• Breaking News

    Monday, February 15, 2021

    Assassin's Creed AC2 Templar summaries were amazing.

    Assassin's Creed AC2 Templar summaries were amazing.


    AC2 Templar summaries were amazing.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 03:40 PM PST

    I loved how in AC2 Shaun would give a nice summary on who these people are and their history. Really made if feel like the people you you interacted with were very important and adds a lot of depth to their character.

    submitted by /u/z_bluekid
    [link] [comments]

    Ezio Games or Kenway games? (Ac3,4, and rogue)

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 09:59 PM PST

    Honestly I would have to go with the Kenway games. AC3 is my favorite AC game (I am a little biased) and then I think Ac4 and rogue are close to perfect games. Don't get me wrong the Ezio trilogy is also amazing, I just prefer the Kenway storyline and combat.

    submitted by /u/Liam_5671
    [link] [comments]

    I decided to finally play Valhalla and go into it blind and spoiler free. This is my favorite game of all time now. (NO SPOILERS)

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 08:52 PM PST

    This game is Red Dead meets Assassin's Creed without actually being either.

    I love every single game from the AC series except one (more on that later). Playing them as a kid and teenager was always a huge point of my life and I just loved the idea that is in the games. Origins was what I thought would be the peak of this RPG style AC, and I thought that was proven even more so when I played Odyssey, well, played it for 5-10 hours before never touching it again.

    I am only actually about halfway through Valhalla's main story, and about 55 hours total in, and good God I love the story, and how the arcs are set up. It was brilliantly done. On top of that the side quests and exploration are top notch as well. That's what I meant when I said it's sort of like Red Dead, I get lost exploring and running into events and just trying to hunt and get materials to upgrade my armor and weapons.

    This game is much much different from the older games, but the visuals, soundtrack, and discovery is something I haven't felt since Origins, and before that Black Flag. Just like BF it's a game I can't wait to finish the story but at the same time don't want it to be over.

    I can only hope that AC is looking up as a series after this. I love the exploration but do at times miss the crowds like Unity, but also don't want to get stuck in one big city again.

    Anyone on the fence as to play this or not please give it a shot, AC fan or not it's just a fantastic game.

    submitted by /u/E2A6S
    [link] [comments]

    Future games should add more details like the cats in AC Origins that make the world come to life

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:07 AM PST

    For those who don't know, in Origins, Bayek would pet a cat if you crouched down beside it. There was no button to prompt for it, and the game never told you that you were able to do it. It never came up as a useful tool, a way to get XP, or a method of social stealth. It was just a fun detail they decided to throw in for players to discover.

    Asassins Creed, like a lot of games, tries a number of strategies to keep players involved, like adding more sidequests, collectibles, etc. For me, the cat feature was better than a lot of those. First, it was something that you were far more likely to find on your own. If I ever ran into an issue doing a quest or a puzzle, I could just google it, and get instructions. But with this, it was a small enough detail that I'd never have thought to search for, and had to discover by luck. There was a post on here recently showing that Valhalla let you wash off near the settlement, something that wasn't brought up in-game. Adding in more of those details would not only be way more efficient than making whole new quests, it also makes it more interactive. Instead of just going to the spot on the map where you're told, it makes you actually have to try new things, and gets players way more involved.

    submitted by /u/EquivalentInflation
    [link] [comments]

    If I’m being honest, the depiction of Norsemen in AC Valhalla bother me.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 06:29 PM PST

    So we know the armor and personalities of the "Danes" are historically inaccurate, but I'm surprised no one is talking about the skin tone, accents, and hairstyles. The Saxons were done surprisingly well with some folk having slightly darker skin tones, but Scandinavians were and always have been pale-ish with many more blondes and gingers about. Most of them had black or brown hair and had the exact same skin tone as Saxons, some even darker.

    Also the hairstyles/ beards were more outlandish, I feel the last kingdom did this best, I've seen no characters with hairstyles that even Hollywood got right (besides Eivor and a few others, that's it) a lot of them were copy and pasted from Odyssey, there weren't any unique shieldmaiden looks either. these "Vikings" are Americanized and toned down for rating, a lot of them acted like Ivarr and I'm not surprised they dodged that route. Seeing as how they were spot on with how people looked in Origins/Odyssey, they didn't take any inspiration from how Scandinavians look today.

    Maybe a lot of this is Ubisoft being lazy, but I was expecting a little more effort into making them look distinctive, Nordic appearances and traditions are pretty far off as they are described in books and documentaries.

    submitted by /u/TheWezzalt
    [link] [comments]

    What do you want from the next AC game?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 02:37 AM PST

    I personally would like them to pick a male or female character and stick with them. Also I'd rather they take their time and make a good game, than rush it. And I'd like to play as an actual assassin of the creed for the majority of the game.

    submitted by /u/east467754
    [link] [comments]

    Just saw a post from 7 years ago about Black Flag and from the launch period of Origins and I was surprised by what people were commenting about those games then.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:43 PM PST

    Here's the post about Black Flag:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1tgrvq/end_of_2013_discussions_assassins_creed_iv_black/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    The highlight here is most of the people are saying that it's a mediocre AC game but a great pirate.

    Similar to what people are saying about Valhalla right now, It's a good Viking Game but not a good AC game.

    Here's the post about Origins:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/8ylm5l/what_is_your_opinion_of_assassin_creed_origins/

    You can see people saying it's a boring game, lol. It gets stale pretty quickly.

    You see now Origins and Black Flag are now regarded as best AC games of all time. This is a weird community we have here.

    submitted by /u/Ritesh_Mishra
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t understand modern day

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:32 PM PST

    Okay so from the title I'm sure you could tell that I don't understand the modern day segments in assassin creed games. I am not a major fan of assassins creed and haven't played many. However, the modern day segments have always confused me. Why are they there? Are they important to the story? I'd imagine there is a detailed reason why these are in the game but I just don't understand why or what they are for.

    submitted by /u/JesseS29
    [link] [comments]

    When will Ubi overhaul it's Anvil engine?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 01:09 AM PST

    Evolution between syndicate and Origins was great, felt fresh and innovative. Odyssey was more of the same but still very enjoyable. Now with Valhalla it is starting to stall. Animations are janky and the way the world is built and can be interacted with seems dated. Coming from RdR2 it is rather painful. The next AC deserves an important evolution of the Anvil engine to bring something new to the gameplay experience.

    submitted by /u/clemoonoz
    [link] [comments]

    Possible bug found in a mission in Syndicate

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 02:59 PM PST

    I just did one of Charles Dickens' missions: Dead Letters and I didn't get the bonus because the timer wouldn't stop going down even after I hijacked the carriage in time. Did this happen with anyone else or did I just do something wrong?

    submitted by /u/CoyoteDanny
    [link] [comments]

    Theory on River Raid content [SPOILER]

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 11:48 AM PST

    So some of this might be wishful thinking, but hear me out.

    So it is confirmed that there will be 3 new maps that will be replayable. To me, this could either be one of 3 things:

    1. 3 completely new arcs that will appear on the world map in Ravensthorpe on the table (just like Vinland) where you will be able to fast travel to.
    2. The current map of England is extended beyond its current boundaries to reveal more areas to exploire/invade
    3. New locations on the current map will appear, such as new forts, settlements and areas to explore.

    I will look at the latter of these theories and cross those with historical facts. While in the game, I have noticed that there are areas which could develop in a similar way to how Ravensthorpe can, especially in the North of England. This is a region that is very baron. It does not make any sense that Ubisoft would do this because most the most well known Viking invasions took place up here.

    Lets look at what I presume to be the River Tyne. I took this image earlier today. It shows a dried up River bed that leads all the way to cliffs in the North Sea. Why would they do this? Why would a key River that historically was used by Viking longboats be deliberately left out of a game that over the years has tried to be historically accurate? Instead it just looks likea winter tundrer. Some people might say this is just simply because the area is frozen, but there are other rivers in Ervicscire that still flow, such as the Tees.

    The dried up River Tyne

    Mouth of the Tyne, and location of Tynemouth Priory in real life

    So, to real life - this part of Northumbria was known as Bernicia, with the southern area of Northumbria known as Deira. By 875A, many Northumbrians had fled North of Danish controlled Deira and Jorvik, and and focused on resistance against the Danes. Under the orders of Halfdene (we meet him in the game, no spoilers), the Danes invade the River Tyne. In real life, they setup a small camp near present day Gateshead and waited until winter was over before launching their attacks. The monastery town of Hexham was the first, Tynemouth Priory was also attacked.

    Could the reason this part of the map looks so baron be because this is how the Vikings really did view it in real life, until the harsh winter was over? Could new settlements appear in such a huge open space? This brings me on to anther River - the River Tees, just north of Jorvik.

    Sail along it, and you will notice there isn't much here, but yet there are spaces where deforrestation appears to have occured.

    The River Tees

    Another area where trees have been cleared beside a small stream

    It would appear that a large section of this wooded area has been felled, either for building materials or for space to build...which is odd because currently nobody lives for miles around.

    So, just some food for thought - there's a lot of areas of the current map that can 'develop' over time.

    Not really a spoiler, but an admin thought my idea was so realistic that they declined the original post until I tagged it.

    submitted by /u/DeadAirRadio
    [link] [comments]

    Ultra High resolution Game maps (request)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 01:01 AM PST

    Im looking to get some high resolution maps for assassins creed Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla, something like the ones on the interactive maps online (Im not great with code, I tried to use a dezoomifier extension on all the interactive maps for these games but got no results). something around 15000x15000 minimum. does anyone have these files, know how to extract them from the websites, or know were I can get them?

    submitted by /u/KaennBlack
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla on a 750ti

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 12:39 AM PST

    Is there any mod or tweak that can be done to make this game playable on my 750ti? I know the game supports only directx 12 native which 750ti doesn't as it emulates dx12. I saw that something can be done on deathstrading is there anything I can do here?

    submitted by /u/CharalamposYT
    [link] [comments]

    I remember a character in AC2 who was about 90 years old or so, I can't remember his name though

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 06:13 PM PST

    I can't remember if he was around early game or came in late game, all I remember is he was one of Rodrigo's subordinates, he was about 90 or 100 during the story of assassins creed 2, I also can't remember if he is killed by Ezio, but I'm pretty sure he is, does anyone know who I'm talking about, I've checked wikipedia and I couldn't find it, I could just be remembering incorrectly.

    submitted by /u/C-137_RickSanchez
    [link] [comments]

    [No Spoilers] After finishing the game, I now have one extra skill point that cannot be used. Power level of 403.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 05:31 PM PST

    After finishing the game, I received four Skill Points, and the three "extra" skills unlocked. Acquiring those three skills, now I have one extra skill point and no skills left to acquire.

    Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/WetShowerSocks
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think the hardest boss is

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 03:46 PM PST

    Which is the hardest boss from the latest games

    submitted by /u/SeaReal5485
    [link] [comments]

    He may have been your father boy, but he wasn’t your daddy.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 11:01 PM PST

    Just finished the AC3 Remaster after going through the Ezio Collection. I've played the originals but man that scene with Connor burying Achilles while the letter is spoken as a voice over hit me hard and definitely gave me some Guardians of the Galaxy 2 vibes. Haytham may have been Connor's father... but Achilles was definitely his Dad.

    submitted by /u/GamerChef420
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla just isn’t that fun and feels like a chore to play

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 06:35 AM PST

    Feel like I've wasted £40 on this. Felt past AC games were a lot mode immersive (invested in characters story and want to find out more). I know the style of games has changed since origins which I enjoyed as well as odyssey. Their stories were more interesting and in a vibrant setting. There's nothing that makes me want to go back and play ACV atm, I've only put around 10 hours into the game and the scenery is amazing but its just isn't really that much fun to play. I know Ubisoft get stick for making a chore but this is the first game where I really felt it.

    Sorry if rant and I know has been said before but first AC game where I actually don't want to play - from a AC fan.

    Edit: I've just finished the Leicester allegiance section and various raids / side quests. Above wouldn't be fair if I'd only finished prologue lol

    submitted by /u/highstreet26
    [link] [comments]

    Do people still play multi in the black flag?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:17 AM PST

    I'm wondering if people still play it, I loved the multiplayer experience, it was such a great time in my life, coming back from school and playing it with people I met earlier on Ac Black Flag servers.

    submitted by /u/Kicrugoj
    [link] [comments]

    What is the purpose for the -50% all resistances engraving in AC Odyssey?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 01:15 PM PST

    I just unlocked this engraving and I have no idea why it's in the game. Unless there is a really specific build that requires that engraving, it doesn't make sense for it to be in the game. why have an engraving that reduces your survivability?

    submitted by /u/frozenstreetgum
    [link] [comments]

    Ghost of the longhouse? [Spoiler]

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 08:58 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment