• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 4, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I need help finding the name of a song hummed and whistled at this location. Several NPCs hum and whistle a melody and I am running to know the name of the song. My dad used to sing me a lullaby to the tune of that song. Yesterday was his funeral and I really need to know the name of the song. Help?

    Assassin's Creed I need help finding the name of a song hummed and whistled at this location. Several NPCs hum and whistle a melody and I am running to know the name of the song. My dad used to sing me a lullaby to the tune of that song. Yesterday was his funeral and I really need to know the name of the song. Help?


    I need help finding the name of a song hummed and whistled at this location. Several NPCs hum and whistle a melody and I am running to know the name of the song. My dad used to sing me a lullaby to the tune of that song. Yesterday was his funeral and I really need to know the name of the song. Help?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 02:45 PM PST

    Anybody think rogue was decent?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 02:06 PM PST

    Just wondering what people think of it. Got it with the rebel collection. Don't think its awful so far.

    submitted by /u/GreenAppleChain
    [link] [comments]

    if i can applaud Odyssey for something, it's the armor transmog system.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:49 AM PST

    it's simple yet effective and honestly it should come with any looter game. i'm just glad that my Kassandra wont look like a complete freak with mismatched armor and weird looking weapons.

    submitted by /u/le_sossurotta
    [link] [comments]

    I really want an AC game set in Australia

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:44 AM PST

    as an Australian playing the AC games has brought me to a load of different very cool locations, and trying to think of where the next games will be set fascinates me. They have already used so many great locations/time periods. my unpopular oppinion is that i feel like AC in Australia could be very cool. the problem with this is i cannot think of a time period suitable for the game apart from maybe the melbourne gold rush? This could be interesting as you could play as a native indigenous person or perhaps an overseas traveler that is trying to set up a creed in Australia. biggest problem with this is i am not sure on how big the buildings were so the parkour might be lacking a bit. melbourne was definatly the richest city in the world at the time so maybe there were lots of grand structures? not to sure.

    submitted by /u/TheLethalWolf
    [link] [comments]

    What is everyone's most controversial AC opinion?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:29 AM PST

    For me, AC: Syndicate is one of the best installments in the series because it doesn't take itself too seriously. I love the ridiculousness of the characters and plot and it has one of the most fun world maps in the game.

    Oh and also I prefer the modern day plots too the Assasin plots themselves.

    submitted by /u/JojoGreaves01
    [link] [comments]

    What is your most emotional moment in all of AC?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Mine is definitely Anne's song at the end of AC Black Flag

    Give me all you've got.

    Remember: I'm not crying you're crying

    submitted by /u/Ukucrazy
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have to have prior knowledge of the AC series to play AC Origins?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:40 PM PST

    AC Origins is on sale and I wanna snag it because it's a great deal. How much, if any, do I have to know about the series?

    I've played up until AC 2, and I'm currently playing AC Brotherhood. Do I have to play all of the other games, or can I play it with the knowledge I have already? Don't wanna waste money for something I can't play.

    submitted by /u/SnowdropPax
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed based in a mesoamerican city/empire

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:07 PM PST

    I think something like this would be very interesting and different,you could incorporate an Odyssey like story into it,the Templars are brought to the new world and adopt the evil order of the Americas. The setting is awesome since archaeologist believe these cities were huge and thriving and have these mysterious lifestyles. You could also work a genuine Assasins vs Templars story into it if you made the story that the Templars came in with the Spanish, pillaging your cities, destroying and killing your culture and people. Your a mesoamerican Assasins fighting against the Spanish rule brought over along with the corruption of mesoamerican Kings and Christian conversions. What are your guys opinions?

    submitted by /u/BayekofSiwa67
    [link] [comments]

    Upon returning to Odyssey...

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:17 AM PST

    Okay so most of you will probably deem me a fake fan, but I started playing AC with Odyssey. I LOVED it and was immediately hooked, picking up the first one and playing them in order after that.

    I just finished Origins (my favourite after Revelations) and decided to try on Odyssey again with the eyes of someone who now actually knows the series, and I couldn't play it. It feels completely void of any of the magic from the previous ones (not you Unity), and I suddenly understand all the hate that game gets. Has anyone else had a similar (excuse the pun) revelation about Odyssey or any other game for that matter?

    submitted by /u/ensambarn
    [link] [comments]

    Problem in Unity PC

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:19 PM PST

    Hi y'all. Basically, I installed and started to play Unity through Uplay's launcher today. Everything was fine till I started doing co-op missions. Did my first one all correct, and then I started searching for another one, but the guy that I was searching with left. The game kept searching but I couldn't cancel the search, so I decided to close the game. However, when opening it again and loading my save, I got stuck on the "loading" screen, the one after the dual screens symbol. Weird thing is that I could hear the game. It was as if the game was running fine but the screen showed me the "loading" bit. I could move Arno just fine, I could even hear him unsheathe the sword when I input it. I've tried searching for a fix, but so far I've had no luck. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/megalord38
    [link] [comments]

    How do you play Assassin's Creed Without HUD and GPS

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:42 PM PST

    I just stated the series and I think having the HUD and GPS ruins immersion.

    So I play without any HUD GPS BAR

    I try to find everthing on my own with no map

    I have a system if I am lost and cant find the investigations:

    I must find 1 flag, Save 1 local citizen and kill 1 guard in stealth, I get to open the GPS hud for 3 seconds and orient myself in the direction of the ICON and then turn it off. Quite enjoyable.

    How do you play ?

    submitted by /u/PlayFlow
    [link] [comments]

    Old drawing of Ed back when I knew how to draw

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Fanorona has become personal

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 05:56 PM PST

    Beating that smug bastard at fanorona is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do... and I have a doctorate degree. This is the one trophy I'm missing for platinum... and I just can't do it. After a while I even downloaded the app everyone suggested and even the app isn't working for me. I'm replaying the Ezio collection next and the last thing standing in my way is this goddamn mini game IN MY OWN HOUSE.

    submitted by /u/redhjom
    [link] [comments]

    [ACIV] How long does it take to reach lv55 for multi-player?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:48 PM PST

    I am currently at lv5 and I really feel like defeated man because of amount of xp I need to reach lv55 and lack of players...

    submitted by /u/Baron012
    [link] [comments]

    Podarkes Cultist Clue Question *Spoilers*

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:57 PM PST

    I just finished all the Mykonos quests and never got Podarkes clue for Kleon the Everyman. I sided with Thaletas and did all his quests, did all of Kyra's but one because I romanced Thaletas. Completed M is for Murder and told Kyra in private. Then did Hades, Meet Podarkes, (He told me to tell his daughter that she should of killed him, herself) and ended with a Call to Arms. After that I did, A Night To Remember and no Podarkes clue. I've watched videos of Hades, Meet Podarkes and when he dies, he doesn't mention Kyra and Kassandra says he dies alone. I'm thinking in the videos the Hades quest was done before M is for Murder and that's why they got the cultist clue. Anyone know if that's true, and if there's a way to still get it if you do a Call to Arms before Hades if M is for Murder has already been done? I know you don't necessarily need the clue, but I want to have all of them. Is there a way for me to get it after killing Kleon? And I apologize... I don't know how to black out the texts for Spoilers.

    submitted by /u/tears0fshad0w
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey: Fast Travel Glitch

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:07 PM PST

    I know I'm late to the party. I did some searching and found that people were hitting a glitch where fast travel gets permanently grayed out, but I tried all the suggestions and no luck. Have I missed a fix?

    • Not during Mykonos levels or Barnabas quests

    • I've reset the PS4, unplugged it, rebuilt the database, uninstalled all of AC and reinstalled

    • Occurred 100 hours in, after all main quest completed. Doing the first set of DLC specifically "no more wine" quest in First Blade chapter 3

    Any suggestions welcome before I give up!

    submitted by /u/heyheyhedgehog
    [link] [comments]

    Historical Accuracy in Assassin's Creed Odyssey (I mean like come on)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:43 AM PST

    This post would fit better in r/badhistory, but since it is about Assassin's Creed, I figured I would post it here. I'll have to start by saying that this game did a TERRIBLE job at following its source material and it also did an EXCRUTIONATINGLY BAD job at representing historical events.

    I'll begin with my favorite character in the game, Brasidas. Now in the game Brasidas in introduced more as an independent part of the Spartan war machine instead of a Spartan general (which would mean he would lead large contingents of men instead of trying to take Corinth and Arcadia by himself with Alexios), but I can let that slide. But then, we get to the Battle fo Pylos.

    Let me explain why this wrong in every way. Firstly, the Battle of Pylos was a naval engagement which the Athenians won. They were most likely trying to represent the follow-up Battle of Sphacteria which was an infantry engagement. Secondly, Brasidas wasn't even there (he was at Pylos [he was wounded at Pylos] but not at Sphacteria). The only Spartan commander killed during the Battle of Sphacteria was Epitadas. They also neglect the fact that Cleon and Demosthenes) led the attack which would have been cool to add for context which could have been great for making us hate Cleon as a "bad guy" even more. The reason this is important is because Brasidas's and Cleon's death a few years later at the Siege of Amphipolis (the second or third one after Sparta took it and Cleon was trying to take it back) was the straw that broke the camel's back on both sides that forced them into agreeing on the Peace of Nicias (the reason I view this as being important is because we are just left without any resolve or conclusion for the vents that happened in the game). This could have been a crucial plot point, but instead, they just ignore it. You would figure someone at Ubisoft would have pointed this out. For some background information, before the Battle fo Pylos, there were many free-Spartan citizens trapped on the island by an Athenian blockade. Sparta wanted to avoid what would be a crushing blow to their morale and their military might so they began peace talks with Athens. This would be going great until Cleon, being led on by the war-hungry people of Athens, sailed to the island to put the hostages to the sword. This would wind up being the Battle of Pylos and Sphacteria. They just ignored all of this background history which would have made for a much more interesting plot device. Imagine sneaking supplies to the hostages or having to sneak onto the ships (imagine if they were all roped together so would have to sneak through ten ships combined) on the blockade to steal crucial intelligence. Not only could this have been an epic plot point, but it would make us hate Cleon more and make me actually want to kill him for ruining the peace that was about to be negotiated, or maybe they could have it where the Cult of Kosmos sent him to kill the hostages so that peace wouldn't be signed. See where I am going here.

    Now we move past Brasidas and all Pylos so that we can talk about Aspasia. In the game, Aspasia is the Ghost of Kosmos (aka the main antagonists), and when you meet her at the temple in Delphi, you can kill her! She lived on well past the Peloponnesian War and well past Pericles's unfortunate demise (I won't even bother with how Pericles's died in the game). In the canon (or the books), Kassandra allows Aspasia to leave the temple alive, but why give us the option to kill her in the game?

    Now we make our way back to the Peloponnesian League with one of the dumbest assassinations in the game, the assassination of Pausanias (the king not the geographer). Pausanias in the game is assassinated by Alexios after he reveals himself as the corrupt king working the Cult of Kosmos. The only issue with this is that Pausanias lived past the Peloponnesian War and lived well into the Corinthian War in 395 BCE until he was exiled from Sparta. How do you mess this up? HE WAS A KING!

    These are the most jarring historical inaccuracies that bothered me. I just don't see how they got this wrong. I know many people are probably going to say that it is "just a video game", but it is a video game based on historical places, people, and events, but somehow they couldn't accurately represent any of those things. I can let things slide, but killing major historical figures or giving away wrong information is just annoying. The Assassin's Creed franchise inspired me to study history because they used to do an amazing job of blending in historical reality is historical fiction and fantasy. I feel like the writing team for Assassin's Creed Odyssey drank five bottles of prescription cough syrup before work.

    Hopefully, the next Assassin's Creed game will pay more attention to historical events. I have a great story thought up already based on a Viking style Assassin's Creed game and I might post that idea here as well.

    submitted by /u/Boolos_Boi
    [link] [comments]

    Is Assassin's Creed from Adi Shankar still happening?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 02:55 PM PST

    It has been announced in 2017, however, no new information since then. Plus, he announced other projects so I suspect it's cancelled.

    submitted by /u/KRZjojo
    [link] [comments]

    Ac origins Anubis Challenge

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:17 PM PST

    Is there a glitch or way to kill Anubis at a low level. His event is on right now and i really want his outfit but im only level 20. Any way to kill him at a low level or no

    submitted by /u/carrot390
    [link] [comments]

    Would you bring back multiplayer?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:40 AM PST

    Question was brought up in discussion and I'm curious about how everyone else feels about the topic.

    submitted by /u/ExilovyAndel
    [link] [comments]

    Top 10 Wishlist For The Next Assassin’s Creed Game/My ideal Assassin’s Creed game

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:41 PM PST

    Note: THIS IS ALL MY OPINION, and I understand that many people are happy with where AC is right now, but many older fans such as myself are dissatisfied with the current course of the series, and these are just some things I think Ubisoft could do to bring the series back full force. This post is quite long and rambley, so if you have any further questions or need elaborations on my ideas, please feel free to ask. I would love to hear your feedback and what you think.

    1. Removal of (most) RPG mechanic - While Origins certainly had many RPG elements, Odyssey really went all out with mechanics. While I understand many AC fans enjoy the route Odyssey went, this is personally where the series lost me. Branching main story narrative paths, dialogue options, and over the top fighting and enemies to me are not what made AC great. Games like the Witcher 3 and Skyrim are great becomes the routes of those franchises are built on the foundation of role playing. For me, when I play AC, I want to relive the life of a historical killer and embark on an epic adventure, and not decide who my character is supposed to be. The whole point of the franchise is that the whole thing "could have happened", not "what I want to happen". While the hidden blade and leaps of faith are far from reality, I can suspend my disbelief for those things. Flaming swords and fighting Medusa I can't, I really can't. RPG mechanics such as side quests, weapon stats and skill trees I'm fine with, and I'll explain my wishes for those later on.
    2. Being an actual Assassin's Creed Game - Perhaps Odyssey's biggest fault for me was the complete absence of assassins and templars. While I understand the DLC for the game included Darius and the Isu, I found both of their portrayals to be poorly executed and lore breaking. While yes, Odyssey is set before the foundation of both orders and therefore can't feature them, this isn't a good excuse. The setting in this case is just poor. While a game like Rogue isn't technically an assassin game, it still managed to feature both orders and have its plot revolve around their struggle. The next AC game must have the core elements that make it what the game is supposed to be.
    3. Either fix the modern segments or cut it - I'll keep it short for this one. Either Ubisoft needs to create a new protagonist (like Desmond), have a compelling and interesting modern narrative, maybe have a few missions where you get to play as a modern assassin and kill the present day antagonist in a mission, or completely get rid of the animus narrative.
    4. Parkour/Combat - I'm lumping these two together because the ideal way I'd like both systems to function is similar. In the beginning of the game, I feel that the character we play as should be highly unskilled. He or she should be a complete assassin novice, and be forced to work themselves up skill wise. To me it always seemed odd that as soon as you start the game, the protagonist is a master of parkour and the only real thing limiting your combat is your weapons, not necessarily your skill. My idea for how these systems should work is at the start of the story, you will have extremely basic parkour and fighting skills. You won't be able to climb everything in sight and you free running and combat skills might even look and feel clumsy. However, the more you actually fight/parkour and the more skill points you invest into them will result in you by the end of the game to be a master of both, if you choose. For example, maybe you can only climb buildings at first if there is a latter or some easy to grasp parts of the building. But similar to Ezio's high jump, the further you progress in the story you will learn and acquire more skills and if you invest the time to master free running, you will end up looking as fluid as let's say Arno in Unity. Combat on the other hand, I think at first you should really only be able to to take on one or two opponents max at a time. But the more skills your learn (whether it's through the story or skill tree) you could end up being as deadly as let's say Connor or Edward, able to take on many opponents. I think the feel of combat should be a mix of The Witcher 3 and AC3/ACU, and the parkour should be an enhanced version of what Unity was going for.
    5. Character Customization - For me, none of the AC games got customizing right. My idea would be there would be a set of starting assassin robes, which would be the main robes. In addition to these, there should be a set of maybe 5-10 additional sets of robes, along with legacy outfits. Each robe could offer some unique stats, with the base outfit being all around good, and maybe one outfit that's good at stealth and one that's good at health. Each outfit would have minor things that could be changed, such as add different tassels, extensions to the robes, and the ability to change the primary, secondary and accent colors. I don't thing your should be able to combine parts of one outfit with another like in Unity, rather one cohesive set of robes that looks really good as a whole. I found in Unity that most of the robes looked quite ugly, so designing unique and beautiful robes is a must. In addition, similar to AC2, armor can be added to each set of robes. So there could be like different levels of armor like leather or metal armor, and each robe has its own unique armor appearance , to truly create a unique feeling. However, I think that added armor should reduce your speed and increase the noise you make, allowing the player to decide if they want more armor at the cost of stealth abilities. Finally, like in Unity, AC2 & AC4, there should be a set of armor and robes locked away, requiring side missions to unlock it, such as collecting keys or something. This could be considered the master assassin robes, and would be statistically the best armor in the game, being lightweight and durable.
    6. Side Activities - So I think there should be a variety of missions, such as assassination contracts, master assassin armor quest line, unique storylines, etc. I don't like how in Origins and Odyssey there were question mark icons littered on the map. Unique areas or missions should be left unmarked and up to the player to stumble across. For assassination contracts, they should play the same role they as the monster contracts in The Witcher 3. You're playing as an assassin, so your purpose in life to to kill for coin. Contracts should be your main source of income, and should feature interesting plots and not just generic targets, targets with a personality and a background. Here's an example, you into a village on your horse, and the townsfolk are in a state of panic. You ask of the residents what the problem is, and they explain to you that a corrupt group of government soldiers keeps ransacking and pillaging the town. The townsfolk tell you that the leader of these soldiers is General yada yada something, and that he must be slain in order to stop the attacks. You negotiate a price for his head, and you ride off. After a bit of investigation, you find out he's help up in a small camp south of the village. Making your way through the encampment, you find your blade at the generals throat. However, he explains that his higher ups have taken his family hostage in order to force him to do their will, and that he is tired of serving them and wishes to escape the land with his family. Your have two options, kill the general and collect your reward from the village, or track down his family and help them flea the country to start a new life. Let's say you decide to help him, you end freeing his family and they go to a neighboring nation, however when you return to the village, it is destroyed by the generals underlings. If you decide to keep your word and kill the general, the villages will reward you, however maybe in the main city of the game later on you will see the generals family lynched in the streets. While this is only a very rough idea for a mission, to me it perfectly shows how the side missions in the game could work. Too often in AC titles do we find ourselves collecting feathers or killing faceless nobody with no real consequence. Side missions should have an impact on the world, no matter how small.
    7. The Map - I found that Odyssey's world was way too big, and really filled with nothing in it. I think the world should be plentiful with things to do and see, but not too big as to make it feel empty. My ideal map would feature a main city, around the size of Paris in Unity but not as big, maybe one or two AC4 Havana sized maps as the secondary cities, and forests and villages separating all three. Each city and town should have it's own feel, along with the forests being full of animals to hunt, and secrets and tombs to be discovered.
    8. Main Assassination Missions - Unlike the side assassination example I gave, you can't decide to spare one of your main targets, resulting in another side mission. Your target must die, you're given an open sandbox and you only have the tools at your side to kill them. I think a blend of the mission style of AC1, Unity and Dishonored would yield the best results. Although extremely repetitive, having to gather information on your targets in AC1 was an interesting idea. I think that this should return, however be more fleshed out and optional, only if the player wants to have added info. I think a mix of the black box missions and Dishonored's open ended style would be really fun. There should be many ways to find your target and kill them. Here's another scenario of how this could work. Let's say your target is held up in a castle, and because of previous actions in the game, your target is aware that you are after their life, so they have added a lot more guards and really increased the security (I think the core concept from Dishonored in which the more people you kill the more guards there will be next time would be a great fit). The castle seems impossible to get into. So you do some investigation and find out one of your targets lackeys is delivering an important letter to your target at 12:00 am. So you wait outside the lackeys house until 12:00 am and start tailing him. However, he sees you and he starts to run, so you kill him and find a letter on his person (Before Unity came out, the devs said that tailing missions would be dynamic so that if you were spotted, you wouldn't have to restart the mission but rather you could kill them and find like a letter telling you the info you needed, while this didn't end up in the final release, I think it should actually happen in the next game). The letter states that a sewer East of the castle could pose a security issue. Reading that, you go to the sewer, and inside find that it leads to right underneath the basement of the fortress. Again while this is a very rough idea of what I want, I think the potential here is amazing for the game.
    9. Stealth - The problem with a lot of AC games is that either is the stealth is way too easy, broken, or non existent and forces you to have a combative approach to missions. And recent titles have completely gotten rid of social stealth. I think the next AC game needs a mix of social stealth and environmental stealth. For social, I think classic crowd blending needs to be brought back, and needs to feel more immersive, like how in the AC4 demo you see Edward playing cards or flirting with women, the crowd blending needs to be contextual. For environmental stealth, I think the setting and weather should play an effect. Sneaking in the rain or night makes it harder for enemies to see you, but it also makes it harder for you to see them. Snow could serve an interesting feature, making it so that guards can see your footprints and allow them to track you. Overall, proper stealth just needs to be brought back and not be broken this time. Also eagle vision needs to come back, not a controllable bird.
    10. Setting - Honestly, the setting to me anyways isn't a big deal. It needs to make sense story and gameplay wise, but I trust Ubisoft to find an interesting one. As long as it isn't set before Origins or too close to modern times, I think anything could work. If I had to choose, I would say Medieval/Dark Ages England or Feudal Japan.
    submitted by /u/Uneasymamal536
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through Black Flag finally....I kinda feel like this is where they got the idea to go off the rails with the RPG stuff

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:27 PM PST

    Because the Jackdaw upgrades and progression system was/is fun. It's enjoyable and kind of makes sense considering the nature of naval warfare. No, I can't pick fights with Frigates/Man'o'Wars right off that bat because the Jackdaw isn't big enough or well enough armored to stand-up to them.

    It makes sense when you apply that kind of logic to ships. To vehicles. Maybe an organization as a whole. It doesn't break the immersion or experience of the game when your little ship can't take on big ships until you upgrade it.

    Until you overextend that logic onto humans.

    What DOES break the immersion and experience is when, for some reason, Random Shirtless/Leather Clad Man #2 is somehow more stab resistant or outright stab wound immune compared to Random Shirtless/Leather Clad Man #1 I just faced 40 minutes ago. It especially feels weird when in the context of the rest of the series you could almost completely ignore the Assassin's equipment upgrades and still do well with skill. I don't feel like I need Edward's extra health upgrades - its just nice to have that extra bit of cushion if I screw up. I don't need to screw with getting extra equipment or DMG buffs if I don't want because stealth stabs and counter kills work all the time because that makes sense.

    submitted by /u/ParagonFury
    [link] [comments]

    Where can i find the Violin music in Assassins Creed Unity?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:30 AM PST

    Has anyone uploaded them, as in game rips? I love the violin music that plays in ACU, like in the prison sequence, or just in various places in the game like the Le Petier Mission (a Dinner engagement) or when there are events like balls in the game.

    submitted by /u/DeusVult14
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment