• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 4, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I hope the next game has no critical assassination skill

    Assassin's Creed I hope the next game has no critical assassination skill


    I hope the next game has no critical assassination skill

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:35 AM PST

    When I stab my target in the neck this should deal enough damage to hurt it critical.

    This skill made the stealth more complicated and worse in my opinion. It also forces you to always have an full adrenalin bar because without it you could only make normal assassinations... It worked so well before Odyssey and the Assassinations in the earlier games where much more satisfying because the where real assassination and not only a skill wo take half of the points from the Enemy bar...

    submitted by /u/JKAC2013
    [link] [comments]

    Do people sincerely believe the next AC might not be a RPG whackathon?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:16 PM PST

    I've seen a lot of posts lately (like the assassination one) that's calling for a return to assassination styles that are pre-Origins. Or other stuff like a condensed world. Or no dialogue options. Or more linear storytelling.

    I can't be the only one that's extremely skeptical you're going to get anything but this. While I know this is an AC subreddit, there almost seems a deafness in acknowledging how crazy successful Origins and Odyssey were. Heck, Odyssey was nominated for a Game of the Year award at the Game Awards. You'd have to go all the way back to 2013's Assassin's Creed 3 to find the last game to get nominated.

    The constant rehashing of "the next game needs to have this" or "Ragnarok better be like X" seems less about iterating on the *new* games of Origins and Odyssey, and more like how Ubisoft is either going to do a 180 and so something completely new or go back to the older style of the franchise.

    Am I alone in my skepticism on this? To me, we've crossed the point of no return. I'm not expecting Ragnarok or whatever we want to call it to be anything but pushing Odyssey in a less janky, more refined manner. And even then.

    submitted by /u/markthequest
    [link] [comments]

    I’d like to see another game series like the Ezio trilogy

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:29 PM PST

    I would personally like them to go back to the way that things were, and see another character study like they did with Ezio with the Ezio trilogy, with multiple main games designed around one character. I personally would've loved to see this done with Connor because his character has a lot of untapped potential, developmentally. Would you like to see something like this, if so how would you like to see it done?

    submitted by /u/joemama66669
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Juno(possible heavy spoilers from books+games)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:00 PM PST

    Big Juno Spoilers Like why the fuck would they go such an exceedingly lazy ass route if this is true?! Like, I love the series but it feels like they are going way to crazy with the lore like Halo's when 4 got introduced. Suddenly we have a 75 mill history stretching back where humanity and Diadact's people were friends, multiple books exploring all this random ass recently revealed stuff

    submitted by /u/drzerglingmd38
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Ubisoft afraid to make an AC game with a female protagonist?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:10 AM PST

    This may get downvoted but it's a question I've had for a long while. There is a lot of lip service at Ubisoft about being inclusive and how strong their women characters are but EVERYTIME we get a MAINLINE game with a female protagonist it always comes with the caveat of there being a male playable right next to her. Whether it be Syndicate or Odyssey it just seems really cheap not to give a female protagonist her own chance to shine. Especially considering most people picked Alexios who isnt even the main character. Imagine if in Tomb Raider they gave you the option to play as a dude instead of Lara Croft. That would probably ruin how iconic she has become. Evie and Kassandra will never have that chance because of this.

    submitted by /u/RoninPI
    [link] [comments]

    What are some unorthodox AC settings that you’d like to see.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:07 AM PST

    When talking about possible future AC settings its almost always the same. China, Feudal Japan, WWII(I don't know why, I'm pretty sure Ubisoft has expressly stated they won't go into the 20th century for a major installment), Ancient Rome, etc. etc.

    What are some out of the box historical settings that you'd like to see? The city of Babylon during the Sasanian Empire, the Toluid Civil War between the Mongols, Shaka Zulu and the Zulu Empire in South Africa, St. Bartholomew Massacre and the War of Three Henrys just to name a few.

    submitted by /u/Wandering-Gammon27
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Legacy of the First blade ending (Spoilers)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:46 PM PST

    So the pyramids were built between 500 bc and 50 bc now? How do you interpret the ending which shows the pyramids being built, even though the established lore says 2000 years prior to this?

    submitted by /u/blueghostont0ast
    [link] [comments]

    Music was ubiquitous in Ancient Greece. Now we can hear how it actually sounded | Aeon Videos

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:28 AM PST

    Most unusual/surprising Challenge in an AC game?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:58 PM PST

    My friend Hannah has had a surprising struggle in Assassin's Creed 3. She struggled with the dog/wolf fights because she's a canine lover. It made me think of other weird, dumb surprise challenges I faced in the series, and I wanted to see what everyone else's surprising difficulty spikes may have been in the franchise.

    submitted by /u/cehteshami
    [link] [comments]

    AC games are not AC games anymore

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:26 PM PST

    From the beginning of Assassin's Creed the players main focus was stealth. Get in and out quietly. But the two newest releases aren't what I would call Assassin' Creed. It was more of Dark Souls gameplay (by that i mean the combat style and strategy).

    In Origins you had shields, but now in Oddyssey there isn't even a shield. It's a full on RPG. Now i don't mean to say these two games weren't great. They are amazing, but they don't have the certain spark that AC games in the past had. In previous games I loved doing those counter moves and the multi-takedowns, but now there are no counters or multi-takedowns.

    AC I, II, Brotherhood, III, IV Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate were the point where these games felt like an Assassin's Creed game. But now, in Odyssey, there are too many magical items, the gameplay is too RPG-ic, and the overall feeling of it being an AC game is not there. I don't feel like it's an AC game when i play Origins or Odyssey. Don't you agree fellow AC fans that the newest instalment into this franchise (Assassin's Creed Ragnarok) should be more like the previous games.

    I'm sorry this isn't a meme or something you can laugh at and that this was too lengthy, but to me this felt like something to share. So here it is. I got this off my chest and I hope this is something all those other hardcore AC fans want in the new game.

    submitted by /u/edgiest_archer
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins's Creed Ragnarok listing

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:28 AM PST

    Even tho I hate Naval Battles.....

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:29 AM PST

    Connor yelling commands in AC3 made it more tolerable

    submitted by /u/Jayfar14
    [link] [comments]

    The main quests runtime hasn't changed much since the city based ACs, if anything they are smaller now, just appear to be much bigger because of constant level requirements

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:30 AM PST

    I replayed Ac3 the other day and it took me about 17 hours to finish the game. Focusing on the main plot and only doing the base side missions.

    If you do a playthrougy of Origins or Odyssey with a trainer that allows you to skip level requirements you can finish the main story in about 10 to 15 h.

    When you look at the Witcher 3 it takes about 40h for the main quest, without level requirements.

    What in trying to say is not for Ubisoft to extend the main quest, but rather two things.

    Its an illusion that the main story is longer. It's not. You just have to do an absurd amount of side content to complete it. For a game based on freedom of agency for the player it seems odd that the developers actually limit our freedom so much.

    So many times I wanted to continue the story but no, gotta level up again, even though I did plenty side quests (yes even the gold ones). All this is aggravated by combat that takes 50 hits to kill a guy. Boring.

    If the side quests were amazing it would be mildly acceptable but eh. Imo.

    So the result is a main quest that is about the same length or shorter than the old formula ges but extended to 50 or 60 hours minimum because of side content that it's not on par with the main stuff.

    So if you just do the necessary to play the main quest you end up having to do 30 or more hours of side content, of sub-par quality compared to the main quest, effectively limiting your liberty.

    Yes its an rpg but then again I've always been opposed to heavy level requirements. In fact, they should get rid of them and just introduce better enemies with better AI that would force you to improve your style, instead of numbers on the screen.

    All this is aggravated by the fact that parkour is not interesting anymore, vast majority of time you're just roaming throuh forests and cities are much smaller in size and quests.

    submitted by /u/Brandomd
    [link] [comments]

    Just picked up Odyssey again

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:56 PM PST

    I purchased Odyssey when it released last year but I ended up selling it/traded it in a while after that. Just seen It was on sale for $14 on the PSN store, I got it again and wow I can't believe I got rid of it in the first place, it's amazing. The graphics, story, combat, everything is awesome about this game. After I beat this with all its dlc I'm going back and playing origins again because I never beat that one either.

    submitted by /u/xFR0STYYYx
    [link] [comments]

    Is AC3 worth revisiting?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:55 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I played assassin's creed 3 wayback when it came out. I know the remastered version came out this year, just wondering if it's worth a second play through? I don't remember much of the story since it's been forever. It is my second favorite assassin's creed game after assassin's creed unity. I would love any feedback for anyone who's play the remastered, thanks for your time 🙏.

    submitted by /u/KG_Strike8
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Short-Film Series - "Legacy Of Assassins"

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:31 AM PST

    Assassin's Creed Short-Film Series - "Legacy Of Assassins"

    As huge fans of the Assassin's Creed game franchise and passionate music/film producers, we would love to initiate the #ACForCharity2020 event with our complete "Legacy Of Assassins" Fan Film Series to support the charity organization "Child's Play". Every $ our short film series generates in the period from 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2020 will be donated directly to Child's Play.

    Watch the full Playlist now on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY1kuhwK3NE&list=PLAe0RBa0r7QwFoRVW8fcPDAlQ8p77JeEP

    Many more short-films will come in 2020 for our series, which of course take part in the charity event as well.
    Themes will be: Samurai, Celts, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Industrial Revolution, Witch Hunt & Pirates !!!

    This event continues the idea of #ACRaceForCharity which was introduced by "Sunny/Blutkatze", who raised 720$ together with the AC Community in her Assassin's Creed Origins Speedrun Livestream on the #ACDay for Child's Play Charity 👏

    https://preview.redd.it/iivhck8mml841.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2ab697d5889f43f9b8a231a4ac69cf82f781759d

    submitted by /u/SurrealSoundSystems
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain the Ac Rogue ending?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:32 AM PST

    So this might sound like a stupid question but what does shay mean when he says to Arno's father that the templars might organise a revolution of their own? Does he mean the French revolution because I didn't think the templars caused that.I know this is probably a a stupid question but it just didn't add up for me .

    submitted by /u/Lucathepuca
    [link] [comments]

    Fellow assassins- I’m in need of help (Black Flag/Unity)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:51 AM PST

    I'm new to Reddit, so hopefully this is being posted in the right spot.

    Anyway, I'm going for the platinum in every Assasin's Creed game, at least in the main series. The first is excluded because it's not on PS4, sadly. So far I have ACII, AC: Brotherhood, AC: Revelations, and ACIII. I'm on Black Flag now, and I realized last night that the platinum requires multiplayer trophies. Same with Unity, as I went ahead and assumed that one of all games would, looked it up, and yes.

    I could go on and on about how terrible I think it is to require that for the platinum. Believe me- I could. But I'd rather just find a workaround to the fact that I need multiplayer trophies in games nobody plays multiplayer in. Is anyone out there willing to help me out and get the Black Flag and Unity online trophies? If I'm understanding correctly, Black Flag only requires other people for one of its online trophies, the game lab one. Unity I'm not sure honestly.

    So how about it? Anyone out there willing to help me continue my journey to every AC platinum?

    submitted by /u/SydeSplitter
    [link] [comments]

    The Isu, Eden and Altair

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:49 AM PST

    Just did a bunch of reading into AC lore because of my interest in their Ancient Near East influence. Basically this is my take, the Isu are the fictional version of the Annunaki, from Sumerian stories and belief. The Isu created Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, The Annunaki created first man called "Adamu" in Eden. Altair comes from Maysaf, Syria..Syria was part of Babylon. It is said in the lore assassins began in Maysaf (headquarters) the word assassin and the job was created by an Assyrian soldier who drugged his enemies with hashish, referred as "hashisheen" .. so obviously ubisoft's interest in history is no joke, the question is when will we get a game in the Holy land of Babylon where we whitness the Isu (annunaki) helping begin human civilization with their magic

    submitted by /u/Magiiick
    [link] [comments]

    I bought the trinkets map but dont know how to access it

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 04:15 PM PST

    Like the title says I purchased the trinkets map after needing only one more trinket for peg leg and not knowing where it is. My issue is that I cant find the map anywhere. Where do I go to access it? Do I have to be at the homestead to read it??

    submitted by /u/throwaway789663
    [link] [comments]

    (AC3 Remastered) Can forts get captured again?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:32 AM PST

    So I just finished sequence 5, and I was roaming around the frontier, doing some "Frontiersmen" missions until I stumbled upon fort Duquesne, I liberated it and that's about it. But then I thought to myself if forts can get captured again, after already being liberated (the British taking over the fort again).

    Thx in advance!

    submitted by /u/JesusLovesMeHard
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible getting multiplayer trophies in AC Black flag nowadays?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:15 AM PST

    I'm a trophy hunter and thinking of playing through black flag, and wonder; are some of the multiplayer trophies possible to do this late? Is it possible to do the social discover trophy solo?

    Thank you beforehand!

    submitted by /u/DromKrispen
    [link] [comments]

    Does Black Flag Multiplayer Still Have A Player Base (Xbox One)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:29 AM PST

    As title says, looking to 100% all the achievements in all the assassins creed games, but unfortunately black flag has multiplayer achievements. If it doesn't have a player base is it possible to boost with a friend?

    submitted by /u/Reckless-GB
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment