• Breaking News

    Friday, May 29, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I pre-ordered the deluxe art book for Valhalla, and I loved the sleeve cover art. Using a super low res image, I then drew a more HD version of this beautiful raven.

    Assassin's Creed I pre-ordered the deluxe art book for Valhalla, and I loved the sleeve cover art. Using a super low res image, I then drew a more HD version of this beautiful raven.


    I pre-ordered the deluxe art book for Valhalla, and I loved the sleeve cover art. Using a super low res image, I then drew a more HD version of this beautiful raven.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    New at this "illustration" gig. Thought I'd make something from my favorite franchise.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    I'm playing Origins and I came across a cult suicide

    Posted: 29 May 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Im roaming around in The Green Mountains, at a cross road Northeast of the Aquaeductus Kyrenalike, when I noticed a huge fire with people praying together. Bayek said something about blasphemy, and I decided to stick around to see what happens (Normally I just shoot an arrow into the face of these preachers so I don't have to listen to them). These guys went and sacrificed themselves into the fire. Kind of weird. It was just a random occurrence I suppose. There isn't any quest that popped up, just a dialogue.

    submitted by /u/Jaxmonstar
    [link] [comments]

    My Assassin's Creed tattoo design. Gonna get it done after lockdown.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    City sounds in Assassin's Creed 1

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    This is quite a strange thing I found out. But I was playing assassin's creed 1 with headphones on (with the interface hidden) and I found myself walking through the streets of Damascus without purpose, just strolling around. When you enter a bazaar, you hear crowds of people, crates being moved, goods being sold. When you go to an area with trees and little people, you hear the birds chirping and the wind howling. I recommend you try, the sounds are quite soothing.

    submitted by /u/GrandmasterJohn
    [link] [comments]

    What would you like to see for a gameplay demo for Valhalla?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    When the gameplay demo comes either in a week or so in June during IGN's event or during Ubisoft's event in July, what do you want to see from the gameplay demo?

    I'd personally really like to see a stealthy assassination mission take place in London and then taking on a raid or siege down-river so that we have a good mix of how city gameplay and stealth functions in this game combined with some open combat in one of the newer systems.

    submitted by /u/nstav13
    [link] [comments]

    Morrigan vs Jackdaw - an informed look based at naval combat in the Age of Sail.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    This is years late to the conversation but I need to say it anyway.

    I recently started playing Rogue(I don't have a current-gen console or a computer) and while looking up various things about the Morrigan I keep seeing the same(old, but as of yet uncorrected) argument:

    In combat between the Jackdaw and the Morrigan, who would win and why?

    Most everybody asserts the Morrigan would win because of its superior mobility. The truth is, the winner would be almost entirely dependent on the aim of the fight. If they're looking to capture the enemy ship as a prize and sail away with it, the Morrigan will very likely win. However, if they're trying to outright sink each other, the Morrigan has practically no chance.

    So here's the important detail everybody is missing:

    The Jackdaw uses chainshot. This is hands-down its biggest advantage against the Morrigan. This isn't really portrayed well in-game, but chainshot is designed to tangle up in the rigging and knock down the masts of an enemy ship. Meaning, if Kenway doesn't care about maintaining her ability to sail, the Morrigan doesn't stand a chance against the Jackdaw.

    The first volley will be enough to reduce the Morrigan's maneuverability to be about on par with the Jackdaw. By the third or fourth she'll almost certainly be missing a mast, or at the very least her rigging will be so tangled as to make next to no difference. At this point the Jackdaw will be sailing circles around her, and another couple of rounds will knock her masts out of commission entirely. Once that's done, Kenway can simply move behind the Morrigan and blast her to splinters.

    Now, say they want to capture one another. This is where the Morrigan will shine. Kenway will be leery about destroying her rigging too badly unless he wanted to spend a month or more grounded and repairing her, which will allow the Morrigan to get the full benefit of her better maneuverability. Her explosive shells were used to cause chaos on the enemy's deck by starting small fires and killing or otherwise incapacitating the enemy crew with shrapnel, which makes them a great pre-boarding weapon. This is slightly mitigated by the Jackdaw's aft castle(the raised part at the back of the ship), where traditionally riflemen would stand and fire down onto the enemy deck, but the offensive capabilities of explosive shells more than offset the defensive benefits of a castle.

    Another thing to note, because this is just basic, is what's actually happening with the Morrigan's broadsides. There are two possibilities here: either the Morrigan is only firing half of its guns at a time, or else it's firing what's known as "double shot" - two round shot packed into a single cannon with a heavily reduced amount of powder to avoid damaging the cannon - devastating at extremely close range but completely ineffective otherwise.

    Regardless, the Morrigan is not firing all 17 cannons twice in a row - it's not physically possible - and the double-barreled cannon wouldn't be invented for over a century.

    I understand that, as a video game they can take some liberties, especially with the animus framing device to allow it, but if we want to know which ship would REALLY win, we'd have to look at what their actual, non-animus-augmented abilities would be and judge them based on that.

    TL;DR ignoring augmentation by the animus, the Jackdaw wins in a fight to the death and the Morrigan wins in a fight to capture the enemy captain's ship.

    submitted by /u/Jayodi
    [link] [comments]

    I really hope that upgrading equipment in Valhalla isn't as expensive as it was in Oddessy

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    Seriously, you get to the point where upgrading gear cost almost as much as the fucking boat on the starting island. It's almost there was a monetary incentive to make upgrades as costly as possible, but they would require the player have the ability to but drachmae and resources.

    submitted by /u/Twoklawll
    [link] [comments]

    (AC odyssey) Is difficulty just numbers?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    im curious if difficulty changes anything ingame, or is it just numbers. Like levels, damage health and xp.

    are enemies smarter, diverse, more of them, or something?

    also why are those 1 lvl above you kill you in 2 hits but you need to hit them for like 3 min.

    submitted by /u/reyfor11
    [link] [comments]

    I need help finding an old terrifying audio log

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    Hey I need help finding an old audio log that I think was in one of the Assassin's Creed games.

    All I remember about it is it's about some family that finds a secret channel on their Television that displays their heart rate and some other information I can't recall. After looking at the channel for some time and freaking out someone comes and knocks on their door and I think the log cuts shortly after that.

    I think this log might be from the ezio trilogy, though also I'm not 100% sure, it could've also been some sort of advertising, again not really sure where it's from just that I think it was tied to Assassin's Creed.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Edit: u/demaistreisbased found and linked it, here's the link
    https://youtu.be/MbCS6GkxY7s?t=144

    submitted by /u/CJBrat21232
    [link] [comments]

    Isu in Valhalla, it's time for something new.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    I get that the Isu link isn't the most popular part of the Assassin's Creed franchise, especially now that we know so much about the great catastrophe and the war between the isu and humans. I hate to say it, but Valhalla would be wise to introduce at least one, but possibly more facets of the Isu formula to bring back the "Mystery" behind them.

    They are supposed to be these out of reach beings, yet with so little specifics we know so much... surely they had more going on? Perhaps the Norse Pantheon will produce something new for us? What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/NorseExplorer
    [link] [comments]

    The priest at the top of the Duomo in AC2 was spitting bars.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    As you all know, at the end of AC2 you have to go around assassinating Savonarola's lieutenants and one of them is this guy preaching at the top of the Duomo (where nobody can hear him). I actually just hung on the ledge waiting for him to finish because that sermon was the hottest track of 1499. I know this is random and silly as hell and I'm probably alone in thinking this but that was just fire.

    submitted by /u/HavanaMamba
    [link] [comments]

    I literally have no idea how to get past these guards for a viewpoint in the kingdom...first time playing AC1. Do I race past and climb? Other tips?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    https://i.redd.it/h7glvx0b3u151.jpg

    Or am I not supposed to be able to yet? Just at the part where I'm going to Jerusalem near the beginning so no spoilers please!!!

    submitted by /u/anxietyqueen101
    [link] [comments]

    (ac odyssey) best difficulty to play?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    So after learning that difficulty is just a number idk what to do.

    I like hard games, but this type of difficultt are just lazy and boring. I prefer skill based, than grindy difficulty.

    So, considering nightmare enemiea kill you in 1 or 2 hits, and you gotta hit them hundred times if they are only 1 lvl above you.

    Whats the best difficulty? Is hard better? I wanna be challenged, not have a level block that if i dont grind every single sidequest, im not able to continue the story.

    submitted by /u/reyfor11
    [link] [comments]

    (Spoilers) How are we supposed to feel about Layla Hassan?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    This post contains spoilers for AC Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis. . . .

    So I didn't play Origins, but have a vague idea of what happens in the modern day storyline. I wasn't super duper invested in her as a character during the main Odyssey plot, but I understood why she was there and she was likeable.

    During the Fate of Atlantis DLC she's being corrupted by staff and bleeding effect maybe (?) and kills a handful of grunts. I get that as a signal of "oh no she's turning evil, better complete the quest line" but then she kills her best friend and paralyses Otso Berg. She doesn't use the staff to heal anybody, or even tell her team what's going on.

    Is that the end of the DLC or did I miss something in the Lost Tales quests? I can't see her as a hero after that.

    How did you see it?

    submitted by /u/theonlygusintheworld
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla handmade wooden cosplay prop. I made this last weekend from what limited screenshots I found online. So excited for the game!

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Origins Gold edition is $19.99 in PS store for plus members. Down from $100

    Posted: 29 May 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Played odyssey first but I'm so excited to play origins now!

    submitted by /u/lightningcrane31
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ and skipping the campaign?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    So i'm currently about 45+ hours into Assassins Creed Odyssey and currently in the process of the first chapter of Legacy of the First Blade. I've noticed on the Main Menu Screen before you load into a game there is an option to just skip up one level 52 and start the play through of Fate of Atlantis. Now i also would much rather start a NG+ as it raises the level cap to 99, rather than 70 on a regular play through (from what i've heard, correct me if i am wrong of course) i don't know if that i start a NG+, i am able to skip over to the Fate of Atlantis DLC, because even though i thoroughly enjoyed the main campaign, it would be very tedious for me to restart and all i want to do is play my DLC's with a higher level cap. I have no idea what to do, HELP!!

    submitted by /u/pab106
    [link] [comments]

    One tiny change that I hope Ubisoft will make from Odyssey and Origins

    Posted: 29 May 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Okay. This is seriously a small thing but it really irritated me when I played Origins and Odyssey. It's the fact that Bayek and Kassandra/Alexios never grab the reins of their mount with both hands. Yes...I know...I told you it was a small thing. The animation of Bayek and Kassandra/Alexios just looks so dumb whenever they are riding their mount.

    One of the things that I loved doing in Red Dead Redemption 2 was honestly just to have my horse move at walking pace and just take in the scenery. It was so relaxing. It was made even more relaxing by the fact that when your horse slowly walks in RDR2, Arthur's posture also seems much more relaxed. He's got one hand on the reins, while the other is just hanging down his side. BUT! When you then pick up the pace, he puts both hands on the reins - like any other normal person would do.

    Bayek and Kassandra/Alexios always only has one hand on the reins, while the other hangs stiffly off to the side. It doesn't matter whether your horse is walking or galloping - their right hand always looks like its in a 90 degree elbow cast and makes the animation look stiff as hell. Please "fix" this for the next game, Ubisoft.

    submitted by /u/SirChrissaster
    [link] [comments]

    Playing AC unity for the first time - artifacts rewards confusing

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    Hey all!

    I'm playing Unity for the first time and just collected all three artifacts for an area. It says I unlocked a reward... but how do I actually get it? It says I need an app or something... which I don't think is actually still available. I know this game is several years old. Am I still able to get the rewards?

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Nagini22
    [link] [comments]

    I recently played Black Flag, Unity, and Syndicate. Here are my thoughts on them.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    Before I start, I want to mention that these are the only Assassin's Creed games I've played so I have nothing to compare them with except each other.

    Black Flag: This game has the best characters. I loved Blackbeard and James Kidd. And it also has the best map. I didn't like having to sail everywhere at first but once I moved on to Unity, I kinda missed sailing the sea and listening to my crew singing. But the story wasn't really that great and I didn't like how half the missions were "tail these guys as they walk all over the map." It got very repetitive. And another thing I didn't like is how some missions are downright impossible to do If you don't continually upgrade the Jackdaw. Remember the one where you reach the island where the observatory is located near the end of the game and you have to battle a fleet? I had to get around it by swimming to shore because I just kept getting killed. Also, this game had by far the most "present day" scenes, which I hated.

    Unity: This game felt like a chore at times. I just wanted to get through it so I could start Syndicate. Paris was beautiful though. I would say this game had the second best map of the three. But otherwise, it's the game I liked the least. I hated that they took away your ability to whistle and move bodies. And the story was very subpar. I barely paid attention to it. I couldn't even name any of the characters besides Arno, Elise, Mr. De La Serre, and Napoleon. However, I did like that you could make Arno look like the Green Arrow. And I liked that they kept the present day stuff to a minimum. It was cool how they sent you to different time periods.

    Syndicate: Easily the best game of the three, by far. I loved the gameplay. The rope launcher alone made the game for me. It made travel and stealth a billion times easier and more fun. Not to mention that they also brought back whistling and moving bodies. But the whistling is even better than before because it has more range. In Black Flag, Edward had to practically stand next to the bad guys If he wanted them to hear him. Also, the weapons are an improvement. I had trouble doing stealth missions in Unity because I never quite got the hang of the long range weapons but I mastered them in Syndicate. The throwing knives made my life easy sometimes. Especially as you increase your knife capacity. As for the side missions, I loved taking over gang strongholds, liberating children, and visiting WW1. And lastly, I appreciate that they didn't make you do missions in the present day. Just seeing short cutscenes is fine by me.

    This is how I rank the Assassins in terms of preference.

    1: Evie 2: Jacob 3: Edward 4: Arno

    I'm gonna start playing Odyssey sometime within the next 24 hours. Kassandra will easily skip over Arno because she's hot. It remains to be seen If she can crack the top three though. I look forward to the game.

    Edit: Two things I forgot to mention about Syndicate; It was cool when we went to the Kenway Manor and learned more about what happened to him, and it broke my heart a little when I played "Jack the Ripper" and saw that the Rooks were now my enemies.

    Edit 2: Another thing I forgot to mention is the glitches. Unity had some bugs but my god, Syndicate is the buggiest game I've ever played. There were multiple occasions where I had to close the game and start it again to fix it.

    submitted by /u/edd6pi
    [link] [comments]

    Was the endgame quartermaster being silent glitch in Black Flag ever patched?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Spoilers for Black Flag.

    After you finish Black Flag I remember Anne Bonny would be silent as your quartermaster. She has voice lines since they play during the last few missions I believe, it's only after you finish the story she became silent. So I've always assumed this was a bug of some sort. Can anybody confirm if this is still the case or if it's been fixed by now?

    submitted by /u/TheDanteEX
    [link] [comments]

    Confusion regarding Merc system in AC: Odyssey?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    So just started Odyssey and really loving it, absolutely love the idea of the merc system, start at the bottom and make your way through systematic tiers of unique NPC's, I love that shit

    All was going well up until after killing Talos. I kill him I move up a spot he's now beneath me and marked as defeated. Radical, making my way through the "hit-list"

    But now in Talos' place it's another blacked out dude that's "undiscovered"

    This is where I'm just lost on what's going on with the merc system now and now really getting it? I really liked the idea of being able to look through the list of everyone I've defeated annnnd now that's just kinda gone up in smoke?

    Any help on clearing confusion would be really appreciated!

    submitted by /u/shadinski
    [link] [comments]

    Viking Sect of the Hidden Ones

    Posted: 29 May 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    Viking Sect of the Hidden Ones

    I was browsing around the AC wikia and ended up in the Mentor page, in the beggining of the Hisotry section there is the following

    So by the 10th century there is a Viking sect of the Hidden Ones

    My question is, since AC Valhalla takes place in the 9th century, do you think the sect will already exist at the start of the game or will Eivor be a part of its creation?

    submitted by /u/MatFernandes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment