• Breaking News

    Monday, May 17, 2021

    Assassin's Creed AC Unity, a 2014 game, is still really impressive

    Assassin's Creed AC Unity, a 2014 game, is still really impressive


    AC Unity, a 2014 game, is still really impressive

    Posted: 16 May 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    So, I'm playing AC Unity for the first time and I can't help but be perplexed at how good it looks. As a 2014 game, this blows my mind.. Massive bustling crowds, accessible interiors, realistic lighting, brilliant facial animation and the overall attention to detail on the architecture is incredible. I'm even impressed by the performances and voice acting, which feels sophisticated and well written. It almost feels like Ubisoft were really ambitious with this game. What do others think? I'm aware that this got a backlash at launch, due to bugs and performance. Sounds similar to a certain CDPR game... But with the patches installed, I've had no issues so far.

    submitted by /u/SnowmanMofo
    [link] [comments]

    A funny little thing about Basim's behavior. Spoiler ahead.

    Posted: 16 May 2021 02:18 AM PDT

    Early in the game, when you're still in Norway and under Harald's truce, Sigurd repeatedly tells Eivor not to make any trouble and not start a fight with Gorm. It clearly worries him that his brother may create a scandal, and he tells Basim to keep an eye on him and make sure he stays out of trouble.

    And what is the very first thing Basim does immediately after Sigurd leaves? Teaches him how to avoid the guards and meet Gorm alone. It made me smile while replaying the game, because this is the most 'Loki' thing Basim could have possibly done.

    80.000 years later and man's still a trickster.

    submitted by /u/TheSerpentLord
    [link] [comments]

    If ubi really make a F2P AC, I will finally be giving up on the franchise.

    Posted: 16 May 2021 10:50 PM PDT

    As someone who has been with AC ever since the beginning in 2007 and has loved every game until (until Odyssey), including 3, Unity, and Syndicate, I was very disappointed and even sad when ubi decided to go with an RPG formula. Not because I don't like RPGs, I love them. Not even because I think that RPG mechanics aren't suited for AC, which I do think. My main reason is a much more important one. AC's old formula is one of the very few that are a genre by itself. If you have an itch for that kind of gameplay and presentation, there is nowhere else you can go. You have to go to AC, because there is no other game like it. This means that, when they changed the formula, they killed a whole genre. And this means that I, as a person who does have that itch, will never be able to scratch it with a new game ever again, unless they go back to that formula. I can only do that with old games that I have played dozens of times already.

    Despite that, I didn't abandon the franchise when Origins came out, because I still had hope, maybe naively, that one day they will return to the old formula. Not the least of all because that formula CAN be implemented into an RPG game. Not an RPG that is as heavily based on stats as all of the AC RPGs are, but an RPG kind of like Ghost of Tsushima, which would be a nice middle ground, I think.

    However, I don't know if I can keep up the hope if they make the game into a F2P because, at that point, even if they return to the old formula, it wouldn't matter, cuz the game is gonna be a shit F2P game anyway. So if that happens, Ubisoft will have betrayed a loyal fan of almost 15 years and I will give up on the franchise.

    submitted by /u/TStoynov
    [link] [comments]

    Wrath of the druids is a good expansion but more of the same.

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    I finished the dlc yesterday,took me 25 hours to do everything,I enjoyed it but I wasn't blown away by it in any form,the trading mechanics were far too simple and easy to get,the enemies are pretty much the same types even though there are "new" ones,more hallucinations including some wild bosses and a beautiful map that looks more or less the same as England, pretty fun but sadly more of the same,it doesn't take risks and it's story is nothing special.

    Sidenote,I appreciate how much armour sets they put in this though,most of them look great too,ohh and the Sickles are fun!,all in all I hope the Paris siege one to be a lot better in every aspect.

    submitted by /u/hardcorejenkins
    [link] [comments]

    Eivor in Graphite (2021), Work in Progress

    Posted: 16 May 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    A small thing I found funny, Al-tair ibn 'ahad means

    Posted: 16 May 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    Okay, ill break it down:

    • Al Tair: the way the say it makes it feel like they meant Al Tayer(الطاير ), which means (lit.)"The fly", which can be rounded off to as "Some who can fly". We know that "Some one who can fly" is a f***ing pilot, there fore "Al Tayer" means "the pilot".
    • Ibn: "Ibn" means "son of" easy as cake.
    • La: "la" means no. (i know, i know, there can be other meanings, but the literal translation is "no")
    • 'Ahad: " 'Ahad" means one, the number 1.

    There fore we can assume that the Name "Al-Tayer Ibn La-'Ahad" means "the pilot son of no one"

    Which is very funny.

    submitted by /u/CampaignAwkward
    [link] [comments]

    Raise your hands if you bought AC Unity in 2014 and felt crushed when people hated it for it's bugs and failed to see it's beauty

    Posted: 16 May 2021 11:41 PM PDT

    I'm among the fans who bought Unity during launch and saw PAST the bugs, recognized it as one of the best in the series for it's well executed combat, stealth , ambiance and being bold for being ahead of it's times.. BUT faced lot of flak from people who just labelled it as a BAD game because of its bugs . Unity was a step in the right direction, Syndicate was 2 steps back. Origins was 1 step ahead. And then yeaaa 3 steps back.

    submitted by /u/VeterinarianTight102
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Assassin's Creed Valhalla Complete Post Launch Guide

    Posted: 16 May 2021 11:18 PM PDT

    This is a complete guide of missions and post-launch content being added to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and will be updated as content is rolled out. Please note that most content is available after reaching England and completing one arc there, and if the requirement is different, will be noted with the content name. Any important choices will be listed. Legend of Beowulf and Way of the Berserker can be played at any point, though it is recommended that Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris (when released) are played after completing the main story. For a complete breakdown of base game story moments and missions, please see THIS guide.

    Please note that I will not be documenting Microtransactions, and Legendary Weapons are only special weapons added to the game by free post-launch content or DLC.

    Currently, there are:

    • 3 Post Launch Events
      • Containing 18 missions
      • 1 Event is permanent, with the other 2 being seasonal content not currently available.
    • 3 DLC
      • Containing 3 Arcs
        • With 24 total missions

    POST LAUNCH (FREE) EVENT GUIDE

    Ravensthorpe - Yule Festival - NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE - LIMITED TIME EVENT

    • Cow Catcher
    • The Case of the Missing Ale
    • Yule Brawl
    • Braun's Folly
    • Twirling Targets

    Notes: Yule Brawl, Braun's Folly, and Twirling Targets could be replayed infinitely for Yule Tokens. This event is not currently available, though.

    England Rivers - River Raids - Level 130 to appear, your level + 5 - Permanent Post Launch Event

    • A River to Raid
    • The Legend of Saint George
    • Treasures of River Exe
    • Treasures of River Severn
    • Treasures of River Dee
    • The Sword of Saint George

    Notes: To access River Dee, you must find the clues in River Exe and Severn, which I found in the northeast corner.

    Ravensthorpe - Ostara Festival - NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE - LIMITED TIME EVENT

    • Let's Hunt
    • Let's Get Festive
    • The May Queen
    • Spiritual Defense
    • Viking Brawl
    • Braun's Folly
    • Twirling Targets

    Notes: Viking Brawl, Braun's Folly, and Twirling Targets could be replayed infinitely for Ostara Tokens.

    DLC MISSION GUIDE

    East Anglia - Legend of Beowulf - Level 55 - DLC

    • A Fiend out of Hell
    • Prey in the High Hall
    • Ever As Fate Must

    Choices: N/A

    East Anglia - The Way of the Berserker - Level 55 - DLC

    • The Mysterious Berserker
    • The Ritual of the Berserker
    • The Vengeance of the Berserker

    Choices: N/A

    Ireland - Wrath of the Druids - Level 55 - DLC

    • Irish Trade
    • Irish Adventure
    • Blood Bond
    • Snaring Thorstein
    • Rathdown Build Up
    • Flann over Ireland
    • A Show of Character
    • War Efforts
    • Gathering Strength
    • Foothold in Connacht
    • Potion of Blood
    • Into the Fog
    • The Northern Reach
    • Courting the Kings
    • The Mask of Diplomacy
    • The Wages of War
    • A Scourging of Snakes
    • The Cost of Betrayal

    Choices: During the main story you will meet Ciara. You have the option to romance her, though this has no effect on the story. There are two DLC endings, and only the choice at the very end will determine whether Ciara lives or dies, though this has no effect on the DLC epilogue.

    France - The Siege of Paris - NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE - DLC

    ROMANCE GUIDE

    Ireland - Ciara - (Female)

    • During the main story, you select the two romance heart options and you will seduce her.

    LEGENDARY WEAPONS

    Ireland - Gae Bolg

    • Kill all Children of Danu and give their shards to Deidre. After a boss fight, the weapon is yours.
    submitted by /u/nstav13
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a barber/tattooist in Ireland?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    I know there is the blacksmith & general trader in Dublin, but I couldn't find anywhere for hairstyles and tattoos. Just want to know if I have to travel back to Ravensthorpe every time or not.

    Cheers for any answers!

    submitted by /u/ReckfulAbandon
    [link] [comments]

    I like Valhalla and the ancient trilogy, but I also like the traditional games. Why should we have to choose? Ubisoft should just make both.

    Posted: 16 May 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    This just makes sense to me. The AC RPGs are just getting better and better with them experimenting on different things. However, I seriously miss the older style of games and hope for them to come back. I'd be completely fine if Ubisoft continued making these time-period RPGs's whether they are AC or not, and also released traditional AC games alongside them. I'd buy both! Dedicating one studio to make each type of game would allow them to focus on each type and improve them drastically after each release, and it would also allow them to fully lean into one side of the audience without trying to satisfy both types of players.

    What do you guys think of this?

    submitted by /u/madden2000
    [link] [comments]

    Fans Have Translated All Of The Native American Dialogue In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

    Posted: 16 May 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    Why suddenly all the love for Unity?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    Unity is a good game I get it, but you gotta admit that there is not much story or gameplay in itself, as with all the other AC game, after the main quest line everything else doesn't take as much time. the story of the mission were meh, character development was good.

    On another note, I don't think you can compare Valhalla with Unity, the structure of the game had completely shifted and changed Valhalla should be compared with odyssey or origin, as they belong to the new generation assassin creed play style

    So all this comparison ultimately narrow down to one thing, do you prefer the NEW gen AC play style or the OLD gen AC play style. Because only when you compare this two game like this then there is a basis of comparison. Unity vs Valhalla is just a bad comparison, what basis are you comparing on, the integrity of story? The development of character? The writing of the logic of the story? The expansion of the AC universe? The combat system? A lot of the post or comment seems to neglect this basis of comparison and jump towards "yeah I don't like the way Valhalla/unity plays, so the other one is shit"

    For every voice against/for Valhalla there is a voice against that voice

    So yeah

    I am really keen to see when people start comparing them on a fair spectrum. I personally love both game, so I had no idea what you guys are talking about

    submitted by /u/Kare_0225
    [link] [comments]

    Length and content of Valhalla vs Odyssey

    Posted: 16 May 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    I'm about to finish up Odyssey and the DLC and while it has been interesting it was really long. There was so many points of interest and the map was so huge. About halfway through the game I just downloaded cheat engine and turned on OHKO but even then there was still a lot to do. I can't imagine how long it'd take if I actually snuck around or fought everyone like normal.

    Up until now I've played each AC game and I love the series. I probably won't start Valhalla any time soon but I was wondering how it compared to Odyssey in terms of content and time. Is the map just as huge? Do fights take just as long? Are there still a million points of interest?

    submitted by /u/iselphy
    [link] [comments]

    Wrath of Druids, no music

    Posted: 16 May 2021 05:14 AM PDT

    Same bug as always, still not addressed - I am running around Ireland and hear no music, only footsteps of Eivor and general ambient. Do you think Ubi ever acknowledge this bug and allow music to be played constantly, not every ~10 minutes?

    submitted by /u/raptoos
    [link] [comments]

    Is Valhalla as much of a Grind as Odyssey?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    I didn't play Origins much so I don't really know anything about it but I have 63 hours in Odyssey despite never really liking the story. My main problem with Odyssey is that it was way too much of a grind for me. At maybe 50-55 hours I unlocked the arena and leveling up was way too hard (for me). I really like the idea of Valhalla because I love the Vikings and the brutality but my main problem is that I don't want to buy the game for $66 with the gold edition on sale right now and then never play because of how much of a grind it is. Thanks for responses in advance!

    submitted by /u/SoupiestSiege10
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] After loving Origins and Odyssey so much, Valhalla DID disappoint me

    Posted: 16 May 2021 03:33 AM PDT

    First of all, I am a huge history fan (for the past 2 years) and love the AC Franchise. I have played and completed every single cannon game of the series (except Black Flag and Rogue) and RPG trilogy, although some people hate it for being a non-classic AC style, I adore them because of their sheer size and exploration.

    So I finished Origins and Odyssey and was super excited for the next installment. I wasn't much into Vikings though, but still, I was hyped when it was announced. The first few hours were quite engaging for me I must say...the story, setting, graphics, settlement, etc. and Reminded me of Skyrim (those Jarls, kingdoms, snow map, etc.) and I thought I am going to enjoy nonetheless. Instead, halfway I ended up getting lost. Even left playing it for a few weeks, but got back just because I had to finish what I had started.

    The very first issue I found was the lack of a vivid and strong historical narrative. Of course, people who belong to England or know about the Viking raids of Britain would have enjoyed the historical settings, but for someone like me, it wasn't as engaging as the mysterious Pyramids and deserts of Origins or the mythical Greek of Odyssey. In fact, the only few things I knew were Stonehenge and Hadrian's Wall, which of course don't have much significance in the game.

    Talking about characters, I loved how they developed the main supporting characters like Sigurd, Randvi, Haytham, sons of Ragnar but almost every character like Soma, Eadwyn, Guthrum had little or no significance except in their short quest arc and appearing in the final battles helping Eivor (Even the deaths didn't leave much of an emotional impact as it should have in such a long game). I guess the separation of every region as a single separate arc was the reason and I don't know if it should be blamed.

    About the story, as I said, felt engaging until those peace ties arcs for different regions began. The story of Sigurd himself ended blatantly. He was at one point showing signs of being the main villain and all of a sudden decides Eivor should sit on the throne. I know the reasons were presented but it felt either rushed or disbelieving. And don't you talk about the final twist with Alfred. It absolutely pissed me as it felt as if everything I did in the game was pointless. I even believed that somehow we'll be heading back to Rygjafylke around the end where Sigurd's father and King Harald would play a major role in something some way.

    About the in-game changes, it's pointless to even mention how the skill tree sucked and the redundant eagle vision, although tolerable and made the game challenging, was not at all required I guess. I just despised how lifeless the map was being presented and after playing Odyssey's cool real-life terrain map, it was nothing but a downgrade.

    Asgard was a sheer disappointment. And Joutenhiem, I don't even want to remember that place. Vinland was ... pointlessly absurd too.

    And lastly, about the Present Day, I don't know why is nobody talking about the graphical downgrade of Layla and co. from the past couple of games. From the very beginning I felt she looked different (not talking about looks but the facial scan, hair, everything downgraded), her actions (motion capture) absurd and it felt like they added and rushed the Present Day part only a few months before the release.

    Things I loved: Less loot, so less going to the merchant and selling the same 100 weapons/attires like in Odyssey. The sidequest system (mysteries) was really cool, unique, and nonrepetitive. Graphics and open-world detail are something that should get praise.

    EndNote: This is constructive criticism of mine and I DON'T HATE Valhalla but I didn't love it either. I guess most of my experience is because of me loving Origins and Odyssey so much. I am sure someone who hasn't played these two would enjoy Valhalla like a mad lad. In the meanwhile I will go back to Origins, and then Odyssey, to relieve them both again. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/rajat20rana
    [link] [comments]

    Historic Accyracy of Assassin's Creed Franchise

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:30 PM PDT

    What has been the coolest historic or geographic fact or data you've learned from playing AC?

    And/or:

    When was a time you used data from the game irl?

    I am asking because a video I recently saw of an interview with an archeologist who was watching a blogger or someone take a tour through AC: Origins in which she points out how accurate the map is. Then O started studying info online about a city in AC: Valhalla and found a museum dedicated to that city with a ton of cool facts about the history of that city. I was never really curious about history to this level of detail but now I'm finding it quite entertaining.

    submitted by /u/nuveausapien
    [link] [comments]

    How do I see my progression in Assassins Creed Valhalla on Xbox?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 05:06 PM PDT

    Hello guys. I've wondered for weeks now how I am able to see my progression percentage in AC Valhalla on Xbox. Can't find it anywhere. I picked up Origins again lately and can't find it there too. Can someone help? Thank you

    submitted by /u/semanius
    [link] [comments]

    What was the original plan for modern day?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 02:01 PM PDT

    The main modern day story we know ended in AC3. Was this always the plan or was it cut short for another reason? I just learned the behind the scenes for why Lucy was killed off, because the voice actor wanted more money, but I'm wondering what was planned for the modern day early in development before it was axed.

    submitted by /u/chaamp33
    [link] [comments]

    Lost all the gear from the Yule Fest

    Posted: 16 May 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    I just starting playing Valhalla again after some time on a different game, downloaded the season pass to play the new DLC and when I got into the game all my gear that I had got from the Yule fest is gone. Has anyone else had this issue?

    submitted by /u/browerglass
    [link] [comments]

    Unless they introduce (even some highly superficial) survival mechanics, there is no reason at all for Assassins Creed to have a day/night cycle

    Posted: 16 May 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    It was really awesome to see this when I was a kid that only recently started gaming, but the more I grew, the more I realized this is a pointless gimmick for the vast majority of games. And for Assassins Creed in particular, Unity not having it showed what a massive negative effect the day/night cycle has on graphical fidelity.

    The only area where the cycle has some impact is guards' routine in camps (which are the new 'collect 100 feathers' anyway, but this is a whole different can of worms), but ultimately I think this is far to small of a detail, especially considering AC's less than stellar stealth system, and losing it would be more than acceptable.

    If there would be a survival mechanic, keeping track of your sleep, hunger, thirst, making these impact your stamina and health? Yeah, it would be pretty interesting and the game would then make sense to have days and nights. But otherwise? I'd rather the shadows on my face not look like a pixelated (crappy) sci-fi tattoo and look like actual shadows, than stare at the Moon.

    No idea how the community at large feels about this, but I would be thrilled to hear that AC ditches the day/night cycle.

    submitted by /u/TheSerpentLord
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] For fecks sake Ubisoft, I thought we complained enough about you not obscuring the Order of Ancients, now you feck up the Druids as well?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    So there have been numerous 1 posts 2 about 3 being able to see who the final Order of Ancients member is before they are revealed based off their clothes.

    And Ubisoft did the exact same thing in Wrath of the Druids, based on just the clothes alone and the fact that we previously encountered them.
    Who the heck thought that this was a good idea? At least in Odyssey they all wore masks.
    Image

    Aside from that its a decent DLC.

    (Cant seem to select a spoiler tag)

    Edit: seems like it took 9 or so hours for this to be approved....

    submitted by /u/Silveress_Golden
    [link] [comments]

    Hanky parkour in the later games

    Posted: 16 May 2021 01:11 PM PDT

    This is not a complaint, just an observation.

    I've been played AC since 2 and I'm a fan off the series.

    I feel like the best parkour, as in the most accurate and precise feeling, was 3 or maybe Unity. With 3 they ditched the need to hold A (or X or whatever) to parkour and with Unity they expanded on that by adding the X to up and O to down actions.

    To me it feels like since they went with a more Batman/Mordor style system of just holding X (or A) it's gotten messy. I'm playing through Valhalla currently and it can be frustrating climbing complex structures, as Eivor sometimes won't go up for some reason but other times leaps 10 feet in a direction I don't want him to go in. I remember similar issues with Origins and Odyssey but I replayed Syndicate recently and it felt much better. Still janky to an extent (even after all these games Ubisoft have never got it perfect) but smoother and more accurate.

    Is it just me not getting the feeling of the newest climbing system or do you guys feel the same?

    submitted by /u/pyromanta
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment