• Breaking News

    Friday, May 14, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Cosplay of my Galloglach armour celebrating the release of the dlc [Irishman in Irish mercenary armour for the Ireland dlc]

    Assassin's Creed Cosplay of my Galloglach armour celebrating the release of the dlc [Irishman in Irish mercenary armour for the Ireland dlc]


    Cosplay of my Galloglach armour celebrating the release of the dlc [Irishman in Irish mercenary armour for the Ireland dlc]

    Posted: 13 May 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    The huge amount of clipping in clothes in Valhalla is unacceptable

    Posted: 13 May 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    Every single outfit has clipping issues, specially the capes, the hood clips through everything and I can't believe there is no a single one that doesn't have this problem. And on top of this, the hair clips through everywhere as well.

    This is a triple A game and stuff like this should not happen at all, it's unacceptable no matter how you look at it

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    Out of the 3 newer games, what does each one do better than their counterparts?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:08 AM PDT

    I'll start:

    - Origins: The combat. I personally love the way Ubisoft made combat in Origins. It's very grounded like Valhalla, and doesn't have all the unnecessary, over the top abilities like in Odyssey. In Origins, you have to calculate your fights. You have to know which side to face to watch out for arrows and other enemies. Tougher enemies are just that, tougher. There was always a way to cheese enemies in Odyssey. Each weapon serves a purpose in combat, where I feel in Odyssey and Valhalla they are all the same (personal opinion). Overall, I think Origins has the best paced combat along with the most realistic. The kill animations are also great.

    - Odyssey: The customization. I'm a sucker for customizing the look of whatever character I'm playing and Odyssey delivered big time. Having dozens and dozens of different gear sets is awesome. Allowing us to customize each gear piece to our liking? Even better. I do not want to admit the amount of hours I've dumped into Odyssey just customizing Kassandra's look.

    - Valhalla: The settlement. I always felt like AC always lacked a true "home" in their games. For me, it's nice to have a place to return to at the end of the day. Having the ability to customize the settlement is one of my favorite things, too. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing in Origins and the Adrestia in Odyssey. I feel like this is something they can build and improve upon. Maybe in the future allow us to put the buildings in our settlement wherever we want? Like having and empty plot and we can build on it so our settlements are unique to our play through? Something to thing about!

    So, there ya have it! My opinions on what each game does better than it's competitors. What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your opinions!

    submitted by /u/MTFBWY_
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla's stealth is still terrible

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    Now that the DLC is out I'd like to remind everyone that stealth is still unusable in Valhalla.

    Ubisoft has done nothing to adress this issue, it's not even on their knwon issues list, so we can assume they just don't care. Detection speed is still highly inconsistent and gives players not enough time to react. The clap of Eivor's asscheeks still alerts nearby guards for no reason. Controlled descent (holding the crouch button) is loud enough for enemies to notice you. Parcour is too sluggish and inpercise to be effectively used for positioning in stealth scenarios. Ubisoft wants us all to play as epic Viking raiders so they force stealth players into open combat, which completly defeats the point of having an RPG system in the first place.

    This is completely unaceptable. Valhalla's stealth is the worst in the series and it should be an embarassement for this to be possible after Odyssey.

    submitted by /u/veico_cm
    [link] [comments]

    i just bought assassins creed origins, do you guys think it’s one of the better games of the series?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    i played it a longgggg time ago when i wasn't really into assassins creed, so i skipped the storyline and forgot all of it, do you guys think it has a good storyline and gameplay?

    submitted by /u/SnooChocolates6827
    [link] [comments]

    I think after valhalla we might go back to the assassin templar conflict

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    Even though the rpg mechanics are still there at least we be probably be back with the assassins and templars because I think valhalla is the final game in the ancient trilogy that started with origins then odyssey and now valhalla

    submitted by /u/Chancey1995
    [link] [comments]

    Einar Selvik & Julie Fowlis reveal soundtrack for 'Assassin's Creed Valhalla' 1st expansion 'Wrath of the Druids' | Mythologica

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    I think valhalla is better than odyssey in my opinion

    Posted: 13 May 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    I think valhalla did the open world better than odyssey because I love England and stuff and the game is brutal its one of my favorite assassins creed games right up with the ezio trilogy assassins creed 3 black flag unity and origins

    submitted by /u/Chancey1995
    [link] [comments]

    Adding Darker Nights as an optional feature in Valhalla would be awesome

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    Ghost Recon Breakpoint added this and it was awesome, much more immersive. I wish we could have this option in Valhalla too.m because tbh night-time in this game is too bright and it doesn't feel realistic or immersive imo

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    It is always raining everytime the game loads

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:03 PM PDT

    Every time I load the game it is raining.

    This is ruining the New DLC because I personally am not a fan of when it rains while there is still bright sunlight, creating lots of noise due to the glimmer.

    I have tried verifying files, nothing. setting rain to 0 in the Ini files, nothing. I am now resulting to uninstalling the game to reinstall to hope that this is fixed. This also did nothing.

    I feel that I am maybe the only one having this issue as weather on part 1 YouTube playthroughs are often in clear weather. I just want the weather to be clear without waiting a long time for the rain to stop.

    I am also aware that ironically real world England is experiencing lots of rainy weather at the moment despite having streaks of near perfect sunny weather this time a year before.

    submitted by /u/Mike066
    [link] [comments]

    Would it make sense for me to start Wrath of the Druids during the main story? Why/why not?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    Not bothered about spoilers for either story, but I was thinking of starting the DLC after doing Oxenefordscire and maybe Lunden. Are there any story reasons that I should or shouldn't do this?

    submitted by /u/Uncle_Sock
    [link] [comments]

    AC Syndicate: Doesn't anyone care that I'm running over civilians?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    I try to avoid it as much as possible but in high-speed persuits, it's pretty much impossible.

    And the people who fall into the Thames when I jump on their boat.

    submitted by /u/el-magnoona
    [link] [comments]

    The romance seems so lackluster right now

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:57 AM PDT

    Why are the romance scenes in Ac Valhalla and Odyssey so unfinished?coz there used to be good cutscenes for romance until origins.

    submitted by /u/Ezio-vatsa
    [link] [comments]

    Just made the unfortunate discovery that Stone Cairns/ Stacking have made a return in Wrath of the Druids

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    I dunno, maybe this is good news for some, but I remember seeing near Universal hate for these when the game first came out so I think it's very surprising the devs decided to keep them in for the DLC.

    submitted by /u/Exitoverhere
    [link] [comments]

    I tried and completed my first games of Assassin's Creed through the Kenway series (AC3, AC4, Rogue)

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    I'm getting back into gaming after a long time since I was a kid with my Wii. I bought a Switch and had heard a lot of great stuff about Black Flag and it was on a pretty great sale so I thought why not. Then, someone told me that the characters involved are related to AC3 so I got that as well.

    The storytelling is amazing. I got so invested in Edward's story and I sobbed at the end. Then I went through something similar with AC3 for Haytham and Connor. It feels a little disjointed but the complexity of the two characters makes it worth it. Rogue does a pretty neat job of tying the two games together. Sadly, Switch is my only main console right now so the most I can do is hope Ubisoft ports The Ezio Collection to it. If they do, I can't wait to get into that as well.

    Sorry if I come across as a lame guy living under a rock for talking about something 7-8 years old, but man I've fallen in love with the concept and ideologies of the Assassins vs Templars arc and the way they fit a fictional significance of them in numerous historical events is so cool.

    submitted by /u/rn3122
    [link] [comments]

    Dag bothers me [spoiler?]

    Posted: 13 May 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    I just finished A Brewing Storm, and my god. Dag is like a void where writing was supposed to be. And whenever he is on screen, Eivor is pulled right into that void.

    From the first moment he started disagreeing with Eivor, I thought he would be an interesting character. Jealousy is very human, after all, and if you can write a character to appear human, you've done very well.

    But he was instantly flanderized into just being jealous. And the writing did nothing to help with that. He wasn't even unreasonable until the fight, but Eivor never gives him any information. Never corrects him when he accuses Eivor of not caring about Sigurd and the clan.

    It's like that trope where it could have been solved by talking, but Eivor just refuses. So frustrating. I really do not understand why they wrote both characters like this when they're interacting. Eivor also constantly seems really pissed at Dag, but never expresses anything about what he thinks of Dag. During the fight, Eivor is very much himself again, but why did it take until that point?

    Honestly, having typed all this out, I don't even think my problem is all that much with Dag, but with Eivor, but only when he's interacting with Dag.

    submitted by /u/Grenyn
    [link] [comments]

    An attempt at compiling a grammar of the Isu language

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I wanted to share with you guys a document concerning the Isu language. I am aware that a lot of work has already been done in this area, but as a graduate student in linguistics, and being a conlang/conworld creator (I create fictional languages myself), I thought I might be able to add something useful to the discussion. I spent an entire week analysing the language, and an additional two days for a video to give a general idea of the grammar of the language.

    I ended up writing somewhat of a pseudo-academic thesis. You can see the current state of the grammar from here, but please do keep in mind that this is a very unfinished draft, and includes speculations, and quite possibly, errors. The current version is v.0.0.1, which means that this is the absolute first draft of the document, and a lot of the things are missing; I plan to add them in the near future.

    Considering all the existing works on this topic, I think I will try to analyse the language from an academic standpoint (not to say that the existing materials does not hold up academically), by looking at many different aspects of the language such as phonology, morphology, syntax and typology, as well as by comparing it to the real-life languages by which it was reportedly inspired. I don't think I've been able to follow all the discussion about the language in this subreddit either, so there could be a lot of things that is known to be obvious which I haven't realised (my analysis up to this point has been done mostly independently, and to be honest, I'm just starting to look into other people's takes on the conlang). I'll do my best to keep up.

    This is just a fan project, which has not been approved by Ubisoft or the creator of the language, Antoine Henry. No copyright infringement intended.

    In any case, I hope this will be fun for some of you guys to look through. Also, I hope I'm not breaking the sub's rules here; judging from the fact that other posts on the same topic are not marked as spoiler, I didn't think this post qualifies as spoiler, but I could be wrong.

    submitted by /u/Tormis_Marzith_Narno
    [link] [comments]

    Did Odyssey or Valhalla ever follow up on simulation theory? (Spoilers)

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    I remember Origins revealed that the whole world was a simulation and that this informed the First Civilization's worldview. Did Odyssey or Valhalla ever explain this further? I know Odyssey had simulations that layla could use.

    submitted by /u/PostNuclearWombat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment