaigns - either free or premium. If every new campaign is free, then I expect a classic microtransacrion store we know, especially in the style of the last three games. Maybe even bigger than that. Premium model might work as 20€/campaign, or maybe a subscription - 10€/month and you can play every campaign available - similar to Star Wars The Old Republic MMO, I believe.

    It might be better than the big worlds that are empty and repetitive, if the campaigns are shorter and self-contained. Hell, there might even ve sequels Ezio-style. Or sequels for protagonists we already know. But of course it might be a complete shit show, we know Ubi likes money so..

    What do you think about this vision of what the Infinity could be? Do you like this? Would you play this, buy expansions? Or is there something I forgot? What is your vision? Lets discuss. I would love to know what the community thinks.

    submitted by /u/blackdiamond96
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft Announced Assassin’s Creed Infinity & Shares Details about the future

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    Hiring a mercenary for your crew AC: Odyssey

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 07:42 PM PDT

    I was hunted by a mercenary and I did enough damage to be able to knock her out and recruit her for my crew. If I dismiss her from my roster (fire her) will she go back out into the world as normal or will she vanish forever?

    submitted by /u/TheRealestAlbie
    [link] [comments]

    What will we get between now and Infinity?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    I'm not here to discuss whether I think Infinity will be the best thing to happen to AC, or the worst. We don't know enough to discuss that properly. But what I would like to discuss is what we think we'll see between now and then. According to Jason Schreier, this game/experience/whatever isn't coming until at least 2024. He has also said we won't be getting another main series entry between now and then. But that doesn't mean we won't get anything. So here's my thoughts.

    Well first off, we know 2022 will more or less be filled with Valhalla DLC. The easiest answer is that 2023 will just be an actual gap year, but that's assuming Infinity does launch in 2024. Perhaps we end up getting Valhalla Year 3 then? Personally I hope not, unless Year 3 gives us some more grounded experiences, like a journey to the Middle East to see Eivor interact more with the Hidden Ones, and a proper conclusion to Eivor's story as she returns to Vinland.

    Or perhaps that rumored King Richard game isn't as dead as we thought? If it's a smaller title (possibly even smaller than Rogue), it wouldn't contradict Jason's statements. But this seems unlikely as Sofia is mostly likely focusing on the DLC for Valhalla.

    Maybe we'll see a remaster then? A Unity remaster on the new Gen could be pretty awesome, or maybe even a double dose with Unity and Syndicate? The Helix/Initiate Collection.

    My last idea is one I'd love to see the most, but conversely is the one I think we're least likely to see. And that would be a full remake of AC1.

    Let me know which you think is most likely, or what you would like the most. Also feel free to mention any other ideas I didn't come up with.

    submitted by /u/EmboarIsland
    [link] [comments]

    How AC Infinity can completely change Modern Day

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 02:16 PM PDT

    Infinity sounds like the introduction of Assassin's Creed Unity: A hub of different historical location and playable characters, all with different stories. Basically a game catalogue.

    But why brand it like this? What are the potential benefits? I'm tempted to make a post consisting of every potential use for this sort of format, but most glaring to me is the Modern Day.

    Say we, the player, can hop around as we please from setting to setting. We play as a Samurai in China, quit to the main menu, and load up as a WW2 era Assassin in Normandy. Two completely seperate settings and stories.

    But what if they were completely seperate? The easiest way to add some connective tissue between "games" would be the Bleeding Effect, and a gigantic, modern Day section that is entirely playable.

    We start our as modern day hero with limited abilities, and as we play the other settings we aquire different skills and abilities that we can use to further explore the modern day. Your Normandy ancestors was Airborne, so you now know how to properly use a parachute once you complete some of those missions. Your Samurai ancestor used a rope dart to traverse the environment, so now you backtrack and rexplore the world after gaining that skill. Kinda like God of War.

    Since Ubi plans to continuously update Infinity, they can keep expanding the modern day section, and add more areas as they introduce new campaigns.

    Hopefully these campaigns/games are all extremely linear. I hope the only area with dialogue choices is the modern day. The past should only occur one way, since it's already happened. Giving the player choices in the modern day would make your approach feel much more personal. But yeah, I think Infinity has some huge potential.

    submitted by /u/meme_abstinent
    [link] [comments]

    Aya(Amunet) should have gotten her own game.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    Amunet was a very interesting character and it sucks the devs never made something out of it. Maybe instead of odyssey they should've explored Amunet's journey in building up the creed. It was all set up at the end of the Hidden ones dlc where she was headed to Rome but the devs threw it away.

    submitted by /u/DennisScrotum
    [link] [comments]

    Synin has only done this once in my entire time playing this game. Why can’t this happen more often?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 02:30 AM PDT

    Do u think assassins creed infinity is a MMO

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    The two way I can think of destiny 2 style lite mmo or a full blown MMO game. They already made assassins creed a RPG already I don't know what they can do with online platforms game and being live service. Do we get choose to play assassins or Templar or onlooker helping each other side. I kinda want old assassins creed back I haven't enjoyed new games at all I just get bored playing it. What y'all think this assassins creed infinity going to be

    submitted by /u/Gundam_Freedom
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to numbskull? (ACR)

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    I just replayed the game after years and was wondering if numbskull became a Templar or if he was shot. My game doesn't want to load past the credits so I can't tell if anything is after that.

    submitted by /u/Senor-Stars
    [link] [comments]

    assassin creed infinity will probably be halo infinite for assassin creed

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    Ubisoft for the last 4 years has been going for a live service model with ac so it wasn't really shocking that they announced a massive live serivce project.

    now i imagine it will be the halo infinite/destiny of assassin creed, where it supposed to last 10 years like infinite is supposed too. at launch we will pay 60 dollars for the base game which will be set in one time period (maybe Prussian Germany, or the Weimar republic) and over the course of years we get game sized dlc's made by several teams that will be set in different periods of the world, and there almost certainly going to use the modern day to connect it so maybe basim and team go across the world inorder to fight the templars, and will also get free updates

    also i just want to quickly say no this game is not inspired by fortnite despite to what people think. your not going to be jumping from planes inorder to assassinate other players thankfully. ubisoft never said it that infinity was inspired by fortnite.

    submitted by /u/chadlake
    [link] [comments]

    If you could decide where the next AC would take place and in which historical period, what would it be?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    Let's open an interesting thread.

    I've started playing AC this year, and no matter which of the titles I play, I will always get fascinated by the panoramas and history around our favourite heroes.

    So i wonder, which historical period would you like to see as an Assassin's Creed game? Even a sequel to any of the games could sound good (forget about choices made by Ubisoft, we all want to hear something different from the usual discussed topics, right?)

    Please, avoid touching the usual discussion about gameplay, i want to hear what you guys can think of.

    submitted by /u/itsMeltix
    [link] [comments]

    Why would Ubisoft call on two of its main studios to develop an online title? Wouldn't that be too risky?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 07:08 AM PDT

    Why not let Quebec take charge of the Infinity, Montreal to develop the next masterpiece, so that even if the Infinity do not do well, will not affect the reputation of the Assassin's Creed series too much, but if the Infinity do poorly, Assassin's Creed is likely to return to the low point of the Unity release

    submitted by /u/q1627962012
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment