• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 3, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Antagonists need better motivations in the series.

    Assassin's Creed Antagonists need better motivations in the series.


    Antagonists need better motivations in the series.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    Basically the title, outside of Haytham, the villains (big and small) always seem solely motivated by power but they never really have any goals for that power. The narrative leans on them being part of the Templar order and the goals of Templars in general but it would make the pay offs much better if we got some time to explore the individuals ideals. Why did they join the templars in the first place? What are their immediate plans after consolidating power? They must have worries or dreams?

    submitted by /u/MoonCanoe7
    [link] [comments]

    I've just got my first platinum ever with AC Odyssey!

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    That's preety much it, i've been trying to post a picture but for some reason it's against the subreddit rules so yhea, just wanted to share :)

    submitted by /u/PursuitOfHapiness
    [link] [comments]

    How do you play your AC marathon? Historical timeline or release date order?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    So I've played one playthrough of all AC games in release order a few years ago. I want to do a playthrough in historical order, this time with comics and novels etc. I was wondering if it's a better experience to play historical rather than release order?

    submitted by /u/TheBritishAlien
    [link] [comments]

    I made a fan art of Altair ibn la ahad

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    A Tip For Anyone that Wants To Play Assassin's Creed On Xbox One, There's a Sale Going On

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Until September 14 the Xbox Store is having a sale on Assassin's Creed games where most are just $9. Odyssey is $15, because its newer. I bought the triple pack because I've been wanting to play Assassin's Creed for a while. The triple pack is AC Unity, Syndicate, and Black Flag for $22.50. Not sure if this has been said but just wanted everyone to know.

    submitted by /u/MirageMainsUnite
    [link] [comments]

    How much control does the operator have in the Animus? Are they just watching the memories of their ancestor? Is it just a simulation and none of it is real?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    What exactly is going on in the Animus? I am trying to wrap my head around if the operator is controlling anything or if they just watch what happened, and maybe we the player control what actually happened in the past?

    submitted by /u/Alpha_Bit_Poop
    [link] [comments]

    Which ac game has the best haystack physics and which ac game has the worst?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    I feel like origins is the best and unity is the worst. The hay in origins kinda bounces a little and it sounds soft and comfortable. It's perfect for a leap of faith. They hay in unity doesn't move at all and it sounds like arno just broke all his bones. It actually makes me slightly uncomfortable.

    submitted by /u/MySticxg
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for OP Builds that are easier to make (preferably balanced, but all suggestions welcome). Also would prefer video tutorial or tutorial of some kind

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    Alright, so, I beat AC Odyssey a long time back, but kept the DLCs and all for later when i wanted to come back to the game. Now is that time, but having seen people use such OP builds, I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to play the game without one myself. So what are some really good suggestions for OP builds that I can get in a reasonably short time (considering I still have to level up all of my engravings and probably level up from about LVL 50 or so)? Also looking for some tutorials on them as well, since I've been gone for so long and probably won't understand a lot of the stuff about how the math works and all of that making the build OP. I would like a nice and balanced build so that I can get the best of all 3 aspects, but really will consider all options. Need to know everything there is to know (weapons, gear, engravings, etc.).

    submitted by /u/BF0S
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 Is there a way to get a pistol to shoot the barrel for Boston gate before sequence 8 (when you can buy pistol)?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    Can't get a musket down there and can't buy a pistol yet. Can I get something elsewhere to shoot the barrel?

    submitted by /u/Drizen
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing Assassins creed, what’s the best overall game?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    I have never played an assassins creed game before but I want to try it out on PC. However, I don't really like the pirate or Roman styled ones. I would also prefer it not to be too old,

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Fumikagetoko
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on starting AC origins as a beginner

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Just started playing it as I brought the whole thing dlc included and hella confused. I'm a few hours into the game but I see there's two timed quests that are god trials or something and I haven't a clue what they are?

    Also is it wise to level up automatically to level 45 or just keep grinding side quests like I've been doing?

    Plus what are some of the best weapons/clothing/gear to use in the game? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Pingugoesnootnoot1
    [link] [comments]

    Erymanthian Boar (Nightmare difficulty, no damage, no abilities, no bow, melee only)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    Which Assassins Creed Game is the best?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Im thinking of buying one of the games as they are on sale now. This is very subjective so I want to know everyones opinions on which one is good. I saw that Oddessy and the classic AC games are great.

    submitted by /u/HEB_AQW
    [link] [comments]

    Black Flag (4): Who was the boss enemy in Taited Blood mission?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    I'm replaying the game. There's like a boss level enemy called El - forgot the name after killing Torres' second in command by mistake and mentions, after killing the enemy, that Edward knew him and he'd changed Edward's path from someone who didn't care.

    Who was that? I don't remember earlier in the narrative them meeting/fighting/etc.

    submitted by /u/TwinSong
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey was fun but seems inferior to Origins

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    I just completed Odyssey completely. The most of which I found mundane and semi boring. But Ubisofts chore design is a guilt pleasure of mine. I just purchased Origins for the One x right after I beat Odyssey for 12 dollars, and wow. The look and feeling of Origins IMO is far superior to Odyssey. It feels like it had much more effort put into every aspect of it other than the shear size. Money well spent. I also purchase Odyssey for that price and I've got to say the cheapest games I've bought for the hours I've put in.

    submitted by /u/HighLanderMT
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get some tips for AC Brotherhoods combat?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    I kinda feel like an idiot for having issues with Brotherhood's combat. It's not like it's hard, but it feelsmore challenging to me than the previous 2 games. Every time I try to kick one of the enemies that deflect your attacks, I instantly get attacked by another enemy that deflects my attacks. I can't counter the big guards, or the guards with spears, so it ends up with me getting wailed on while i'm trying to break an enemy's defenses. I know you can counter everything with hidden blades, but that makes the game an absolute cakewalk. I don't mind a challenge so that's why i'm using the hidden blades sparingly during combat. Are there any tips for dealing with the enemies you can't counter or block attacks from, because they give me the most trouble. The combat can feel pretty janky sometimes with Ezio attacking the wrong enemies, or counter kills feeling unresponsive.

    submitted by /u/SnowWolfHD
    [link] [comments]

    The goodness/rightness of the Templars or Assassins is dependent on who's in charge at any given time.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I'm on a journey to play all the games in the series (first time so no spoilers please) and I'm currently playing Rogue. The Templars seem determined to create a peaceful society by controlling the people. In some cases this means trapping society into rules that imprison the people just as much as it provides for them. The assassins on the other hand want to create a world where everyone is able to live their life by their own free will. The idea of which of these is better for the people of Earth is a heavily debated issue, but I've found so far in my game play that which side is more honorable/right is really more dependent on who's in charge at any given time.

    In the Desmond series (Altair, Ezio, Connor) you play as characters who want for the people to be free and have their best intentions at heart. Each of these people wind up leading the Assassins in their own districts and it's made quite clear that they uphold the Assassin's Creed and treat their enemies with respect (for the most part at least).

    Assassin's Creed Liberation and Rogue explore characters within the Assassin's districts (New Orleans and the Americas) who do not follow the creed to its fullest extent, but are still allowed to remain in charge until they're taken down to size either internally or by the Templars. In Rogue I've also been able to meet some Templars (particularly Colonel George Monro) who genuinely care about the people they're responsible for and want them to thrive in the still British Colonies.

    So it seems to me that how noble either side is at any given time in history depends less on how "superior" each groups rules are and more based on who's in charge at any given time. Your thoughts on this? I'd love to hear some differing opinions. Again, I'm currently playing Rogue and haven't played any games past this so please no spoilers.

    submitted by /u/Starnicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Has the Nassau glitch been patched in Black Flag disk version?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    So I have been getting some games outside of the norm that I'd play and Black Flag is the first one that has caught my eye. From what the reviews say, the disk version glitches out when you get to Nassau. Is there any other parts that are glitched or have any problems?

    submitted by /u/Whappingtime
    [link] [comments]

    what is this mysterious room in Unity?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Assassins Creed Council will be shutting down tomorrow

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Just saw from The Codex Network on twitter that apparently Ubisoft has announced the AC focused social media platform http://council.assassinscreed.com/en/ will be shut down tomorrow. I did have an account but haven't used it in years, it's a shame Ubi didn't try and push and improve the platform as I don't think the majority of people even knew it existed.

    submitted by /u/IndieGizmo3
    [link] [comments]

    What is the overarching story of all the AC games?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    I've only played AC origins 100%, and have no idea wtf isu are, the beacon light things that talk to you, the black basalt looking canyon thing with dead soldiers in it, i just dont get any of it. Pls help.

    submitted by /u/Billy21_
    [link] [comments]

    Are Ubisoft whitewashing the oppression and pain people have suffered throughout history?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    I feel they did this somewhat with slavery in Odyssey..

    they presented it as all nice and tame and 'slaves love their masters' but its known as a fact that masters would regularly rape, beat, torture and kill their slaves in ancient Greece and sometimes just for fun..

    Is it wrong not to depict the struggles these groups went through historically?

    I also see this somewhat with their depiction of homosexual relationships in Valhalla too, people were oppressed for being gay in anglo saxon culture, but its presented that everyone was okay with in in the game..

    surely its a disservice to those that actually suffered to not present history accurately? they went through real oppression! the least we could do is present their history accurately and not make it seem like everything was 'ok'

    idk what do you guys think? just feel its a missed opportunity to teach some lessons about how to treat other people with respect compared to how we used to...

    like in RDR2 Lenny sometimes gets racially abused by Micah, it makes you really fucking hate Micah and gives you some perspective (me being a white person) of how evil that actually is/was, it makes you rage whenever anybody says shit to lenny lol - Rockstar could have easily not put that in the game to be more 'PC' so to speak but adding it really does represent the type of way black people were treated back then and you feel the injustice.. and thus teaches you an important lesson

    submitted by /u/mrbeanbagman
    [link] [comments]

    AC Origins combat is a nightmare, please could I get some advice

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    I bought AC Origins recently for my PS4 and I knew combat would be different, but this is just too much. I absolutely suck and I don't know what to do. The enemies charge ridiculously fast, when there are more than even 2 enemies you're guaranteed to die and Bayek feels extremely weak. I'm also playing on normal. I have no idea what to do. I'm level 3 at the moment and even level 2 guys give me a hard time. Yesterday I was battling a level 1 archer guy and another shield warrior, I think level 3 and they completely fondled me. How do I overcome this or am I doing something wrong? It's just not enjoyable and it's not possible to stealth kill everyone because of the levels.

    submitted by /u/Academic_Fuel
    [link] [comments]

    Grr. AC III remaster. I have NEVER seen a worse user interface // Rant

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    ...in any type of application, ever.
    The weapon wheel. Switch between left and right side? Who knows how to do it. It's magic. There is no key for it.
    The map menu with the quests. Redo. It's absolutely atrocious.
    And even worse, the crafting / stockpile. You can press every button on screen and absolutely nothing happens.

    submitted by /u/someMeatballs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment