• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 17, 2021

    Assassin's Creed A feature I’d love to see in a future game, that I feel is long overdue

    Assassin's Creed A feature I’d love to see in a future game, that I feel is long overdue


    A feature I’d love to see in a future game, that I feel is long overdue

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    Customizable Hidden Blade. As big of a part of the franchise and iconography of Assassins that it is, the Hidden Blade has never been customizable. It's had upgrades and makeovers, but never something as much as our gear and other weapons.

    We could start off with a basic blade, and be able to unlock different designs/features to customize it with, that could even be more than just cosmetic. I don't have a lot of specific ideas for what those could be, so feel free to mention your thoughts below. I just think this could be a really cool way to make the Hidden Blade feel like a bigger part of the game and help us as an Assassin feel more connected to our primary tool of the trade.

    submitted by /u/EmboarIsland
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think playing as a female character has been done well?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:32 AM PDT

    As a woman, I've loved the AC series since the first game. And as someone who loves historical settings I've always found the premise of these games intriguing. The protagonists of the games of course is a big component as to why most people enjoy the series, people (myself included) loved Ezio and I think that really cemented that lovable protagonist that the series has flourished on. And before the last few games, I always thought of the games kinda like "I won't see myself represented here but that's okay because I love these characters anyway." Nothing wrong with spending time with some Historical Hunks, the characters are compelling and fun and that's enough for me. I'm currently playing through Valhalla and it's a great game and as I did with Odyssey, I picked the female assassin because hey - I haven't had that option so far so why not? And I personally find the female Eivor really.... lackluster? And I felt completely the same way when I played Odyssey. And I still don't quite understand why I don't find these female characters as compelling. But, I kinda think it's because they don't really "commit" as it were. Yes, it's a fantasy as much as it is a "historical" game, more so. However, I don't think I found Kassandra compelling because she didn't fit into the world. People barely ever referred to her as a woman, they used Mercenary 99% percent of the time. Not to mention, she played in the freaking Olympics, something she would've been completely unable to do as a woman. Ancient Greece was a hella misogynistic place and time and the fact that absolutely no one ever acts like it is frustrates me. Kassandra is a badass, absolutely ripped woman but acting like the conditions of the rules of that world doesn't apply to her is irritating. What's the point of playing a woman if we don't get to see what it was like to be a woman? It can still be a fantasy, she doesn't need to have some horrible things happen to her like other women of the time but the fact that the patriarchy doesn't even seem to exist in this world just makes me feel like "what's even the point?". And now with Eivor, yes I totally get that Viking women were treated a lot more equally but again, does not mean that the patriarchy did not exist! Having these cool women exist outside the confines of the world around them is just completely uncompelling and totally takes me out of the world. And the fact that now, you can change Eivor's gender at the drop of a hat in the newest game just confirms to me that they don't really care for making an interesting, all female character. It's merely an aesthetic change. And I totally get how "misogyny simulator" seems like a bad time and a lot of people would find that not fun at all lmfao. But to me, it would be far far more compelling for a woman character, despite her environment, to have fought her way to this position. In this world they've created, it just seems like those obstacles aren't even there. So, it's not really "real" representation.

    I'm interested in what people have to say about this!

    submitted by /u/moogstermoomin
    [link] [comments]

    The open world after the game ends?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:25 AM PDT

    So... I just finished AC2, my first assassin's creed game and I— I love it. After the credits rolling and stuff, it shows Ezio in his bedroom (which admittedly I never went to before other than before sequence 14 in a bit of odd nostalgia). I'm assuming this is an open world, but I just want to confirm? No objectives, just letting us run around to our hearts content?

    If so, it's amazing because I love the maps and I want to explore Venice and the southern side of Florence more haha

    submitted by /u/lee310804
    [link] [comments]

    Its 2021 and i started my own Odyssey.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    Guys i wanted to talk about Odyssey, i started playing it now after Valhalla(just couldn't complete Valhalla because it is boring ass game)

    I never played Odyssey before so i saw it as a breath of fresh air and realized now that this is a grindfest that i just skip content to at least try to be happy, sadly i played the game the wrong way, i completed most of map icons on some islands and on the greek continent before the quests.

    Im currently lv 50 at Sparta (just arrived) and i had to change difficulty from hard to normal and put the lvscaling on soft (4lv below you) because it was a fucking miserable experience before it, i change to hard on bosses tho.

    So, i started the Legacy of the First Blade and got surprised about Darius and the hidden blade, just can't imagine how the game would be BETTER if this quest showed soon in the game and actually received one hidden blade from Darius tho.

    Aside from the graphics downgrades and dead world compared to origins, what u guys have to say about this game? i didn't finished so please no spoilers please. (i know it is 2021 and it is a 2018 game, i just didn't had the time to play it, now i do)

    I just wanted to talk about this game because of the Pandemic, it is not good here in my country and most of my friends don't play AC games anymore...that is it.

    submitted by /u/DisastrousCarpet5725
    [link] [comments]

    The ideal AC game survey for a future video

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    https://forms.gle/HJYhB3F8Jy15wgr77

    Hi everyone! This is a poll I've created for an upcoming YouTube video I'd like to make, where we all try to design the best possible AC game according to fans of the saga. I've seen videos like this, but they seem to come from the perspective of the YouTubers themselves and not from popular consensus. Mostly for shits n giggles, I love polls. Please let me know your opinion, share the poll with other fans of the saga and watch the video when it comes out to know the results!

    submitted by /u/micahyoutube
    [link] [comments]

    What's your Favorite hidden blade gadget from the franchise?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    Hidden blades have always played some role in the gameplay of mostly all assassin's creed games. Be it using them for stealth kills or in early titles being used in regular combat. Which made me think of all the hidden blades gadgets we as players have had access to. A few examples being the hidden gun from the ezio trilogy and the phantom blade used by French assassins in unity. I would love to know the community's opinions on these different gadgets and which ones you would consider your favorite or most useful. Thank you. -AlmostMexican

    submitted by /u/Almost_Mexican30
    [link] [comments]

    Your thoughts on Assassin's Creed Liberation?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    Recently finished Assassin's Creed Liberation and it's safe to say I really enjoyed it! To my surprise though; it's apparently an unpopular opinion? The game does definitely have its problems such as the repetitiveness in some of the objectives or confusing storytelling but, Liberation has some of the most interesting mechanics in any Assassin's Creed game. Such as its unique take on social stealth with the persona mechanics. I wish that was expanded upon further. The three locations of this game are also beautiful if not a little small. But what are your opinions and experiences with this game?

    submitted by /u/Jack-Leddy
    [link] [comments]

    I have been replaying AC Syndicate recently, and it saddens me to see how disregarded it is in this sub :(

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    Syndicate is one of my favourite AC games, and it honestly saddens me to see that no one even bothers mentioning it in this sub (compared to how much the other older games are being mentioned).

    • I loved the light-hearted and relatively simple story, it was a nice change of pace from the more serious and tragic stories from pretty much every AC game before it.
    • I loved the Frye twins, their interactions with eachother were so entertaining and relatable (maybe because my sibling and I have a similar relationship?)
    • The level designs were really clever and well thought out, the multiple opportunity assassination missions were awesome.
    • I admit the district liberation missions were repetitive, but I did them alongside the main story missions and I didn't mind them at all.
    • The Victorian Era London setting was one of the best.
    • The rope launcher didn't take away from the parkour element. I used it to scale the huge ass buildings and to get to buildings across a wide street, but I pretty much resorted to parkour for everything else.
    • I actually liked the combat, it was nice to get a contrast from Unity's slow and heavy combat. It was button-mashy at the earlier levels, but as you level up your character with the combat skills, you can fight strategically to set up really cool tool combos and multi-finishers and such. There was a real challenge too, against higher level enemies, cuz they can kill you in like 2 hits if you aren't careful.
    • Stealth was super polished.

    Obviously I'm not stating its flaws or comparing it to the other AC games to say one is better. I'm just saying that I found it super enjoyable and pretty unique. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/JabetyWabety
    [link] [comments]

    Bustling dense cities or wide open world?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    People always treat the issue like you can only have one or the other, but theres no reason wr can have a big open RPG world with a handful of big cities with their own loading cells

    AC1 did it, AC2 did it, AC3 did it but was ultimately stifled by the fact america was a frontier and the big cities at the time went really all that big.

    Every other week seems theres a thread of people fighting over which style they would prefer for the next game (one big city vs rogue style big area map) but theres no reason wr can't have both

    submitted by /u/Mexican5020
    [link] [comments]

    Black flag outfits for ezio Altair and Connor

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    I got black flag recently and I just learned you can get Altair's, Ezio's and Connor's outfit by having played 3 ac games. I have and played -unity -ezio collection -odyssey - Valhalla -syndicate -black flag And I don't see a way to get them at all. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Academic_flamingo
    [link] [comments]

    If you enjoyed any of the Prince of Persia games and have Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on PS3, PS4 or PC, then you should definitely play Assassin's Creed Aveline

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    Tonight I finally had a go at the extremely short and sweet DLC for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (henceforth referred to as ACIVBF), Assassin's Creed Aveline.

    This DLC had no additional full synch requirements, only three memories, a linear and crafted three zones and took me an hour or so to complete.

    Due to the size of the zones and the small, self-contained story, I can really feel the effort that went in to make every part of this one hour episode unique and honestly really fun. First you stay in your comfort zone for ACIVBF players, an open jungle area, then you infiltrate a fort and finally finish with a climb up a ruined tower.

    All three, although especially the final memory, had really fun climbing "puzzles" and great parkour moments. It really reminded me of a little bit of all five of the mainline Prince of Persia games that I love.

    TL;DR: Despite being only an hour long, Assassin's Creed Aveline (single player DLC for ACIVBF for PS4, PS4 and PC) is a tight and extremely well made episode that feels a lot like the original Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy, and therefore you should definitely play it if you enjoyed the Prince of Persia series at all.

    submitted by /u/CaffeineStyle
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been replaying Assassin’s Creed Unity this week

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    I've been replaying Untiy this week and it's made me realise how far Ubisoft have deviated from the bread and butter of the franchise. Proper Assassin vs Templar stuff, the unique assassinations, dense cities. Miles better than huge empty open worlds - I've enjoyed the last 3, but god I wish they'd just go back to keeping things simple

    submitted by /u/SeanWD1996
    [link] [comments]

    AC Unity on PS5 has an extremely glitchy combat system and can’t figure out why

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    i've been playing AC Unity on my PS5 and i've experienced multiple glitches in the combat system: literal wireless executions and non sense attacks with no option to parry (because it didn't show), sometimes even unresponsive commands. Is this a common problem? i don't think i've seen these glitchy fights on PS4

    submitted by /u/zBlackMojito
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla new player questions (w/minor spoilers)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    I just started up Assassin's Creed Valhalla and while it's frustrating trying to understand all the new mechanics and commands (I literally beat Origins a day before starting Valhalla) the game seems pretty cool but there's some things I'm not understanding.

    First off I'm in the very beginning area (Norway I guess) and following the advice of several beginners guides online I've pretty much only done the main quests and ignored the yellow and blue dots on the map unless they're near Viewpoint locations or on the way towards the next main mission. Is this advisable?

    Next, besides Mysteries and Wealth are there ANY side missions in the opening area? In previous AC games there were icons to show actual side quests but so far all I see are the Mysteries and Wealth icons and occasionally I run across a Raid spot.

    Speaking of Raids: are these important to do? It's never really explained in the game what they are or how they work. Again I went online to look this up but I still don't understand them.

    Next, when I eventually leave the beginning area will I be able to return? I know that sounds like a silly question but considering how Valhalla is pretty much nothing at all like any previous AC game I'm not sure how it will work.

    Finally, I'm on PC and when I fire up the game through Uplay I can look at the challenges and on them there's a completion bar as well as XP I'll get when I complete it and some sort of cyan symbol that looks like a rune or something. What the heck is that blue symbol?

    Thanks to anyone who takes the time reading this and answering any of my questions. I'll probably have more as I continue playing the game.

    submitted by /u/PunchBeard
    [link] [comments]

    Why do a lot of assassin's in the AC series have only one hidden blade?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:50 AM PDT

    I noticed this fact that from my experience all assassin's creed main characters apart from ezio only used one hidden blade and I wonder why would that be,wouldn't it be better to have two of them to make things like double assassinations easier?

    submitted by /u/SDO26025
    [link] [comments]

    Mastery Challenges are more fun and replayable than River Raids

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    Just got gold on all mastery challenges.

    Had a blast playing all of them. It was kind of like black box missions meet AC Odyssey weekly contracts. Yes there are some AI issues, but overlooking them, it was a super fun experience.

    Some of the assassination ones required some ingenuity on your part, like climbing a tiny fire rod to air assassinate an enemy, or moving a movable block next to an NPC, climbing it and then performing air assassination (or atleast that is how I did).

    Would love if Ubisoft keeps adding more content like this, and anxiously looking forward to the blackbox missions.

    Also not to mention, it was nice to get some challenging content. I recently played and platinuim'd Sekiro so was yearning for hard content and the mastery challenges didnt disappoint.

    submitted by /u/show_stoppa
    [link] [comments]

    Have you played wraith of the Druids?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    After finishing Valhalla I didn't like the game. I have got the season pass and I just can't be bothered to play the DLC anymore I rather spend my time on other games I might enjoy

    submitted by /u/Rdsgfdhn
    [link] [comments]

    Any reason to do all the investigation quests in AC1 or should o stick with the minimum required?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:38 PM PDT

    Just started AC 1, going to work through the whole series (played Oddysey and black flag before). Just curious if doing all the investigation missions is worth it or if I should just stick with the minimum required to advance the story.

    submitted by /u/Chicken-Inspector
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] [Spoilers for AC Valhalla side content and Wrath of the Druids] Lore about Eivor's current inventory

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    She has come in contact with 6 Pieces of Eden (one in comics iirc) and is in possession of four. Four powerful weapons that she actually holds in lore content. Excalibur, Gungnir, Mjolnir, Gae Bolg. These are not Animus going bunker (mtx), but actual weapons that she held according to her genetic memory. She had seen them, and responded to them (with dialogues).

    I really hope future updates will address this canon, not just brushing it off. Like the whereabouts of these artifacts. Or if the Assassins and Templars are gonna try to retrieve them.

    submitted by /u/MHwtf
    [link] [comments]

    The fact that new AC players prefer the first 4 games proves it’s more than just nostalgia

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    As the title says, I've previously had people commenting about the fact that the newer games just don't excite me because they don't have the same magic that the Ezio trilogy and AC1 held, saying it's simply because I got older.

    I just don't think this is true and I really hope Ubisoft take note of the comments being made and the love that is still felt for the original games.

    AC really needs to go back to smaller maps, with dense cities, buildings and streets that are interesting to navigate, large crowds with more interactivity and the passion for historical accuracy that was always so prominent. I'd much rather see a stripped back AC with a tighter focus on character and story.

    I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed the previous games but I can say for a fact that I would only have purchased them later on for a cheaper price if it wasn't for the AC label.

    submitted by /u/Aegon_Toast
    [link] [comments]

    how should the series keep the RPG elements and how should they be approached?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    I suppose technically the series first flirted with rpg type elements with black flag and upgrading your boat actually affects your gameplay, unlike 99 percent of the bomb crafting in revelations. But the real start of this was Unity, with skill points, very specific stats and player and enemy levels. Now the series imo should always keep sill trees, I love those, and the arkham games and newer tomb raider games are not in anyway RPG's but they make great use of skill trees. Now as Leo K has said, playing Unity without getting any skills is not too hard, as the series started this path very lightly, like headhunts regardless of level were always fatal, berserk blades worked on everyone, and like with syndicate, no matter an enemies level if you assassinate them they always indignantly die. But he also said playing syndicate with no upgrades is very hard.

    Now Unity's RPG rules were very linear and strict. There was no XP system so only by doing main or co op missions can you get skill points, and only at certain sequences, like 5 and 9 can you get different skills. while this kept the player from becoming OP it just feels to restricting and and artificially limiting when and how you can upgrade.

    Now with Syndicate they changed some of the RPG aspects. You can still 1 shot assassinate any level but things like head shots and berserk attacks no longer had much of an affect if an enemy is much higher leveled then you. But Syndicate also introduced a proper xp system, so you can finally grind and get pretty much any skill regardless of where you are in the story, it would just take time if the player wanted to over level themselves. While I love not having mission or sequence requirements for upgrading, syndicate can get stupid easy if you grind for like a day and your 5 levels above every mission. Plus I don't like how head shots and berserk attacks are dictated by level now.

    Then with Origins the series fully embraced being a full on RPG. 1 shot assassinations to anyone was no longer possible, and standard attacks or head shots did nothing if an enemy was like even 3 or 4 levels above you. This made the open world very linear, as you could not go where you wanted and do missions as most were mathematically impossible until you can level up. Plus the XP requirement became so huge you could no longer effectively grind, at least not past the first few levels, after that it would take forever to level up without doing missions.

    Odyssey doubled down on Origins plus made every stat for every piece of gear affect everything you could do, which I really hated. I haven't played enough of valhalla to really gauge how and what they do with the RPG elements in that game, but I do know levels are not as important as your equipment and and there is a guaranteed assignation option, something that should be a default thing. Also the skill tree in valhalla is pathetic, mostly minor stat upgrades with an actual skill every like 7 level jumps.

    So I ask you guys, with all the ways rpg elements can and have been done in the series, how would you want it done, if it all? Personally I would combine the rules of both Unity and Syndicate while also adding a touch of the anti grinding element of the later games. I would use Syndicates rule of allowing XP to dictate when you can upgrade, but also lock some really late game skills behind story progression. And make XP grinding more like Origins so it's not so easy to become so OP so fast. But I would abide by Unity's realistic rules and have head shots always be fatal no matter what, and other affects like berserk and sleep and other attacks work on everyone equally. So what say you guys?

    submitted by /u/Mikecirca81
    [link] [comments]

    ACV Mastery Challenges - Most AC gameplay yet

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    I may be in the minority here, but hear me out. I had low expectations for the Mastery Challenges update, as every prior update we got for ACV was a disappointment to me. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised this time around.

    The challenges themselves, are well designed, and I found them to be genuinely fun. The gameplay elements reminded me of the old-school AC I once knew. The sets didn't feel random as they have been for the last 5 years, but rather, deliberate - requiring a certain path or specific action - scripted, if you will.

    That being said, the update itself, like every single update we've gotten thus far in ACV, was a broken mess; lacking polish, refinement, and consistency. Often unpredictable events take place, which are not the players fault, and yet the player is still penalized for it. Things like jars exploding on their own as soon as the levels load, or enemy AI being dumb and harming themselves beforehand. This is especially apparent when attempting the Gold Medals for each challenge, as the requirements are often unforgiving, and require a perfect run each time, with a specific few allowing a bit of leeway. I also dislike the long wait Challenge restarts take. There must be a way to skip the cutscene animation, and just jump straight in without delay.

    Nevertheless, the challenges are indeed possible, and I managed to get Gold Medals on each of the currently available 15, within 2 days after returning home from work. I was hungry for more in the end, to be honest. Albeit the game's current status ain't the best for it, but I hope in time, perhaps it will be ironed out to feel less clunky and inconsistent. I'm looking forward to having more of these challenges being added in ACV, in the foreseeable future.

    I also hope the next game incorporates such challenges as part of the main campaign, just like it did in the past, providing a fun incentive and challenge per sequence and its quests. I think the Mastery Challenges were the most AC heavy gameplay that ACV has gotten thus far. Not just the Stealth challenges, but even Combat and Archery as well. Felt like a mix of the good ol' Full Synchronization objectives and Brotherhood's Animus Training Room. I had more fun doing these than all the repetitive raids I've done combined.

    Anyways, those are my thoughts and opinions. Let me know what y'all think.

    submitted by /u/SH3RIFFO
    [link] [comments]

    So I bought AC Unity in 2021 - it is not as perfect as people make it to be

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    EDIT: People who are blindly downvoting please understand I do not dislike Unity, I really adore it and it is much MUCH better than anything which came after it, maybe barring Origins, and certainly much better than the recent two entries. I'm just saying that nothing is perfect, and neither is Unity. Which is a shame because Unity has the most potential in any AC game to be the perfect AC game, to even surpass II.

    ***

    I am really glad people are talking about Unity again. It is because of that I gave it another chance, it is because of that I am enjoying Unity and having a generally good time with it.

    But it is certainly not one of the better AC games.

    What comprises a good AC game? The three pillars- stealth, navigation and combat; all of which packs in a good story which is important and relevant to the overarching assassin templar conflict.

    Oh and a modern-day, which Unity barely has. Unity and Syndicate have possibly the worst modern-day of all AC games, like it's just 10 mins of cutscenes, what the fuck is that; but anyway that aside let's discuss if Unity really shines on all those fronts.

    Story-

    Ok, it's not good. It's really not good. Arno and Elise are interesting enough at the start, and the first few missions are wonderful. It's a basic Romeo Juliet story but it works. At least in the intro.

    And oh the title drop is just, marvellous.

    But then shit just gets, bad I guess. The entire story becomes a hit list, and Elise is not even mentioned for half the story- which is just bad writing considering she's the second most important person after Arno.

    The potential is there in the story- the unity between an assassin and a templar, unity of the revolutionaries, unity to conquer against bad people; it is a simple plot and could be very effective- but it just comes off as stale.

    Honestly, (SPOILER FOR UNITY STORY IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED DO NOT SEE)

    If there was more of Elise, YOU KNOW, THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER IN THE GAME WHO WAS PLANNED TO BE PLAYABLE; if Bellec was the main villain and he killed Elise instead of Germain who is literally such a shit character, there is no depth to him just "Oh I Am Bad Guy"- Just these two changes alone would have benefited for the story. And further changes could be making the story a bit longer to actually flesh out the numerous random templars you have to kill- I only remember that dude with the glass's face and none of their names.

    Gameplay-

    Ok the story may be mediocre but it's alright if the game has great gameplay, right?

    Well, to an extent.

    And Unity does have great gameplay when it works.

    Stealth- this, Unity actually does really REALLY well. Stealth in Unity is precise and consistent; well, generally. Even after all the patches, there are still many issues but we'll talk about that later. Otherwise, the system is really great. Smoke bombs are extremely overpowered in Unity. The phantom and berserk blades work well. And for the first (and the last, sadly) time in an AC you can actually equip two items at the same time, that is, you can have a bomb type and a ranged weapon equipped in one time. So no more going through menus for changing or switching weapons. The AI is also usually fine if sometimes a bit clunky (that's basically Unity for you). Stealth, if you understand its systems and actually know how you use it- is a marvel in Unity.

    Navigation- oh boy, the big one. Navigation, which is basically Parkour in AC games (discounting the modern ones), and it's the main reason why Unity is so famous again- its parkour is really REALLY beautiful. Or at least, it is while looking at someone playing it on Youtube. However, it is not perfect. When it works, it's a marvel, but there's a lot of times when it doesn't. The predetermined runs aside, there is still a lot of jank in Navigation and parkour. It is really pretty, yes, but it's not always user-friendly. That is basically a problem with Unity it tries to be too stylish in favour of player freedom. A lot of times Arno does things you don't want him to do, and unlike the previous games (especially 1 to Rev) you could develop your skills to minimize or even nullify that, but in Unity despite your best understanding of its movement systems by watching expert guides like that of Leo K, you will still suffer some jank. And that is really unfortunate because the parkour is visually just perfect. If Ubisoft improved that system, we could have got something really incredible. Instead, we got Valhalla.

    Combat- well, there's not much to say about combat than it's slow but fair, not very easy unlike previous AC games, and it's fairly good- it pushes for a stealth approach as you can die fairly a lot in combat. Except there is a fatal flaw in combat which are gunners honestly fuck gunners they are the worst thing in Unity. You have to do an exact perfect dodge to escape gunshots, and in large-scale fights, you have to attack while dodging several gunshots, by gunners and those enemies which pull out guns when the fight gets bigger. And you can't even dodge while escaping, and you can't catch ledge (breakfall doesn't work when falling from a building) - so in effect, you have to drop smoke to escape gunners. There is literally only one answer, that is an item. This is not good gameplay)

    So in essence, the gameplay is great, but it's not robust. Like most things in Unity, it has the potential to be truly incredible, which is saddening.

    Paris- Beautiful and Utterly Exhaustive

    This is not really one of the pillars of an AC game as I mentioned, but it is perhaps the most important part of this conversation,

    Paris is wonderful. The city is so teeming with life, so lovingly created, so real. The monuments and landmarks are 1:1 scale, there are various different interiors- maybe a few copy-pasted but honestly I only ever came by a room which felt familiar a handful of times- and wonderful detail. The world is just such a blast to parkour in. If you had me choose my favourite parkour playground in an AC game it would be Paris. The city is phenomenal and vast, and there are no annoying guards patrolling every single roof along the skyline.

    But there is so much bloat. Paris as a place is wonderful, but Ubisoft has put so much shit to do in it it is very exhausting. About maximum an hour into the game you're put headfirst into Paris with the entire open-world to explore, and you open the map- holy shit. There are so many icons. Look at this.

    So tl;dr

    Unity is a very fun experience. But it's not a perfect game. This is genuinely sad because the game is insanely fun and such a great experience.

    But the important question is, why is Unity so beloved despite all its issues?

    That's very simple.

    Unity may not be a perfect game, but it is a darn good assassin experience.

    Unity doesn't need to need to be perfect. Truth is, even in the state it is right now, 6 years later with many of its release bugs fixed- it is still a half-finished game.

    But that's okay. Why?

    Because it is a game that looks fucking beautiful, while also giving the original Assassin's Creed experience.

    Unity isn't perfect. But it is as close as one will get to a perfect modern AC game.

    You know, the actual AC games.

    (before people say stuff like how the modern games are better just see this then comment, thanks)

    submitted by /u/not-your-usual-fella
    [link] [comments]

    One Handed Swords and how they will appear in game

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    I know we're getting one handed swords in the coming weeks. How do you think they will introduce them in-game? I mean they're already there in the hands of the soldiers.

    Also, do you think they will make some of the two handed swords into one handed swords? I'd love to handle Excalibur as a one handed sword, even with the ability to hold it with one hand, it's too weighty in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/teddy71517
    [link] [comments]

    I have hit a wall with Valhalla and need advice for carrying on.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:47 AM PDT

    I've played for 40 hours, made 5 alliances and I'm power level 135. Just made it to Lunden and I've hit a major wall. I really can't face playing it anymore. Took a break to play Mass Effect LE and even thinking about Valhalla is just giving me a meh feeling. Any tips to get back into it again or is it just a lost cause for me?l

    submitted by /u/Murakami241
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment