• Breaking News

    Monday, May 31, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Watch Dogs 2 should not have better parkour/free running than AC games

    Assassin's Creed Watch Dogs 2 should not have better parkour/free running than AC games


    Watch Dogs 2 should not have better parkour/free running than AC games

    Posted: 30 May 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    Been playing Watch Dogs 2 recently it's crazy how the parkour feels and looks better than the recent AC games

    It's like you wouldn't believe the games were made by the same company Valhalla's climbing and shit is just so slow it's such a downgrade from the original formula I'm hoping for the next trilogy or whatever they do we get some good parkour and overall movement

    Watch Dogs 2 parkour for people who haven't played it https://youtu.be/7LvyvYXv6sA

    submitted by /u/TheyCallMeAkata
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed: Emu War cover art

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    Question to some History guys in here :Are this two fellows hessians? Because Their uniform is not blue like the other patriots

    Posted: 30 May 2021 05:15 AM PDT

    Notoriety should be dynamic, not all or nothing

    Posted: 30 May 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    I may be alone on this, but I more or less liked the notoriety system in AC2, ACB, etc. It gave you the sense the things you did actually mattered in the world.

    On the other hand, I also think notoriety in those games was somewhat artificial. Either you were notorious or you weren't. Really, I think notoriety should be dynamic. And by that I mean, if you kill 4-5 guards, you shouldn't be instantly recognizable to guards, but guards should increase patrols in heavily guarded areas making it harder to complete missions. If you kill more, then you should become notorious and wanted.

    Mission objectives should also change to reflect notoriety levels. i.e. Some targets should go into hiding in fortresses rather than be out in the open like normal. Notoriety should alter gameplay dynamically. Of course all of this hinges somewhat on Ubi giving us a game in a densely populated area again...

    submitted by /u/quanticbolt
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey for the first time and I'm blown away

    Posted: 30 May 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    The world just feels so dynamic and alive and beautiful it's like no other game I've played. It might just be because this is the first proper open world next gen game I've played in a while. Are games like this now?

    submitted by /u/NoString113
    [link] [comments]

    I really wanna see an AC game that has level design like Hitman games.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    Recently, the games have been venturing into big, bloated open worlds which feel as deep as a puddle. I always thought that the black box missions (Unity and Syndicate) were the best parts of the entire franchise and if they could merge that with the dynamism of the Hitman games and level of detail. I think it could truly be a special game.

    submitted by /u/tyrone666999
    [link] [comments]

    I hate an element of how the investigations in AC Origins work.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    Basically when you find a key piece of evidence, the game won't let you investigate further. I'd like to know what were the other clues and how Bayek would comment them, but no, I can't. I also can't reset, or as far as I know replay it (like just the mission), so there's that.

    Edit: "were", not "we're".

    submitted by /u/Taramund
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to complete all optional objectives during missions in order to achieve 100% game completion?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    ETA: Sorry -- forgot to post the title. I am referring to the "IV: Black Flag" game!

    I accidentally skipped some optional objectives, namely the target practice with the pistol, in the beginning where you have to meet the governor.

    For example, the HUD will tell you to stay out of combat or win a target practice challenge.

    Just started playing not too long ago and it's the first in the series in a very long while for me.

    My goal is to get 100% completion or as close to that as possible -- on Nintendo Switch, if that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/DrPhilsPrizedParrot
    [link] [comments]

    Love how some pigeon coop and optional stealth objectives in a copy pasted mission are supposed to "bring back some assassin's Creed magic"

    Posted: 31 May 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    Where do you rank each Assassin's Creed?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 11:17 PM PDT

    I only wanted to make this post as I have a starkly different list then from what I've seen on the sub.

    1. Brotherhood (my favorite game of all time)
    2. AC2
    3. AC Rogue
    4. AC1
    5. Revelations
    6. AC Origins
    7. AC Blackflag
    8. Syndicate
    9. AC 3
    10. Unity
    11. Odyssey (I swear this game was made as a literal shitpost)
    12. Liberation (Basically 3 but much worse Imo)
    submitted by /u/e-hip
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite place in the new trip of Assassins creed?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    I just typed up a full rant about the leveling in origins and it got taken down so whats everyone's favorite area?

    Im playing Origins and played a bit of Odyssey but i would like to know everyones, personally mine is either memphis, alexandria or Fayium + the oasis. Giza is obviously cool but i had a really fun time in these areas and hope the next places i see are just as beautiful

    submitted by /u/KwipXD
    [link] [comments]

    AC syndicate is my favourite AC game among all

    Posted: 30 May 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    Syndicate really set itself apart from the rest of the games, by story, side quests and gameplay mechanics. I've seen most of the fans say the hook rope removed the assassin feels of the game, but I totally digged the mechanism. The side quests is one of the major factors which set this game apart. Overtaking blighter territories was one of my favourite side missions to do when I didnt want to do the main missions. And the story, I'd not say it's better than the Ezio trilogy, but is really up high compared to the rest games, with the relation of the twins and their different missions and ideologies.

    submitted by /u/Quadra16
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed: Pestilence (concept)

    Posted: 30 May 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    Random concept for a future game.

    The game takes place somewhere in Europe during the 14th century. This game will be set in an important and large city with an additional small wilderness area that players can explore. The emphasis will be on the city though. A huge, dirty medieval city. You'll walk through busy streets and sneak through dark narrow alleys, scale beautiful cathedrals, climb through windows and of course run and parkour your way across the rooftops. As the name and date implies this game will be set during the Black Death that swept through Europe and other parts of the world during the mid 14th century.

    In typical AC fashion the spin on history will be about the origins of the plague. Perhaps the Templars seized some Isu relic and used it to depopulate the world in order to remake it in their own image. The sickness spreads and eventually infects many Assassins and even Templars. Some of the Templars begin to question if they've gone too far. One of the Templars goes to you, an assassin, for help and it will be up to you to decide whether you trust them or not. The symbolism of this world would be pretty blunt. The desire for power causes all this death and inequality. Humans meddling in things they don't understand. Templars and lords living in their towers while the streets are full of dirt and death. And you are given the choice to create more death or find alternate means to reach a resolution.

    Gameplay will be toned down from previous entries. The game will be slower, darker and much more brutal. Combat will be heavily stealth based and your hidden blade will be your primary weapon along with a dagger or sword. As the game progresses you will grow your arsenal of concealable deadly weapons. Throwing knives, blow darts and so on. Abilities will remain but these too will be toned down. Maybe just a slow time ability and adrenaline boosts, that kind of stuff. No more feathered friend either, you will again rely on your own Eagle Vision. Dialogue options will be removed and there will be one set protagonist. The choices will come more from your actions not your words.

    More meaningful side content and to 100% the game would take about 80-100 hours. The plot itself being about 30-40 hours long with side quests, exploration, mini games, and treasure hunts rounding out the experience. This game would have a very dark and serious tone but of course there's always ways to add comedy. Maybe you find a farmer who lives alone and doesn't even know there's a plague going around. Humor could be found in environmental storytelling like Bethesda does in many of their games. Rework how the story is displayed. No more goofy animations and pseudo cutscenes. Main story parts will have pre-rendered cutscenes with brutal assassinations (if that's what you chose) and side content will be in-game, like Red Dead Redemption 2 for example.

    This will be a new look and feel for the franchise just like how Origins was seen as a reset for the series when it came out. It will be shift from over the top fantasy epics to visceral, down-to-earth drama and tragedy. You will mostly work alone and you will need to use strategy and stealth. Death will be all around you and you will feel vulnerable.

    It's a pretty basic concept but I just felt like writing something out. Share your thoughts and your own concepts.

    submitted by /u/norscar
    [link] [comments]

    AC1 PC Mute NPCs during cutscenes

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    I just wanted to replay AC1 on my PC for the gazillionth time.
    I was playing fine until I reached Damascus and the NPCs just don't talk during cutscenes. Save a citizen, they just move their arms and the bodyguards spawn. The rest of the game works fine, it's just about the audio.
    I read something about switching Audio from 5:1 to Stereo, but idk where to do it cause there's no such option in-game and I'm not sure where to look in my PC.

    submitted by /u/KingStrijder
    [link] [comments]

    How can I enable 60fps on Valhalla(PS5)?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    I recently bought a PS5, but when I start up Valhalla and I go to settings -> screen I dont see the performance mode / graphics mode option. I am on version 1.21. Can someone help me and has anybody else encountered the same problem?

    submitted by /u/VenomPool9
    [link] [comments]

    Just out of Interest. of the main protagonists of the series. who would you say is canonically the strongest/most powerful/skilled Assassin

    Posted: 30 May 2021 01:20 AM PDT

    For arguments sake lets exclude Kassandra and Alexios. Odyssey went all out with the Mythology and by the end of the game your character is using the weapons of the gods and riding an immortal flaming horse. it doesn't seem fair to pit them against Ezio or Connor.

    submitted by /u/AlsoPrtyProductive
    [link] [comments]

    Some secondary quests marked as undone

    Posted: 30 May 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    I completed all secondary activities of all the regions on the map a while ago, and today, after finally caving in and buying the dlc thanks to the sale on the store. When I launched the game i've noticed that a few of those ( especially the ̶i̶n̶f̶u̶r̶i̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶ tedious stone stacking ones) are marked as not done again. I even tried reloading a past save and same thing. WTF ?! Did that happened to anyone else

    submitted by /u/MyrdwinsBeard
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone help me identify this outfit? I know it's from Odyssey, but that's all I know. Images attached.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    I have no idea which outfit this is, but I know it's from Odyssey. Can someone help me identify it? It looks really cool. The images are from jayvee's YouTube video, "Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimately Disappointed Me". Link to the video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSEX4vZIck, if someone wants to check it out. The outfit first appears at 18:06, and is interspersed with footage from Origins and Valhalla.

    I mean, come on. Tell me that isn't a sexy outfit. It looks quiet and polished. Is it a single armour set, or something put together using pieces from different sets?

    Looks pretty...rad, as the kids say these days.

    https://preview.redd.it/ta2tea0ro9271.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=672efe0df141aeaa38fad9cf057eabc7a2b214b5

    submitted by /u/deltahawk15
    [link] [comments]

    New to the Assassin's Creed series, having some trouble understanding something about the plot?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    I know that the premise for the AC games is some researchers investigating about certain people that lived in a very specific time period by using the Animus. What I don't understand is what is their purpose with this, who created those machines and how are the different protagonists of the games connected to each other? Also, does the person who uses the Animus just see through a person's memories? Or do they have free will to act?

    submitted by /u/Undesirable_11
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help with Game-Breaking Bug in Wrath of the Druids

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    I am playing Wrath of the Druids and am stuck on the mission "Courting the Kings."

    In the mission, my current goal is to "Secure the Prison." It looks like I can't complete the objective, because a final enemy has spawned inside a rock outside the prison structure, and I can't defeat him/get him out of the rock. This is preventing me from moving forward in the DLC. I've added a YouTube link to what I am seeing.

    Has anyone experienced this bug? Anyone able to advise on how to move forward? Unfortunately all my manual/auto saves are inside this part of the mission and I can't restart the mission.

    submitted by /u/jrkantelis
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner over here , discussion about the map and side quests.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    I only played odyssey and I loved it so much. especially the side quests .and recently bought Valhalla and i am still 4 hours into game . but I don't see the map have that much side quests as odyssey . also the map is very small compared to odyssey. i have just landed at England and still the map is very small.

    can someone who played the whole game prove me wrong?

    submitted by /u/Momo-Django
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment