• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 18, 2021

    Assassin's Creed I just completed my Valhalla weapons set.

    Assassin's Creed I just completed my Valhalla weapons set.


    I just completed my Valhalla weapons set.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    (Spoilers Wrath of the Druids) This DLC is the epitome of good ideas not being taken advantage of

    Posted: 17 May 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    Wrath of the Druids is seething with potential on every single angle - the new gameplay elements were actually pretty good ideas, the story had promise and the characters caught my interest. The problem? all of it seems to be done at such a skeletal level, so I may aswell get started

    • This is probably my only note relating to gameplay, but I loved the concept behind the trading posts - though not much could be done around them. The upgrading for each one is pretty much the same and the rewards given are all pretty identical - there was serious potential to organize resources at a regional level, maybe even link it to Ravensthorpe. Every trade post also should have had a set of specializations and a particular set of resource quotas and goals needed to be reached, depending on the location.
    • The story had a lot of great ideas - though I figured I would start with Flann, as a figure he makes some clear development - the problem? We don't see a lot of it. I like where he starts and I love where he ends up, though I wanted to see more of him initially mistrusting his men then after lending his ear a little too much, after finally understanding his deeper role in all this. There was promise, but his arc felt like it was jumped across rather than organically flowing.
    • Everything to do with Barid and his son were conceptually awesome - my literal only complaint with Barid is the fact that we didn't see him interact with his son much nor do we see his son exactly react to the situation around him and develop the perspective he did during the end. Barid's overall arc is great, and I like the slow reveal of his, actually clever, ways - though his son felt largely out of the picture till the end. I didn't like that.
    • The Order of the Ancients should've played a role - and I actually know how that could've easily been implemented. Eogan should've been the sole member of the order in the DLC, his secretive nature needed to be fleshed out more, missions increasing your suspicion should've been there and a misdirection should be in play - as your suspicion grows you find out that Eogan isn't a cultist, but rather, a member of the order - and his whole shtick is about manipulating the cult into activating Lia Fail.
    • Caira was awesome as both a love interest and character. That being said, there should've been A LOT more not only towards romancing her, but also towards building a connection between her and Eivor. There looked like a real opportunity here, Lia Fail is obviously a POE of some kind, as such, Caira is effectively a vessel fo some kind. Being Odin's sage, basically, Eivor would understand what its like feeling like a part of something bigger and having this different perspective, and that aspect could've particularly played a reason to why the two characters connected (and that's along with more displays of chemistry via optional romance stuff).
    • Lastly, I like that Eivor is more or less a flat (flat as in remaining the same - not boring, Eivor was not boring during the DLC) character here - though if this DLC should've done anything, its that it should've at least gotten her thinking about the Hidden Ones a bit more - particularly if she discovers that the order of ancients is truly everywhere (as it would in this version via Eogan)

    Generally speaking the changes and extra points i'm bringing up won't change the outcome of the story - it would change some beats and alter how things end a little bit through Eogan being a member of the Order. Though most of this plot would've remained in tact and the character arcs would remain the same. Wrath of the Druids let me down - though mostly cause it rushed through, and didn't simmer in between some really good ideas and it missed a couple of seemingly obvious, but imo beneficial decisions.

    submitted by /u/KayRay1994
    [link] [comments]

    I repainted my altair figure

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    (Spoilers) About the certain woman in Wrath of the Druids DLC

    Posted: 18 May 2021 12:54 AM PDT

    I'm talking about Deirdre, Ciara friend.

    When you do amber sun quest for the spear. She seems to know something about Eivor as Odin (Wodin) reincarnation (she even ask if Eivor remember Balor).

    Do you think she somehow a sage of Irish Isu? And Balor also isu but from another group that fight odin in the past?

    Balor also call Eivor as Fjolnir which can be another name of odin.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/kirbyruby
    [link] [comments]

    What are people's issue with Odyssey?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    I notice some people have a disliking towards this game, usually something along the lines of it not being an AC game. I just started playing and really enjoy it. Granted I'm not an AC veteran by any means, I've only ever played the original, black flag, and origins and never finished any all the way through. What do people mean when they say it's "not an AC game"?

    submitted by /u/arcticbuzz
    [link] [comments]

    I'm liking Valhalla a LOT more than I thought I would

    Posted: 18 May 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    I'm a big fan of all of the older AC games, I couldn't get through Origins, I enjoyed Odyssey a bit more, but I'm loving Valhalla! The story arcs are keeping me hooked, I love the writing, and the game is so much better than I thought it would be. The raids and battles are so brutal and epic, its so much fun storming camps with your clan and burning down villages.

    Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest haha. If you're on the fence about playing it, I say give it a shot

    submitted by /u/Passion4Kitties
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite Tomb-Mission?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    As the title states, I am curious. This goes for any game in the series. My personal favorites are the first one you do in Venice (Riddles of ___) and honestly any of the ones in Revelations as they are all such fantastic set pieces.

    submitted by /u/Runch72
    [link] [comments]

    Avenge deaths after update 1.2.1?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    Has anyone successfully forced these quests to appear after this update? Yes I have seen the hundreds of posts and videos from january about the farm in east anglia but after doing it for 2 hours I gave up, it simply isn't happening. I assume things have changed in the last four months making the method ineffective

    submitted by /u/Rammstone8
    [link] [comments]

    For all the completionists out there, how long did it take for you guys to 100% complete the AC games ?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 03:59 PM PDT

    Just curious, really.

    I 100% completed the newer ACs, meaning Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla and all the DLCs, which means i completed all main and side missions, got all the collectibles, synced with all viewpoints and all of that stuff.

    It took me 120 hours to complete Origins, 154 hours to complete Odyssey and 197 Hours to complete Valhalla.

    I also got all of the achievements/trophies for them, but i never really cared about that. It was a just a consequence of trying to 100% these games.

    What about you guys ?

    submitted by /u/noxsanguinis
    [link] [comments]

    Confession: I prefer to play on easy and be OP than to deal with the combat system.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 02:33 AM PDT

    This isn't strictly about Valhalla, and not even strictly about Assassin's Creed only.

    I just hate this kind of 'Souls' combat. I hate how it enforces the idea that mind-numbing repetition is somehow difficult. Slash-dash-slash, with a few (mostly weird) special moves you can do a few times. Repeat this until you chip away enough points from the enemy and you win. You find one new enemy type? It's only fresh the first time, you realize immediately every single one will perform the exact same moves every time you meet them, regardless of how many enemies you fight, weapons you use, or terrain. There is absolutely zero need for planning, there is no variety in your fights, it's just about numbers and memorizing a couple of attack animations.

    But maybe I would suck it up and play through it if it at least looked like a 10/10, cinema level action scene. But even visually, it's hideous to look at. Characters perform humanly impossible moves, animations are horrible, I remember Origins even had some weird effect following your sword's strike, as if it was some bloody anime.

    If I could press a button and erase one thing in gaming, it would be this misconception that repetition and arbitrary numbers are complex and difficult. Kingdom Come Deliverance is hard. Unity is hard. Valhalla is just wasting my time.

    I rather be OP and cruise through the story and the few side activities I like than put up with this combat.

    submitted by /u/TheSerpentLord
    [link] [comments]

    Long time veterans of the franchise, what do you think of the direction the new games are headed?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    I really want to have a genuine discussion with people who have been playing this game since the original Assassin's Creed. The more far we drift away from it, the less it becomes about Assassin's and their fight and more about 'just' exploring a certain time period.

    submitted by /u/SirAmpersand
    [link] [comments]

    I finished Assassin's Creed Unity and I surprisingly.........enjoyed it alot

    Posted: 18 May 2021 12:47 AM PDT

    So I breezed through AC Unity alot faster than I thought I would. Tbh I went into it expecting the game to be bad because of all the preconceived notions I had of it. After finishing the main story I am glad to say I really enjoyed it. The game world of Paris was absolutely breathtaking. Character models and the environment were honestly the best in the series IMO, even now. The story was interesting, I thought Arno was a great protagonist, and the star-crossed lovers angle they went with him as an Assassin and Elise as a Templar was done well IMO. The gameplay and customization options were great, you really could make Arno the kind of assassin YOU wanted to be. The variety of side activities were great. The heist missions are a ton of fun and the blackbox approach to assassinations is refreshing. Honestly Unity feels like the perfect blend of classic Assassin's Creed with RPG-like elements. I think Unity is probably my 3rd favorite of the series behind the Ezio Trilogy and Black Flag. Now I'm off to start AC Syndicate.

    submitted by /u/claytalian
    [link] [comments]

    If you had a hidden blade, what extra gadget would it have?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    Like how Arno has his crossbow, Ezio had his hidden gun, and Jacob/Evie have their rope launcher. What would your gadget be?

    submitted by /u/pj_mc26
    [link] [comments]

    Am missing something at the start of Origins?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 02:27 PM PDT

    I just started origins and it starts of with main character and his Wife? Seeing the pharaoh and then cuts one year to main character killing someone, did i miss something or should i have known something going in

    submitted by /u/KwipXD
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla - New "FREE" Rewards ( Black Raven and Mystical Settlement Packs, Vinland Raven, Jackdaw Naval Pack)

    Posted: 17 May 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    Replayed Origins after completing Valhalla and I can't help but be disappointed in Valhalla

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Running on the same core engine, it seems astonishing to me that Origins stealth (excluding social stealth) is so much better than Valhalla. In addition, every treasure/bandit area in Origins seems constructed to accommodate stealth gameplay. You can complete virtually every location undetected in Origins. I can't help but be massively disappointed in Valhalla for this shortfall, considering a game from 3 years ago on the same engine had it down.

    The other thing that stood out to me was the combat was way more engaging. This in particular surprised me since there's no fun combat abilities in Origins. The parry system is so well done and there's so many memorable boss fights.

    Anyway I can't help but feel Origins is a way better game, although I did really like some elements of Valhalla. Where does everyone here stand on the Valhalla v Origins debate?

    submitted by /u/CareOfCell44
    [link] [comments]

    FPS Boost makes Ezio Collection perfect

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:32 PM PDT

    I've been on the edge to replay the Ezio trilogy and with the recent fps boost i finally pulled the trigger, damn these games are awesome. Currently on brotherhood right now, but im surprised on how well these games play and feel. I remember going to rent ac2 when it was released, got so hyped with the carnival party demo.

    submitted by /u/ukkosz
    [link] [comments]

    Who else hopes the new AC game will revolve around Shao Jun?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    Recently I went to see Raya and the Last Dragon in theaters and it made me think of something... WHY IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER OF UNDERSTANDING DOESN'T SHAO JUN HAVE A MAINLINE ENTRY IN THE SERIES!?!?

    Ubisoft have so many characters that still have potential for sequels (Bayek, Edward, Arno and Connor) or new mainline entries (Shao Jun, Arbaaz Mir) but they continue to waste their time on characters like the Frye Twins or Alexios/Kassandra.

    I seriously hope the new AC game will ditch the RPG formula and give us a great game with a good story and good gameplay.

    By the way, I know RATLD was a weird place to get this idea from but Raya just made me think of Shao Jun.

    submitted by /u/Daddy_JK
    [link] [comments]

    Can AC Origins DLC/Season Pass be "shared" between accounts on PS4?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I really enjoyed AC Origins and I was thinking of getting the season pass. However, my brother also plays this game, on a different account but on the same console. If I buy the season pass on my account, would my brother be able to play the DLC on his account?

    I know this is possible on most games, but I have had some problems with Ubisoft DLC in the past, hence why I'm asking you if you have any experience with this.

    Thanks in advance, stay safe

    submitted by /u/phillips_99
    [link] [comments]

    Why is stealth so bad in ac Valhalla?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 12:56 AM PDT

    I just played a bit of warth of the new expansion and got the smoke arrows which don't really work. I for example used it on a group of three guards thinking i could assasinate each one without being spotted but after getting the first guard eivor for whatever reason got into open Combat with the guards despite the smoke not having disappeared yet.

    The mechanics not working properly is not the only problem though.

    Some just don't make any sense for example the ability to have a raven distract a guard.

    Imagine you're hiding in some brushes and there's a guard facing you and you want to distract him.

    Im ac origins you'd switch to senu aim at the target and press a key.

    But in Valhalla you need to expose yourself by drawing your bow and arrow and then press the assigned key. What will likely happen you get spotted by him while being exposed. Why even bother with distracting the guard instead of just shooting him.

    Which brings me the third issue. Why do i have to expose myself while shooting an arrow? Why can't eivor shoot from the thicket without standing up? Fixing that would also fix the raven distraction.

    For a game that was advertised as having more opportunities for stealth again this is pretty lacking especially if you consider that assassin's Creed origins had even without social stealth a far better stealth system.

    I really hope Ubi is reworking this.

    submitted by /u/Am11r189
    [link] [comments]

    I really like the stealth in Assassin's Creed Valhalla

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    So am I one of the few that actually likes the stealth in AC Valhalla? All I'm reading on this subreddit is an intense hatred (or mild displeasure) of the stealth mechanics that are implemented. In other words, many people think stealth sucks in the latest instalment of Assassin's Creed. After 30 hours of playing, I can safely say I completely disagree with this. For the record: I play this game on Master difficulty (exploration, combat and stealth), just to give a better picture of my experience. Also, the last AC I've played was AC 4: Black Flag, just to give you an idea.

    For one, I really love it that guards aren't inept fools that only see for like 1 meter in front of their nose. They actually spot you when you're openly behaving like a weirdo, or when you're entering locations you're obviously not supposed to enter. It really makes it a challenge and forces you to take your time and choose the optimal route. Of course there are the usual bugs that kind of ruin this, but they have been far and in between to really bother me at all.

    Also, the many ways you have to enhance your stealth experience is just great. The first time entering the town of Ledecestre was a treat and I really felt accomplished when I finally entered the town unseen using the drunk people and the monks, but also trying to blend in by using groups of people and using the benches to hide myself from prying eyes. It gave me the feeling of the first AC, but with way more opportunities and variety. Scaling the defenses of a heavily guarded fortress and taking down the big crossbows while using my crow, sleep arrows, headshots and wall assassinations was very exhilarating to me.

    Which brings me to my last point: you aren't a God. You can't just hunker down in a bush and shoot the guards down one by one and own the place (at least, not at Master level). You have to use your head and bide your time for the right opportunities. You are very mortal and very easily spotted, but you can reset the alert mode easily by just running out of town, so you can try it again after a short period of time.

    I know the stealth isn't perfect. There are still the usual bugs, the dumb enemies and a (for as far as I know) lack of directly carrying your victim around after assassinating (which is just plain annoying, since I have to wait a few seconds before I can carry a dead person, which just leaves me exposed. Far Cry did this way better in my opinion). But to me, it isn't as bad as everyone is portraying it here. it's one of the most fun stealth games I've played in a while and I don't even run around as a stealth build. I hope some people can agree with me on this...

    submitted by /u/Klikoman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment