• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 21, 2021

    Assassin's Creed What is Ubisoft's issue with Longswords?

    Assassin's Creed What is Ubisoft's issue with Longswords?


    What is Ubisoft's issue with Longswords?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 11:09 AM PST

    I suspect there is somebody sneaking around in Ubisoft whose mission is to make longswords bigger, longer and thicker than they need to be or ever were. This is certainly the case in AC Valhalla, the rest of the weapons are not "that" oversized. It was like this for season after season in For Honor too and as soon as longswords came back to AC with a title like Valhalla, lo and behold it is 5 feet long and 2 feet thick.

    Feels like they go: this bearded axe is fine, this dane axe is ok, Longsword? Double the size, triple the width and make it 5 times as thick. Make it so if it falls on anybody it'll crash them and it could also double as a column in the longhouse.

    Why?

    submitted by /u/Summer1Man
    [link] [comments]

    I actually really liked Jacob Frye

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 05:46 AM PST

    Ok so, as the title says, I really enjoyed playing as Jacob and I wanted to rant about it so here we go

    So at the beginning of quarantine I needed some new video games. I already played most of the Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Call of Duty, and Battlefield games and I wanted a new franchise so I got Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I loved it and got Assassin's Creed III (which I also liked), and the Ezio Trilogy. I fell in love with the characters, stories, gameplay, and parkour elements and my love for the series began. My cousin had Syndicate and gave me it since he wasn't the biggest fan of the series and I went into the game with a very closed mind. I knew of the hate on the game, how bad the gameplay was and the parkour was and the antagonists and protagonists so I was already expecting to hate it

    Now I don't love Syndicate. It does a lot of things horribly wrong (*cough* the combat and skills *cough*) but I still think it was a pretty solid game. The gameplay was fine, the parkour was fun, the grappling hook or whatever you want to call it was actually really fun for me since I hated crossing those huge gaps in the cities of Assassin's Creed III, and I actually really enjoyed playing as Jacob

    Now here is where my rant starts. So for background, I've played all the major Assassin's Creed games up to Syndicate, so I have not played the RPG games (though I am planning on playing Origins) so I enjoyed all the games and liked all the characters (except Shay but that's another rant for another day). So when I was first playing as Jacob I didn't really like him. He was childish, not the smartest, and just weird. But as the game progressed I actually started to like him. With all the Assassin's Creed protagonists they have always been very "And then my dad and brother and sister and pet fish and dog died so now I'm depressed" and if you do that with one or two characters it's fine and exciting but if Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, and Arno all have that same routine it gets a bit boring and it loses the same flair that it used to. Don't get me wrong I love all those characters but I just thought they were always like too based on the fact they have a bad childhood (except Ezio he is written very well and his backstory works very well with him)

    With Jacob, he just seems like an average dude. He isn't "The best pirate to sail the seas" or the "Wisest of men to ever live" or anything like that. He is just an Englishman with a tophat who wants to liberate London for the better of mankind. And Jacob's sense of humour gets on the nerves of some people from what I have heard but I actually liked it a little bit. It was childish and goofy and stupid and it, at least for me, seemed just kind of fun. Like Jacob was just trying to lighten the mood in a real and human way, like when he was making fun of Evie and Henry for being around each other a lot, it seemed fun and natural and something that siblings would do. Jacob was also an extreme badass, like the combat in Syndicate was embarrassing and boring but Jacob just had this flair to him that was just really cool when he was fighting

    So if you hate Jacob, I understand why. If you like him, me too. This is my opinion and I just wanted to go on a quick rant about why I thought Jacob was cool and fun

    submitted by /u/FishGuy2627
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to Dynamic Crowd interactions?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 11:56 AM PST

    I was playing Valhalla today, and the lack of crowd interactions was really standing out to me. Running around naked causes no unique crowd reactions. Killing guards barely spooks civilians. In this image I assassinated a regular guard in front of two civilians and they just stood there and then calmly walked off. Right next to that were two men on a bench and I got into a sword fight with a wolf and two enemies. These NPCs did not move at all. So I started aiming my bow at them and other people, and no one reacted to be brandishing a bow, sword, or aiming an arrow at them. Most streets were damn near empty save for a few scripted NPCs dancing around the city of Jorvik. In the amphitheater I stood in the middle of a fire, taking damage and lighting myself on fire. Did NPCs react? Nope. Did NPCs react while I climbed on the table and did a little jig while on fire on their food? Nope. Meanwhile, a game from 2007 has better interactions. AC1 had denser crowds, and everyone reacted when you killed a guard. In AC2 and onwards you could interact with crowds by throwing money or fake money bombs. Aiming a gun at civilians in previous games would make them drop to the knees and beg for life, fall over and run away, tripping over themselves, etc. Hell, even since AC1 the crowd itself would react to the player just climbing the building or running. Guards were patrolling rooftops and threatened you for being in illegal areas. What happens if a guard sees you in Valhalla in a distrust area? They just enter into combat… This isn't saying older games AI were perfect, far from it. But why are the crowd interactions from a 13-year-old game better than something from 2020? This needs to be improved moving forward.

    submitted by /u/nstav13
    [link] [comments]

    I have a theory on who the Father of Understanding could be

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 07:09 AM PST

    As we all know, according to the AC lore the ancestors of the Templar Order are the Sons of Cain. If you study the traditional Jewish interpretation of Genesis, you will find out Cain's father was not Adam but rather one "fallen angel" (basically a Nephilim, which in AC Valhalla is another name for the Isu) who fathered Cain after raping Eve. The name of this fallen angel (or fallen isu as you wish) is Samael, the Satan of Judeo-Christian religions. This could also explain why the Templars had a beef with the Church and mainstream Christianity.

    Moreover, it's also known that after Cain killed Abel, he fled to the east of Eden. Now if you consider that according to most sources Eden was located somewhere in the Middle East, to the east of the Middle East (excuse me for the word play) there is Afghanistan, which is the birthplace of a major religion: Zoroastrianism. Who is the god of Zoroastrianism? Ahura Mazda, which in the Avesta language (the sacred language of zoroastrians) means "Lord of Wisdom". If you think about it, it's not much different from the "Father of Understanding" the Templars keep praising.

    We can therefore affirm that the chief Isu who guides the Templars is Samael/Ahura Mazda.

    Finally, if you pay attention, in AC Valhalla, everytime you visit an underground Order of the Ancients base, you find there's plenty of statues of Mithra inside it, and Mithra was a major Zoroastrian deity.

    submitted by /u/Prestigious_Draft_79
    [link] [comments]

    A Connor/Arno crossover wouldn’t make sense

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 09:08 AM PST

    One suggestion I always see on this sub is a crossover with Connor and Arno hunting down Shay. While I like all these characters and would love a sequel, this particular storyline doesn't make sense. Firstly, Arno hunting down Shay doesn't make sense. His arc in Unity is learning that revenge isn't worth it, evidenced by Elise's death. It doesn't make sense for him to choose redemption/duty over revenge while hunting Germain, only to later chase his father's killer. He also has a duty to France during this period, and again it doesn't make sense for him to leave for America. One, it's implied he becomes a mentor figure for Leon (the boy from Dead Kings) so he wouldn't abandon him. Two, France was still turbulent after the French Revolution. Napoleon seizes the government in a coup de'tat in 1799, and soon thereafter the Napoleonic Wars begin. It just doesn't make sense for Arno to abandon France in turmoil and Leon to chase down Shay in revenge. It also doesn't make much sense for Connor to leave America. If you listen to his deleted speech (if you haven't, you can find it on YouTube. It's awesome), he's still determined to fight for a better future. Remember that scene where he watches the British ships leaving only to see a slave auction? Scenes like this show that Connor would still be determined to fight for equality and justice in America. He wouldn't give up and head to France. My point is that both Connor and Arno would be locked to their countries. I think the best sequels (not that Ubisoft will ever develop them) would follow Arno in France during the Napoleonic Wars, and a separate game featuring Connor and Aveline in America.

    submitted by /u/LevitarDoom
    [link] [comments]

    Finally played Origins, and I only dislike one part

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 11:02 AM PST

    Every Aya segment ever. Why not scale her weapons to Bayek's at least?

    submitted by /u/johnqevil
    [link] [comments]

    Will we ever see Galina ?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 07:34 PM PST

    I have been following her since Project Legacy but somehow Ubisoft has forgotten about her after Syndicate and I'm not talking about comics even that she was seen there lastly. Is there any chance that we will see her again or play with her ? Her potential is getting wasted by Ubi.

    submitted by /u/rexcor11
    [link] [comments]

    Run for 100% on every Assassin's creed game

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 05:39 PM PST

    Do you ever think about doing all of them, even with side one's? I'm a strong fan of Assassin's Creed, but I've never had enough time to finish all games to 100%( achievements, synchronization, DLC's and overall story). Covid happened and time suddenly appeared :). The side one's are really difficult to find, but it's possible to find them all. The side one's i mean AC altair's Chronicles, AC Bloodlines, AC 2: Discovery, AC Unity Arno's Chronicles, AC Pirates and normally available AC Identity and AC Rebellion. Hopefully I don't forget any. I just started old AC 1 collecting 400 flags is a bit boring, but it's classic. Wish me luck, with all of them.

    Here is list of all of them:

    Assassin's Creed - 2007

    Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles - 2008

    Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - 2009

    Assassin's Creed II - 2009

    Assassin's Creed II: Discovery - 2009

    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 2010

    Assassin's Creed: Revelations - 2011

    Assassin's Creed III - 2012 or Assassin's Creed III: Remastred - 2019

    Assassin's Creed: Liberation - 2012 or Remastred version in Assassin's Creed III: Remastred - 2019

    Assassin's Creed IV. Black Flag - 2013

    Assassin's Creed: Pirates - 2013

    Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry - 2013

    Assassin's Creed: Identity - 2014

    Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 2014 or Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastred - 2018 only for consoles

    Assassin's Creed: Unity - 2014

    Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - 2015

    Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China - 2015

    Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India - 2015

    Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia - 2016

    Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017

    Assassin's Creed Unity: Arno's Chronicles - 2017

    Assassin's Creed: Rebellion - 2017

    Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 2018

    Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - 2020

    I had already done AC Valhalla, AC Odyssey, AC Origin, AC Syndicate, AC 2 and played all of them.

    submitted by /u/ResponsibleAd3518
    [link] [comments]

    Added idea for customisation in Valhalla

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 02:08 PM PST

    So as you might know assassins creed Valhalla is still lacking the customisation option of changing how your armour looks while keeping its stats, but what if they also introduced armour pieces that are not available to the character like the knights or the blue armour from eivors crew, and also Ubisoft please let us customise all of our jomsvikings I don't like the chaotic mess of armour pieces that some of them have, any opinions on this?

    submitted by /u/megamax2112
    [link] [comments]

    Big Mackerel and Big Flatfish still missing from the game?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 03:36 PM PST

    So I am trying to find Big Mackerels in Norway and I have spend over 5 hours on it. Are they now in the game after the recent patches or am I just unlucky? I have looked it up and all I can find is old posts saying 'Where are the fish?!'

    If anybody can point me in the direction of Big Mackerels and Big Flatfishes that would be great!

    submitted by /u/AvelineAuditore
    [link] [comments]

    ACV: Could we be getting more realms? (New Concept Arts)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 05:31 PM PST

    [AC4] Stuck on my first naval contract

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 06:18 PM PST

    Hey guys, As the title says I'm stuck on my first naval contract and I can't figure out how to quit it. I took the fort off Key West and accepted the naval contract and when i sink the sloops these two brigs come into play and just utterly destroy me with guns or by ramming into me.

    I haven't upgraded my ship besides the beginning hull upgrades so I die really fast. My fast travel is disabled and I can't see the next story mode icon on my map. I have tried to beat them but it just takes forever to widdle down their health before they either ram me or sink me with guns.

    This is my first assassins creed and I'm loving it so far but I feel like I should quit this mission and upgrade my ship more before trying this mission. I have tried reloading to the last memory and it just brings me back to the dock before I got on my ship to go try the mission.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/StaviStopit
    [link] [comments]

    Let's discuss Basim, Elijah, MD and pieces of Eden [spoilers]

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 05:39 AM PST

    So I've just finished Valhalla and I'm going to be discussing what happened in modern days and also what happened in the comics. If you're afraid of spoilers, fly away !

    So, after Valhalla, Basim becomes the new MD protagonist. He's Loki reincarnated, Aletheia's lover, he's going to use the animus to benefit from the bleeding effect the same way Desmond did to become a very skilled assassin, with Eivor's memories. His intentions are still unclear - revenge on Odin is what he wants, but he also says he wants to bring his family together, including his children - plural. I'd say he's not on the Isu's side, he's on his own side, which is also not the assassin's side,oopsie. Meeting with William Miles is not gonna go great. I have a terrible feeling about this. William Miles is like super old now, Desmond's death broke him, Loki/Basim has the staff of Hermes with Aletheia inside ; I am worried for the old man. As long as he has the staff, Loki/Basim is immortal. And just how many children did he have ? There's the wolf, but also others. We've never seen or heard about them or their reincarnation so far in MD (at least not as far as I know).

    However we know of Aita, who used to be reincarnated in Elijah Miles, the mysterious son of Desmond. Elijah is apparently very strong since he pushed the Isu away, escaped Juno's cult, and has, ever since, been wandering around the world on its own (as far as we know) for a few years (FYI Elijah was born in 2005, Juno died in 2018 and he's not been spoken about ever since). We also know the Koh-i-noor, strongest piece of Eden, is in its possession. Yep, strongest Isu/human hybrid reincarnation with the strongest POE is now a 15/16 year old boy with lots of traumas who happens to be lost somewhere, probably listening to My Chemical Romance and thinking about murder (jk).

    Idk yet if the DLCs will say stuff about the MD or not (and as much as I agree that MD should not require an additionnal 20 bucks I also can't wait so please GIVE ME ANSWERS O LORD DARBY), but I've not seen anywhere (I may be blind, if so, tell me where to go) people discuss how someone who might defeat Loki/Basim, destroy the staff/Aletheia and all the potential POE and Isu reincarnations scattered around the world is... Elijah Miles with the koh-i-noor. The kid is a superweapon on its own. I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait to have interactions between him and his grandpa, but also Becs, Shaun, Galina, Gavin, the entire brotherhood ; I have not given up on this (I probably should tho, it's been years now).

    So in the end what I meant to say is : do you think that 1) Loki/Basim is gonna murder the entire brotherhood ? 2) why does he want to see William if Loki's intentions are just to get revenge on Odin and bring his freaky family back together with Aletheia ? 3) will we play as the bad guy then ?? 4) Is Elijah Miles going to show up eventually with his super strong mind body and POE ? 5) How are Becs and Shaun going to name their futur child ? (we need some cute positivity sometimes) (even though I'm afraid they'll die).

    That's it feel free to debate :) this is my first post on reddit, but I'm a huuuge fan of the games and I wanted to add, if by chance any CM or even dev ends up here : thank you for this incredible game, I can't imagine how hard is has been and it is to make video games in general. AC has been a source of joy and distraction for me, now even more since the virus had me unemployed. Keep up the good work, don't forget to rest, love yall !!

    submitted by /u/Emmarguedith
    [link] [comments]

    Compared to Origins/Odyssey, Valhalla is really disappointing

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 01:29 PM PST

    After completing Valhalla and looking back, I gotta say it's a watered down version Odyssey, it removed a lot of things I enjoyed from the previous game and replaced it with monotonous activities like cairns, statues, collectibles, and many boring world events (some were decent). The world is void of life, the combat/enemies aren't engaging, and the story/world are both sadly a convoluted mess due to having arcs instead of a straight forward story.

    Speaking of that let's discuss the story and characters a bit, I used to like Eivor but both are pretty shallow, female even more so, she's basically one of those "badass" Bethesda first person shooter protagonists which is very dull. Male is basically an errand boy with no personal drive or greed, and is pretty much disregarded in lore by Ubisoft themselves, The Eagle Bearers were far better implemented and more unique.

    Removing things doesn't make a game better, the armor, skills, and abilities were all vastly downgraded and the game variety is bland. The gameplay is far more repetitive than Origins and Odyssey, which the latter did a great job of not reusing too much from Origins and adding a lot of historical locations, they both had actual depth and Ubisoft did their research before. I have a lot more that I disliked but didn't want to spend too much time writing this, it's overall decent but doesn't deserve anywhere near as much credit than the last two.

    submitted by /u/TheWezzalt
    [link] [comments]

    Escanceaster Monastery River Raid Clue

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 11:00 PM PST

    I raided the Escanceaster Monastery but I didn't pick up the clue the first time round, I came back to try and get it and it's not there, the whole place is rubble, any idea where to find the clue?

    submitted by /u/Jetsix537
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for semi new AC player

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 10:28 PM PST

    So I stopped following the AC series at AC4. I recently bought the Legendary Collection and just wanted some advice or tíos for the games that come after AC4.

    P.s. I have notice that everyone seems to agree that AC4 is the best of the bunch which bums me out a little lol

    submitted by /u/ProfChaos619
    [link] [comments]

    (AC: Valhalla) Do I need to explore and take out/loot random camps, or will the game take me to the most of these places if I follow the story and do quests?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 04:39 PM PST

    You know how sometimes games do that, and you learn you didn't need to go loot every obscure area, as most of them had quests to bring you there.

    Which is it for AC Valhalla?

    submitted by /u/SpreadSimple6907
    [link] [comments]

    How do we play as Evie Frye in Jack the Ripper?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 04:32 PM PST

    By this point in time, Evie would have been 41 and would have had a child, since we get to experience her genetic memories. So how do we get her memories as a 41 year old unless she had a child later on as a geriatric.

    Adding to that, as cool as it was, where the hell did abstergo get Jack the Rippers DNA for the 3 times we play as him...

    submitted by /u/izzyobro
    [link] [comments]

    Shay and the order of ancients

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 07:53 AM PST

    I don't know if this has been noticed by many but I played, and completed Valhalla at the start of this year and Ive been playing all the assassin's creed games since July. I'm currently playing assassin's creed rogue and noticed something about Shay's uniform. He has the same medallion of the tree that the order has in assassin's creed Valhalla. I thought It was interesting since Valhalla has connected to most of the previous games in some way shape or form, and I wanted to share what I found. "A penny for anyones thoughts"?

    submitted by /u/Alex04christie
    [link] [comments]

    The last Assassin's Creed setting

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 06:52 PM PST

    From the stories I think AC will end as follows: Elijah always hears a voice in his head and strange scenes in his dreams related to Aita and his past lives as sage. The thing is he now has KOHINOOR, which has the fate of all poe tied to it and in which is present the consciousness of an isu Durga. Whereas Desmond who now knows how to stop the cycle of apocalypse communicates with Elijah using Durga. William however finds about Elijah and kohinoor and that templars want him so he also finds him. The catastrophe can be stopped by using kohinoor which will ultimately destroy itself and all other poe. But only juno and aita knew how to use it because she knew that the solar flare will only be postponed by the eye and she wanted to rule the world for years. So elijah needs to see the memories of aita but directly talking in mind will lead to Aita taking over Elijah. So he uses animus to see his memories as sages in India, where the kohinoor was present hoping to find a way to use it. At last he confronts aita and finds out how to use kohinoor. Happy ending.

    submitted by /u/Manu_Or_Adam
    [link] [comments]

    Ogham inscriptions in St Kenelm falls

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 08:33 AM PST

    Has anyone been trying to translate the ogham inscriptions in the St Kenelm falls' cave, or elsewhere?

    Sure enough there are more secrets or misteries behind the futhark inscriptions as it was the runes that were used by Vikings, and we're dealing with AC Valhalla.

    But what if it were some secrets and mysteries behind those ogham inscriptions too? That alphabet was used by druids, Irish ones, supposedly. And we are going to face the Wrath of Duids, aren't we?

    submitted by /u/GonguHrolfr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment