• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 22, 2021

    Assassin's Creed [Fanart] Altair drawing by me

    Assassin's Creed [Fanart] Altair drawing by me


    [Fanart] Altair drawing by me

    Posted: 21 May 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    Norse warrior chest concept art. I'd stack 100 cairns for this.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    What's with the color-coordinating uniforms in Valhalla..

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    It's such a bummer trying to immerse yourself in this world, only to see every viking on your side wearing the exact same blue outfit everywhere you go.. It was justifiable in Odyssey, where Athens wore blue and Sparta wore red.. but this? Just sad. They're not some traditional organized army that create matching gear for each rank, lol. It would've been really cool to distinguish a different clan specifically by their own colored symbol/flag/shield. But every clan seemingly wears the same thing in this world, thus nothing unique about the raven clan compared to any other.

    When they feel like copy/paste NPCs rather than "unique" viking brethren, all interest and spirit goes out the door.

    submitted by /u/Miantava
    [link] [comments]

    Blaring horn coming from an unknown location. - New player

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:33 PM PDT

    I just started assassins creed valhalla, and i have entered the town of Stavanger in Norway. i am only but an hour into the game. ever since entering the town i have a blaring horn coming through my sounds, to the point im ready to quit the game.
    Google has yielded no good info other then a zealot may be near by i ran around looking, i even fast traveled all the way back to my starting zone, I just want this to stop. Can someone please assist me in what this sound is and how do i stop it. or is there a setting im not seeing to turn off this horn sound.

    submitted by /u/Tripxed
    [link] [comments]

    (SPOILERS) Valhalla's hidden cutscene unlocked through anomalies?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    I want to start by saying I thoroughly enjoyed playing Valhalla. I got it when it first came out and finally was able to find time to beat it a few days ago. It was incredibly brilliant in my opinion, and the narrative was fantastic. However, this was only understandable to me through the hidden cutscene that you see after completing the 10 animus anomalies-I am talking about the one where you finally see that Eivor, Sigurd, Basim, etc. are actually "reincarnates" of Isu beings. I did not see this anywhere else, so I have to ask-why did they include such an important cutscene for the game behind side activities? I wanted to 100% the game eventually, but I do not understand why what seems to be a key element to the narrative is hidden away. It also does not make much sense because if you beat the game without completing these, you then do them as Basim. Perhaps I am not good at making connections, but I was very confused and honestly somewhat dissatisfied with the ending of the game, UNTIL I understood what it all meant. Maybe I should have made the connection through the Asgard arc and such, but I was unaware as to what was happening and why Basim started attacking Eivor-I thought he was going crazy or something.

    This isn't a really important question, and forgive me if there is a clear answer that I am unaware of, I just genuinely don't understand why they hid this cutscene.

    Also, quick question, why DOES Basim attack Eivor? Did he think that Odin finally took control of Eivor's body and wanted to exact his revenge? But after he sees the mark on his neck ("The kiss of a wolf takes my prize!"), why would still continue attacking Eivor? Did he not realize that Eivor has taken control and his gotten rid of Odin in his mind?

    submitted by /u/Voltaius
    [link] [comments]

    AC Syndicate is actually insanely good!

    Posted: 21 May 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    So I recently played through Valhalla and I loved it and although good judgement called that I should jump into the new remastered ME Collection, against my better judgement I decided to give Syndicate a go. Mostly because I played Unity recently and really liked it and I knew Syndicate was the next after that so I figured it couldn't hurt right?

    But boys this game is so delicious? It's like Batman: Arkham Knight and AC: Unity had a wonderful marriage and produced a beautiful child!

    Everything about it is so clean and polished. The main characters look and sound awesome, the story is catchy, the exploration is really satisfying, they fixed the annoying stealth that Unity had. The game runs better, looks incredible with dynamic weather and no more horrid pop in that was in Unity. It even has vehicles with smooth mechanics and it works, the traffic works, pedestrians work, it just works. Not to mention it has a better iterated character progression than Unity and the game just feels so much better paced with all the districts having their own conflicts to resolve.

    The combat is akin to the Batman Arkham games and the weapons are really badass. I had no idea I needed Evie Frye's cane in my life. :D

    Even the parkour feels better and more smooth than Unity, and the grappling hook fixes that annoying moment in Unity where I really want to cross to the other side of roofs, but you can't without arbitrary rope connections, now I just rappel to the other side.

    But dare I say I might even like it more than Valhalla? I loved Valhalla, but this feels like a proper Assassin game. Some of the main assassination targets so far feel almost like a Hitman game with having some unique ways to kill your target. Unity also had a bit of that, but very undercooked, here it's just great. Like I went into a morgue, disguised myself as a corpse and got carried to my target. :D

    I'm just having a blast, I can't believe I was sleeping on this game for so long, I didn't really spend much time collecting stuff in Valhalla, but I'm definitely going to collect stuff in this one. What a surprise!

    submitted by /u/Accomplished_Ad_2321
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] Can you help me understand a few differences between Norse and Roman Isu?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    Did the Norse and Roman Isu exist at the same time? Why do the Norse Isu use mythological terms even when talking with each other, but the Roman Isu use scientific terms? Are the Norse Isu not aware that they aren't gods?!

    I'm very confused. The Roman Isu did not have any illusions as to their Divinity, and they behave in a way that a traditionalist modern society would, but the Norse Isu behave like they genuinely believe themselves to be Divine.!

    I'm only halfway into the story of Valhalla. I just rescued Sigurd. Do these questions get answered?!

    submitted by /u/SoulsBorNioKiro
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed - Warring States of Japan

    Posted: 21 May 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Would be cool to see an assassin's creed game set during the Warring States in Japan and go through the story from the rise of Nobunaga till Tokugawa's total control over Japan.

    submitted by /u/JacksonTeoh91
    [link] [comments]

    One thing that makes Eivor and the game world of Valhalla less engaging.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    The lack of voice lines in game. The game provides all these mysteries and things to discover but Eivor makes absolutely no comments in game outside of cutscenes and "i must be careful here". This gives us no indication to how Eivors character is evolving as he discovers the world.

    For example the Hidden Ones Bureus are cool to find and read about in the codex pages but Eivor himself? Silent. He just found evidence of Hidden Ones from past ages and he met some Hidden Ones from the start of the game. Does he begin to question the code? Does he want to explore more? Does he confront Basim about it? No he just stays silent and does what the player tells him to do. This definitely lessens the immersion and engagement to him as a character imo.

    Outside of cutscenes we never really know what Eivor is thinking, why he is doing the things he does, how he really feels about raiding towns for supplies and pillaging, if he ever has moral, mental or physical struggles, how he feels about everything thats happening. Outside of the main story and cutscenes its basically GTA England, the player controls a sim to do cool stuff around the world. That may be why exploration feels so tedious and repetetive bcos we start to forget why Eivor is doing all of this in the first place.

    submitted by /u/properc
    [link] [comments]

    rebrand Assassin's creed as the animus anthology

    Posted: 21 May 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    This will never actually happen, but if they just rebranded people would stop complaining about it not being AC because it isn't anymore. Their games are now historical playgrounds which is fine and it works well. I just do not like that I am buying Assassin games with almost no Assassin's anymore. I feel like rather than buying an AC game I'm just buying another trip in the animus to a new playground and the title should display that. I repeat that I know this will never happen because the AC name is what sells games, but just wanted to put this out there.

    submitted by /u/zenzo765
    [link] [comments]

    What are your expectations for the next-gen Assassin’s Creed.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    It's known that the next AC will probably not release before end 2022/23 and it would be something new because the mythology trilogy started with the Egypt mythology in Origins, continued with the Greek mythology in Odyssey and finally ended with the Norse mythology in Valhalla.

    The last time Ubisoft tried to release a next-gen AC, it backfired massively which forced the franchise to take a drastic change of route and now they're taking some time to release the game. Although Unity is probably after all the patches by far the best AC released on the PS4/XBOX1.

    There's a rumor that Ubisoft Sofia (maker of Rogue) is again developing an AC. Do you think it would be a last-game which could release by end of this year or at the start of next year.

    What do you think Ubisoft is planning for the next-gen version of AC and do you think there would be a last-gen game for PS4/XBOX1?

    submitted by /u/dan-sudo
    [link] [comments]

    Quick ways of gaining xp and leveling up.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    So I stopped playing valhalla not so long ago and decided to carry on from where I left off. I did a few more areas and I'm now about level 130 but my next area is recommended level 160 but I'm having trouble leveling up so was wondering if anyone had any tips to help me get to my needed level quickly. Thank in advance

    submitted by /u/Rhys2404
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have to finish my current NG+ to make a new one? AC Odyssey

    Posted: 21 May 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    So basically, I haven't played Odyssey in a while, and in my current save I have no idea what's going on, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, nor do I remember many of the characters. It doesn't make it very enjoyable. I want to make another New Game +, but I don't see the option in the main menu, only the button to make a normal new game. Do I have to complete the story again in order for me to do that? Sorry if this is kinda a dumb question, I couldn't find anything solid online.

    submitted by /u/Draggexx
    [link] [comments]

    How is it playing Origins on PS5?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    I am feeling the urge to play Origins, maybe finish that NG+ I forgot about. Does anyone know if it gets any benefits from the PS5? I'm pretty sure it, regrettably, doesn't have 60fps but are load times better at least?

    submitted by /u/KingofGrapes7
    [link] [comments]

    Royal demands in Ireland ��

    Posted: 21 May 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    I don't know if anyone has had this problem but on the ps5 version I've finished the add on and I've done over 50 royal demands and trophy hasn't unlocked was wondering if anyone knows what to do ?? I really don't want to play the game again

    submitted by /u/LankyLad-Joker
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think that AC should go back to it's origins? Or they should give it a completely new view?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    I am talking about the games in a general way, the story, the RPG mode, the historical time and places, etc. What do you think Ubisofy should or shouldn't do with the next releases?

    submitted by /u/puchixx
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone! I'm wondering wether the AC novels are worth reading, so I ask for your help.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 01:26 AM PDT

    As far as I know the novels are adaptations of the games (correct me if i'm wrong). Do the books expand the story in some way? Are the books repeatitive? Is it just a simple adventure novel? I have so many questions, so please write down your opinions and imressions of the AC novels. Which book is your favourite one?

    submitted by /u/watermelonOrbit
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla twitch prime buff

    Posted: 21 May 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    I have claimed the twitch prime buff for 5 hours but I was wondering how long it can be paused for because if I can I would rather save it till next dlc because I have nothing to do but mysteries and artifacts in England

    submitted by /u/willreed06
    [link] [comments]

    Concerning Our Boys and Girls in Red and White

    Posted: 20 May 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    So if anyone notices this post, hello! I am currently both rediscovering and catching up with this remarkable series and though modern opinions of the IP may scoff at that, I think, as a community, we can agree that this franchise does have something special though possibly slightly obscured to some. Of those in the latter I am not alienating and wish to even have them chime in on this matter.

    I have my own loose categorization of the series as follows:

    AC1: The Introduction of Altair and the machinations of it all. ACII-REV: The Ezio Trilogy ACIII/IV/RGE: The Kenway Trilogy Unity/Syn: The European Duology ORIGINS-VALHALLA: The Isu/Layla Trilogy

    And I've been playing through it all in the past few months and I love every minute of it. The nuances of Assassin-hood from II to the exploration and navigation of Unity and Syndicate, to the brutality of the earliest of time periods through the Isu Trilogy.

    Through all of this though I also purchased a boxset of the novels and I'm reading the Secret Crusade. So I'm captivated by Eivor and her/his struggle of conquering England in the name of the Danes and Thor while amused at the comedic antics of the Frye Twins. But at the back of my mind... I imagine the nuances of Altair.. gaining information and eliminating the presence of the enemy and doing whatever it takes to destroy the foundations of the Templars... there's something so satisfying about that first adventure that I can't let go. Blending in with crowds, leaping from rooftops...

    So I ask this of you all. We all want a return to form that much is obvious. We want to be Assassins again. To wield Hidden Blades and go to war with the oppressors of reality and fact and free will... but what do you truly want to come back? For me it is to have targets, to have a goal, to be an extension and the sword of the Brotherhood in a game again. Not necessarily an agenda and vengeance like Ezio, Arno and Connor. Not to have a goal outside of it all like Edward or Adewale. Hell, not even to have a romp while kicking Templar asses like the Fryes.. I want to be an Assassin again.

    This is an essay, and a wall of text, I know. But for anyone wishing/willing to approach this with a passionate opinion and heartfelt mindset, I'd absolutely love to hear from you.

    submitted by /u/Winterfall89
    [link] [comments]

    A spoilerific theory about WotD's Azar

    Posted: 21 May 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    I'm sure I'm not the only one who almost immediately suspected Azar was a true Sage, with the lost eye being a convenient way to explain the lack of heterochromia.

    Their air of superiority around others, their gender-fluid nature (with Azar being female and Aita being male), the nickname "Old Man", the similarity in the backstories; it all adds up to certainly give the impression–to me at least–that Azar is a Sage, albeit one who does a slightly better job of supressing Aita's memories than others.

    I really just wanted to start a discussion on the point; what are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/JascaDucato
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment