• Breaking News

    Monday, June 7, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla making every single little building you want to enter a puzzle to find the way in, is NOT fun.

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla making every single little building you want to enter a puzzle to find the way in, is NOT fun.


    Valhalla making every single little building you want to enter a puzzle to find the way in, is NOT fun.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    I don't want to have to find an oil jar/fill adrenaline bar for explosive arrow, or search the building from top to bottom just to find a window opposite an inside lock to shoot out, every single time I want to enter a building. Sometimes, yes, but if it's literally every one that has a treasure chest inside it gets old real quick.

    submitted by /u/_Lelixandre
    [link] [comments]

    After 2 months and uncountable mistakes I finally finished my real life Orlog. What do you think?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    AC Black Flag is Absolutely Fantastic

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    I had played all the AC games except Black Flag until now. The idea of being a pirate did not appeal to me as I have not been a fan of the naval combat in most of the games. So naturally a pirate game with mostly ship gameplay I would not enjoy. But a week ago or so, the game had a big sale. And I thought why not try it out, and if I do not enjoy it I'll force myself through it. So I started playing, and I was like "fuck, this is not gonna be good." I really did not enjoy it. And I only saw negative parts like the bad optimization and other things like that he fucking steals the assassin robes. But as I came further, around the time where you do the Mayan puzzle in the cave with Kidd. It turned around. And now I fucking adore it, the naval combat is fun and the game has a very good amount of side content and the ship and land gameplay is quite balanced as I feel I get about the same amount. I regret not playing this earlier because this game is amazing. The modern day is lacking but I enjoy it more than AC3 because it feels more based and more similar to something we would see in AC1-ACR. I haven't finished the game, but I will definitely play it more than once.

    submitted by /u/grandmapenelope
    [link] [comments]

    New Info on Potential Third AC Valhalla DLC "Meteor" by french leaker J0nathan

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    After his revelations yesterday on "The Siege of Paris", French leaker J0nathan is back with little info on Valhalla's 3rd secret DLC, still named project "Meteor".

    • The name "Meteor" appeared in the game files in late March / early April 2021.
    • Ubisoft Sofia is developing this DLC.
    • "Meteor" will focus on Norse mythology. The kingdom of Muspellheim is mentioned in the game files with a "DLC" mention. Either these are rests from the development of the game or the kingdom will appear in "Meteor". However, according to Darby McDevitt himself, Muspellheim is a mirror of North Africa (just as Asgard was a mirror of Scandinavia), so it is possible that North Africa will be visited in the DLC. Maybe Ubi Sofia will reuse assets from AC Origins.
    • There's a second possibility, a much more ambitious DLC : Meteor can focus on Odin's travel in the 9 kingdoms after the death of his son Baldr.

    It's a lot of interesting theories, not big rumours as some of you probably expect. Sorry =)

    submitted by /u/FrenchGuyDt
    [link] [comments]

    Who would be interested in a "Modern Day" story set during the early Animus experiments of the 1980s?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    I keep going back to the Abstergo audio logs from Black Flag. They're some of the best MD lore in the entire series, detailing the tumultuous early years of the Animus project, and how Warren Vidic betrayed and sabotaged his colleagues to get ahead. There's a lot of potential for this era, at least as a "modern day" segment. I would love to see a game step away from "modern day" meaning the game's literal release date, and use these portions of the game to flesh out this era a bit more.

    Obviously, most of the game would still be set centuries in the past, as it should be, but having the modern day be a little less "modern" would be a breath of fresh air for the series.

    submitted by /u/mandaloredash
    [link] [comments]

    Should Ubisoft give more space to "unknown" historical eras or should they focus more or a more known one?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    I feel like there are a lot of settings which would fit an AC game. These are Wild West, WWII, Cold War, Ancient Rome and Feudal Japan. But I think there are probably A LOT of historical periods which are not very used as scenarios, such as Africa in all it's ages, or maybe Poland 1240 (First Mongolian invasion). My question came from an artist who posted something about an Old Romanian assassin, go check him out his username is u/Respeke

    submitted by /u/GrizzlyGrotz
    [link] [comments]

    While traveling, tried Valhalla (included in my Ubisoft+ subscription, I didn't buy again) on Stadia, is a surprisingly great experience!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    Since I don't see Stadia mentioned much on here, I had a free trial of Stadia Pro, and linked my Ubisoft+ account to it (which I had no idea I could do until I first launched Stadia), and now not only can I play Valhalla on my Surface Pro 6 (with a controller, which is how I play anyway), but it even brings my cloud saves with too, so I was able to complete the Wrath of the Druids at 60fps instead of 100fps, with only a few minor hiccups here and there.

    I was surprised how overall playable the game was, and the graphical scaling was good too, it scaled quality before dropping frame rate, so you might get a little pixelation when the network is sketchy, but it adapts quite well, even on the notoriously bad Marvell 802.11AC chip in the Surface Pro 6 that is lucky to hit maybe 150Mbps down.

    Now I'm going to try Origins to see if I can finish exploring the Duat.

    I wouldn't use this full time, but if I traveled regularly, this would be quite nice, honestly. Though I'm not sure how it compares with GeForce Now, which lets you play the games you already own (or some of them anyway).

    submitted by /u/abqnm666
    [link] [comments]

    What are your least favorite outfits in the series?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    While I would say that I love most of the looks in the games, a few stand out for me. I'm not fond of how Shay looks wearing Bayek's outfit, I really don't like how haggard and mismatched Jacob's Frankenstein-inspired look is, that sort of thing. However, the one that I've always had a strong, negative reaction toward is the Armor of Brutus. It just looks too bulky, the armor's fur and bright red don't match well, and since it replaced the sleek set that was Altaïr's Armor in II, I never leave the Armor of Brutus as the visible look (thank you Drachen armor).

    submitted by /u/BaneShake
    [link] [comments]

    Elise was distracting Arno.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    If was started replaying AC Unity by who knows how many times, and just got this crazy theory.

    In the end of AC Rouge you kill Charles Dorian, Arno's father, as Shay. Maybe it's possible that Francois De La Serre knew about Shay's intentions and when he found out what Charles is with his son he gave Elise a taks to distract Arno so Shay can have room to finish the job.

    Is it crazy? Yes Is it confirmed in story? No. Is it possible? I really this so.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Beogradska_Votka
    [link] [comments]

    [Random Rant] The crafting UI in Rogue is unbelievably bad (with discussion)

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    I've recently been replaying Rogue via the Rebel Collection on Switch and I noticed something I didn't see the first time around, the UI for crafting is probably the worst I've ever seen, and is leagues behind Black Flag's. But how different could they be? Well first off, Rogue has a ridiculous number of craftables due to all the different types of gadgets and each having their own ammo pouches to craft. Lots of things to craft? Doesn't sound too bad, but here's the kicker, the only way to tell what you can craft is to manually scroll through the entire list, item by item, to see what you already crafted, and what you can or cannot craft.

    In Black Flag, already crafted items have a big check mark next to them, letting you know you can scroll right past those things, Rogue has no such thing. In BF things you can craft are highlighted yellow, screaming "CRAFT ME!", Rogue has no such thing, everything is white. Again, the only way to see what you can craft, or even what you already have, is to scroll through each item, one by one, and read in it's description whether it's already crafted, or if you have the proper materials to craft it or not.

    As many things as Rogue tightened up from Black Flag, it blows my mind that they regressed the game so much in this one simple way.

    For the sake of discussion, what are some other examples in the series where some aspect of game play, UI, etc etc was made far worse than what appeared in previous titles?

    submitted by /u/Call_Me_Koala
    [link] [comments]

    The stealth system has sooo much potential

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    Seriously, it had the frameworks, and it would've been so cool to be a stealthy viking, but there's just so much more wrong with it, sums up the whole game really

    submitted by /u/Spursboi
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed book series by Oliver Bowden

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I've been a big AC fan for a couple years now, and just recently finished Odyssey, which I thought was absolutely stunning. After deadlines, I am planning to start on Valhalla. However, in the mean time, I decided to pick up the AC Brotherhood novel by Oliver Bowden (Brotherhood is still my favorite, just pure nostalgia), but it's been disappointing. It's awkwardly written, and I feel like Ezio is completely out of character.

    I'm only a couple chapters in, so I guess what I want to ask is whether any of you have given it a shot, what your thoughts were, and whether it is worth it to continue reading?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Kindly-Train-1045
    [link] [comments]

    (Click/tap post for images) As promised, here is the second half of my Wallachian assassin project. Hope you enjoy it.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    (Click/tap post for images) As promised, here is the second half of my Wallachian assassin project. Hope you enjoy it.

    https://preview.redd.it/sxluf7n3gn371.jpg?width=2789&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=cc8c7d2f3774f4b914b1765e082719b23c5c1502

    https://preview.redd.it/z6vpl3n3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b604a01e3f39734228f6554fe0b5adab842c33ef

    https://preview.redd.it/4r5kcfn3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5087478926671d1a3df10b94de7706e06e5f1de2

    https://preview.redd.it/4r57pfn3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fa476e8d5a52909139c9aa915846f5e84370436b

    https://preview.redd.it/tjyz2ao3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a47991527ef195ab749ef375d9c571ab326f398f

    https://preview.redd.it/qt6ue3n3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=da926ac215757a0c047d2c204e3b9647369e2fdd

    https://preview.redd.it/hln1rtn3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=56c9a076601a73f4b73b806fcb09bdea2a62809e

    https://preview.redd.it/6mvn46n3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=60778081079f9db2fdd0378ac4d0037deffa45a3

    https://preview.redd.it/sibih4n3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fa93dd16b52916d140255725dd45a69d885d58c6

    https://preview.redd.it/kl71tfn3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d2fd520386cddda0bbd657daf882f5906f113558

    https://preview.redd.it/a9sdjgn3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3c96756e242af6a730ae87a96a73edf3e1a7e0bd

    https://preview.redd.it/grk1bfn3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0c81820c81b374b891600d0203ad54928b434379

    https://preview.redd.it/se5kifn3gn371.jpg?width=10000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a1a944e072f8fb5b5675c42ff25bea024259bfc3

    https://preview.redd.it/6d2g93n3gn371.jpg?width=6747&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=05d4ad0ec72b98d37c90100619c114295fd4219a

    https://preview.redd.it/aoxf93n3gn371.jpg?width=3453&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1b0c8fe194616871548e305ed2ee9fdc0f3dc7c9

    https://preview.redd.it/yptz33n3gn371.jpg?width=3453&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0d2e9c430071f938a23459a297e07c6bc9d73996

    submitted by /u/Respeke
    [link] [comments]

    Making choices is the dumbest idea for Assassins Creed

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 11:13 PM PDT

    If you read the wiki the choices you make in the last two games are simply "What if" scenarios, they aren't actual choices. So my main question is: Why did Ubisoft add choices in a series that can't actually make use of the players choices?

    We can't even say "Oh maybe our choices will affect the next game" cause there hasn't been a game with the same playable character since Ezio and you are not gonna convince me that being nice to a kid that talks to mud back in 431 BC will affect the lives of everyone in the modern day. So there is no reason for choices to even be in the game other than a piss poor attempt at being a mid tier RPG at best.

    Your choices don't matter, your romances don't matter, your gender doesn't matter so what is the point of making a choice if it doesn't mean anything?

    In Odessy you can fuck a mans father and kill his mother...why the fuck would I do that? Other than being a funny joke don't give me that choice either make me fuck the father or don't, don't give me this "LOL XD WE SO FUNNY" bullshit.

    Choices don't make sense since history is already set in stone, letting me fuck an old mans wife while he sits outside and listens isn't a choice I care about. Me fucking that old woman's brains out didn't affect anything nor should it.

    If you want to give us a female character just give us a female character don't say "Aw the memory strength isn't strong enough" Ubisoft just slapped a bunch of words together and said "fuck off there's your answer". We've already had a purely female assassin creed game before so there isn't a reason why other than Ubisoft wanting to be a discount Dragon Age with shittier choices and bare bones character customisation.

    If Ubisoft wanted to add both a male and female character they could have just did it like in AC Syndicate and had them be brother and sister, there you avoided useless choices and you didn't make a confusing mess out of the games.

    Ubisoft, don't give us choices since it doesn't make sense, you shitty excuses don't make sense. Just give us one character and make the story linear but the way we complete them up to us. That way we can still choose how we kill them but the dialogue is up to you. Don't give us choices cause it won't matter, don't waste time on shit that doesn't matter just give us a single story with no choices.

    submitted by /u/Yabbari_The_Wizard
    [link] [comments]

    Glyphs in AC2 vs Clusters in AC Brotherhood - discussion

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 08:41 PM PDT

    So I've been playing the Ezio collection back to back and I just finished Brotherhood. Is it just me or are the cluster puzzles and finding the locations in Brotherhood significantly less fun than it was in the second one? I feel like there was way more variety in the puzzles in 2, and you could actually see the glyphs without eagle vision as long as you were in the right spot, I have no idea how it would be possible to find the clusters without a guide unless you just looked at the entire map top to bottom with eagle vision on which doesn't sound fun, and the puzzles were too repetitive. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/lunarkitty554
    [link] [comments]

    Why are all the sea shanties in BF in Irish accents?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    Title.

    Whenever I free pirates for crew, I remember them all answering in Spanish (maybe I hang around Havanna too much), not to mention that many of Kenway's crew are black. So why are all the shanties sung with Irish accents?

    submitted by /u/EluredTheIrrelevant
    [link] [comments]

    I liked Odyssey and Valhalla

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    I find assassin Creed Valhalla and Odyssey really fun _^ I just didn't like one hitting every single time I pressed X the older games are great but o really enjoy the RPG elements of Odyssey and Valhalla

    submitted by /u/ParryYeen
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla Question: Were Smoke Arrows Nerfed?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:59 PM PDT

    Did Ubisoft nerf the Smoke Arrow ability from the DLC. I swear that when I got it when WOTD first launched it worked really well and I appreciated it for the stealth. Now whenever I smoke an area with guards they can see me even though they are in the animation of coughing. I have the ability at rank 1 still.

    submitted by /u/Regrowe14
    [link] [comments]

    Just started a new play through

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    Hey fellas and fellets, just recently brought every single Assassin's creed game on pc, like 11-12+games, I've just finished AC Ezio trilogy today and before that AC1 (didn't enjoy AC1) I am starting on AC3 Remastered tomorrow and can't wait, I've played all the AC games besides the smaller ones and the 3 latest ones and AC4 (can't wait to play it after 3) but that was a lot of years ago and I can't really remember the story, can't wait to get into it all again and spend around 1k hours finishing them all, but I do have 1 question, I see a lot of hate towards Odyssey, why's that ? The 3 newest games look sick and I can't wait to give them a go once I get to them, please no spoilers at all.

    submitted by /u/SloppyKnob97
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] AC Rogue: About Shay's Memories

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    So I was replaying AC Rogue Remastered lately when a thought came into my head: why did the Assassins boobytrap Shay's memories in the first place(I'm assuming it was the Assassins because the Templars doing it doesn't make sense)? I mean I get wanting to disrupt Templar activities and screw up their building but why Shay specifically? According to Violet De Costa the Templars considered Shay to basically be a nobody so there had to have been more prominent historical figures that the Templars would have been more interested in that would have made better targets to sabotage. But then another thought came to me: what if the Assassins primary goal had been to not to disrupt the Templars but rather to destroy Shay's memories specifically because they made the Assassins look bad? What if the whole Abstergo lockdown was just a smokescreen so that the Templars wouldn't look too closely at Shay's memories and instead just contain and destroy them from the server like Violet wanted to before Juhani stopped her? Because if the Assassins actively work to suppress information that puts them in an unfavorable light it really makes you have to reconsider the whole series and how we view the Assassins. After all the Assassins have made it clear that despite their claims to the moral high ground they are more than willing to sacrifice innocent lives to further their goals, as evidenced by the actions of the American Brotherhood of Assassins and Ezio's actions at Cappadocia, so can we really trust that they're as good as they claim to be? Additionally, if the Assassins do work to actively suppress any knowledge of their actions that put them in an unfavorable light it is likely done without the knowledge of a lot of the other Assassins because as we see in Rogue the revelation of Shay's actions come as a surprise to the Assassins and cause them to go into full panic mode. So what do you all think? Am I onto something or have I veered into 'tinfoil hat' territory?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Meng
    [link] [comments]

    What’s wrong with the new games

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Recently I just finished playing the games before origins and I'm very confused with origins, people are saying is one of the worst AC games and I shouldn't bother. I get the same thing with Odyssey and Valhalla, they say they are completely different games and not worth it.

    I guess my question is why did Ubisoft change the formula so drastically and are these games really not worth it?

    submitted by /u/brightshiningwolf
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite armors in AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    I'm a big fan of the Mentor set. I also bought the Gothic set a while back and I bought the Modern Day set yesterday because I starting playing the game again. I still think the Mentor set has the best perks for my playstyle. But the Modern Day set is far and away the coolest looking set except for the mask, that shit is wack. Lucky I always hide masks. I may however just wear the Mentor mask with the Modern Day set. I think that would look awesome.

    submitted by /u/heryea42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment