• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I’ve always wanted the next AC game to have an immersive camera angle. I tried doing that in Odyssey’s photo mode and it looks great. I wish in Valhalla, an option to have a closer camera is there, like GTA.

    Assassin's Creed I’ve always wanted the next AC game to have an immersive camera angle. I tried doing that in Odyssey’s photo mode and it looks great. I wish in Valhalla, an option to have a closer camera is there, like GTA.


    I’ve always wanted the next AC game to have an immersive camera angle. I tried doing that in Odyssey’s photo mode and it looks great. I wish in Valhalla, an option to have a closer camera is there, like GTA.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    Maybe Ubisoft is going to add King Arthur stuff to ACV or a future Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    I couldnt find a good wallpaper for my phone, so I made one myself, do you guys like it?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    Fan art for an Assassin's Creed game set during the Great Emu War

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    Assassin's Creed Syndicate is, in almost every way, what Unity could have been with an extra year of development time.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    So, in preparation for Valhalla, I'm getting caught up on current-gen Assassin's Creed by playing through the last four games in order (Unity, Syndicate, Origins, Odyssey). I've played every game prior except for Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II, and didn't get a current-gen console until 2018 so I fell rather behind on the franchise.

    I finished Unity a few weeks ago, and found I really loved parts of it that had a ton of potential. The open-ended assassination missions, the improved freerunning system, and graphically it had its moments where it took my breath away, particularly for a 2014 release. But back then I just couldn't steer clear on the internet away from talk about how broken the game was at launch; even when I was playing it I ran into a few game-breaking bugs, had a few bluescreens, and my PS4 was chugging along somewhere between 20 and 30 frames per second throughout my playthrough. On top of that the gameplay felt somewhat sluggish and I didn't like a lot of the level design, particularly as I got toward the end of the game. It had a passable story and overall I'd say it was a fine experience, but for me it just didn't hold up against other entries I'd played.

    I then downloaded Syndicate with middling expectations. When this game released in 2015 I heard next to nothing about it or its quality, so I assumed that was all I needed to know what I was in for. I'm very glad to say that isn't the case, and as a final entry in the "true" Assassin's Creed franchise, it holds up remarkably.

    Having just finished sequence 4 of Syndicate, it's become blatantly clear to me that if Unity had had an extra year of development--which could have been done, if they'd just released Rogue in 2014 and delayed Unity another year--it would have been so much better remembered.

    Syndicate improves on literally everything I disliked about Unity.

    • Genuinely likable protagonists as opposed to "I guess I kinda care about him" Arno Dorian
    • Drastically improved performance, maintaining a steady 30FPS on a base PS4
    • Greatly improved progression that builds on what was established in Unity
    • London is much more enjoyable to explore than Paris, which felt like a generic backdrop
    • Open-ended assassination missions returned with improved stealth mechanics

    It's just so great. I could go on gushing about this game--so far it's cruising straight for my number 2 favorite AC game (behind Black Flag)--but I'll just leave it at this:

    Assassin's Creed Syndicate is proof of the impact that just one year of development can have on the quality of a game.

    submitted by /u/gendernotfound629
    [link] [comments]

    Replaying Every AC in order is bringing back my passion for gaming. And I hope other people do it too.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    TLDR; been an ac fan for 8 nearly 9 years and replaying the AC games is bringing back my love and passion for gaming. And I'm quite hyped for what Darby has written in Valhalla.

    So. I've been an AC fan since I was around 12 I'm now nearly 20. And I decided for the first time I was going to replay all the games in order from AC1 to Odyssey including all the side games like chronicles and the DLC games like Freedom cry. Not only did I decide to do this to replay some of my favourite games and to replay the story to build up to Valhalla but It was also to rekindle my passion for gaming as a whole.

    It's such a great feeling, reliving moments I haven't relived in many years, I just finished Revelations and I'll be starting AC3 tomorrow ( which is actually one of my favourites, maybe due to nostalgia I'm not sure). Basically the long story short, AC has been a mainstay in my gaming life, and despite the disappointment that was Odyssey when it comes to core AC elements I still can't wait to play them all.

    Also... by god was the Ezio trilogy a masterpiece, I felt the same wonder I did nearly 8 years ago playing the Ezio trilogy back to back during one summer. The fact I'm more invested in the story too now I'm older is so refreshing for me.

    I as many of you may be am very hyped for Valhalla. From small snippets we've seen it seems to be more assassins creedy than odyssey and origins in some regards. With Darby writing and Jesper and Sarah on the soundtrack My fingers are crossed that we are getting a beautifully written and beautifully sounding AC game once again.... I just hope I'm not hugely disappointed

    Anyway thanks AC for all the memories you have given me

    submitted by /u/squintyboiJP
    [link] [comments]

    Rogue was such a breath of fresh air to me

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    I've played every AC near release since the beginning, I'd call myself a die hard fan at this point. I had skipped Rogue because I was busy with school and only had time for Unity, plus it was not advertised well enough I think to catch my eye enough..

    Anyways, after playing through Odyssey and having my brain turned to mush from the garbage dialogue, voice acting, story, mythical creatures, and repetitive missions, I bought Rogue to wrap up the Unity story and was thoroughly impressed. The story was great and the game mechanics (Minus the parkour) was great as a whole. It reminded me why I enjoy Assassin's Creed so much: This game didn't have Odyssey's graphics or scenery, or good looking water.. but it had a story for me to play through that was actually intriguing. The story kept me on edge and every cut scene got me excited to jump back in and play the next sequence. Oh, and achieving 100% synchronization, man I missed that part. The very ending is what really got me too and made me wish I was advised to play Rogue before Unity at the time of release, but it is what it is!

    Thought I'd just rant a bit because even in 2020, old Assassin's Creed proves to be a solid game. Change is good, but sometimes change can be bad especially if whatever you have is still working.

    submitted by /u/Scirollo
    [link] [comments]

    The Best Assassins Creed Details From r/GamingDetails

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Is Assassins Creed continuing in the Mythology themes in the future?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    I mean, with games and movies and whatnot, a trilogy is most common and the Origins/Odyessey/Valhalla Trilogy is over after Valhalla. I personally want a new engine because there's just something about the graphics and UI in Assassins Creed that I can't stand. But anyways, I just picked up Odyssey and know nothing about Assassins Creed and I really like the look of Valhalla so I was wondering if there's information about the future beyond that.

    submitted by /u/SubServiceBot
    [link] [comments]

    Assasins in History? (Might Contain Minor Spoilers From Any AC Game)

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I was trying to sleep and this thought came across my mind so I wanted to have an information exchange. Might read replies in the morning if there are any.

    So, in AC1 we play Altair, one of the members of Nizari Ismaili sect, which was founded by Hassan-i Sabbah and in the game their mentor was Rashid ad-Din Sinan aka Al Mualim. Nizari Ismaili members were called hashasins by their enemies (I think) or Asasiyuns by Hassan Sabbah. So that organisation really exists. But what about other games?

    In AC2, Brotherhood, Unity and the games after that, we see an organisation. Protagonists doesnt act by himselves or herselves. Are there any big sects like AC1, or is it just Ubisofts fiction to tell a story in these parts of history?

    And btw, it is a little bit irrelevant with the subject but am I the only one who thinks AC Origins damaged the AC1 story, since even the word assassins coming from asasiyuns of Hassan Sabbah? Did not play Origins so might be dumb asking it if it explained there.

    submitted by /u/ABSarac
    [link] [comments]

    What's the name of this music?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/B5H8iR5KWyo

    Does anyone know what the name of the music in that video is? It's the one that plays whenever you're about to start a new Tour in AC Origins discovery.

    I've gone through the entire ost but can't find it.

    submitted by /u/ashmenon
    [link] [comments]

    Best confessions in the series?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    Not talking about any single confession but all of them as a a whole. For me it's easily Origins with 2 as a not-so-close second

    submitted by /u/lonerapsfan
    [link] [comments]

    How similar is Assassin’s Creed Origins to previous ones?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    Questions about AC Origins

    I've gotten into Assassin's Creed fairly recently, and since AC Origins is on sale on Uplay, I can get the Gold Edition of it for $20. I've also been considering a few other ones, but I wanted to know some things about this one because it's the highest value sale. I'm mainly asking because I haven't played any of the more RPG-like ones (latest I've played is Syndicate).

    1. How is the parkour compared to Unity and AC 2? Parkour is a big part of why I like these games so much. Did they reuse the parkour system from Syndicate and Unity or change it again? And is it still a big part of the game or is it less necessary than any of the previous games?

    2. How is the combat? I'm not super picky about this part, so long as it isn't as boring and repetitive as it was in the earliest games.

    3. What's the world like? Does it have lots of urban areas, or does most of it take place away from cities?

    4. Is stealth still viable? I know it's more like games like the Witcher and Skyrim, but the possibility (or even necessity) for stealth should still be there right?

    5. How far into the RPG system did they go? Did they go full Skyrim or did they go 50/50 Assassin's Creed and RPG?

    submitted by /u/DarkRiver99
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Assassin's Creed Black Flag DLC problem

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    Ubisoft support is down at the moment so I come to you.
    I have the Season Pass for Black Flag on PC (not the Steam version) but the contents (islands and appearances) don't show in game! In the store it says I have to play pass Sequence 3 memory 4 (i'm in Sequence 4) but some don't require anything which means I should see them. UPlay says I own them and I do have them installed for sure.
    I've seen some folks complain about this as far as 2016 but no solution...

    Can someone help me?

    submitted by /u/AsprosOfAzeroth
    [link] [comments]

    Layla has no connection to any of the character we play like Desmond

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    I know that this is a very old topic but I've been replaying all the ac games from the 1st to odyssey and the one thing I have noticed is that Layla has no connection to who we are playing as unlike Desmond where the whole point they needed him was because he DID have a connection with all the people we play as like Altair and ezio but now instead of seeing traits from desmonds ancestors In him we just have a random girl with a special animus that can just throw her into the past which makes no sense because In all the games the whole point was that they needed Desmond to see into the past due to his dna. So I'm just totally confused at the point of the first games where if the animus can just take dna from objects then why would they need Desmond it just makes no sense and yes you can say that it's because that Layla is in the future and they have better technology but that still doesn't make up for Layla just not being a good character at all , the only connection i feel to her is that I'm stuck with her so I should try to understand her but I can't because there isn't a connection between any of the characters we play. Sorry for writing all this I just couldn't hold it in anymore because the first games where so good at story telling and Incorporating connection from all the character we play to the modern day character but now all it feels like is that we're some lucky person finding ancient objects with random dna on them that just randomly have a connection to the past instead of a character that has dna that isn't randomly found and makes sense to why the characters found it because ezio being the prophet and Altair being the person to remake the brotherhood.

    P.s what are your guys thought all Valhalla should they keep Layla or did a way to bring back Desmond tell me your thoughts

    submitted by /u/jackno-life
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed India: My pitch. If you have any suggestions let me know in the comments.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    Assassin's creed: Rise of The People

    Time period: 1857, the First Indian rebellion

    Setting: British India

    Locations: Delhi, Agra, Jhansi, Midlothian County (Scotland) (and some others)

    Main character: Ravi Vyas, An Indian sepoy (soldier) in the British Military.

    Primary targets: Charles Canning, 1st Earl of Canning and James Broun-Ramsay, 1st Marquess of Dalhousie (famously known as Lord Dalhousie). Dalhousie has the apple of Eden and works for the Templars.

    Secondary targets: General John Nicholson, Sir Hugh Wheeler, Sir Colin Campbell and a few others.

    Allies: Nana Saheb, Tatya Tope, Rani (Queen) of Jhansi, Kunwar Singh etc.

    The main character, Ravi is a loyal British soldier but when Mangal Pandey (widely recognised at the initiator of the rebellion) attacks a British Lieutenant and a soldier named Jamadar Ishwari Prasad is asked to arrest him but he refuses and as a result of this; both Mangal Pandey and Jamadar Ishwari Prasad are hanged. The main character grew up with Jamadar and both of them had been drafted together. He swears to take revenge and takes part in the rebellion and is later informed by a sympathetic British official about the Apple of Eden and how Lord Dalhousie, The former Governor General of British India, possessed it.

    Battles: Battle of Jhansi, Battle of Agra, Siege of Lucknow, Siege of Delhi (Main battle).

    submitted by /u/Rslashfan1818
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] A preview of some songs from the OST

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    Here is a link to some songs from the OST. I personally wont listen to it yet but its here for those who will.

    https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nvBiWqmjb1lj7qogdTLX90ynqGhMZRiwE

    submitted by /u/cjb0008
    [link] [comments]

    I would like if they return Animus Access in 1st person from AC1

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    I liked when Desmond enter the Animus in AC1 and you could see synchronisation progress. They could add more stuffs, like gallery, database etc.

    submitted by /u/oaleebih
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on the first conquest battle in Odyssey

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    How the hell do I do this? It said it was for level 10, I have fully engraved Level 12 gear equipped, and I still can't do it. I can't beat 3 people at once all with shields without getting health regen from somewhere.

    submitted by /u/Amekyras
    [link] [comments]

    I just 100% Liberation HD and am about to replay Black Flag. However I was wondering if Aveline DLC is worth it?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    It's currently 5 bucks on PSN and I wonder if it has enough content to be worth it.

    The biggest pull for me would be actually getting to enjoy gameplay with her character as Liberation HD was quite often horrendous and stressful.

    Being able to play as her in a superior engine would be nice.

    submitted by /u/ButtCutter88
    [link] [comments]

    Are the cult of Kosmos and Family storyline’s intertwined?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    I hope this isn't a stupid question, since the game's been out so long, but I just got it since it was an absurd like 80% off for gold members on the Xbox store. I'm having a ton of fun, and I just got to the point where you talk to Deimos on Andros after discovering the forge.

    This seems to me like the point where the game really opens up, and gives you the choice of which way to take it. So my question is really, theoretically, if I were to complete the family storyline while ignoring the cult of Kosmos one, would the plot still make sense, would their be spoilers? And vice versa. Is there a recommended order to go about doing it, or does the opportunity to take down the cult come just get presented to you as you go through the family storyline.

    submitted by /u/w311sh1t
    [link] [comments]

    Those who have started a second game on Odyssey.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    I have already finished odyssey and wanted to start a new game but can't decide if I want to start from scratch or do the new game+. I want to do the new game+ so that I can reach max level and get all my armor upgraded to max. However I feel like doing this would take away from the fun. If you've done the new game+ does it feel like you don't have as much to work for since you already have most of the legendary armor? Or does it feel like it is too easy since you start with your old setups? Like I think about all the quests where you earn legendary armor and it seems like it would take away from the fun of starting over by not having to find new armor. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/SharedBarbecue
    [link] [comments]

    Ranking of the Assassin's Creed naval combat

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    1. Black Flag. Far and away the best naval in the series, which is fitting for a game about pirates. Controls are tight and responsive, upgrading the Jackdaw is massive fun, and the narrative reason behind it is astounding.

    2. Odyssey. Shit game, but fun naval combat. Major step down from Black Flag but major step up from Origins. Still don't understand how arrows do as much damage as cannonballs tho

    3. Rogue. Personal preference for me. It's below Black Flag and Odyssey because of the narrative reason behind it all. In Black Flag, you are a pirate trying to get rich in the Caribbean. In Rogue, you're some boring Irish guy in the River Valley with no narrative reason for blowing up these ships. Then again, still fun enough. The gameplay stuff is just like Black Flag but exploration isn't as fun in my opinion.

    4. AC3. Still quite fun but just starting out. Feels a bit stiff and you don't have a bunch of cool moves yet.

    5. Origins. Just quite shit really, fantastic game though.

    submitted by /u/lonerapsfan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment