• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 15, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Shay Cormac inadvertently created TWO of the most important Assasins to ever live

    Assassin's Creed Shay Cormac inadvertently created TWO of the most important Assasins to ever live


    Shay Cormac inadvertently created TWO of the most important Assasins to ever live

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 05:36 AM PST

    Shay Cormac, through his actions in Assasins Creed Rouge, accidentally created TWO of the most influencial Assasins of all time. Connor Kenway, who almost singlehandedly won the American Revolution and dismantled the Templar Order in America, and Arno Dorian, who almost singlehandedly won the French Revolution and dismantled the Templar Order in France.

    He made Connor by leaving his former master Achilles alive which led to Achilles training Connor. And he killed Arno's father which led Arno down the path of becoming an Assasin himself.

    Ironically, his betrayl helped create stronger opposition for the Templars later down the line.

    submitted by /u/DominicDomination
    [link] [comments]

    Focus on the First Civilisation rather than Abstergo is the biggest mistake of Ubisoft

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:31 PM PST

    Let's go back in AC1.

    Desmond Miles was a young barman kidnapped by Abstergo, known as a pharmaceutic company.

    There was a pretty good background about Abstergo : It is revealed to Abstergo is not only a pharmaceutic company, but also a powerful organisation wanting to rule the world, following the precepts of an old order named the Templars.

    Abstergo is everywhere, and you can't escape them. We also knew by the e-mails that the world in 2012 was more and more erratic : important epidemy in Africa, more and more natural disasters...

    Abstergo planned to launch their satellite, EyeAbstergo, on the 21st December of 2012, using an Apple of Eden they planned to localize through Desmond's memories (especially with the map that the Apple shows at the end). This date is also mentionned on the wall of the room.

    Here is what I think was planned in AC1, and using rumors from around 2008 and what Nolan North said : Desmond was supposed to become the Ultimate Assassin in the present using the transfer effect from Altair and Ezio, in order to stop the launch of the satellite EyeAbstergo who wanted to use the Apple to control the minds of every person on the Earth. Also, I think this could also have lead to one of the biggest disaster in the history of mankind. It is mentionned in e-mails that Abstergo previously caused important disasters (Denver airport, Philadelphia experiment...) trying to manipulate Pieces of Eden.

    I think introducing the First Civilization in AC2 was a big mistake : since then, the story became lost : we don't really know who is the enemy, what's the goal of the present...

    With Abstergo, there was a great potential because there was a defined enemy, well introduced in the first game. But it was let down in AC2 to put the First Civilization in the first place which became a real mess. Also, introducing the First Civilization this soon broke all the mystery and fantasy about the artefacts.

    The artefacts had to be tools in the war between Assassins and Templars, not the main subject of the story.

    I felt Abstergo became a real waste after AC1 : we never really felt it was a powerful company as in the first game. - The confrontation between Desmond and Abstergo's employees were always very easy, while they were supposed to be professional killers (hello Daniel Cross...). - Vidic became a real parody of a vilain (he was like "hahaha Mr. Miles I am going to catch you") while he was a very interesting scientist in the first game. - Lucy was killed off because of Kristen Bell's conflict (she asked for royalties that Ubisoft didn't want to pay her) with Ubisoft, and then they invented the weird story of her being a double agent. - Invading in Abstergo's offices was as easy as entering in a shop.

    submitted by /u/Montreuilloiss
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's creed 1 still has the best dialogues imo. This is a memory corridor conversation after we assassinate Jubair Al Hakim (the one who burnt holy books). What happened to such deep stuff?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Why? Why have you done this? [Altair: Men must be free to do what they believe. It is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do, no matter how much we disagree.] Then what? [Altair: You of all people should know the answer. Educate them. Teach them right from wrong. It must be knowledge that frees them, not force.] They do not learn, fixed in their ways as they are. You are naïve to think otherwise. It's an illness, for which there is but one cure. [Altair: You're wrong. And that's why you must be put to rest.] Am I not unlike those precious books you seek to save? A source of knowledge with which you disagree? Yet you're rather quick to steal my life. [Altair: A small sacrifice to save many. It is necessary. Is it not ancient scrolls that inspire the Crusaders? That fill Salāḥ ad-Dīn and his men with a sense of righteous fury? Their texts endanger others, bring death in their wake. I too, was making a small sacrifice. It matters little now. Your deed is done, and so am I.

    submitted by /u/gen1masterrony
    [link] [comments]

    Are DLC necessary for the story?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:47 PM PST

    The only Assasins Crees I've played was the first one a really long time ago.

    There's a Ubisoft sale on the Xbox Market with the Ezio collection and Legendary Collection. Those two collections contain all the games following the first and I thought it'd be a good way to get back into the story.

    The thing is that the Legendary Collection doesn't contain the DLC that the games came with.

    I'm asking if I'd be losing anything by not getting the DLC for those games in the Legendary Collection (Odyssey, Origins, etc.), especially since a lot of the recent DLC seems really cool. Things involving the Gods in Odyssey and the first hidden blade etc.

    Is the DLC important and would I be missing out on anything?

    Edit: Also, if DLC isn't necessary, would you still recommend that I get them?

    submitted by /u/Pfcoolio14
    [link] [comments]

    Black flag's writing is phenomenal

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:33 AM PST

    Is it just me or is black flag's writing very reminiscent of rockstar's ? ( similar to something like red dead redemption 2 not gta 5) . Revelations and black flag have really good story and compelling characters . Not surprised though , Darby McDevitt worked on both titles . Fingers crossed he is the lead writer of the upcoming game :)

    submitted by /u/esiokles
    [link] [comments]

    Seasoned Witcher Struggling at this game

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:20 PM PST

    Did my Death Match on The Witcher 3 + HoS + BW with no rune/glyph/mutagen/oil/decoction, basically just sword & sign, occasionally Swallow. I have never played AC game before, I figured I'd give Odyssey a try since it is similar genre to the Witcher.

    Oh boy, the game caught me off guard. I am playing on PS4 at Nightmare + Level Scaling, a pack of wolf wiped my ass so many times. I kept pressing the wrong buttons to dodge/attack, because the two games have different mapping (for example, Square is dodge in AC but light attack in Witcher)

    But my BIGGEST issue is with the camera: in TW3, when combat starts, I can adjust camera angle any time with right stick, especially after dodge/roll, this gives a lot of power and flexibility to carry out the fight. It is not the case in AC: it uses a lock-on system, the right stick is used to switch enemy focus, thus once combat starts, the camera angle is taken over by AI, there is no way to adjust it manually. Also, if I don't lock on, I won't be able to back away or circle the enemy, because as soon as I do it, I turn away from them, exposing my back to attack.

    I tried to find any menu option RE manual camera control but there is none. I am completely new to AC, just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

    submitted by /u/cmmD0022
    [link] [comments]

    ASSASSINS CREED UNITY MULTIPLAYER

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:31 PM PST

    Anyone on ps4 wanna do some assassins creed unity heists??

    submitted by /u/The-Names-Goku
    [link] [comments]

    Comic Book readers, what time period in the comics would you like to play?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:19 PM PST

    I'd like to see India under British rule. Following the story of Henry Green's Father. It has a lot of potential story wise and is a very interesting time period. It also has an ISU artifact called Koh-i-Noor (Correct me if Im wrong) that can be a main focus of the plot.

    submitted by /u/PandaGirlKaede
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favourite robes?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:48 PM PST

    Favourite robes

    What are you guys favourite robes? My top 3 would be 1-Edward 2-Connor 3-Arno

    submitted by /u/M-o-r-p-h
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about Origins and Odyssey

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:44 PM PST

    Hey all,

    I just bought Origins on sale and waiting for the download. I just wanted to ask if this game and the newer Odyssey are good games?

    Some background: The last AC game I played was Black Flag, which is one of my favourite games ever. But thats also because I love pirate games.

    I never played the original AC games so the story doesn't really resonate, although I've watched walk-throughs of Ezio's story so I enjoyed that storytelling.

    Anyways, so how do the never games compare to Black Flag??

    submitted by /u/kvrai12
    [link] [comments]

    Back Jump from Ezio’s Collection

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:09 PM PST

    I get that every assassin has their own move set and crap but it'd be really cool in games such as Odyssey and Origins if they could've kept that.

    submitted by /u/Kaii099
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the game without buying skills in AC Unity?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:53 PM PST

    I was wondering if it's possible to finish the whole story without buying any of the skills? Are any skills a requirement to beat the game?

    submitted by /u/Shiroyasha1381
    [link] [comments]

    Excited for AC 2020

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:12 PM PST

    I honestly just wanna say how amped I am to jump into the AC world again in 2020. Bring on the new info! I know the community can be divided on old AC VS New AC. But I love it all, bring on the Vikings. Not to mention on a new gen system.

    submitted by /u/eric7064
    [link] [comments]

    I hope that assassins creed 2020 will time down the mythical creatures

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:07 AM PST

    if the mythical creatures comeback I hope like curse of the pharaohs keep it as an illusion from the piece of eden

    submitted by /u/cporter1996
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone still play Unity online? (Dumb question but why not)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:29 PM PST

    Just asking because I was thinking about getting it again I haven't touch any assassin creed game over 2 or 3 years. Just curious how active community is for Unity? And long are ques for missions?

    submitted by /u/zallan85
    [link] [comments]

    Where to play AC1

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:06 PM PST

    Where can I play ac1? (Domt have ps3/360) I dont see it on steam and doesnt seem available on Amazon. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Batmanick
    [link] [comments]

    Brotherhood sequence 1 was intense AF

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:32 AM PST

    I have played every major assassin's creed game except brotherhood and revelations. Playing brotherhood now and holy fuck man. This is probably the most intense sequence in assassin's creed.

    submitted by /u/Chalcko_
    [link] [comments]

    What are your thoughts on Assassins Creed Liberation

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST

    (Repost, original was removed by AutoMod)

    I was rummaging through my games and found the America's Collection, AC Black Flag, 3, and a way to download liberation. I downloaded it pretty much for free, and so far it seems nice. I like the personas so far, and it looks like it has potential. What are your thoughts on it? So far, the missions aren't the best. Should I even bother playing?

    submitted by /u/hecker421
    [link] [comments]

    When do y’all think the next AC will be released?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:04 PM PST

    There were originally rumours it would be announced feb 5 at the PS5 event and released in the fall of 2020, that didn't happen. others say it would be 2021, but that's way too far away. Is it? What are your ideas?

    submitted by /u/CrY0g4n1C
    [link] [comments]

    Shaking Down AC Odyssey

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:17 AM PST

    I picked up Origins on sale a couple weeks ago, I haven't played an AC since 2 and am enjoying it far more than I thought I would, with Odyssey being its sister release it didn't take long to notice it's on sale too. I've gone back and forth on it too much, so I laid out the mulling below for my own sanity, comparing what I've played of Origins to what I've seen of Odyssey.

    Combat - Origins has surprised me by having a halfway decent combat system, you can see the Witcher, Souls, and even Dragon's Dogma influence so it's right to my taste. Adding slow-mo to perfect dodges & mapping your own special attack skills in Odyssey look like really compelling additions to the system too. However I don't care what mechanical or lore reasons there are for it, you don't create a game that relies on spartan imagery and themes so heavily and not feature a shield in your combat system, what an egregious mistake considering how functional the shield is in Origins as well. I've read the Dev's excuse that you're a merc in Origins not a spartan, but that doesn't excuse it. Might as well cut the Pyramids from Origins they're as visually synonymous.

    I was a sucker for the Nemesis System in the Middle Earth games and to see something like it implemented in Odyssey is a huge tease; the mercenary system looking like it has way longer legs than Origin's Phylakes.

    Narrative - The writing in Origins has been sharp, with the just the right amount of prose and dramatic imagery where it matters, Bayek is a great character to play too. Most of what I've seen of Odyssey is the quirky "humorous" stuff that's only made me wince, except the opening "event" involving an oracle and a cliff, that compares well to the high notes in Origins so far. I wonder if it gets better.

    Immersion - This is the frustrating one, I don't really care about the dialogue options, but in fat RPGs like these I like to switch off as much as the HUD as is viable for a fluid experience and just feast on the world, play the combat by feel, get lost etc. You can do this in Origins but it's limited in HUD control and a bit of a pain, and while I think Egypt is an overall more beautiful setting, Greece is no slouch either. The Exploration mode and finer HUD control options look like enormous pluses but then you've got the niggling little insistence that your headgear disappears in Odyssey whenever you talk to somebody, break clothing continuity, hampering immersion. I get the impression they did this so to get their money's worth with the expanded character animation, but a toggle for immersion's sake like they did with the HUD elements would've pleased everyone.

    Finally to be even more pedantic I can't help but notice that parkouring around in gladiator armor and sneaking through tall grass with a huge crested helmet can look silly, compare that image to Bayek's dress which fits his movement and purpose. It comes back to the spartan imagery Odyssey banks on, it doesn't fit the mechanical role you play in the role-playing game.

    submitted by /u/Coypop
    [link] [comments]

    I miss the syndicate combat system

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:02 AM PST

    It just feels great. Combo numbers I always love but just it doesn't look so slow or boring like the older games.

    I could say this a lot better but I'm tired lol

    submitted by /u/Stos915
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite shanty in AC IV?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:19 AM PST

    What was/is your favorite shanty from the entirety of the game? This includes the shanties sung in the bars. "Roll, Boys, Roll" and obviously "Drunken Sailor" are my favorites for sailing and "Star of the county down" for the bars

    submitted by /u/Aegishjalmr_
    [link] [comments]

    It's there a list that shows all gear you can obtain in ACO without using helix credits nor Oiko's boxes?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:59 AM PST

    The question goes specially for legendary in mid to late game. I live rpg games but hate getting too OP on it too early.

    submitted by /u/K-borealis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment