• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 28, 2020

    Assassin's Creed My Alexios Cosplay [self] (photo by DC photocosplay)

    Assassin's Creed My Alexios Cosplay [self] (photo by DC photocosplay)


    My Alexios Cosplay [self] (photo by DC photocosplay)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:45 AM PST

    I wish Adewalé had had a full game and not just a short DLC.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:04 AM PST

    Just finished Ac4 for the 3rd time, this time on switch, and started Freedom Cry. I forgot what a badass Adewale was and now it has me wishing they had given him a full game or even a longer expansion. His story is just as interesting as any other AC protagonist's and his fighting style has a brutal passion like no other. Any characters you think got undercut in this series?

    submitted by /u/SilvertongueSiren
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Odyssey Orichalcum shard count

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 03:06 AM PST

    There are (By my count) 601 orichalcum shards in AC Odyssey

    I couldnt find any places that just said how many shards there were all up so i just decided to count them and made this post.

    Some of these areas might be 1 or 2 different Orichalcum different if you count it because some orichalcum overlapped some borders so i had to go with what looked right and also im not perfect.

    Break Down (Highest shard count at the top, main land areas first):

    Lakonia - 43

    Phokis - 32

    Arkadia - 29

    Attika - 29

    Boeotia - 25

    Korinthia - 24

    Messenia - 21

    Malis - 19

    Makedonia - 19

    Elis - 16

    Achaia - 14

    Argolis - 14

    Lokris - 13

    Megaris - 9

    Which equal to 307 unless i missed adding one. Onto islands now

    Euboea - 26

    Messara - 24

    Lesbos - 20

    Kephalonia - 18

    Pephka - 18

    Chios - 17

    Naxos - 17

    Kythera - 16

    Andros - 12

    Keos - 12

    Kos -12

    Thera - 11

    Delos - 10

    Lemnos - 10

    Mykonos - 10

    Anaph - 9

    Thasos - 9

    Skyros - 8

    Paros - 7

    Hydrea - 4

    Melos - 4

    Nysiros - 3

    Seriphos - 3

    which adds up to 294 unless i missed adding one.

    submitted by /u/Jiji321456
    [link] [comments]

    Would anyone be interested in Ubisoft returning to an old character?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 07:43 PM PST

    Of course it won't have the same feel as the Ezio games as they were all released in that order but I would love to see a return to Arno/Connor, where they team up and eventually fight Shay.

    I feel like this would give Arno a better chance to be appreciated as a good character in a great game, rather than a good character that was unfortunately placed in the mess that is Unity.

    This was inspired by comments I've seen but from what I've read people seem to think they can't just return to old characters which to me doesn't make sense because as long as it fits into the universe, I'd love to see a return to Arno/Connor that works similarly to the Jacob/Evie dynamic

    Edit: meant to say this but it would also give us a chance to see how Connor adapts to America as it is in it's early years (and I've always wanted to see an old Connor)

    Just realized as I was typing this that Elise could potentially make a cameo as well

    submitted by /u/NOlifeGAMER04
    [link] [comments]

    The Real Life Origins of the Assassin's Creed Logo

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 04:30 PM PST

    I had the great chance to chat a bit with Farside Creative, the designer of the AC logo we all know and love. From what they said, far too few people know how it came about. In my opinion, the logo is as famous and legendary as the Triforce from Zelda, the mushroom and star from Super Mario, and the Pokeball from Pokemon. I'll let Farside Creative explain how this logo came about:

    "The design of the Assassin's Creed logo is one of my proudest achievements. Over the years I've seen my original design updated, modified, adjusted and embellished and it makes me immensely proud that the core essence has remained throughout. I aimed to create an instantly recognizable logo and symbol that could work in a historical setting as well as a futuristic one. As a starting point I looked at the origins of the word 'Assassin' and came across theories that believe it derives from the Arabic word 'Hashshashin'. Whether or not this is true is unclear but it led me to look at Arabic letter forms as inspiration for the symbol. I also researched the weapons commonly used during the game's historic time period and created abstract blade shapes based on them. The stylised "A" symbol is a conceptual combination of these two lines of research. With the symbol finished I moved onto the text of the logo individually crafting and modifying each letter to give the logo a unique look and feel based on the blade-like forms I had already established."

    You can see the image breakdown on their site HERE, and a Vimeo video of it HERE.

    I asked the designer how they felt about how AC Origins showed the origins of the logo, an eagle skull imprint in the sand, and here's what they said:

    "Thats an interesting question! Logos, particularly game logos, can take on a life of their own after they've been created and for me this is just one of the more extreme examples! As I said in my first reply the game and its lore has become MUCH bigger than anyone could have forseen. The makers obviously felt that they needed to weave the origin of the logo into the narrative of their new story. I have to admit I was a bit annoyed at first as its totally fabricated and simply not where the "A" symbol came from. I wish they hadn't have done it but the game is way bigger than me. I guess thats the difficulty in setting sequels (technically prequels) in a time before the one I worked on. They basically had to rewrite the history of the logo to make it all work. I'm not after recognition or praise from the makers or anything like that, they don't owe me an explanation as its theirs now to do with as they please. It is and will always be a piece of work I'm immensely proud of and whatever story or narrative is put out there the truth is I created it and that can never be changed :) At least you can count yourself as one of the few people who knows the true "origin" of the logo and symbol!"

    This comment can be found in the comments of the Vimeo video. They were super cool to reply to me out of nowhere. I hope this can show or remind people of how the AC logo we all know and love came about, and the designer Farside Creative can get the credit and recognition they deserve. The Vimeo video only has 1.3k views, and two favorites, and one is from me.

    submitted by /u/Saixak
    [link] [comments]

    My headcanon Assassin's Creed Universe

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 12:27 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    This might seem weird to some people but as a huge fan of AC lore i sortof build myself a headcanon where a few of the movies/series/games that i watch/play could work in a Marvel-esque extended universe with the AC canon.

    Here's some of my ideas :

    1. Obviously, anything Assassin's Creed
    2. Black Sails (to go with the AC4 canon)
    3. Anything Ghost Recon
    4. The Jack Ryan movies & books (specially the Harrison Ford version, with the evolution the character has, it could work in a modern day setting)
    5. John Wick (because of course)
    6. Kingsman (kinda fits if not a bit cartoonish)
    7. Knightfall (because Templars)
    8. Marco Polo (for Altaïr nostalgia)
    9. Mr. Robot (fits the Watch Dogs universe which we know is connected to AC)
    10. Peaky Blinders (because it's awesome)
    11. Anything Rainbow related (same as Ghost Recon)
    12. Might as well plonk the Splinter Cell universe with the rest of the Clancy's properties
    13. Vikings (because i thought - even before the rumors started spreading - that the Ragnar saga could fit perfectly in AC lore)

    Sorry for the lengh of the post but i wanted to know if some of you were doing the same thing and if yes, what did you put in your headcanon.

    Cheers !

    submitted by /u/AgatheLyrique
    [link] [comments]

    assassins creed 1 towels and toilet rolls?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:00 PM PST

    the full body and hand towels and toilet rolls are strange.

    they constantly change from day to day and if you get up during a memory block, all towels and toilet rolls will be gone! what is going on?

    My theory is that during the memory block they take all the towels and toilet rolls and replace them so that you cannot use them to turn into a weapon or a means of escape. but then one would wonder, why are you given 6 towels to begin with?

    there were 2 toilet rolls and now im on robert's block and there is just one toilet roll left....when exactly do we use the stuff? wouldn't it have been better to have the option to shower and use the toilet and eat? and if they didn't want to go that specific then why make the towels/toilet rolls change? why even have that back room at all?

    thoughts?

    submitted by /u/alixxxali
    [link] [comments]

    So Ive played a lot of assassins creed but ive never logged into ubi club with it before. For the first time i went through all the ubisoft games i have and logged in. When i did it i got three ”badges” and i cant find what they are for. Can someone tell me?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 05:48 PM PST

    Sorry for my wall of a title

    submitted by /u/__1--------------_
    [link] [comments]

    Two questions about Odyssey

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:15 AM PST

    So I'm loving the game so far, but I have two questions/gripes

    1. Will I always feel this weak? Like I feel like I do no damage to the enemies when I have to fight, and even trying to 1 shot assassinate doesn't always work on enemies my level.

    2. Why do mercenaries come running from across the region if I'm fighting someone? I've had 3 or 4 show up in 1 fight alone

    submitted by /u/shinyguns1
    [link] [comments]

    Towards the beginning of ac2 Ezio s brother says something like keep up the hard work and Ezio replies “penis” in Italian. Was that him calling him a dick?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:42 PM PST

    Anyways I found it hilarious

    submitted by /u/__1--------------_
    [link] [comments]

    assassins creed 1 best weapon?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:06 PM PST

    i have been replaying assassins creed one and noticed that the best weapon is the hidden blade. you can instantly murder people who do not guard up (best way to explain it. its like when they look away or wave their sword or give you death threats, or scratch their legs or head), and if you time your counters right, one hit kills. ofcourse the downfall is if you miss a counter you are hit and you cannot deflect. any thoughts on this?

    also i have been thinking that there is no use of the sword and short blade. like pick one or the other. what are your thoughts and favourite weapons and why?

    submitted by /u/alixxxali
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed: China - Manga - Chapter 3 'The Port' - Review and Analysis [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:19 AM PST

    Assassin’s Creed Liberation does full sync objectives right

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:55 AM PST

    At least they are simple and easy to complete unlike some AC games.

    submitted by /u/iamthenight22
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey: Help! Strange "dotted line" lighting [Pictures & Video Included]

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 12:07 PM PST

    So I got a new monitor today and decided to boot up AC Odyssey for the first time in a while to see how it looks. Everything else looked normal, except when I entered a building I noticed that there was something strange going on with the lighting. The best way I can describe it as is "dotted line lighting", since that's exactly what it looks like.

    Album with images

    Video

    Has anyone else experienced this bug? So far I've only found one thread from someone who had a similar bug but it doesn't look like it gained much traction (nor a solution).

    EDIT: If anyone has a bit of extra time on their hands, it would be immensely helpful if they went to the same location to see if the same bug happens for them or not. Here's the location on a map.

    submitted by /u/ercarp
    [link] [comments]

    Hi ps4 player cant get pass sequence 7 mem 3

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 05:05 PM PST

    I have been at the button mashing parts for the last 13 minutes how can i get pass this Edit forgot to say unity

    submitted by /u/smoothE_
    [link] [comments]

    Just started up Odyssey and am around level 12. What content/quests should I be focusing on if I do not really want to do everything but just enough to get the Platinum and experience the game?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:43 AM PST

    So I picked up Odyssey yesterday. Am already level 12 and just got to the third zone in the game - Phokis I think. Still pretty early on in the game. But the one thing that stands out the minute you start is how massive the game world is and there is so much of content that is being thrown at you from bounties, mercenaries, forts, etc. I just want to get through the main campaign and do enough to get the Platinum hopefully.

    What should I be focusing my time on in the game or should not miss out on? Also any tips to not make it seem like a grind?

    submitted by /u/NordWitcher
    [link] [comments]

    What books did you like?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 02:32 PM PST

    I only read brotherhood and forsaken. Brotherhood was awful in my opinion (but I loved the game), but I surprisingly loved forsaken. Haytham Kenway was just an amazing character and I really liked to read more about Edward as an older gentleman. So what are your thoughts about the books? Which ones would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/the_fried_egg_
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's creed Unity game

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:31 AM PST

    Does anyone still play AC unity, I'm looking for club to join

    submitted by /u/1TastyChip
    [link] [comments]

    Statue of Liberty in AC unity

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 07:39 AM PST

    Is she tied to that one specific mission or can you visit her in the regular open world outside of that mission?

    submitted by /u/xFR0STYYYx
    [link] [comments]

    My axe is lost at sea !!!???

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 01:46 PM PST

    (I ALREADY SEARCHED THIS AND NOTHING IS COMMING UP ON GOOGLE)

    I had my pirate boarding axe and i used the special attack, the one where you have to pick up the axe after attacking, but I was Sequence 9 a bitter end. I was on the final captain and I used my special attack but it sent me into a cutscene, and it ended and I was back in New York I dont have my axe what do I do.

    submitted by /u/sagninaw
    [link] [comments]

    The combat in Brotherhood was such an improvement over 2

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 03:55 PM PST

    After playing Origins I bought every AC game and started playing through the earlier ones. I liked AC2, but hated the combat. It was slow, clunky, pretty easy, and I generally avoided it. It was so refreshing coming to Brotherhood. The combat is faster, attacking can actually kill enemies, and the execution feature is fun to decimate entire squadrons. I hope I'm not alone in thinking this

    submitted by /u/LevitarDoom
    [link] [comments]

    Worth it to stick through the story?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:35 AM PST

    So I've never missed an AC game. But I just can't do this one. It feels so much like the last with no assassins and Templar's. The animus rules while just upgraded were basically just to turn the game into the Witcher 3.

    How important are the ISU and modern day parts?

    Do Shawn and Rebecca appear?

    Need to know if it's worth it to slog through or not.

    I almost feel guilty not playing it. Plus the Ragnarok rumors sound decent. So id like to play it still. Makes me feel guilty LOL

    submitted by /u/BetelGeuse1987
    [link] [comments]

    Will I explore the whole map in the main questline?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:53 PM PST

    I'm pretty far in the game : Im I'm Naxos. Still there is so much of the map I havent explored. Will I have to go out of my way to do so? Or will the game take me there?

    submitted by /u/fizzbish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment