• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Assassin's Creed I think AC Odyssey is better than AC Valhalla

    Assassin's Creed I think AC Odyssey is better than AC Valhalla


    I think AC Odyssey is better than AC Valhalla

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    From gameplay, to story, characters, world-building and everything. I am playing AC Odyssey and I'm liking it much more than Valhalla and I am finding the story to be good but I'm only 10 hours so that could change. So far I think is better than Valhalla but I'm only 10 hours against 130 hours on Valhalla.

    submitted by /u/ChampionshipNice9211
    [link] [comments]

    Female Eivor Drawing. Took me a very long time :)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    Southeast Asia - The perfect location for another ship based Assassin's Crees game. SEA had a prominent maritime culture.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    ( POSSIBLE SPOILERS) i found footage of the siege of paris dlc in the game files

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    AC Odyssey is better than AC Valhalla. IMO

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    I know this is controversial but one of the reasons why I like odyssey more is the customizable stuff in it. I could kill a enemy and it could and epic tier weapon. Valhalla just has a set amount of weapons, not much customizable stuff in the game. No Randomness. another reason why I like odyssey is cus the amount of replayability in it. I've done at least 20 new game +'s and it never gets boring. Valhalla seems somewhat bland. And it didn't even feel like an Assassin's Creed Game. Up to Odyssey I really enjoyed. Valhalla I didn't like as much. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this post if love to read them. Can be lengthy I don't mind. Please keep it somewhat civil, even though this is reddit.

    submitted by /u/Mythical_Mystical
    [link] [comments]

    Beating the elk of bloody peaks and the bear of blue waters with my bear fist (with the help of some skills)

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 11:00 PM PDT

    Here’s the weird thing about Connor wanting to kill Charles Lee (Spoilers for Assassin’s creed 3)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:33 PM PDT

    At first, it's very understandable why he'd want him dead, in his view Lee was responsible for it but later on he found out that Washington is actually the one responsible for his village getting burnt and his mom dying, so since he now knows that Charles Lee wasn't responsible for causing his mom's death, why is he still dead set on killing Lee? I understand that Connor wants to keep Washington alive to win the war but wouldn't he kill Washington after they win the war against the templars? Personally I think it would have been better if they just made Lee responsible for his mom's death so that his goal of killing him would make sense

    submitted by /u/LandscapeWest
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft, please organize your inventory screens

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    This might be a nitpick, but I hate it when inventories in games are just random jumbles or displayed in the order you got them. There should be an option to sort them into categories and orders that make sense.

    They added weapon sort in Valhalla which is something, but it's still not perfect. There should be a predetermined order besides last looted and upgrade level, so bonus outfits (like Altair's) and DLC outfits are sorted together, for example.

    This is especially a problem with the runes. Why don't identical runes stack on top of each other with a "quantity owned" display? They're somewhat categorized in the inventory screen, but they're an absolute mess in the "sell" screen of item shops. The general clumsiness of it all makes slotting runes and trying to sell duplicates unnecessarily tedious.

    I can't the only one that cares about this stuff...

    submitted by /u/starkgaryens
    [link] [comments]

    This one turned out pretty awkward but I couldn't pick one that I liked best and I can't put more than one so I'll link the rest if you want to check them out and say which you like :D

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    [SPOILERS ] The Odin Mine Hideout Wolf Mastery Challenge is totally BS and is basically just random chance

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    So this challenge has you need to get Weak Point Hits (15 points for each and 26 needed in total), Head Shot Kills (18 points each and 25 needed in total), and to kill Targets (40 points each and 4 in total). The total amount of enemies in the challenge is 27, this means that you're permitted to kill 1 enemy without hitting a weak point or landing a head shot.

    Here's where the BS random chance comes in though. There's 5 enemies that will randomly kill themselves and 1 that spawns inside a wall. Outside the cave someone jumps to his death and also outside the cave someone shoots the platform he's stood on and falls to his death. Next, inside the cave, there's a wooden platform against the right wall where an enemy will just spawn inside sometimes rather than stood on top. Next in the more open area is an enemy who can shoot a red jar he's stood next to and explode himself. Then around the corner on another wooden platform is an enemy that will something jump off, land on a red jar, and die. Then in the final room there's an enemy who will sometimes jump off a wooden bridge/platform, land on a wonky bit of floor, and die.

    Thst means that you need all but 1 of these to not randomly die or spawn wrong AND get every weak point hit and head shot kill possible. Genuinely just random chance.

    I'm doing this with 5 of the Range skills and a power level of 398. The closest to the gold medal I've gotten is 982/1,000 by missing a single head shot.

    submitted by /u/CurrentlyEatingPies2
    [link] [comments]

    Why Valhalla is my favorite game out of the last three ACs

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    I played Valhalla a few months ago and out of the blue I decided recently to see what people thought of it. I was surprised to see the amount of backlash this game got.

    Valhalla is my favorite game out of the new style AC games. Why? Here's what made me like Valhalla the most:

    1. The map is by far my favorite thing. Unlike most people I don't like cluttered maps, I like maps that have just big empty spaces, it gives a really nice atmosphere travelling through it. I hated Odyssey because it felt claustrophobic, God forbid you don't follow the main road in that game. I'm a huge fan of just quiet traveling with beautiful scenery, Valhalla had that, Origins did too, but I prefer a nice forest over a desert. Travelling is a big part of these open world games and Valhalla had the best atmosphere out of them all, up there with Origins. And not only travelling, I liked all buildings and cities in the game.
    2. This is the reason I prefer it specifically over Origins: the mysteries and locations. I just thought Origins had really cool sites to explores but some were so incredibly boring... like why would I travel to a location just to shoot a crocodile twice with a bow? Doesn't make sense. You might say, why go to a place just to shoot down a cursed object that gives you nothing? Those sites looked sinister and I liked them a lot. Really useless thing but it felt just eerie to go there and shoot down that skull. I liked most mysteries on the map, not the complicated ones that appeared in random events, I liked that you had to be clever to find certain things, to open doors for example, in Odyssey I would just run into a fortress, loot a chest and just sprint the fuck out. Overall I simply liked doing those more than any other locations in Origins/Odyssey.
    3. The combat. Odyssey combat was pretty smooth but it was way too easy. In Valhalla you can actually miss a parry, and I like Valhalla's abilities a lot. Pushing an enemy to a wall is really fun. I really liked executions, I found them genius and satisfying.

    Those are 3 big things that were simply in my opinion better in Valhalla than in Odyssey/Origins. But, there were also some really disappointing things, such as...

    1. River raids are stupid repetitive. Just remove that thing entirely.
    2. Fortress taking is not really interesting since you can sprint to the objective and ignore everyone.
    3. Some really minor things that just really threw me off, such as literally 1 soldier scream looped for an entire army, like what? Or having the same exact execute animation for every wolf I kill? And it plays every time? Armor that's not the default one clipping through my model?
    4. Fuck every door being locked. I mentioned above I liked doing these puzzles but I didn't appreciate having it on any door.
    5. The story was alright, not the best, but the ending was absolute dog shit disappointing. I agree with all of that.

    Origins on paper should be the best. Great story, an actual AC game, beautiful map as well, really good features, but playing the game just turned out to be not as good as playing Valhalla.

    Seeing people put these downsides over the clear upsides entirely is just not fair, in my opinion. Valhalla is an absolutely massive game, you guys don't realize how massive this game actually is, it would take 10 years to polish a game like this perfectly, but even still it had great changes that simply made it a better game than the other ones.

    submitted by /u/aresthwg
    [link] [comments]

    Embarrassingly low audio compression in Valhalla

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    I thought I would try Valhalla as my first AC game after getting disappointed by Unity, only to find out the game uses extremely aggressive audio compression, making it sound extremely muffled and for me unplayable. There is no dynamic range. Fighting sounds flat, completely taking away the feeling. There is no atmosphere. I understand why subtitles are on by default as it's the only way to clearly understand what people are saying. It all sounds like it was recorded through the phone.

    I don't understand how Ubisoft thinks this is acceptable after putting so much effort into presentation everywhere else. It's been 9 months and there's still no high res audio update so I doubt it will happen. Hopefully, they at least won't compress the audio so aggressively next time if we complain.

    Edit

    So i found out Ubisoft has started compressing at 24,000 Hz to save space, which is considered very low quality by every audio standard, 48,000 Hz is the minimum quality that should be used, and 98,000Hz is the quality most audio jacks output at. 384,000Hz is the quality professional audio is recorded at, far from 24,000Hz. So we're getting the audio equivalent of watching a video in 240p.

    Here's a full analysis of the audio

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/jx8lpc/analysis_assassins_creed_highlights_a_very/

    submitted by /u/dismygyans
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla July 30th hotfix - fixes Sigrblot quest "War Effort" and exhausted foreign supplies

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    Arabic rock ingravement at East Anglia Fly Agaric

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    Hi, does anyone know what that translates into, couldnt find any other posts about it?

    submitted by /u/matkoprof
    [link] [comments]

    First time with Valhalla… and it’s loooong

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    Dear god this game is long!! I just want to beat it at this point. I was really enjoying it up until like hour 50. Now I'm at hour 70 and I feel like it's really a slog. Anybody else feel this way? Didn't come here just to complain. I just want Ubisoft to be aware of how long isn't better. I could end up hating a great movie that could have been 2 hours just because it dragged on for 4.5 hours.

    submitted by /u/BromeisterBryce
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone tell me the name of this song?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    [sorry about the rec, idk why is it recording like this ]

    https://reddit.com/link/ouyufp/video/hz72cjjfige71/player

    submitted by /u/capavi0106
    [link] [comments]

    I haven’t been able to access Kenway’s Fleet in Black Flag for weeks. I solved it by turning off Two Factor authentication on my Ubisoft account.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to the Ubisoft servers. It even got to the point where I couldn't launch the game at all because it kept asking me to re enter my password then giving me the "A Ubisoft service is down" message. Then I checked my email and saw that I had been getting emailed a TFA code every time I tried to enter my password. But Ubisoft Connect never asked me to input a code or gave me a place to enter the code 🤪

    So I turned TFA off and instantly was able to connect to the servers for the first time weeks. Maybe just make a stronger password if you turn TFA off.

    I set the flair as question because there is no answer flair.

    submitted by /u/BootStrapWill
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got gold on the bear challenge in lolingestone bandit camp. Screw the mastery challenges.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    It took me longer than anything like that should - is there a way to see attempts for those? It also crashed at one point so I will probly never know how many I had done before that point if they do keep track.

    submitted by /u/SolarRaistlinZ
    [link] [comments]

    The draw distance in Valhalla is an absolute joke

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:13 PM PDT

    You have to be standing toe to toe to a character for them to fully render, and if you walk a metre or so away they totally change LOD. If you look to the other side of a river, there's just no grass or foliage on the other side. On completely mixed graphics settings too.

    You can literally move the camera up and down and eivor fades in and out of being fully rendered if you move the camera up, and then on bringing it all the way in his face is suddenly properly shaded, all without actually moving.

    I see some people saying it's a bug and some people saying it's just how the game is. I feel like it's pretty much unacceptable and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.

    submitted by /u/Moose_Juice_69
    [link] [comments]

    Ezio reference in Black Flag?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    When you rescue pirates in Havana, there is normally dialogue afterwards where the pirate thanks Kenway and he joins your crew. When I rescued a particular pirate in Havana, he had an Italian accent and spoke a little bit of Italian and the voice sounded almost like Ezio. Has anyone ran into this same dialogue when rescuing pirates in Black Flag?

    submitted by /u/Cobrawarrior567
    [link] [comments]

    I think AC IV : black flag has the best HUD ever , what do u think ?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    I think The hud and the start menu have greatly been emproved after AC III whose HUD was awful in my opinion

    submitted by /u/OmarrMmusa
    [link] [comments]

    Why don’t people like Valhalla? And if so how might it be improved?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    Okay so I hear that people don't like Valhalla as compared to other AC. Now I don't think I need to establish the indisputable fact that Origins was legendary okay, but considering that origins, odyssey and valhalla use the same sorta 'template' which is much like a RPG with a relatively similar combat system with shields and weapons of choice. What do you think could be done to make Valhalla more enjoyable for the AC community?

    submitted by /u/RustyManhinges
    [link] [comments]

    Which AC game is the easiest for a stealth playthrough? Which one is the hardest?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    I'm just curious to see what you guys think. Here's mine. This is just my opinion though

    Easiest: Unity was a cakewalk. I was able to breeze through the game in a few days and I hardly got frustrated. I definitely feel like it's the easiest AC game when it comes to stealth for me. The only thing difficult about the game is the combat. Smoke Bombs are OP. Berserk Darts are gamebreaking because they can clear out entire rooms. Guards seem to be deaf because you can fire a rifle/pistol out in the open and no one would notice. You can also climb around 90% of surfaces which means you can basically infiltrate from anywhere.

    Hardest: AC III. Stealth in this game just feels off. I think it's the result of many minor things going wrong. When you add these things up, it creates a poor stealth experience. One of these is the ranged weapons. These weapons absolutely suck at managing distance due to their horrible range and long reload time. Another thing is the map itself doesn't exactly help the player with stealth. The streets are very wide, snipers are everywhere, and there are a lot of flat areas with minimal cover. These are only a few things that make stealth feel "off" in this game. Because of this, doing optional stealth objectives to get a 100% sync completion is one hell of a nightmare. AC III is a very fun game but I just don't like its stealth mechanics. Combat on the other hand, is an entirely different story. I loved the combat in AC III and I think it's one of the best in the series.

    submitted by /u/joshuamarkrsantos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment