• Breaking News

    Monday, January 6, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Edward Kenway, 2020. Pencil.

    Assassin's Creed Edward Kenway, 2020. Pencil.


    Edward Kenway, 2020. Pencil.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 06:28 AM PST

    [Hot Take] Revelations is the best game in the franchise

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:44 AM PST

    [Hot Take] Revelations is the best game in the franchise

    The single greatest moment in the history of Assassin's Creed

    But for real, I'm playing through the game for the first time and have been playing the lute for an hour.

    submitted by /u/GentleMenDrinksTea
    [link] [comments]

    I Love AC Cinematic Trailers so much

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:08 PM PST

    I remember, from my early teenage years, that one of my favorite hype feelings was the excitement to see how would the trailer for the next Assassin's Creed be.

    When AC:Revelations trailer came out, I sat at home in my PC and watched in awe as Ezio travelled across the continent, fought a whole army by himself and kept fighting even with a noose on his neck, all the while looking like the ultimate badass — and on his 50's!

    Also, the soundtrack. Revelations presented me to Woodkid, which up to this day is one of my favorite musicians. It kept being awesome through most of them, with artists like Lorde, Leonard Cohen, Noel Gallagher.

    So each year I would wait to see how would the trailer be, and this ended up being for me one of the most nostalgia-evoking things in the game. I revisit my favorites sometimes: Brotherhood, Origins, Unity, Rogue...

    I hope the next one will be awesome too!

    submitted by /u/Karkuz19
    [link] [comments]

    I hope the next assassins creed has actual assassins with hidden blades

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:54 PM PST

    I hope the viking assassins creed that's rumored to come out this year I hope it has actual assassins with hidden blades because odyssey sucked ass

    submitted by /u/cporter1996
    [link] [comments]

    Just got back into AC recently with Odyssey, and I must say it was very refreshing and has re-sparked my love for the series.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:19 AM PST

    I love AC very much, and have played almost every (main) title. I started with AC2, and Loved it, so then I played played 1, then brotherhood, revelations, 3, black flag, and unity (and 2/3 of rouge, but doesn't really count), and by the time I finished Unity, I was bored of what seemed to be the same thing rehashed. So I never bothered with Syndicate, even though I really liked the setting.

    When I heard the Ubi was taking a year break and then Origins came out, and I was intrigued, but even after a couple of years, my love for AC was never sparked again. But then Odyssey came out. And I was very intrigued. I have a degree in Classical Studies, so I was willing to give the game a try just to tickle my love for classics, but then I started to hear people opinions about the game (more gameplay changes/lack of assassins) and my friend who loves AC even more than me, trying the game and barely touching it, made me think that maybe Ubi missed the mark big time, so I didn't bother.

    But then not too long ago, I decided "why not" and decided to play Odyssey, so I could explore ancient Greece.

    I went into the game, expecting a very boring/bland game, but what I got instead was an amazing experience. Sure the game is rather lacking in the Assassin/Templar department, and the modern day is practically non existent and very boring, the rest of the game I loved. I loved meeting all these people I learnt about in high school and university (and now completely understand why they killed Sokrates -_-), I loved seeing the ancient Greek world, and I, all round, just loved getting lost in the world.

    I have just finished my first play-through (base game only so far), and it clocked in at 112 hours. And at the 112 hour, I got Platinum trophy. I explored every location, came to hate snakes and boars and Sokrates, slept with almost every person in Greece, Loved Alexios, Loved Deimos, somehow got the best family ending, killed some people I didn't want too, made some mistakes, and all round loved the game after a near 80 hour binge on the game this week.

    There is only one other AC I loved enough to get the Platinum in, AC:2. (I would have gotten Brotherhoods, but had no internet to do multiplayer back on ps3, so the only things im missing for platinum is multiplayer trophies).

    Now I'm not saying that Odyssey is without its faults, I can understand why people want more "traditional" AC back, But I liked this fresh breath into the game, and would really like a blend of Origin/Odyssey with the "old formula", and definitely get back to the Assassins/Templars, among other things.

    But now I'm here getting into the DLC, and I cant wait for the next AC, which if it is Vikings, I will be very happy, as I loved learning about them at Uni too. But I'm not expecting the next game in the series to be like the old games, and that's not a bad thing, cause hopefully Ubi hears the fans cry for a more traditional AC experience, while also listening to the thing we like from origins/odyssey, and blends these together to make a new AC experience that everyone can get behind.

    But all in all, Odyssey, was a nice refreshing breath, that has rekindled my love for AC, and I'm a bit sad, but understanding, as to why it gets as much flack as it does. But It has weaseled its way into my top 3 favourite AC games, sitting up there with 2 and brotherhood.

    submitted by /u/LONEzy
    [link] [comments]

    Do ubisoft club outfits in rogue count to the 100% of outfits in shay’s upgrades

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:17 PM PST

    Does anyone know if the outfits in rogue that require Ubisoft club counts toward the 100% in outfits in shay's upgrades

    submitted by /u/derimilk
    [link] [comments]

    What is the reading order for the comics?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:22 AM PST

    So I want to get more into the AC comics but I'm so confused. What's the timeline or order that I'm supposed to read them in?

    submitted by /u/TheNerdWonder
    [link] [comments]

    [Hot Take] Assassin's Creed has lost its identity

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:24 AM PST

    "It used to be a series about stealth, parkour and... you know the eponymous creed. All three pillars been purposely destroyed, only to be replaced by cheap RPG mechanics and microtransactions."

    I really do wonder how many more of these threads we will get. This subreddit seems to be mostly about complaining how the new games suck, Ubisoft should/has to/ought to return to the roots and make a "traditional AC game" (whatever the hell that is). Don't get me wrong: I welcome any discussion and critical reflection, but at the same time, I tend to avoid this subreddit nowadays, because exactly it's the same discussion and "critical reflection" every day.

    As someone who has found someone enjoyable about every single entry and could also write a ten-page essay pointing out what is wrong with even the best AC game, I've come to feel pretty alienated by the very one-sided narrative of a AC being a series in decline.

    submitted by /u/Neo_Violence
    [link] [comments]

    I love AC for teaching me history and geography

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 02:08 PM PST

    I played almost every AC game. Had a little break for a few years (didn't play Origins) and today I finished Odyssey and again I feel the urge to scroll wikipedia looking for characters, places and events. Seriously this franchise is so damn good. I think it's the reason why I like learning history. I started with Black Flag in 2013 because my friend liked it and told me it's cool game about sailing and climbing. So I played it and it was like oh cool so you're in some jungle. Oh Havana it's real city. Oh so these are historic people? And Black Flag wasn't even so great about the history part. I think the best for me was AC III beacuse the topic of American revolution in my school was like it happened in 1775 the end. And I like the story and Connor. And I like how everything and everyone is connected in the series. Like Edward-Connor-Shay-Arno. In Odyssey I missed the descriptions written by Schaun. Although the discovery tour is also pretty nice. Walking through Athens, Paris, London, Rome and other cities I'll probably never visit is just great and I can't wait for more. I'll probbly skip vikings for now becasue there probably won't be any iconic big city or characters. I mean this topic is already overused. I would like to see something I don't know yet about like Asia, South America or something I do know and like which is medieval Europe but that's just my wish...

    submitted by /u/Legal_Sugar
    [link] [comments]

    The hawk and ankh trilogies

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:54 PM PST

    Are the hawk trilogy and the ankh of isis trilogy worth reading despite the modern day being non-canon. Is there anything important enough in the past sections to warrant a read?

    submitted by /u/SummrSoldier
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s creed in Australia

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 11:48 PM PST

    Assassin's creed in Australia?

    I was wondering if anyone would want a Australian assassin creed. I was thinking gold rush or maybe Ned Kelly.

    Templar's have a piece of Eden from the gold rush. So a young haft aboriginal and haft white boy goes to kill the Templar's who have it and lock it away from anyone but on his way he fights the police, gangs and the English army's. His allies are bush ranger, aboriginal people and members of the government.

    I would give a lot of different weapons to the players and used different places all over Australia like Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra

    I don't know about the modern day but I have some ideals.

    I think it would work really well for a game and I would enjoy it. Just my thoughts.

    submitted by /u/ASSASSINNOBOBBY
    [link] [comments]

    How do the Assassins make money?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:58 PM PST

    I've always wondered how the Assassins make money. I know the Templars have Abstergo and are basic a giant corporation, so they have a ton of money and resources. But what about the Assassins? Do they own any assets? How do they fund their cause? Or is it all entirely from the shadows?

    Edit: I know the assassins of old used to make money by being hired to assassinate people. Or carry out missions. But I don't think it really happens as much in the modern day.

    Edit 2: Sorry, I should clarify. I meant the modern day Assassins. How do they make money?

    submitted by /u/KvotheG
    [link] [comments]

    No welsh in black flag?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 02:44 PM PST

    Although I'm appreciative that Edward is Welsh, Wales is rarely represented in media, I'm a bit disappointed that they barely did anything regarding the language. I understand it's a game but considering they try and pride themselves on historical accuracy, it's so weird that he seems to speak no welsh (or rather that they failed to include it), not even throwaway words? (I'm new to this sorry if I have broken any rules)

    submitted by /u/frwythau
    [link] [comments]

    A quote popped I to my head--possibly from Assassins Creed. Does this sound familiar to any of you?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 04:34 PM PST

    It popped into my head while watching Watchmen (which is sooo good!) and I had to stop watching immediately and google it, to try and see if I could find out what it was from. Sadly, I was unable to do so. The quote was something to the effect of:

    "He said you would understand, but that I never would."

    Context was, IIRC, some sort of time travel story with a message being passed through an intermediary. I remember it as being a fairly melancholic scene, due to the intermediary's entire life being used to convey a message they didn't understand.

    So, uh, naturally I thought of Assassins Creed. Does that sound familiar to any of y'all? Maybe one of the Ezio games? Otherwise, statistically, it's probably some random episode of Star Trek or Doctor Who.

    submitted by /u/Solar_Kestrel
    [link] [comments]

    What is you're favorite insult in Assassin's creed odyssey?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:05 PM PST

    Of the insults that the enemies give you, which is your favorite?

    I like: "Do you even know which end of your weapon hold?", but m favorite is "You fight better than you look, but that's not saying much."

    submitted by /u/LordKobby
    [link] [comments]

    Endings of the AC games series makes me unconfortable... (my opinion)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:20 PM PST

    Hi everyone i just wanted to tell my opinions on the AC endings... SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY.

    I wasnt playing all games of ac series I played AC unity, origins and blackflag. I liked the story of all of them. But always when it comes to end of it am dissapointed and sad. Like really why always main characters must lost their loves always... Unity... Elise dies..., Origins... Aya leaves Bayek..., Black flag... His love dies... Why it must always be like that. Guys to be completly honest with you when Unity ended up i cried because of Elise... I know i know its just a game but i always get too much into the story its like TV film... I always feel like i dont want to play another game of ac series thats why i played just 3 games of this series.

    Ubisoft is my favorite game company but these endings are really making me sad... Always when it comes to end of the game am never happy am always sad... It feels like all AC have bad endings... (all ac i played but i think its not an odd that 3 i played had bad endings).

    Please guys write me your opinions on that i would really like to hear your opinion. btw i know i played just 3 games of this series. You can also tell me what next ac i should play :)

    Btw ama girl maybe reason why it makes me cry. :,D

    submitted by /u/DeltaG37
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why the Hydra (Cult of Kosmos Sage) in AC Odyssey was sailing West?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 06:58 AM PST

    Does anyone know why the Hydra (Cult of Kosmos Sage) in AC Odyssey was sailing West?

    So we all know that the key to unmasking the Cult of Kosmos Sages in AC Odyssey is to kill all the other Cultists from their respective branches. Killing each Cultist will reveal a Clue about their Sage, sometimes in the form of letters.

    I've actually been reading all the letter Clues tied to each Sage, mostly because I like story elements, and I like how the letters give each Cultist target some form of dimension and personality.

    Some of the Clues connected to the Hydra (Sage for the Gods of the Aegean Sea branch) were correspondence between his Cultists:

    In the letter from Melanthos to the Octopus, he asks why their Sage was sailing West:

    \"Our Sage was last seen sailing west, and sailing alone. If anyone understands him, you do. Where is he going? And why?\"

    In another letter from the Hydra to the Mytilenian Shark, he signs off with, "You are the waves now", as opposed to the standard sign-off for the Gods of the Aegean sea: "We are the waves."

    \"I'm sailing to the waters south of Messenia. Anyone who follows me will be sunk. You are the waves now.\"

    I thought more about the character would be revealed when I confronted him -- unfortunately, even after I boarded his ship to kill him, I wasn't able to catch any clues or bits of dialogue that hinted why he was sailing West alone.

    So I need to know if there are any other storytelling elements that I missed. Do we ever find out why the Hydra was sailing West? Did he abandon his position as Sage? Is it possible to learn anything else about him?

    It's frustrating when the Cultists of Kosmos are hinted to be these really compelling characters with their own complex motivations and backstories, but the way Odyssey is set up just reduces them to just items to check off a list. There were other Cultists who had the potential to be fascinating, but I'm focusing on just the Hydra for now.

    If I don't get my answers to this, I may end up writing fanfiction on my own because I'm already that emotionally invested now ... 😅

    submitted by /u/cappyfish
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey should have been more like a "Sequel" to Origins

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:19 PM PST

    Today I want to discuss with you how much I think Odyssey would have been better if it was a direct Sequel to Origins. Of course it is a sequel to origins took a lot of it mechanics and introduce a lot of new things. But in my opinion it would have been better if it would have been a direct sequel after origins.

    I never understand why they made the story before origins. Odyssey would have been the perfect chance to show us how the Brotherhood evolve and forms ofter the time. Also the could have given us a return of the Brotherhood system and continue the story of Aya and Bayek. The could have set it in the time of the Flavian Dynasty wich is also an interesting time period for greece. I still dont get the heavy ISU Focus because the storyline of the ISU in Odyssey could also have told in other time periods.

    For the Gameplay mechanics I think it would have been better if the evolved more of the ones that were introduced in Origins. One of the problems of Origins was that the locations and quests became monoton after a time but Odyssey made this much worse in my opinion. Because it just made the world bigger and fill it with much more things. Also the new Choices and heavy RPG stuff is not what the series needed. It feels more that the evolve AC in a different direction by copying other successful RPGs like the Witcher. Parkour and Stealth had need an evolution but the felt they same as in origins and sometimes more worse.

    I was a big fan of Origins but Odyssey was just to different for me and went too much into RPG. I think it would have been also an great game if the made it more like origins and evolved more mechanics from it instead of bring in new ones. They should use this creative freedom for an New IP instead of press it into AC.

    submitted by /u/JKAC2013
    [link] [comments]

    [ oc art / AC3 ] i drew connor/ratonhnhaketon!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:31 PM PST

    Out of these 4 who's the best assassin

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Altiar, Connor, Edward and ezio

    Personally I think ezio is the best but what do you all think tell me if your favourites not on the list

    submitted by /u/skyrim_expert
    [link] [comments]

    Things are going bad for the Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft needs ideas. YOU are hired by Ubisoft, and put in charge of the combat of their next game. How would the combat work?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 02:25 AM PST

    And you can't just say "The game needs this and that". You need to explain which button does which, and how it would in practice. "The game needs this, which can be done by pressing this, and it works because..."

    submitted by /u/dr_biggie_memes
    [link] [comments]

    Is it still possible to achieve 100% completion in Black flag?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:44 AM PST

    Started the game a few weeks ago and I'm roughly at 80% completion. I would really like to unlock the skeleton crew cheat which requires to clear all abstergo challenges. Now I came to realise, that since there are no community challenges anymore I can't unlock some special weapons and costumes, but that's not extremely bad. I was just wondering if community events like white whales etc vanished as well since I didn't encounter a single one while playing.

    Since multiple challenges require sharing or hunting white whales, the devs couldn't possibly be so stupid and deactivate all of this all together, are they?

    submitted by /u/Trutman
    [link] [comments]

    Which Origins DLC should I have play first?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 09:34 AM PST

    I know that The Hidden Ones is lower leveled so I'm probably going to do that one. But I thought I'd check cause I don't want to have a good final ending in one and then go straight into more fighting and stuff in another.

    submitted by /u/EoghanK24
    [link] [comments]

    Altair is the only assassin with an actual training

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:19 AM PST

    Yet he seems like the least capable of all protagonists.

    Ezio wasn't very strong in the beginning as he didn't know of his powers, but trained to become a assassin throughout his whole life.

    Everyone else just took little time to learn(like Connor, Shay) and in the more recent games, they learn it on the spot.

    Also how come an ancient assassin like Bayek can climb anything, perform neat tricks, go in open combat and slaughter everyone?

    Altair can't swim, is much worse at climbing, fighting and takes a long time to find and assassinate his targets.

    submitted by /u/ChristianTheOne
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment