• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed 2 has Templar Lairs and Assassins Tombs which are very much like Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Warrior Within. I didn't expect this and absolutely love this game.

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed 2 has Templar Lairs and Assassins Tombs which are very much like Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Warrior Within. I didn't expect this and absolutely love this game.


    Assassin's Creed 2 has Templar Lairs and Assassins Tombs which are very much like Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Warrior Within. I didn't expect this and absolutely love this game.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 07:55 AM PST

    This was not something I expected at all. I mean sure you have a very smooth Parkour system where you can easily jump from rooftops to rooftops and a lot of the elements in Assassin's Creed are taken from Prince of Persia it's no secret. Assassin's Creed 1 felt a lot like prince of Persia in the beginning but still setting was very different. Now here in Assassin's Creed 2 I'm absolutely fascinated with the Templar Lairs and Assassins Tombs. They are so much like the castles in Prince of Persia games. Even the manner in which they show you the path when you enter a new area is awesome and completely reminds me of that. Didn't expect that. It's such a pleasant surprise

    Moreover, the cities in AC2 at night look stunning. What other AC games have the day/night cycle ? I read somewhere that RPG trilogy games have that but IDK. I have played 1 and Syndicate before. I have all the games and I'm playing them in sequence so I'll get to know eventually but it'll be great to know that as well.

    submitted by /u/ConsciousSpot
    [link] [comments]

    The finishers are nice addition but they're too overdone at the moment

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:01 AM PST

    Anyone find finishers incredibly distracting??

    I realized this today when raiding in Essex, since there are a lot of golden name enemies, EVERYTIME I kill one of them, a good 3-5 secs finisher played.

    Not only that, the camera is fixed to the angle where the finisher ends, so you have to move the camera again in the direction you were looking towards before.

    Oh man, it drives me crazy that every freaking time I kill an enemy I have to sit through all that non skippable bits, it'd be fine if it plays once per 20 enemies, but now it's like once per 3 enemies (and it plays for the animals too GOSH).

    Ubisoft, you really need to tone this down a lot of notches.

    submitted by /u/superdumbcat
    [link] [comments]

    I love Valhalla but there are some things I want to comment on in the hopes that, if people feel the same, the devs will see it (some slight spoilers here and there)

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 03:13 PM PST

    I may be the minority but I loved Odyssey to death, even with it's issues, and Valhalla hasn't captured me as well as Odyssey did despite enjoying it still. Maybe it's the theme or maybe it's just Kassandra's VA was absolutely perfect and made the game so much better. In the hopes of improving DLC or future games here is what I think needs to be improved upon in a future game or my suggestions for things in Valhalla.

    1. The level up screen is INCREDIBLY tedious. It was cool at first but getting two skill points only so frequently becomes extremely annoying. I actually enjoyed the way they did it but the issue is the points you got per level. It's too many levels with too few points. My suggestion here would be to give you possibly 10 points per level but greatly increase the xp needed per level. Some will probably argue you can just stack skill points, which is true, but I feel the amount of times you "level up" is way too quick. Perhaps this was done because people complained about the grind in Odyssey at later levels.
    2. Raids. The very first time I did a raid it was a blast. It isn't perfect but it's just fun when you take into the theme and attacking with your raiding party. It's great fun. After that it becomes more and more annoying as you raid. The fact that every door and every treasure chest requires you to pause and wait for a friendly to open it is very annoying. It's causing a pause in the gameplay that shouldn't be there as much. Should some system like this continue in the future I would ask that if you need more than one person to do something... make it at the end. Raiding a town with 5 chests usually had between 3 - 5 doors along with it. Make the final treasure chest the "big" one that requires two people and adjust the rewards appropriately.
    3. Order of Ancients. I have friends that felt the same which is why I'm adding it. I felt like the OotAs was more or less a "side" part of the game over being actually integrating into the main story. The order is "there" and things "happen" but the only real involvement was Fulke. My biggest disappointment was the final outcome with The Father. Not because it was bad but because I loved how it was done and really wish there had been more OotA stuff going on. The OotAs was only really used as filler it seemed like. I'm not 100% on the lore stuff but it seems like this game is where the Order ends and the Templars begins.
    4. Assassin's Creed needs to go back to big cities. I think one reason why I didn't enjoy Valhalla as much as Odyssey also is because Odyssey did have bigger cities (not fleshed out like previous titles obviously) but Valhalla was more like AC3. And to be frank I did not enjoy AC3 at all. Sounds like the Paris DLC will give us that slice but I think future games need to keep the idea of big cities to roam in. Valhalla felt more like it was trying to compete with Witcher 3 to be honest. Although you could say that about Origins and Odyssey as well.
    5. My biggest gripe. The overuse of barred doors and keys. This is probably the number one most annoying thing about Valhalla. I don't want to be rude but most of the way they are done is utterly pointless and more or less annoying. I prefered the moving columns and finding holes in the wall because those took time to find and weren't just "pointless". Running into another room for the 50th time to get a key for a chest in another room that needs another key in this house that is blocked by a barred door that requires you to shoot through another wall that is..... I could go on but I think a lot of people will agree with me here. They first few times are fine but the same kind of puzzle over and over again just gets very tedious. I audibly groan everytime I see a barred door now. I groan louder when I need to find a key.

    Most of these are just my opinion obviously and others are free to agree or disagree. If anyone else has any points they want to add/talk about/disagree with feel free to add your input.

    Have a Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays) everyone!

    submitted by /u/Defiant_Mercy
    [link] [comments]

    So how is Assassin's Creed III Remastered is today?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:15 AM PST

    Hello all and Merry Christmas!

    With soon to be 2021 I was wondering if AC3 Re was worth getting. Since I couldn't find an old version on Steam, this is what I'm probably going to get..

    submitted by /u/RobPreston17
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] A little modern day thing that made me laugh.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:07 PM PST

    I can't stop thinking about how Kassandra kept the Staff of Eden for 2400 YEARS just to give it to Layla who proceeded to lose it after just one year to a man that she KNEW wasn't trustworthy.

    Layla was the worst, man.

    submitted by /u/kveens
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla Is the first one In the series which has made me addicted to side quests and photo mode

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:30 AM PST

    I started playing Valhalla a few days ago and after all night playing It I noticed something, I spent almost all the time just doing random things and taking photos of Eivor!

    I was impressed because the thing I hated the most about Origins and Oddysey Is how boring the side content and exploration was (at least for me) but In Valhalla Is the aspect that I'm enjoying the most.

    The music, ambient sound effects, how polished the game feels.. It's just make me wanna explore every corner and take a picture of It, some times you just encounter letters, events or things that helps you have more lore of the world, just... thanks Ubi, what a fantastic game.

    -

    PS: I know that the game Is far from having 0 bugs but with polished I'm also referring to how the game feels, how natural Is the progression, how the side contents seems more premeditated...

    It feels like they put more thought In every aspect of the game.

    submitted by /u/Inmunex
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS} How Eurvischire ending was ruined by the boss fight

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I was really interested in the Eurvischire arc, I honestly didn't know whether Faravid was guilty, or Halfdan crazy. Conflicted the whole time, not knowing who to trust, that is until the final fight. When you accuse Faravid, instead of admitting how sketchy the situation looks, trying to figure a way out, trying to even discuss the situation. Personally, it doesn't matter if he is guilty or not anymore, he took out his sword, when all I told him was tell him he is being accused. At the end, it didn't matter if he didn't fight Halfdan, he admitted guilt by fighting Evior. Would've honestly loved it a lot more if there was no fight, and you just skip straight to where he says he won't fight his Jarl and bows down. Would've kept me guessing more (or at least feel bad he died).

    submitted by /u/DrBobHope
    [link] [comments]

    I love the meta aspect incorporated in certain gameplay parts (Spoilers)

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 07:45 AM PST

    Like that part when Ivarr's health bar is nearly depleted and he asks you a question, only to hit you with an attack as you're going through the dialogue options and you have to dodge it as quickly as possible. My favorite though is the boss fight with Odin near the end, where the only way to win is to manually unequip the axe in your inventory if you don't want to be stuck fighting him forever. Moments like these make the encounters much more memorable and stand out in a game full of repetitive and standard fights.

    submitted by /u/GGG100
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine an Assassin’s Creed tv show made by the same directors who made the Witcher.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:30 PM PST

    This is just one of my wishes. They could create a new assassin in a new unexplored time period in the series. I think it would be epic.

    What do you guys think? Please give your opinions.

    submitted by /u/JSG153
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] A really fun ability

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:11 AM PST

    I don't know if this is a spoiler since it's about an ability in the game but I marked it just in case.

    I remember when I first acquired the throw objects back ability. It was pretty fun to just stand around and have the enemies chuck things at you and you catching and throwing them back to kill them. I just found out yesterday that apparently Eivor also catches and throws back arrows. I had never tried them on arrows cuz I assumed that they weren't big enough to catch and throw back (plus they're arrows, like I just assumed it wouldn't work lol). I guess I was wrong. It was pretty fun to take out a bunch of archers that way though. Just something fun I wanted to share with y'all if y'all haven't tried it!

    submitted by /u/aakram2
    [link] [comments]

    I think they should do a assassins creed unity remake or remastered

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:25 PM PST

    I know this game was released on next gen ( of its time) but I think this can be one of the biggest game if they fixed and tweaked some stuff and Also a lot of people never gave it another try so I think it deserves another chance it was a good game disclosing the issues or make a sequel.

    submitted by /u/RobinJaxxx
    [link] [comments]

    Why won’t my helix credits get added to my game from a code?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 07:44 PM PST

    I bought two of those $20 helix credit cards from Walmart (for Valhalla) and after I entered the code they never got added to my game. I've waited for around 24 hours for them to get added and have checked periodically but never saw them get added. I tried their website for support but couldn't find out how to file a support ticket. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/OneFatalArrow
    [link] [comments]

    Q. What is worth doing first in AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:00 PM PST

    As in title: I see they've added a Yuletide festival, is it worth doing this as it's a time limited event?

    Aside from this, is there anything I should do first in this game?

    Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/iRedders
    [link] [comments]

    Just got AC: Valhalla ultimate edition... where do i start?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:24 PM PST

    The tutorials were confusing and all the minigames (especially the dice game) seem ridiculously hard... I ADORED odyssey (my first ever ac game) and i just feel so lost here... can you guys please help me figure out what i should be doing? I essentially just want some really useful tips so I don't mess things up (like how in odyssey i wish i'd spent more time farming early game since in late game upgrades are really expensive).

    Thanks! And Merry Christmas!

    submitted by /u/NinjaMelon39
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] i think this makes no sense

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:26 AM PST

    how does eivor not realize that loki is basim? and sigurd is tyr? it is very obvious. and how does he not understand that he is the second coming of Odin, especially with Odin talking to him all the time?

    submitted by /u/willbillbonkers
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the game after finishing it

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:44 AM PST

    Well I have played all AC games, before valhala my ranking was:

    Revelations Black Flag Brotherhood Origins AC2 Syndicate Unity AC1 AC3 Rogue Odyssey

    After playing Valhalla my ranking is:

    Revelations Black Flag Brotherhood Valhala Origins AC2 Syndicate Unity AC1 AC3 Rogue Odyssey

    Positives: Visually stunning Gameplay is much better than the last 2 The side content is at its best in this one The Hidden Ones Hideouts were very cool to explore Main story conclusion was amazing

    Negatives: Too many bugs, TOO MANY Not enough emphasis on AC Lore Not enough cinematic scenes Main story too long, they could've cut the number of "districts" by half to make them more important, i found myself searching the characters names because i had no idea who was who The sound engineers really screwed up, the few times i heard music i loved it, but i think i heard it like 2% of the game

    And thats about it I gjve it 7/10 I hope de DLCs are cool, the Francia one especially

    submitted by /u/zztopnemesis
    [link] [comments]

    Which do you like more, The ROG Fighting style in the games, or the parkour fighting style for the original.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:49 PM PST

    I have played Origins and I'm on my way completing Odyssey, but I feel like I don't like the fighting style in the game, with the skill tree, but that's my opinion.

    For me, I miss the fighting style of like AC III and Unity, I feel more energetic and amazed when I play the game that way, but that's just my option.

    What's you're favorite?

    submitted by /u/KingFahad360
    [link] [comments]

    White/Blue Raven clan ship design should be in the game!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:00 PM PST

    So I do really like the current Raven clan skin for the ship. Reminds me of Lagatha's sheild from Vikings but I don't get the color choise. Everything else in the settlement except from our crew goes after the clans white/blue banner style so why don't we too?

    I don't want Ubi to take away the current design, just want them to add the other style too. There is already such a small amount of designs so I don't think it's to much to ask, what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/TheRealBooooper
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla's campaign is 50+ hours? Does that affect the pacing/impact?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:10 PM PST

    I was reading this article that was discussing Valhalla's length and it said that the campaign runs around 60 hours.

    I thought this made no sense given prior ACs had a 20-25 hour campaign at best, but no, looking it up on HLTB, it shows the average mean time to be over 50 hours.

    This begs the question- how does this unprecedented length affect Valhalla's story? Is it still good, or does it have serious pacing issues?

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/RedtheGamer100
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Entire Series from the Beginning

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:04 PM PST

    I've decided to tackle the entire AC series (well, the main ones at least lol). Just bought the Ezio Collection, AC3 and Rogue Remastered, and Unity/Syndicate, the two I never played before getting back in with Origins. Currently downloading the original AC on Steam. Never really done anything like this, but I'm excited. I entered this series years ago with AC2, and Ezio became my favorite video game character ever. Here's to a very Assassin's 2021! FOR THE BROTHERHOOD!

    submitted by /u/Iweloz
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] The Hidden Truth - AC Valhalla (doubt/help about a fact)

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:58 PM PST

    Source: The Codex/Rino The Bouncer

    So, recently the people have been discussing about this Abstergo logo in the video of the Animus Anomalies, and many of you guys said that Darby himself (narrative director of the game) confirmed that this was nothing important, just something that shouldn't even be there, but... I can't find this information anywhere, so... anyone have a link or screenshot of him saying that? I would be very grateful!

    submitted by /u/gui_heinen
    [link] [comments]

    In my opinion, male Eivor should be the official canon. NO SPOILERS

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:50 PM PST

    I haven't played the game yet, so my opinion may change after however from what I've heard, male Eivor is superior to the female one which is why I prefer him as the canon. Whilst I believe there should be more female assassins, in this case the male version seems better by many different factors. First up, from what I've heard and what people have said online, the voice acting is just so much better. Like in Odyssey, Kassandra had the best voice acting, and when Kassandra was put as Deimos she sounded..off. On the flip side, when Alexios is Deimos he sounds perfect for the role and I loved the performance. And so, seeing that male Eivor has the superior voice acting I am currently clinging onto him and will plan to play as him when I get to. Once again, there should 100% be more female assassins brought as a main character into one of the games, and Eivor being a powerful shield-maiden sounds perfect for me, I am still convinced that the male version will be better.

    What are your opinions on the situation?
    NO SPOILERS

    submitted by /u/SecretGhoster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment