• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 22, 2020

    Assassins Creed 4 What is with saves for this game? My saves keep disappearing and I can't figure out what's happening.

    Assassins Creed 4 What is with saves for this game? My saves keep disappearing and I can't figure out what's happening.


    What is with saves for this game? My saves keep disappearing and I can't figure out what's happening.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:23 PM PST

    I'll skip the background and give you the part that's interesting:

    The save game location is said to be C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\878ff995-5bcd-473a-9052-50524eb30b0d\437. I went here and saw some files, despite my game saying there weren't any saves. I decided to move them to a "backups" folder on another drive and clear out this saves folder. I then made a new save and have played through the game until the first abstergo section (bleh).

    Despite the save clearly existing, and me being able to load into the game from it, the 437 folder saves are supposed to go into is still empty.

    • Where is my savegame actually being stored?

    • How can I make new saves that I know won't disappear?

    • Why are the contents of this save games folder irrelevant, and is there a place I can put saves that will actually have an effect?

    Thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/TheFlamingLemon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment