• Breaking News

    Friday, May 21, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Ubisoft really need to change

    Assassin's Creed Ubisoft really need to change


    Ubisoft really need to change

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    Why do critics of the RPG-driven Assassin's Creed games give a pass to Origins?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    I've been on this subreddit for a while now and I really enjoy the discussion and conversations that are brought up by fans everywhere- it shows how diverse and widespread the AC fanbase is.

    But one thing you semi-frequently see here are criticisms of the RPG-shift that AC began starting with Syndicate and massively continuing with Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla. I have not played the latter two as of the time of writing this, but ironically I would say that they, in particular, get a lot of negative posts created about them.

    However, strangely Origins always gets the opposite- whenever it's brought up I see consistent praise despite it laying the foundation of levelling/level gating, gear bonuses, special abilities, pointlessly big worlds, etc...that have been expanded upon by the franchise at large. Why is that?

    submitted by /u/RedtheGamer100
    [link] [comments]

    Rumors and speculation on a Black Flag remaster

    Posted: 20 May 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    So, if you look up some of the sea shanties that were on Black Flag, you might notice that Ubisoft's Music channel on Youtube has re-uploaded them fairly recently, 2-3 months back despite the game being 7 or 8 years old. I've seen some rumors and speculation that this might hint at there being a Black Flag remaster in the near future. What do y'all think about this speculation? Honestly, It'd do them right, considering they (for some reason) remastered AC3 and Rogue given that they are considered some of the least good ones. Hell I want a AC1 or 2 remaster.

    submitted by /u/Eye-Unlucky
    [link] [comments]

    Why does it feel like the games have regressed in terms of environment/graphics since Origins?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    The newer games might have better textures. However, it takes 5 minutes in Origins to notice how bad the cloth physics are in Valhalla. Not only this but the mood and overall immersiveness in Origins blows valhalla out of the water. I have not recently played oddysey so I will not comment on it.

    What has ubisoft been doing these days? I'm 100% sure they focused on streamlining everything to the point they are able to copy paste but forget to go in and add details that matter and actually add into the game.

    submitted by /u/madden2000
    [link] [comments]

    (NO spoilers) Currently some way through AC Valhalla, and I have a random ensemble of thoughts I just wanted to share. Feel free to respond/share any of your own in the comments.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 04:34 PM PDT

    • The game is barely any more Assassin's Creedy than Odyssey, but I expected as much.
    • The hack and slash style battles are by far the most fun thing about this game.
    • If you're not blasting "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!" whenever in battle you're not playing this game right.
    • It is too damn hard to stay undetected in stealth sections of this game (I'm playing with everything set on "normal" difficulty I think). Basically impossible, which for a game where you're supposed to stay stealthy a lot of the time this is unforgivable.
    • The hammy, campy voice acting and tone of many minor NPCs and side quests is comedy gold. I hope this never changes.
    • Dual-wielding spears is META, nothing else comes close.
    • Flyting is one of the best things to happen to this series periodt.
    • I still want that patch that changed the original awesome red hair colour into that ugly cheese yellow reversed.
    • Editing hair and tattoos is really fun.
    • The horse/mount AI is absolutely fucking atrocious in several ways.
    • I read that there's no new game plus and Ubisoft where is it, please? *insert Skai Jackson sitting meme*
    • I actually love the long, epic quest campaigns of the newer games and wouldn't mind it continuing, though there's no need for every game to have an even more ridiculously huge map than the last just for the sake of it. Again, especially if you're not going to give us a new game plus feature for a speedier second playthrough.
    submitted by /u/_Lelixandre
    [link] [comments]

    Honest opinions and expectations, do you believe Ubisoft will ever make another assassin's creed game fully focused on assassins?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    I'm not here to bash the newer games, because I actually enjoy them as games. But I can't say they fill my definition of an assassin's creed game.

    With the direction the last 3 games have gone, I'm actually starting to think Ubisoft is trying to branch out and market assassin's creed as mainly just historical games, and that they're trying to sideline the assassin stuff.

    I recently replayed the older games, and I have to say, I really missed them. They're vastly different from today's games, not just by gameplay, but story too.

    I don't really mind the new gameplay anymore (apart from the parkour which I really hope returns in full swing), but do you guys actually think they will make another game where you're an actual assassin, and just that, or do you think they will continue with sidelining the assassin story for a more marketable historical-fantasy game?

    submitted by /u/ElonTheRocketEngine
    [link] [comments]

    The series has become more fun to speculate about than play

    Posted: 20 May 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    Long time fan since AC1. I love this community and reading the convos we have about what we'd love to see in the series, really show how much passion we have for this series (and how much potential this series has). Ya'll have some great ideas and it's great to imagine them with you.

    AC has pushed the boundaries of what a game could be since the very start. I think we forget that AC also popularized the counter kill system we've seen in so many games now, with each iteration improving whilst adding new mechanics. Since playing Odyssey I feel the life within the series fading. You can tell its trying to copy successful gameplay models rather than trying to create their own unique experience. I was very hopeful and excited the whole time leading up to Valhalla but having spent 70 hours I just feel so drained. I know some probably enjoyed it, though im sure im not the only one who feels this way. It goes without saying that 2020 made game development extremely difficult (not to mention internally at ubi) so I congratulate and thank the devs for putting this out there, regardless.

    It feels like a bit of a distant dream that we'll go back to sprawling cities to explore and parkour around, but I am hopeful! There will always be a spot in my heart for AC. Also #HoldUbisoftAccountable

    submitted by /u/Awecillate
    [link] [comments]

    I am attempting to platinum assassins creed black flag

    Posted: 20 May 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    I am attempting to platinum black flag and I'm just wondering is there a trophy for collecting all the collectibles? I know there's a few hidden trophys and I don't know how to check what they are so I'm wondering if one of those is that

    submitted by /u/loooool212
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I release humans from Hades and Atlantis like I could in Elysium? AC Odyssey

    Posted: 20 May 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    So, in Elysium you were given the option to release humans from Persephones control and they'd leave the area, the animation was tedious but I liked it. However in Hades and Atlantis you can't. When you knock a soldier out, they're just knocked out. My question is why? It was a fun challenge for me to try and clear a location out without killing anyone.

    submitted by /u/iheartblank85
    [link] [comments]

    Other people's opinions on Revelations

    Posted: 20 May 2021 11:18 AM PDT

    Revelations is my personal favourite game in the series, I love everything from the colourful setting to the way it caps off Ezio's story. I often see people talk about how great Ac2 and Brotherhood are, but I don't see many people talk about revelations. I guess I just want to hear what other people's opinions of the game are.

    submitted by /u/JumpyBouncy
    [link] [comments]

    You know what would be cool: That the order/templars descended from Adam and the Assassins/hidden ones from Eve.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    After playing each and every game and following the lore religiously, I know that there are no good guys or bad guys. Just guys who think whats right for the world.

    I also believe we should have another Templar perspective game as Rogues concept is something I haven't forgotten yet. We need to explore that too. We need a balance.

    Oh and it would be so cool if in the end its revealed that Adam = templar/ order and Eve=Assassin's/ hidden ones

    submitted by /u/Only-a-NooB
    [link] [comments]

    What would make me be obsessed with AC again

    Posted: 20 May 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    This is more personally focused, so I'm not appealing to most fans per se. I will say that I'm an OG AC fan and have played every game at their release and have been an uberfan since AC1 (since I'm a huge history buff).

    And to buck the apparent consensus of this sub, I'm an old AC player that actually prefers the the last three games over the Ezio trilogy. In fact, I also prefer AC3 and Unity over Ezio too.

    Although I liked Valhalla, I didn't love it like I did with the previous entries. Some aspects of the newer games may be wearing old with Valhalla and I'm personally wishing for some changes that would make me just love AC again. Here are a few:

    • Keep the open-world/open-region design but more emphasis on cities. Essentially, make more content focused on cities, make the cities bigger, richer, and with more depth. You can keep the country-side but only if there's interesting content. Just having forts, bandit camps, and emptiness is not fun or enough. Make hunting interesting. Make cities more detailed. And put things in the countryside worth exploring, e.g. hidden tombs, finding a hidden hermit master to teach you a new skill, a secret cult that is protecting a powerful artifact/weapon/armor. But keep a bulk of the content in unique and engrossing cities. Also, make the cities feel alive, like in Unity, with interesting NPCs doing random tasks and carrying on with their lives. Not just NPCS walking around or sitting. Make them "do" something. I would sacrifice some emptiness for bigger cities (even though I loved some some of the sights in Origins and Odyssey).
    • Provide more diverse and distinct cities and environments. Origins did this very well despite being mostly desert. Each city, region, town, and village needs to be more distinct. Maybe this requires the devs to create more assets? Odyssey is my favorite AC game but I agree that both the geography and the various cities felt way too similar and same-y. Make cities unique and important. Not only did Odyssey cities look similar; some major cities like Thebes and Argos weren't even that important to the game! Variety is the spice of life and the differences between regions and cities makes us more attached to some games more than others.
    • More variety to mission types. Too much of the previous game was just "kill all bandits/soldiers here", "retrieve x item", and "eagle vision crimes". You can still keep those types as your main mission types but at least change it up. Instead of just going somewhere to kill all the bandits, let the player be ambushed by enemies on high grounds and advantageous positions. Maybe some settlement defense stuff. Bring back arena matches. Bring back actual assassination missions. More thief styled missions that emphasis stealth. Instead of using eagle vision to follow a trail to finish the mission, try actual investigations by interviewing people and having extra physical evidence, both that can lead you to the wrong conclusions.
    • That leads to my next point of impactful decisions. If AC wants to be more like an actual RPG or RPG-Action hybrid, then the decisions we make need to actually matter. Sure, we can have multiple ending with some key decisions in the game. But we need more and we need more short term consequences too. And decisions that actually have an impact on the story as we progress. And if they want to go the extra mile, make decisions that can impact gameplay too. And I know not everyone cares about romance in AC games but I do. I want actual solid romance storylines, decisions, and significant impacts of those decisions (as well as the option to skip it of course too).
    • More specialization for combat and gameplay. I've played Valhalla to the point where I'm only getting Mastery points, even before the last DLC came out. I personally don't like being perfect at everything. I want an RPG experience where I have to seriously consider the playstyle of my protagonist. That way skill/perk points have serious weight and impact. I want to choose to be either a tanky brawler, a sneaky assassin, a master archer, a jack of all trades master of none, an artificer that is an expert with tools, traps, and throwables, etc. Not only does this make my protagnist feel special and personalized but it also increases the replayability of the game. Also, this helps AC purists that want a purely assassin way of playing the game and also people that want a more fast-paced, action playstyle. As of now, there is no incentive for me to replay Valhalla even if they had a New Game +. It would be more of the same. But if I had various ways to engage in combat and play the game, then I would. Also, more weapon types and assassin tools please? Bonus points for more finisher animations. Looking at the same 2 or 3 per weapon type gets old after the first 2 or 3 hours of the game.
    • Less collectibles, more meaningful side content. I didn't like collecting Ben Frank's almanac pages in AC3 and I didn't enjoy chasing tattoo designs in Valhalla either. To be clear, I actually enjoyed the side missions/stories in the previous 3 games. I'm not talking about those but about all the other content in the game. And the only additional content I enjoyed was the Arena in Origins, the naval combat in Odyssey, and flyting in Valhalla. I know Ubisoft will never forsake their obsession with collectibles in their open world games but I don't enjoy it. Its a grind, not engaging or interesting, and provides zero satisfaction with me.
    • End-game content. Its funny; in AC games, once you finally max out your skills, abilities, settlement, etc, you find out there's nothing to do. Hunting down mercs/zealots and river raids aren't enough. Raiding in Valhalla was cool for the first couple of times but became rote and repetitive (like, no shieldwall mechanics? Really?). In my mind when reaching level cap, it should be, "this is where the real challenge should start", instead you have to wait until the next DLC comes out or just kill mercs/river raids/insert generic activity here. I would love content that would begin or unlock once you reach a sufficiently high level. Like a hardcore arena, trials for only a "Master Assassin", a weapon type only "skilled warriors" could use, taking on an entire fleet with your ship, etc. Maybe finding the templars/order members only opens up after you beat the game or reach a certain level (with the members actually being some important story characters you wouldn't have suspected otherwise!). What if, once your settlement reaches its max development (and more customizable settlements/home bases please!), rival clans or soldiers attack your settlement because its a juicy target? For Valhalla, the only worthwhile advantage was getting the feast buff. What if an end game content revolved around building up settlements in various locations (and protecting them)?
    • Weapons and armor. I like all the options of Odyssey but I liked the upgrading and using your favorite weapon for the whole playthrough in Valhalla. They need a way to give us way more options but allow us to keep upgrading our favorite gear too.
    • Have the story more focused on assassins vs templars. Like I said before, I actually love the last 3 titles the most and can respect that the story told us more about the Isu. However, what I love more than Isu lore (which they can still include) is the conflict of assassins vs templars. And place more emphasis on how some assassins can be bad and how some templars are good. Black and white/ good guy vs bad guy is getting boring. AC Rogue bucked that trend a little bit but it wasn't explored enough for me. If we can't choose which faction to join, at least give the templars good, sympathetic motivations and make us question the moral high ground of the assassins more. Allow us to invest to building up the assassin brotherhood through various side missions too.
    • Make the weapons and armor more grounded and realistic. I'm biased because I'm a history buff (especially ancient/classical history). I was pleasantly surprised by some of the pieces of armor and weapons in Odyssey and Origins and how pretty accurate/similar they were to the real thing. But give me more of that. I hate how all the strongest pieces of gear are all Isu and all look super gaudy. I don't want my assassin/protagonist to look like a WoW character. It looks tacky. Give me realistic looking gear with history appropriate proportions and materials.
    • AI/NPC behavior. Please fix. Allies are severely incompetent. Enemies either have zero awareness or god-like clairvoyance that share a hive mind with all enemies in the area.
    • More/Better parkour and movement. This goes right aside having bigger cities. But essentially look at Unity and just do that but a bit better.
    • Transmog should be a base, vanilla feature that shouldn't require any resources. Period.

    Kinda a lot to ask for and I'm not expecting much. But I had a lot to say (I actually thought about starting a YT channel just to rant about AC, lol). But I'm just a fan with a lot of opinions. ^_^

    submitted by /u/Vagabond_Tea
    [link] [comments]

    Started Origins after beating Valhalla, wowzers

    Posted: 20 May 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    So I played Origins years ago on the ps4 and I wasn't too impressed. I played it for a little while, but lost interest after awhile. About 2 weeks ago I beat Valhalla, and I had to push myself to beat the game because it was just too long and too much of the same thing. I liked Valhalla as a game but it didn't really scratch that Assassins Creed itch. Well, I decided to revisit Origins, but on PC this time. I kicked the graphics settings to ultimate and all I can say is wow. It not only looks absolutely stunning but plays way better. The combat feels a little snappier than it did on a base ps4. It also feels like a proper AC game, which odyssey and Valhalla did not. I hate to say this, but I think Valhalla took the series backwards in a lot of ways.

    Anyhow, if any of you played Origins on a base ps4, I recommend giving it a shot on a decent PC if you have one. Also, if any of you are missing a more assassins creed type experience and skipped Origins; I would give it a chance.

    submitted by /u/Unhappy-Research3446
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to look like a Saxon?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    I am not finished yet and don't have any dlcs. Is there some customisation to make one look more like a Saxon nobleman? in regards of beards and cloths? So far I have not come across options that are what I hoped for.

    submitted by /u/Ascentori
    [link] [comments]

    Minoji Kurata's Assassin's Creed: Blade of Shao Jun Manga Ends in June

    Posted: 20 May 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    Helix credits on account or console?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    When I downloaded Odyssey I got a bundle so I started with Helix Credits. My wife who uses the same PS4 but different ps account got the helix credits also.

    So the question, if I purchase helix credits is it a purchase for the console or my account only?

    submitted by /u/CptAwesom123
    [link] [comments]

    Does Wrath add anything to the base game experience? And should it be weaved during the main story, or after?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    Just wanting to check as I have the base game but I haven't bought the DLC yet. Am I missing anything from the main game by not having Wrath yet, or is it all self-contained?

    And if I do get it, it is designed to be done sometime during the main game story for maximum effectiveness, or is it a post-main game story that might spoil the main game if done too soon?

    submitted by /u/Viper114
    [link] [comments]

    can we PLEASE get a distraction arrow or something?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    its really fucking annoying to not be able to distract group of enemies. (i know you can whistle but that only atrracts to your position). its really impossible to sneak through the small bandit camps in the new DLC because of this. also PLEASE fix detction. its an assasins creed game after all... stealth is WAY to hard

    submitted by /u/DrCannabis1992
    [link] [comments]

    If the next Assassin's creed is a f2p, will you get it?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 04:40 PM PDT

    I most certainly will not.

    submitted by /u/Water_sage
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment