• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 24, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Something about a certain character in Odyssey that really annoyed me. [Spoiler]

    Assassin's Creed Something about a certain character in Odyssey that really annoyed me. [Spoiler]


    Something about a certain character in Odyssey that really annoyed me. [Spoiler]

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    I'm on episode 7 now. It's obvious that Aspasia is the Ghost of Cosmos, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when Phoibe gets killed, Kassandra rightly blames Aspasia, but when she confronts her about it, the conversation goes as follows:

    "It's your fault Phoibe is dead"

    "No it's not"

    "Yes, it is"

    "You're right. I guess I kind of am to blame"

    "Oh honey, no. You're perfect in every single way. Nothing's your fault. Let's be besties"

    submitted by /u/LeifUnni
    [link] [comments]

    The most important thing that needs to return in the newer AC games is the fucking sprint button.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Jesus fucking christ bayek is such a slow jogger. I wanted to take a fucking hook and rip my anus out and then bbq it because that's how much his jogging annoyed me. My 80 year old grandma moves quicker in her therapy sessions. Syndicate was the last game where we could sprint and it was fucking awesome. Even the horse is slow as fuck in city.

    submitted by /u/VirtualPost
    [link] [comments]

    I made a painting inspired by the beautiful vistas of Black Flag

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Game idea: South American AC game

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Does anyone else think that the next AC game after Valhalla should be set in South America, it could be set in Brazil or Peru, and the Templars are the Spanish conquistadors and you're an Assassin fighting against them and protecting your homeland

    submitted by /u/Ps4-is-better
    [link] [comments]

    My opinion on Assassin's Creed Rogue.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Before going into details I'd like to say that my opinions tend to be kinda unpopular and I'm open for any kind of discussion.

    Before playing this game I hadn't exactly seen any hood reviews and everyone said that it was like a BF DLC, so I didn't have any expectations whatsoever. But I must admit I was impressed. I will start with the gameplay. To be honest this game improved in each and every one aspect from black flag, the combat wasn't much different but it gave you more options to do things, even the ship combat is way better than BF. Also I dare say that this game has one of the most fun side missions I've played in AC, that being the assassin interceptions and the gang headquarters are pretty fun too. Also I think that the map is way better than BF's, I love the North Atlantic sea and also you have the whole New York from AC3. One thing that I loved is how few tailing missions it has, in comparison to BF. Furthermore this is the only AC game that I loved collecting the collectibles and I finished each and every location before completing the game. Now let's go to story. Here BF is superior. Although Shay looked like a nice guy, he was a bit weird and his decision making is questionable, but apart from that the story was nice but short.

    This game could have been better than BF, if it was longer. They could have added more missions about the 7 years war, or show how the templars work when they don't just hunt down assassins and maybe they could have tied Shay's personality and reasoning a bit better to the story. To finish off I think this is one of the most underrated games in the franchise and I don't really understand why people don't like it.

    submitted by /u/kostas162000
    [link] [comments]

    Bayeks Legacy outfit should be Assassin robes not Medjay robes

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    Playing through rogue remastered and saw Bayeks Legacy outfit. Is it just me or would Bayeks Hidden Ones robes be 10x better as Legacy robes than his worn Medjay robes. I kinda hope that his Legacy robes in Valhalla are his Hidden Ones robes but I know that's not likely.

    submitted by /u/darth_thror
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think they should make Lydia Frye her own full game?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    I played her little mini game in AC Syndicate and actually thought it was a blast. I want to see a full game with Lydia Frye taking place during the First World War

    submitted by /u/shaquille_oatmeal98
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 is one of the best games (now that I can finally play it)

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    I have been playing AC since 2010, always playing on PC. AC games have usually not been optimized very well for PC, with the worst offenders being AC3 and Unity which I never finished. I stopped playing AC3 during the first ship mission and haven't touched it since.

    I got a PS4 a few months ago and got the AC3 remastered version and I am just blown away by the game. There are still some annoying things (quick time events for animal attacks, and tendency to jump in the wrong direction during parkour) but this game is rapidly climbing my AC ranks.

    The more I play, the more I love this game:

    • The environments are beautiful, both the frontier and the towns.
    • The combat makes you feel powerful even though you can get overwhelmed quickly.
    • The characters are very well done, my favorites being Ben Franklin and Daniel Boone (I really like his crazy tall tales)
    • Free running through the forest and outwitting animals and humans
    • The homestead: I love that it's a who's who of people who kind of got ignored when America became a country (black people, native Americans, women, catholics, the Irish, etc.)
    • The politics: the setting is perfect for an AC game in a way I never fully realized. The chaos leading up to the war and during the war is perfect for this type of story. I also like that the story doesn't shy away from the shortcomings and flaws of the founding either
    • The crafting and trade system is unique and more complex than previous games.

    The ship missions leave much to be desired still but that's honestly just because I've played black flag and that game's sailing is so polished and fun.

    I feel bad for hating on this game for so long. I have already put in so many hours running around the frontier and doing everything I can find. It's not going to be my top AC game but its gonna be close.

    (I'm also excited to play rogue and unity since those are the other two I've never gotten much past the beginning since the PC port was really terrible at release.)

    submitted by /u/NeitherStyle9
    [link] [comments]

    I just “finished” AC IV: Black Flag as my entry point into the series and wanted to share my experience.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    I'm exhausted. This game is HUGE. So much to do. I also need to admit upfront I am not a 100%-er on games. There are just too many games out there waiting to be played for me to do that. I'll usually play side quests, go on grinding, unlock items, etc. up to the point where I know I won't be able to take it anymore if I don't move on and wrap up the main story within a day or so. I hit that point on ACIV a couple days ago and decided to move on with a plan to finish today after work.

    HOWEVER, it occurred to me last evening that I wanted to upgrade my ship more before heading into the final sequence, which led to about a six hour detour of mining money from treasure maps I hadn't finished yet and collecting the necessary metal from sea battles... until 3:00 am. Ugh.

    The game itself is excellent. The remaster on Switch is nothing short of superb. I loved the story and the characters. The main character, Kenway, I enjoyed him so much he might be a Halloween costume contender for me this year, although everyone will just think I'm a pirate.

    The gameplay was a little sticky but fun. I hated running into something as I tried to escape a battle, only to end up stuck to a pole, and I really couldn't get over accidentally mashing my way into Eagle Vision every time I was panic running/climbing. If I were to rate the game, I'd actually have to take off points not because of these little nuances through, but because there was just too much to do — so 8.75/10. Can I give quarters? I feel like 8.5 is too low and 9 is too high.

    Having never played an Assassin's Creed game, I had no idea what to expect going into this. Heck, for the first 15 hours I feel like I didn't even get it (especially the switching between present day and the 1700s). But once I figured it out I started to appreciate the overarching theme and story of the series. Had to take a minute and do a little googling on that too. I will very likely play another AC game someday but defiantly not right now. I need a break! Whooweee, that was a burner! I need a nap too.

    I don't see a lot of traction on the AC4 sub so figured it would be ok to post here and to ask about others in the series. I hear AC III is the one to really stay away from out of the series (although I guess they fixed a lot on the Switch remaster?).

    I have AC: Rouge bundled with Black Flag and two DLC shorter games that came with the package. Definitely gonna wait on those for now though!

    As you all probably know the time to play the main story (according to the Internet) is about 20 hours. I played 49 hours and 38 minuets. So just about 30 hours on top of main story and I will say I left A LOT on the table. This is definitely not a "platinum post" — just a mental decompress after finishing the game from a newb to the franchise.

    submitted by /u/AbacabLurker
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed Origins Walking the Walk Open World Analysis

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    Assassin's Creed Unity: A Look Back at the Major Leaks

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    What is your favorite AC game and why?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Every Assassin's Creed game has it's own appeal. I want to hear some opinions of others as to what their favorite AC game is and why. Personally, I love Origins. They smoothed the controls, I love the RPG elements they introduced, I love Bayek and Aya's story, and Egypt is a beautiful setting.

    Please be nice and respect the opinions of others! Also let's keep it light on spoilers since some people haven't played every single game (myself included 😅)

    submitted by /u/RedLeader5480
    [link] [comments]

    A great way to experience AC1

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    I see a lot of people saying that AC 1 is boring, I love it but can understand that it's different for everyone but if you would still like to experience it I really recommend watching the Leo K marathon of it from 2019: here is the Playlist

    He gives loads of background and does the full modern day experience, I already loved the game but watching it like this was great fun.

    submitted by /u/cptpetros
    [link] [comments]

    Mini-review of Origins. Spoiler-ish?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    I've done this a couple of times now, first for Unity, then for Syndicate. I finished Origins last week, and didn't have the ability to review it the following day, but wanted to keep this going. Origins is, I feel, a very different game from the previous entries in the Assassin's Creed series, so a lot of these thoughts are in relation to the rest of the franchise.

    1. The game starts with a bang throwing you right into a big fight, but because the narrative isn't clearly laid out and the (awful) default control scheme is not intuitive, it was really hard for me to focus on either the little bit of narrative that was trying to be explained or the combat tutorial. Trying to communicate two things at once like that is awful, and I can't imagine no one knew it.
    2. Thank God for the alternate control scheme. Maybe it's not a big deal for someone who's just randomly picking it up, but going from Syndicate to the default scheme was terrible.
    3. Eagle vision kind of sucks now? I'm kind of wishy-washy on this, because I did eventually mostly get used to it. I appreciate being able to move Senu around and actually getting to explore a little bit that way, as well as having a seemingly much larger number of enemies to track and a larger range, but having just the outlines of NPCs - not to mention how easy it is to miss one entirely because they happened to walk behind something - is so much harder to work with. I wish we had the much higher contrast grey-scale with the NPCs popping out with some color.
    4. Boy this game is pretty. There's so much detail and the scale is huge. It's too huge, actually. It feels overwhelming. I love exploring these open world games, but I could literally feel myself getting tremendously sidetracked just from looking at the size of the map. I ended up deciding to focus solely on the main campaign as a result, but I feel like I missed out on so much stuff that I may go back to work on some more.
    5. I like Bayek and Aya as a couple, but it was pretty clear from early on that they weren't going to last. Their grief drove them to make different choices, but they could have survived it if they'd chosen to be together (choosing to be apart didn't make sense for most of the game, I felt like) rather than so regularly choosing to be apart. It's tragic, but honestly a super-believable relationship. I was fully expecting one of them to die as soon as we got to play as Aya as well, so I'm glad they both lived.
    6. Playing as Aya was a little frustrating, honestly, because I'd developed a playstyle built around certain abilities that Aya just didn't have. It wasn't awful, just kind of annoying after having finally worked out how I wanted to use the (really convoluted) skill tree.
    7. For a game about the origins of the Brotherhood, there's very little explanation for the vast majority of rituals and processes that Bayek and the assassins go through. We see the founding members of the Brotherhood (with some people I never saw until that cutscene?), we see "oh hey, here's this fancy special blade that we're taping to your arm to hide it, watch out it might cut off your finger, oh wait, it did", but the conversations/discovery during the assassination? The feather? The hood sort of makes sense as an environmental thing in this area, but then why would they all adopt it across the board? Unless this all gets explained in side quests maybe? Seems kind of central to the identity of the Assassins though, so....
    8. Boat sections are kind of lame. I appreciate that they're trying to go back and include things that were popular from previous games (going from town to town! riding in the wilderness! the Animus loading room!) but these boat sections felt tacked on, like they're checking a box instead of working to create a fun experience.
    9. Riding from town to town was so cool to see again, even if it took forever. (Have I mentioned the map is huge?) Having the ability to set the auto-ride to just follow a road, go to an objective, or go to a custom waypoint (!) was super cool and really let you take in the sights around you.
    10. Layla Hassan is kind of annoying. Like the worst possible combination of the know-it-all nerd and the insufferable egomaniac. She's kind of what all nerds would end up being if they got a little too much of The Fonz in them. This is probably a secret fantasy of a lot of nerds though (myself somewhat included), and thus why she is this way. XD I appreciate that she's brilliant, but making her single-handedly responsible for overcoming the need to explore the genetic memory of one's own ancestors kind of verges into Mary Sue territory almost. And it eliminates a really cool aspect of the franchise in the process, I think. Who doesn't want to imagine that they come from a long line of super cool people?
    11. The ending feels pretty abrupt. Not "Halo 2 'Finishing this fight'" abrupt, but still. Cleopatra using them for her own ends seemed pretty obvious from the outset, but the "final" two assassination targets being served up on a platter? Aya being right there for Ptolemy and then...it's a cutscene? Bayek and Aya coming together at the end just to be like, "No, we really are breaking up, for sure"? It's like they knew they had to wrap things up, but kind of didn't care or maybe just didn't have enough time to flesh it out. It was weak. There was a moment right at the end where I thought maybe they were going to reveal that there's been two separate Brotherhoods from the start, one following Bayek's lead, the other following Aya/Amunet's, which would have been a crazy cool twist, but it just didn't happen. They're just different bureaus is all.
    12. I like that they gave us the origin of the Brotherhood, even if I think they could have done it better. I like that it's essentially Libertarianism as a response to Authoritarianism - this feels like a really human reaction, to me. What throws me off is that the Order just...exists? Getting an origin for the Order would have been nice too. And it would be even better if they decided to break it down and acknowledge that both of these factions are born out of human philosophies on authority. Instead it's sort of sold as "The Order exists because the Isu existed" instead of the more believable "these factions exist because people of good faith, with the best of intentions, can come to different conclusions about the same topic". Making it a more universal struggle would make things so much easier to believe.

    Overall, there's a lot I like about Origins. It seems pretty clear to me that they wanted to really shake things up, and it wouldn't shock me if the team started out making a different game (read: not an Assassin's Creed game) entirely. The scope of the game is huge - too huge at times - and switching things up to be more RPG-lite is an interesting choice that I'm not sure serves the franchise as a whole. It's a fun game, but even focusing just on the main campaign feels stretched out by the end. I would have happily sacrificed large chunks of Egypt (that weren't part of the campaign anyway) for a more coherent, focused story with a stronger ending. I enjoyed it overall, but it's not one of the top Assassin's Creed games, in my opinion. Exploring the Pyramids was pretty cool though....

    submitted by /u/Starbuck_83
    [link] [comments]

    First Journey Through The Series

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    After many years of hearing about the series (and trying a few times to get started), I'm finally into the series enough to keep playing games!

    I'd previously tried 1, 2, 4, and Origins, and didn't really get into any of them enough to get very far. After buying 3 Remastered on a whim, though, I was hooked. Insanely great game from the get-go.

    I've moved onto 4 now, and I'm going to continue chronologically from there (perhaps skipping Syndicate unless it goes on sale by then). Maybe I'll go back to 2, but I'm not holding my breath after my last experience. I have them all, though (sans 1 and Syndicate).

    Something I didn't realise or expect was that 3 Remastered overhauled the gameplay to make it feel smoother? I didn't expect 4 to feel like a downgrade afterwards, but it wasn't bad enough to not play.

    Not sure what the point of this post was to be honest, but letting the community know that I'll be joining soon, and to get any hints or tips to help me not stop before I'm done. Maybe when I'm done I'll give my rankings as a new person to the large series.

    submitted by /u/SUDoKu-Na
    [link] [comments]

    How do you complete Assassins Tombs from AC2?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    So I'm really shit at parkour, and just unlocked them, anyways I tried to complete one, buts it's way too confusing to do, any advise on how to do it?

    submitted by /u/JaxC_14
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth completing AC2 to 100%?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    Is it worth completing the game to 100%? Or should I just finish the main story and side missions? Cause I'm pretty early in the story and the assassins tombs are a pain in the ass, and the feathers are fucking annoying, what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/JaxC_14
    [link] [comments]

    Quick little take on Odyssey after 126 hours with it.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    This game easily has the worst writing I've ever experienced in a videogame. I was hoping to run into some actual fun by doing stranger quests , and a few were actually interesting but besides that , the main quest and just about everything else was absolutely horrible.

    And your character becomes vehemently overpowered maybe 60 hours into the game. Clearing forts and ANY level mercenary is an absolute breeze. Clearly they didn't develop this game enough , just threw in a huge map with question marks to explore.

    The game definitely had potential to build on what origins did, but failed miserably. In hindsight I honestly think it trumps Syndicate as THE worst game in the series . Didnt think that was possible . Thankfully due to quarantine I had the time to finally run through this game , and I'm glad to say I will never pick it up again. Please Ubisoft Quebec never touch this series again.

    submitted by /u/foreignboyblanco
    [link] [comments]

    Some fanon logos of Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Is the place from this screenshot (an early 2017 leak for Origins) still in the game?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    Your favorite viewpoint from any of the games?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Most viewpoints are pretty negligible, but there are a few from each game that stand out. What's your favorite?

    submitted by /u/SimpleWayfarer
    [link] [comments]

    What would you think about an Assassins Creed game set in World War 1?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    How would the story be for you? How would the character be? Which gadgets would he/she use? In which places would the game be set?

    submitted by /u/FacundoPoblete
    [link] [comments]

    Continuing my AC Journey Part 5: Thoughts on 100%ing AC3, TToKW, and ACC: China

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    Hello all! This is going to be part of a series chronicling my first time playing the Assassin's Creed games during 2020 and, hopefully, beyond! Here's links to the previous parts:

    Part 1: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/gjluc1/starting_my_ac_journey_just_beat_ac1_directors/

    Part 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/gqh3f2/continuing_my_ac_journey_part_2_thoughts_after/

    Part 3: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/gvwd3v/continuing_my_ac_journey_part_3_thoughts_on/

    Part 4: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/gz0k5u/continuing_my_ac_journey_part_4_thoughts_on/

    To start, I want to touch on ACC: China. I decided to play this to give myself a bit of a break between the Ezio trilogy and AC3, and I wanted to continue with Shao Jun's journey after watching Embers. I had really mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, I really enjoyed the art style, Shao Jun herself, and the increased focus on stealth. I also thought the 2.5D style was a nice change of pace. However, the difficulty of this game was a wake-up call; this required a different skillset than ACs past, and that took a lot of adjustment. I also thought the difficulty curve was rather absurd to start; who thought it was a good idea to give ONE health bar to starting players? After getting about a 3rd of the way through, though, I found myself enjoying the gameplay. Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same about the story. The voice acting was, arguably, the worst in the series so far, and the story was a very generic revenge tale. I felt this was something of a waste, as 16th century China seemed to be a great setting. Overall, though, I thought ACC: China was decent. Nothing spectacular, and something of a missed opportunity, but serviceable. I'll be moving on to ACC: India either after Black Flag or Rogue, depending on when I feel I need a break from the standard gameplay.

    Now, the crux of this review: AC3 and The Tyranny of King Washington. What a BEAR of a game this was to 100%. This game was, easily, the longest and hardest AC to date, and I clocked in about 60 hours between AC3 itself and The Tyranny of King Washington. Let's start out with the good. First, I LOVED the setting, especially Boston and the Frontier, and as a fan of American history, the Revolutionary War was a joy to experience. The characters were also equally as good. George Washington was, of course, a stand-out, but Kaniehtí:io, Samuel Adams, Achilles (In fact, most of the Homesteaders were great), and then, of course, are the protagonist and the antagonists. Connor was, frankly, great; was he as good as Ezio? Maybe not, but I thoroughly enjoyed his journey and, in a way, I felt he was the most relatable protagonist so far. His oscillation between stoicism, awkward affection, and thinly-concealed rage all were great traits that made me instantly sympathize with his motives. As for the antagonists, Charles Lee was my favorite antagonist of the series so far. He was despicable, power-hungry, arrogant, and desperate in all the right ways, and his death scene in the bar with Connor was simply fantastic. Haytham, of course, is the other stand out, and he really shined when he was working with Connor. I was shocked at how quickly Connor killed him, and I was a bit sad. He was stiff and arrogant, but he didn't seem like he was a bad guy, just misguided. The other Templars were good, too, and I liked how they all were working their own angles.

    Another great thing about the game was the combat. Although it took me a bit to adjust after the Ezio trilogy, I thought it worked wonderfully once mastered. I also loved the additions of the Homestead and the Naval missions. The Homestead seemed like the next step of "Rebuilding the city" introduced in Brotherhood and Revelations, and I really enjoyed the personal story it told through recruiting and working with the Homesteaders. I also had an absolute blast captaining the Aquila, and it has made me extraordinarily excited to do more of it in Black Flag. It wasn't without its faults (More on that below), but sailing the high seas was a high point in the series for me. On a final note, even though it didn't last long, I enjoyed liberating New York and Boston as a way to recruit your Assassins. I also thought the Colonial missions minigame, although scaled back from Revelations, was in a good spot in this game.

    Unfortunately, that's where my praise ends. There were a plethora of issues in this games, all of which were incredibly frustrating. The first was the structure of the story itself. The first three sequences being a prologue to set up the antagonists, while a great twist on paper, proved to be a chore. I couldn't understand why I didn't like ANY of the main characters at that point (Yes, even Haytham) until the twist, and then I was just baffled why the antagonists got such a lengthy set up. That story could have been boiled down to one sequence and had the same impact, in my opinion. Then, on top of that, the next two sequences are glorified tutorials with first child, then teenage Connor! 5 out of the 12 story sequences were pure setup, and I was baffled by that decision. It was a terrible way to get people hooked into the game, although, luckily, the story definitely picked up after that.

    Challenges also returned in the form of Club Challenges, and they were, unfortunately, more frustrating to finish than either Brotherhood or Revelations, especially since the Frontiersman challenges can't even be completed until after you finish the story (Frontiersman Challenge 2 needs you to talk to Washington in New York post-story). The worst of these were the West Point Missions from the Benedict Arnold DLC. Although the regular missions were a lot of fun, the list of West Point Missions were absolutely atrocious as it was extremely difficult to get certain ones to trigger (Like knocking Snipers off of roofs to their deaths). Another terrible aspect was the Underground exploration. This was, easily, the most monotonous chore in all of AC so far. While it was neat to see the undergrounds of both cities during Colonial times, having to spend three hours between the two, just to unlock Fast Travel points (And Completion percentage) was asinine.

    Then, there were the two worst offenders: the return of Optional Objectives and the mass amount of glitches in the game. First, I couldn't believe that the devs thought it was a good idea to add an extra Optional Objective or two to every mission. Some of these were rage-inducing, from trying to stay undetected while infiltrating two ships (While also Air Assassinating a Grenadier!) to blowing up multiple ships using their powder stores (I'm looking at you, The Giant and the Storm) to not shoving people while staying within 50m while not taking fire damage in the final mission to, easily the worst, sinking 11 ships in 90 seconds. Some missions took me over an hour to Fully Sync just because of some terribly designed Optional Objectives. I expect challenge when 100% a game, but there's a difference between challenging and torture, and some of these Optional Objectives clearly dipped into the latter.

    And then there were the glitches. I was in complete shock that this game, somehow, was FAR more glitchy than even Revelations. From lighting glitches to parkour "sticking" to getting stuck in terrain to challenges not triggering, etc., this game was just a mess, technically. I was even more shocked that many of these glitches seemed to be in the original game, were never fixed during its lifecycle and then, somehow, still made it in to the Remastered version. The worst was the straight-up freezing that would occur. This usually would occur during Modern Day, but there were a couple of instances as Connor, as well. A remastered PS3 game should not be freezing on a PS4 Pro. The best word I can use to describe the game's technical state was sloppy, and that was a major disappointment from a game that was meant to end the first big story arc in AC.

    There were a couple of things I had mixed feelings about. Collectibles were a bit more irritating in this game due to certain Chests only showing up as the story progressed and Almanac pages sometimes being difficult to catch. The former seemed like poor design, while the latter, while frustrating, added a bit of parkour challenge. The other thing I had mixed feelings about was the Modern Day. Frankly, this was my favorite of all the Modern Day sequences. The Isu temple was intriguing, Juno and Daniel Cross were both very interesting, and I loved getting a taste of MD parkour in New York, Brazil, and the Abstergo complex. However, Desmond dying felt like a waste, and all this did was make me crave a Modern or Contemporary Assassin's Creed game. Maybe one day...

    Finally, there was the Tyranny of King Washington. So, much like the main game, I had mixed emotions about this game. AC3 already exhausted me, and this DLC, right from the get-go, proved even more exhausting, thanks to its punishing Optional Objectives. However, the side activities were mostly relaxing thanks to the amazing Animal powers you get. Although I don't know how I'd feel if they were in a regular AC game, I thought the Animal powers really spiced up the gameplay and made TToKW a more pleasant experience overall. Overall, I thought it was a fun What If scenario, and I appreciated how it was weaved into the canon story. It certainly had a lot of value, taking me about 9 hours to 100%.

    So, my final verdict? I have a serious love/hate relationship with this game. It had some of the highest highs as well as the lowest lows of the series thus far. It's tough to rank because of that, but the frustration it caused between the poorly-designed Optional Objectives and rampant glitches really makes it tough to place anywhere but at the bottom of the mainline ACs thus far. I'll stan for Connor, though; he's terribly underrated. =)

    Next up, on to the only side game I plan on giving its own review, Liberation!

    submitted by /u/Old_Rex
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment