• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 23, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Just drew Medusa from Odyssey to explore new style :D it’s the first fan art I’ve done for AC, feedbacks welcomed!

    Assassin's Creed Just drew Medusa from Odyssey to explore new style :D it’s the first fan art I’ve done for AC, feedbacks welcomed!


    Just drew Medusa from Odyssey to explore new style :D it’s the first fan art I’ve done for AC, feedbacks welcomed!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Hello Guys! This is my fanart of Ezio. Hope ya like it!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Sans-Culottes watercolor fanart

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Disappointed in odyssey’s Olympics mission

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Just got the missions done in that part and am sad there wasn't more things to play like a javelin throw or the chariot races.

    Would you have rather seen a bit smaller of a map and more inclusion into the missions like this?

    submitted by /u/BearBrawl
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey - Killing Kallias? **POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN COMMENTS***

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    So I know I have to kill Kallias soon, however... I also know I have the option to kill him on the spot or kill him later my question is, what are the repercussions of both options? I can't find the play out ANYWHERE other than killing him on the spot! What happens if I let him live? Will he rat me out about my whereabouts? I just want to know so I don't mess up the game the way I let Kephallonia get infected by the disease 😩

    submitted by /u/Natyri
    [link] [comments]

    Curse of the Pharaohs finale on Nightmare

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    That was... not fun. I know people give Odyssey a hard time for the grind, but the bosses in this dlc were brutal, and not in the good way. Even with health and melee gear maxed out , several levels higher than them AND level 7 warrior mastery, they still take on hell of a beating. It would take forever to kill them if damage multiplying weapons weren't a thing. combine it with how hard to read most of their attack animations are, and the fact you would die in 3 hits (unless you get hit by the red attacks, which seem to be instant death combos), and you'll be there for a while. I have no problem with hard bosses, and I have no problem with long fights, but holy shit this was just unfair from start to finish. Did anyone else beat it on nightmare? If so, was it fun for you? I don't see how you could find it fun because it was just brutal, especially with needing to sit through the respawn load, cutscene load, the OTHER cutscene load like oof.

    submitted by /u/Cake_Lube
    [link] [comments]

    Did Achilles name Ratonhnhaké:ton Connor because his son was named Connor?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    I've always wondered this question and why Achilles gave Connor the name Connor.

    submitted by /u/Non-Sono-Italiano
    [link] [comments]

    AC: "Odd"yssey Into The Past - Glitches and Spoilers

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    Ok, so I just finished this quest, and I feel like it gave me Narrative Whiplash. I'm the type of player who likes to run around and clear maps before doing quests. At some point in the past, I must have cleared out a den of Vamps and freed a prisoner, but I literally don't remember any of it. Supposedly the prisoner gives you an Auola pipe flute, which I must have stuck in my inventory and completely forgotten about.

    After the first phase of this quest, Barnabas has a "Vision from the Gods" in which he sees his dead wife in three places: one place involving sirens, one with a cyclops, and one with a witch.

    Since I had already defeated the "sirens", I already had the Auola flute, so turned it in. Next I went after the cyclops, who was just a simple mountain of a man who wanted to go fishing. Easy enough quest. After he writes the poem, when Polyphemos is talking about needing a friend, it almost seems like they're setting up a ham-fisted romantic encounter, just like all the other ham-fisted romantic encounters in this game. Just as I was getting ready to turn him down, here comes Eurylochos!

    Who?

    Y'know, Eurylochos! He also likes to fish and write poems.

    WTF? Who is this guy?!

    A quick google search later, apparently he's the prisoner you freed from the vamps. Uh, ok? How'd he get here? I would have remembered if he had joined my crew. Whatever, Eury and Poly go on to live their totally platonic friendship on this active volcanic island. Polyphemos gives me a houseplant. Moving on.

    Ok, need to find a witch on Pares. Sneak up on the location marked on my map. As soon as I get up to the wall of the ruins, Kassandra screams out "Circe! I'm going to slit your throat!" (paraphrased). So much for the element of surprise! Who is this Circe? Why does Kassandra hate her? Why is she just as angry at Kassandra? Beats me!

    Shot one fire arrow right between her eyes, recovered the list of items and the bracelet. At this point I'm so confused, it's not even worth bothering trying to figure out who she is or why I just killed her.

    Head back to Barnabas, give him the spices from the cyclops and the bracelet from the witch. We realize they're all connected to Attika, so away we go.

    Fast forward, we've rescued Leda from the cave, and slain her suitors. There's a touching moment between Barnabas and the daughter he thought he lost so long ago. I choose not to invite her onto my crew, because she makes an excellent point about needing someone to tend to the farm, and I'm thinking: This could make for a good epilogue quest after all this is done, where Barnabas goes back to his daughter and finally gets a Cincinnatus style ending. They agree to part ways, and one day he'll come back to his daughter. Kassandra gives a wry smile, looks over her shoulder, and then exits stage left. Heartwarming.

    As soon as that cutscene ends, a new cutscene starts WHERE THE ENTIRE FARM IS ON FIRE!!! WTF happened?! Leda comes running up and asks, "Oh no! Who did this?", and I'm presented with what appears to be, from my perspective, the weirdest, most disjointed set of answers possible:

    [Lie] The Gods did it.

    I did it.

    I certainly didn't do it. Shouldn't the second option be the "Lie"? However, I'm also trying to play to the Creed and deny the Gods having any impact in our lives. What the hell am I supposed to do?

    Except, apparently, I did do it?

    In order to do an endrun solution for another glitch in this quest, the developers rigged it so that if you burn down all the grain silos in the area, you can auto-complete a quest called Demeter's Fire.

    A quest I had no idea about.

    A quest that was meant to give the players a choice of closure on Barnabas and Leda's relationship.

    A quest that somehow, at some point in the distant past, I had already decided the outcome of because I was trying to lower the faction influence in the area.

    Now Leda's part of my crew, I've got a sword I have no use for (certainly don't feel like a Hero), and can only assume this is going to end tragically when my ship sinks, taking both Barnabas and Leda down with it.

    WTF.

    submitted by /u/Snow_Ghost
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts on Odyssey and it’s place in the series

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    I recently completed Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and while I think the response on this subreddit was kinda exaggerated, I do have 2 big issues with Odyssey. They aren't gameplay elements or the RPG elements, but rather the way the dev team decided to handle the game itself. I can sort of appreciate and understand what they were trying to go for, but IMO it didn't work out.

    The first issue is the whole "bigger is better mentality" means that they had to sacrifice a lot of the quality that was present in other games. The Merc system is a good example, because apparently they thought that infinitely generated random NPCs were a good idea. Origins handled it better, in that the Phylakitai were not only tied to their own quest and the main quest, but they weren't thrown at your face every single time you tried to fight. This also applies to the Cultist system, because most of the cultists you kill are just random people. The game doesn't attempt to craft unique antagonists for you to hunt down and it doesn't bother trying to build them up in the story, all they get is a small paragraph that explains their backstory and that's it. There's no big conspiracy or unique Assassination missions, just random NPC's for you to kill. When you approach the game like this, it also limits the ability to write confessional cutscenes, which are such a staple of the franchise. This sort of segways into my next point.

    My second issue is that Odyssey does away with so many things that constitute the Assassins Creed identity. Like we can't have a hidden blade or the Assassin Brotherhood because of the time period, fine. Why are the villains this random ass cult instead of the Order? Why don't we have confessional cutscenes that were present since game 1? Why can I slaughter a village full of innocent civilians without desynch? Even little things like no Animus loading screen or Kassasndra's outfit not reflecting the Assassin motif or the Animus UI being more mythology based as opposed to sci-fi? We can't even hide in haystacks ffs. Even though a lot of these things are minor, they all add up and make the AC identity what it is and there was no point in removing them unless you're actively attempting to distance yourself from Assassin's Creed. It forces us to ask the question "How many things can AC remove before it stops being AC?"

    This is also why I'm excited for Valhalla. Even though they decided to keep the RPG elements like dialogue choices or the new combat system, they're bringing back so many of these classic AC elements as well as putting more of a focus on quality over quantity. They can fill it with RPGness for all I care, but as long as they address these things, the game has a right to be called Assassin's Creed in my opinion

    submitted by /u/Girnak
    [link] [comments]

    Large cities vs vast land ☠

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    So I am a huge fan of the franchise. I've beat every game, I own every art book for each game, I've bought every collectors edition of the game, you get the point. But last night I decided to pop in Syndicate after not playing it for months and coming off of origins and odyssey I can say this.....wow do I miss cities. Yes I know origins, odyssey, and ones like the O.G. first assassins creed have cities. But im talking cities taking there first steps into modernization like unity and syndicate for example. Hell even two, brotherhood, and revelations to an extent. Oh hell lets throw assassins creed 3 in there also. But in my opinion I miss when it seemed like Ubisoft would transition each game. Making one game more focused on old world and the next game seeming to be steering away from old world. Now the last 3 assassins creed games counting Valhalla are heavily focused swords, bow and arrows, and spears. I miss seeing the franchise progress and try and tackle the idea of incorporating melee combat into a modern world. I'd love to see them try and go back to a setting mid 1800's-1960's. Thinking of every game in the franchise unity and syndicate felt the most alive to me. I am well aware of the sides people stand on when it comes to those two games but regardless of what you think of them. No one can deny those games nailed the environment and the citizens. Those two games felt like real living cities which I felt origins and odyssey lacked. They offered beautiful cities to look at but the people fell flat. All in all I wish Ubisoft wasn't afraid to break the mold and try something new again. Lately it feels like they are taking safe bets. "Hack n slash open world that borderline fantasy". I'm fine with science fiction and fantasy in the modern storyline outside the animas. But what made assassins creed special was the fact it relied on history as the centerpiece and had the mystery of supernatural as the peaces of eden loomed in the shadows. I dont need to fight a cyclops in a franchise that had history as the selling point. If i wanted to I'd play the fantasic Witcher 3. Anyway let me know in the comments what you all think ✌

    submitted by /u/cody750
    [link] [comments]

    [AC UNITY Gamescom 2014] Would you be excited if you'd be seeing this kind of presentation gameplay nowadays ?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    AC3 - Is my game glitching or you actually have to lead people to the places they're supposed to show you? And is it skipping stuff?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    I just started it and Sam Adams says he'll show me the printer to shut down the posters...and then I have to lead him because he won't move even tho he says follow me? And I have to walk slow so I hear all dialogue sometimes...and it seems not a lot of stuff is explained? I did a frontiersman quest very early on, died from a wolr attack, and then couldn't do it again and I just got an animus database note about how I went back and told them about the camp I investigated lol what?

    Is this the game or is mine glitches and skipping things?

    submitted by /u/juststupid8970
    [link] [comments]

    How did conor know about haytham?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    I just got to Achilles' house. Did not expect him to know Haytham was his father...

    Did his mom tell him? Did my game glitch or something? It keeps freezing which is why I ask...no spoilers please. I would google this but I've been spoiled too many times that way.

    submitted by /u/juststupid8970
    [link] [comments]

    Should the brotherhood be real??

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    Should the assassin's Creed Brotherhood be real especially in these times now or not

    (PS who loves the unity tv spot trailer)

    submitted by /u/casspeed
    [link] [comments]

    AC Black Flags “Jogging problem”

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    I recently bought AC Black Flag. I'm loving everything except for one thing. The running/jogging. Every time i hold down R2 (PS4) he always jogs... and sometimes he would run just for only a couple of seconds. Its pretty annoying especially during these chase sequences. Ive played AC 4 on my WII U Years ago and I don't think I've ever came across this bugged mechanic. Ive read that maybe its my controller. And maybe that is the case since sometimes i get frustrated and cant help myself but to take some of my anger out on my controller by hitting it a couple of times. If anyone knows the trick to fixing this. Please please tell me 🙏

    Other than that I'm loving the game! Thank you.

    submitted by /u/ST_HEALTH
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey: Is It Pointless To Complete All Question Marks?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    From a story point of view, my next quest is to go to Attica for the first time (pretty early story wise).

    However, I've just been travelling the entire map completing all question marks, conquests, leaders, mercenaries, cultists and mythical creatures instead.

    I'm about 57 hours in, level 50 😂

    Thing is, I've found cultists along the way (by chance) which were probably due to be found through a further quest, I've also collected a few items in my inventory that are blank (I can only assume that they become visible later on - again, tied to a future quest)?

    I'm a bit of a completionist but I'm starting to think that I may be ruining future quests?

    Has anyone else followed this approach?

    submitted by /u/shuffles03
    [link] [comments]

    Frontiersmen missions not showing up on map in AC3?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    I literally just started the game and got out of the village. I started the frontiersmen mission cuz it was on the way and it told me to look for clues at the camp...i couldn't figure out what that meant until I randomly decided to walk up to a viewpoint. Is it supposes to show or is it because I hadn't discovered that area yet? Should I wait to do these? I havent even become an assasin yet.

    I died fighting a wolf and then restarted but then what? Looks like theres a database entry but I didn't go back or anything? Also I tried going to the peddler but it's invisible? Is this a bug or? It says it's 2 meters away but there is nothing there and then on the map it's further away from me.

    I look in the database but I can't find anything. What the heck is a peg leg trinket!?

    submitted by /u/juststupid8970
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on everything we know about Valhalla so far? Please ignore if you want to go in blind.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    I for one and very excited to see the return of one hit stealth and the hidden blade. I think what we know about the skills so far looks really cool, and the combat altogether looks to be far less damage spongey and more skill based than the last entry. The game looks absolutely gorgeous and the voice acting for male Elvor sounds absolutely wonderful. I hope the story choices will have some legitimate impact, as one particular example from a video I watched had somone challenge an ally of the main character after you spared them, and you step in to fight in their name if you so choose, leading to that person dead either way (although I wonder had you not accepted would it go differently) leading to me being concerned about the illusion of choice. I would love to hear everyones thoughts.

    submitted by /u/Canuggets
    [link] [comments]

    why did Kaniehti:io spare George Washington during the Braddock Expedition.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    why did Kaniehti:io spare George Washington during the Braddock Expedition? I mean, she did have her knife to his throat, and her, Haytham, the Native Americans, and the Templars killed a lot of people there, so it's strange that she let George Washington live, other than cause of Historical Accuracy of course, so I don't know.

    submitted by /u/TheHood2001
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Bayek as an Animal Crossing villager!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    Most powerful weapon in odyssey?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I've been looking up the most powerful weapon in the game on google, it says Minotaur's Labrys. But I don't know if it's true. So i'll leave it to the pros to answer this.

    submitted by /u/doginastove
    [link] [comments]

    Are the Lairs of romelus glitched?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I am in sequence six in ac brotherhood and I want to unlock the armor of Brutus but on my map they will not show up I went to where I knew their was one (coliseum) and it didn't let me enter it. Is this some kind of glitch or is there a certain point the show up in?

    Edit one showed up but it's in a restricted Borgia zone so I'm guessing I just have to progress more Edit 2 I have found the you unlock them after you kill the baron.

    submitted by /u/MrStan13
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Unity’s learning curve?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    I just recently started playing Unity, and I really want to like it (and I do like a lot of it), but I have to admit I'm finding it incredibly difficult. I feel like I had ACI through Rogue down to a science, and I'm sure that's why they switched things up a bit. But I'm having a hard time with many aspects of the game. Not only is it harder, it feels like there's so much going on once.

    I keep getting spotted because I forget to use Eagle Vision every 30 seconds to identify enemies. And when I do, I get visually overwhelmed with all the collectibles, enemies, hiding spots, etc. that are now lit up through walls and can be on ground level, inside a building, or on top of it. I like that you can now do controlled descents, but despite everyone saying how good the parkour is, I'm having a much harder time getting Arno to do what I want than I had with any other protagonist (especially going into windows, even when I press L2). I find taking cover to be detrimental to my stealth, because most of the time when I try to move him from cover to cover, he goes somewhere I didn't intend, or just stands straight up (I believe I'm supposed to press X and the directional stick, which I'm doing). I'm also of course having some trouble with the different combat mechanics and visual cues, but I'm sure that will come much more easily with practice (especially since a lot of it goes back to things from Ezio's games).

    I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get used to these differences, or whether this is one of the reasons some people don't like Unity. Let me know how you felt when you started playing / feel free to give me any tips!

    Edit: I also keep experiencing a thing where I'm running through the streets minding my own business (not in restricted areas) and suddenly I have eyes on me and guards are telling me to stop. Why is that happening?? Is simply running considered a notorious action?

    submitted by /u/racechaserr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment