• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Assassin's Creed The AC games have been a great distraction during this lock down.

    Assassin's Creed The AC games have been a great distraction during this lock down.


    The AC games have been a great distraction during this lock down.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    I looked into the franchise after finishing several Arkham games and Shadow of Mordor, both of which borrowed heavily from AC.

    I bought eight of the AC titles on sale in mid march and have finished AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and Black Flag(my personal fave so far). AC3 didn't have a big sale so I skipped it for now. I'm in the beginning of Rogue and still have Unity and Syndicate left to play.

    These games offer a great distraction from things. And it's been fun seeing how the franchise has evolved and what was borrowed by the Arkham and Mordor games.

    I'm not sure if I'll get Origins or Odyssey any time soon, but it's nice to know they'll be there when I do.

    submitted by /u/FrodoFraggins
    [link] [comments]

    Ratonhnhaké:ton/Connor, my third AC illustration! I love Connor's brutal combat and his RUNNING ANIMATION

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    I miss the original Assassin's Creed gameplay

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    I just have to get this off my chess, but I'm really missing the gameplay of the original Assassin's Creed games.

    Since the whole series is on sale on Uplay right now I bought all missing games again (originally played them on PS3, but already had some games from giveaways Ubisoft did in the past) and started to re-play them now (what else to do during quarantine?)

    Right now I'm still at the very beginning of the first AC (finished first target in Akkon, now on my way to Jerusalem) and yes, it's still a bit repetitive and (especially in the first game) the Desmond-story is more confusing and annoying then anything else, the gameplay and also characters and storytelling is still so good.

    I'm really looking forward to finish this game and continue with brilliant AC2 and mind-blowing Brotherhood. Also looking forward to Revelations, but somehow I have mixed feelings about this one...

    Am I the only one missing the original Assassin's Creed style? I'm just not comfortable with origins and odyssey gameplay style. I neither like the combat system nor the RPG fokus. If I want a good RPG game there are many other games I can play.

    submitted by /u/Marvellous_MR
    [link] [comments]

    How do we obtain a Bayek sequel

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Hi, so I've been playing Origins for the past few days and just finished the hidden ones DLC, obviously after the main story also. This is my first assassin's creed in about 4 or 5 years and I'm really impressed with it. Yes, it is different to the others I've played, but it is so much better than Syndicate which put me off trying it. When I finished the main story I really liked Bayek and thought his character was the best I'd seen since Ezio. Then, after finishing Hidden Ones, I actually fell in love with him ahha.

    I've been looking on this subreddit and can tell that a vast majority love Bayek and really want a sequel. I have also found out that a sequel is very unlikely. However, surely there must be a way to reach out properly to Ubisoft, let them know our wants and somehow convince them? This subreddit is quite popular and if everyone on here followed an idea to convince Ubisoft surely there must be a possibility of it working?

    submitted by /u/oscar239146
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever Platinum (and what a journey)

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    I just finally platinumed Assassin's Creed Odyssey, after 101 happy hours of game time.

    I'm an avid Greek history buff (Studied ancient history at University) and haven't had a gaming experience quite like it. No game in years has grabbed me so intensely and held my attention for so long. I knew as soon as I got into it that this would be my first Platinum trophy (Misthios in training took me hours!).

    Just a massive thank you to the devs for an unbelievable game, and this amazing community for advice, laughs and tips.

    Onto the DLC!

    submitted by /u/Jos1th
    [link] [comments]

    Origins, Odyssey and Vikings being a trilogy and after that another soft reboot?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Actually it would make sense if you think about it. All of those settings are linked to mythology which plays into their RPG formula. After that there isn't much mythology based settings available. I doubt at this point they would ever do east asia since that's a setting already used in so many other franchises.

    I guess they could do mesoamerica but Idk, it doesn't have a well known mythology and there is still the risk of offending folks with such a setting, especially if you use their mythology.

    We know that Quebec isn't working on a new AC game right now and Montreal is working on the Vikings game. So either there will be a long AC pause after Vikings or they have a new team on the franchise. Both of these scenarios would indicate they'd change directions again.

    Also they really can only do the RPG thing with characters that aren't assassins since being sneaky and not rambo is kinda lore bound to the brotherhood. So if they ever want to make you play an assassin again, they kinda have to focus more on stealth.

    Personally I'd like them to take some inspiration from jedi: fallen order which was a more forgiving dark souls basically. I like the concept of having to think while fighting instead of just button mashing.

    And I'd like them to return to more urban settings. Like a 30 years war game set in Vienna or Prague. Or something in the middle ages with castles to climb.

    submitted by /u/zuluportero
    [link] [comments]

    About main character gender choice, and thoughts about what that means for cannon.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    The ability to choose the gender of your character in Odyssey was great, given the rpg direction the games are going, and simply allowing for more player choice. But as a part of the player choice/branching storylines aspect of the game, it doesn't fit very well in cannon*.

    I think that declaring that "A", "B", and "C" are cannon, as is the case with Kassandra being the cannon protagonist, is probably good. But then just give us two protagonists to choose from in future games, but make that an option in PC/PS4/Xb rather than try to explain it as animus magic. Because the more often you try to do this, the harder it is to buy into the story.

    *Although there is a way to make it work... if you think about it a certain way. When you consider Kassandra's isu lineage and her interaction with their artifacts and the staff, you can imagine how this might have reshaped her dna in such a way that alternate paths through her life are made apparent when reading it. And in such a way that the animus could interact with the non-real history paths, which is would make sense considering that reading her dna with the animus was planned.

    submitted by /u/Ca11m3Raven
    [link] [comments]

    Fans on the assassins creed Instagram page are the worst

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    The comment section was flooded with odyssey is shit and " GiVe mEe aN ASSaSinS cREed that's BaSEd On my CoUnTrY !!!!! ". All they do is spam BS and get pissed because there's not an assassins creed game based on their country lmao

    submitted by /u/AdamCumBaby
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think about the choices in Odyssey?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    Im gonna look at this from 2 ways. As an rpg game, and as a ac game.

    As an ac game, shouldn't make sense whatsoever. You're reliving memories, looking into the past. I think the explanation in the game is that the DNA is so old not all the memories are fully in sync. But is it too out of sync to change entire endings?

    As an rpg game, i also dont really like it. If you want choices in your rpg game, there are 2 ways to do it. One way, is to have a pre set character, they have character traits that you can list and everything. When you face a choice, all options are viable and agree with the character's traits. Take geralt in the witcher for example. In the beginning of the game you encounter a merchant that's getting attacked by a monster, so you help him. Geralt is a witcher, and witchers never work for free. But geralt also has a kind heart. You choose whether to make the merchant pay for your help or let him go since he didnt technically ask for it.

    The other way, is like in the elder scrolls. You make your character, choose how they look, their name, and everything. They're not really a character, but just a vessel for you to play the game with. When faced with a choice, both choices can be polar opposites. But it won't matter, because you aren't really an actual person with characteristics or any background of some sort.

    Odyssey combined the two styles, which you should never do. When someone says kassandra is a great character, ill stand there really confused. She doesnt really have any traits to her. You could say she's kind, but you could also slaughter entire villages like its nothing.

    But hey Thats just my opinion

    Also why can i literally fuck everyone in greece

    submitted by /u/realakzero
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Origins Valley of the Kings Phylakes

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    So I'm getting back into origins and I remembered the Phylakes in Egypt and how fun they were to beat, then I remembered those things in the Valley of the Kings that were similar. Can anyone tell me what they were? Ik they hunted you across the map and scared the shit out of me.

    submitted by /u/Wingwangmotherfucker
    [link] [comments]

    New rumors about next AC, reveal soon

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    We've got some new rumors from a french youtuber who's had some correct info in the past. Details below:

    It will be Vikings

    Name is not Kingdom nor Ragnarok

    Hidden Blade is here

    Shield is back

    You can change the main character's gender like Odyssey (canon is the female)

    Main character's name is not Jora

    Scandinavia isn't the only territory

    Even more of am RPG than Odyssey

    Lots of "supernatural" content related to the the First Civ

    No coop

    The plan is to still release it by the end of the year

    Reveal in late-April or early-May

    The original tweet chain: https://twitter.com/xj0nathan/status/1249714141293666304?s=19

    The reveal window info itself lines up with credible insider Shinobi602's comment about how AC would be announced soon: https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1250784554270547968?s=19

    When it comes to the info itself, I'm not at all surprised. Personally, I found that this sub can be very hypocritical when bashing Odyssey and Quebec while praising Origins and Montreal, when the very things that seem to have ticked off atleast half the fanbase were introduced by Ashraf and co in the first place. It'll be interesting to see how these same people will react to this one which will, unsurprisingly, push the concepts further.

    submitted by /u/Valtari5
    [link] [comments]

    High/Low Profile Discussion (Unity, Syndicate, Origins, Odyssey)

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I really liked the concept of being able to blend with people and practically vanish, but the execution was... Yeah. How exactly did the guards lost the all white, hood on head guy who has a blade coming out of his arm and a sword on his belt, just because he is between two women ? That was dumb. But a cool concept if managed properly.
    They say that you don't realize the value of something until you lose it. And that's the case with this mechanic. Now that I jumped to Origins for another playthrough after Unity and Syndicate, I feel like there's a big part of what defined these games... Completely missing. Would you like to see this mechanic get a rework in the next games ?
    Additionally, the auto-run is feeling odd after playing previous entries in the series. I get what they did, like, let's be honest, we all were just holding down our shift buttons for 90% of the time playing. There's a way to walk but it's too slow. I'd like either get the old shift-to-sprint mechanic or a better walk system. What's your opinion on this ?

    submitted by /u/TehSinastria
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what music plays at the end of a tomb in Origins?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    When you get to end of a tomb and find the tablet, a unique track plays and it is so great sounding! But I cannot find it anywhere!! Does anyone know what the track's name is?

    submitted by /u/Binch101
    [link] [comments]

    Got into Unity with my gf last night for the first time

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    A few small bugs we dealt with aside, it was so fun to sneak around together and stealth kill at the same time, the teamwork aspect feels awesome, and we both felt like badasses! I haven't played an ac since ac 3, and I'm glad I picked this one up, combat is risky and hits feel like they have impact, the only thing I miss is hand to hand combat from ac 3, but I love the parkour and stealth combat especially with someone on my team to do it all with.

    submitted by /u/ghostyslaps
    [link] [comments]

    Just found an old photo of a drawing I did of Conner, It's drawn using dozens of quotes from the game series as a whole upto that point

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    Arges The Bright One won't spawn for me?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I've finished the main story and similar stuff, and i can't seem to make Arges spawn.

    Am i missing something, do i need to do anything else, what am i doing wrong, what do i need to do to spawn him?

    Please help!

    Regards

    submitted by /u/Fastforza
    [link] [comments]

    ACO Prometheus Sika is just sooo sicccka!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    Anyone else a fan of Promethius's Sika as a weapon in Odyssey? I engraved it with "turns to fire damage" and I can't quit this weapon! I am like level 67 with only the Atlantis quests remaining. This thing just blazes through everything and everyone. Should I consider moving on to another weapon?

    submitted by /u/Explorer_1977
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed : Syndiate Assassination attempt on jack the ripper

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    I remember watching a video where someone played as jack the ripper,going into a house and then getting attacked by an assassin with quicktime events etc....where is that from or whats the mission called again ?

    submitted by /u/SCVaize
    [link] [comments]

    [Black Flag] Where to find materials?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Is there specific areas where materials are most commen? For example, in the Dry Tortuga, wood is most common, while in Cabo de Cruz, sugar is more common.

    submitted by /u/djxkksbsjskd
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite Ezio game?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    So what is your favorite Ezio game and why? Mine is a very unpopular opinion (but I know I'm not the only one though) because it's Revelations. To me, it's just a very fitting, epic and overall badass ending for Ezio's story.

    submitted by /u/Jibbyf
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey, is it possible to change camera to the other side when aiming with a bow Resident Evil style? I am on a pc

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    So far I am having extreme fun with Odyssey, recruiting all those mercenary after my head and stealth bow kills. I wonder if I can shift the over-the-shoulder camera view from left to right when I am aiming with a bow like in Resident Evil games? What key should I press on the keyboard?

    submitted by /u/Jdpnobs
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any mod / trainer that increases assassination damage in Odyssey?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Ahoi there everyone!

    I'm one of those very ancient people that played AC1 back in the day (and PoP before it) and very much enjoyed the element of assassination and stealth being crucial. When levelling was introduced, it rather deterred me from continuing (and I stopped origins halfway for this reason). I don't mind RPGs, I just prefer them not mixed with prince of persia I guess ^^ As such before I buy odyssey:

    I was wondering if there was any trainer out there that modified only assassination damage, rather than all damage. I'd prefer combat to be far more punishing, but stabbing someone in the throat still being lethal, no matter the level (I realize it now plays a different animation where you botch it. I hold that no matter how well trained you are, if you are standing somewhere minding your own business and not expecting an attack and someone drops down on you from above with a pointy weapon, you are not magically deflecting that).

    I checked through quite a few mods and trainers, but they all only have a 1 hit kill option for everything in general. Is there perhaps a cheat engine exploit that will allow me to modify the stat associated with assassinations?

    Thanks. I realize not everyone will agree with me wanting to play the game this way (some people seem to be very invested in the idea that a game HAS to be played a certain way), but hey, live and let live, right? I'd just rather save the cash if I can't play it that way

    submitted by /u/McClaws
    [link] [comments]

    Vikings idea that this sub won't like.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    It would be a super cool dynamic for our character to be neither a Assassin or a Templar. Vikings killed and raided anything and everyone. They were always independent until the end of their era. So keeping this in mind it would be interesting if we were one of the last villages to hold off the influence from Templars or Assassin's. Our character would learn about different plots from both sides and would react accordingly. Here is an example of the beginning story mission;

    Our character was part of a raiding squad that went to England. After the successful raid they take slaves back to their homes. One of the slaves was an Assassin. As it turns out it ends up being our character's slave. This is how we learn about Assassin's and Templars and the influence that is coming. Our character demands that the slave teaches him the ways to be an Assassin. We go through the tutorial missions as sacrificing to the gods begin. We offer our slave and start our journey. From there we work our way up in our village, Assassinating the Jarl (he could be under the influence of Templar) would be our first real mission.

    From there we take control of the village. We control the upgrades of the village and the raiding parties that go out. During the raids is when our character would learn more about both sides, finding ways in. As more Assassin's and Templars die, they make a small truce in order to take us down. And at the Midway point of the game, our village is destroyed and we are taken captive. From there we are only left an option to either join or die. We choose what side and continue from there. We act all innocent until the final mission where we are assigned to kill the other leader. However, not only do we kill one leader, we kill both leaders. We knew there was no way out but we accomplished our goal. Preventing the influence of both parties. We are then blood eagled and the camera zooms in on our face as we give a little smirk before we die. Screen fades to black and then a eagle flies over the mountainess trees. Game over.

    submitted by /u/tristanje
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment