• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Replayed AC Unity recently and decided to make some inspired artwork: "The Toppling" by Joseph Feely

    Assassin's Creed Replayed AC Unity recently and decided to make some inspired artwork: "The Toppling" by Joseph Feely


    Replayed AC Unity recently and decided to make some inspired artwork: "The Toppling" by Joseph Feely

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    Mr Men books are for children. Assassin's Creed is not and never should be

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    Just finished Valhalla, and it's re-ignited my love for assassins creed

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    I'm gonna be blunt, I'm one of the people who hated Odyssey. For me Odyssey killed Assassins Creed, but Valhalla took that corpse and revived like a goddamn 20th level Cleric.

    I never thought I'd say this after Odyssey, but I am genuinely excited for the next Assassins Creed game.

    submitted by /u/Twoklawll
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone just love the opening sequence of Black Flag?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    To be fair, this is the only Assassins Creed game I played and Valhalla. I do not regret choosing IV

    Also the opening sequence to Black flag with Blackbeard makes me want to climb Mt Everest. I just miss these old cinematic when it focused so much more on the QUALITY of what's to come and focus of the game and hype other than the "graphics" of "frame rate" component you know ?

    Anyone feel the same. I've been listening to it on repeat lmao as I type this.

    submitted by /u/OpiumSmoke
    [link] [comments]

    Funny thing happened in Repton.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 02:34 AM PDT

    I live in Derbyshire, just a couple of villages down from Repton. I'd popped out a couple of days ago to run some errands and started getting hungry, so stopped at one of the shops in Repton for a can of coke and a bag of crisps.

    I bumped into an American tourist who looked rather confused and lost. I asked if I could help him. He asked me "Was this the same Repton as in Assassins Creed: Valhalla?"

    I told him that it was and what was it he was looking for?

    He basically went on as to why this little hole-in-the-wall village was included in such a AAA title as AC: V as it didn't make any sense?

    I went into a little bit of history, how Repton used to be the capital of Mercia once upon a time but unlike York, was now just a sleepy little hamlet in the middle of the countryside. And the thing it's known for the most is the private school where Jeremy Clarkson once attended.

    I also explained to him that if he wanted to find out more local history, to look at Derventio (Derby) which wasn't included on the Valhalla map, but was the next big city along and nestled between Leicester, Nottingham and York - it changed hands a lot between Roman and Viking times (still unsure as to why it wasn't included in game).

    So even though he expected Repton to be more than what it was, he sounded like he was excited to find out more stuff. Also pointed him towards the city museum that has a ton of Roman/Saxon/Viking remains.

    It's kinda sad that my area is so steeped in the story of Valhalla, and I kinda expect to see more tourists looking for stuff...but we just don't have the tourist setup that places like York has :/

    submitted by /u/synystagaming
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] (Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla) Seems like you really have to buy the dlcs.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    I started playing AC about 2 months before Valhalla. I went all in, and bought every game. I decidedly to start with Origins, and then Odyssey. I did this because I was too impatient to play Valhalla. I also decided to play the dlc's After I beat Valhalla, so I would have something to go back to while waiting for the Valhalla dlc, but first I would play the previous games, so I did. Now I've just started the dlc for Odyssey, and realized how important to the story it is. I guess I just assumed they would be extra missions, and just something to have fun with. I just thought I'd share this, and see if anybody has any thoughts on this subject.

    I realize how unusual the order that I played these games is, but thats what I did.

    submitted by /u/Zookster87
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla is too long and Ubisoft should really consider shortening these games down.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:29 AM PDT

    I am a bit of a completionist and am collecting/completing every side quest/ location and wealth in a region before moving on(even the small chests). I am 165 hours in and am left with Hamtinscire, Snotinghamscire, Winchester and the whole region back in Ireland. I have already taken 1-2 breaks from this before returning and enjoying the game again but IMO these games are becoming too long for their own good. I finished The Last of US series, Inmortal Fenyx Rising, Mafia definitive edition while continuing to play every now and then am amazed to see I am still 4-5 regions away from completing the thing.

    I never managed to complete Odyssey, as there were too many question marks and I got burnt out at the point where we meet that old lady where she tells us that she took Deimos.

    Is there a new approach to this games I should follow as Ubisoft seems intent on getting making these games bigger with every sequel.

    submitted by /u/Kaladin12543
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla is good - surprisingly good!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:44 PM PDT

    I've played assassin's Creed since 1. Peaked with brotherhood imo. Didn't like 3 and went downhill since then, with the exception of black flag. Origins was a massive step back into the right direction, I feel they faltered with odyssey, felt like more of the same, fully expected to feel the same with Valhalla but I don't and I'm not sure why .. the combat feels good, the world is beautiful.

    The writing... Always needs work. There's sparks of potential like when Oswald says "oh that's good" in flyting... But somehow always misses the mark.

    Either way - huge step up from Odyssey and back on direction that Origins soft reboot took us on. I'm loving it.

    Any protips? What is the point of upgrading the jomsviking hall?

    submitted by /u/shittybeef69
    [link] [comments]

    People who went back and played the Ezio games after playing the new games, what did you think?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    I have a buddy who just got Valhalla as pretty much his first single player game ever. He's really enjoying it (which I'm glad about. I don't personally love Valhalla but I'm glad he is) and asking me what to get next.

    I've recommended a bunch of games but I'm wondering if I should have him go back and play the older games. II and brotherhood are some of my personal favorites but I've been playing the series since release, and I'm not sure if he would enjoy them by picking up games 10 years in the other direction. For people who played Origins, odyssey, Valhalla first, what did you think of the older games if you went back to play them?

    submitted by /u/chaamp33
    [link] [comments]

    Will this Black Flag sequel become a game?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    I'm hearing about this alleged sequel to Black Flag in a Manga form. Anyone think it's possibly Ubisoft might use this as a blue print for a potential sequel?

    I'm currently relaying AC 4 and, man, it has one of the best stories of the series, and its dialogue is top-notch. Definitely deserves a sequel. I very surprised how beautiful this game looks given its age. Can't image what it would look like with next gen capabilities.

    submitted by /u/Theoson
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts on where the next Assassins' Creed game should be [Spoilers]

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    So I've been thinking, where will the next AC game take place? I mean there has been so much in Europe and a little in North America, but where will the next be? I feel like the next should be somewhere away from Europe to make more original content like with odyssey, the new style of religion and landscape.

    Asia would be awesome because

    1. New religions and Templars

    2. New cultures/ethnicity
      ~There would be new buildings adding to the assassin style of gameplay. Like different layouts of forts and roof tops to parkour around.
      ~WAY different weapons. Like katanas, Naginatas and Sais.
      ~The armor would be interesting too based on the time; Mongolian/Genghis Khan time of armor, Samurai armor and more ninja like and adding to stealth

    3. The story line
      ~It would probably involve the Mongolian Empire or Silk Road for how its involved with the whole Templar vs Assassin theme
      ~If the silk road it could have the similar opening to Odyssey with poor main character left poor with a broken weapon of past (like the spear in odyssey) and continues as a mercenary fixing the weapon as time goes on. Then learning of their past, and the animus would be similar as all the others.
      ~The MC would likely have a hawk, and most Mongolians train and hunt with their hawks in nomadic land so that would fit. The "Broken spear", like in odyssey would possibly be a broken blade (broken into a dagger, to be fixed along the way, reformed into the sword or repaired as dagger
      ~The rest would be like Valhalla; Has personal goes for something (probably about past/ helping in Mongolian Empire as mercenary like in odyssey) with the Assassins helping along the way (gets the hidden blade, or like in odyssey keeps broken blade). Then helps the Assassins in return by hunting "The Order".

    4. The map
      ~Could be a costal map with Japan and Korea involved or just that being a DLC.
      ~The map would most likely have The Silk Road though.

    If you have any ideas id be glad to hear them

    Also please don't spoil AC Valhalla if you have any suggestions, for I'm only half way through.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/thomasw1lks
    [link] [comments]

    Chainmail armor for AC: Valhalla

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    Title.

    I may be beating a dead horse with this post, so sorry in advance. The armor sets are getting a little too absurd for my taste, and I'd like them to lean a bit more towards historical accuracy. Chainmail armor would be a most welcome addition to the game. I'm not a game developer so I don't know the technical difficulties of creating armor but I would think historically accurate armor would be fairly simple since there's not really much complexity to it. Of course, everyone has their own tastes. Anyways, thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/dtb301
    [link] [comments]

    10 years later and Spotify still ranks AC3 music in my Spotify Rewinds

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    The title says it all. Ten years later, I'm still listening to the Main Theme, Connor's Life, Trouble in Town, Farewell, and so many of the other great tracks in this game.

    I'm of the [unpopular] opinion that this game was fantastic, and I think what makes so many of the emotional moments resonate was Lorne Balfe's incredible soundtrack. I can't help but to listen to tracks like "What Came Before" without feeling the mystery and awe I had for the Isu ten years ago. It felt like a legitimate mystery that I was solving- and I just had to know more.

    What about you? Which AC soundtrack has kept you company, long after you've put the game away?

    submitted by /u/IC_Film
    [link] [comments]

    Does Valhalla consistently not make use of the characters on screen? (spoilers)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:48 PM PDT

    Just finished the Leicestershire arc. We had king Burgred, who I believe is a notable historical figure, being forced to hand over his crown to a traitor, Ceolwulf, someone I've also heard of before. We had the infamous sons of Ragnar. We had all these massive characters in a single room. I feel like the potential for interesting dialogue was through the roof here! I thought something genuinely interesting was going to happen when Burgred was acting odd, but he takes a slap to the face and is just 'ya sorry here you go.' Idk, I'm tired. But I feel like an occasion like that merited so much more story than what we got. There's the potential for so much interesting politics in this game but it doesn't seem to be making use of any of it. Is this consistent throughout the game?

    submitted by /u/Knight451
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Setting in AC? And Why?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:12 AM PDT

    Personally my favorite has to be Constantinople in AC Revelations. I felt like that setting had a relaxing feel to it, just waking around the city and taking in all the vibrant colors and unique buildings, it really stood out to me compared to for example, Rome in AC Brotherhood, which imo, felt a little bland and nothing really wowed me. I mean, The Colosseum was cool but nothing really stood out to me in Rome. The idea of Rome as an assassin's creed setting is awesome but idk, what do u guys think?

    Paris in AC Unity was astonishing and the graphics were way ahead of its time as well.

    submitted by /u/Tyler791
    [link] [comments]

    Question - Altair's Robes and Armor

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:55 AM PDT

    Ive got a Interesting question that I haven't seen answered directly in the games, and I cant seem to find any good answers online. In Assassins creed 1 the Levantine Assassin Robes have armor plates on their Arms, Specifically On the arm that the Hidden Blade is used. You see multiple assassins in masyaf with different number of plates on their gauntlets. does this signify rank in the brotherhood? What does it mean exactly? if it does signify rank, then when Altair gets demoted why does his hidden blade retain the armor? idk maybe I'm just looking too far into it. Any ideas or head cannon to explain this?

    Photo - Altair's Hidden Blade

    submitted by /u/K1NGSCAR
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of AC Valhalla soundtrack bu Einar Selvik?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    Anyone else loves the soundtrack of AC Valhalla and old folks music ?

    submitted by /u/Sil3ntSt0rm1
    [link] [comments]

    Ezio + Connor outfit for black flag

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    I know blag flag at this point is 8 years old but still one of my favourite games to date and I've been trying to 100% it.

    I have AC 2 and BF on steam and I have AC 1 and 3 on ubisoft. I have only been able to get one of the outfits you get for playing previous games.

    Would I have to own 3 previous AC games on steam (the same platform as black flag) or would playing them on the same ubisoft account be enough. Any ideas appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SAMitchell296
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment