• Breaking News

    Monday, April 5, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Happy Easter 🐣 here is our final Valka cosplay

    Assassin's Creed Happy Easter �� here is our final Valka cosplay


    Happy Easter �� here is our final Valka cosplay

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    I wish assasins creed was more about the assassinations rather then the combat

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    Played Valhalla lately and the sneaking feels so punishing without reason like the hide feature with the coat if it would work more like the new Hitman rather then like hitman absolution. That's it I guess.

    submitted by /u/FertilityFapper
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed III's Main Story would've been better if the Homestead Missions were a part of it instead of side content

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 10:04 PM PDT

    One recurring criticism of AC Valhalla that I've seen is that it's too long. I haven't played the game yet myself, but a lot of people on this sub have said that many of the mandatory missions in the campaign should've been made into side content.

    I wonder, though, if ACIII's main story would've benefitted from the opposite happening: side content being made mandatory story missions, extending the individual sequences. I'm referring to the Homestead Missions, which were amazing and, IMO, rival the Dark Brotherhood from Oblivion as some of the best side content in a AAA game.

    My reasons are thus:

    1) The missions are already tied to the main story- you unlock more only after you've progressed through the main path.

    2) They present a thematic accompaniment to the main story- as Connor is trying to free a nation from servitude he is simultaneously creating a new "mini nation". They consequently make a good endcap to every sequence.

    3) Major events like retrieving Achille's suit and Achille's death are in them. In the main story, he literally randomly disappears and you're left wondering what happened.

    4) The biggest of them all, Connor's personality actually show here. He's constantly brooding and angry in the campaign (rightfully so), and it's nice to see him show joy, sadness, and other emotes here.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/RedtheGamer100
    [link] [comments]

    Old style of game or new Style?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    I was thinking about this earlier today on how assassins creed has changed over the years, so I wanted other people's opinion. What I mean by old style of game over new is How assassins creed was made, do people prefer the style like the original through syndicate or do people prefer the new style games like origins onward?

    submitted by /u/ucfguy323
    [link] [comments]

    Seeing the Roman ruins in Valhalla makes me want an AC game in Roman during it's apex

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 12:15 PM PDT

    Ideally, for the next game but at least at some point. And I feel it's one of the few great settings we haven't seen fully (I know Origins takes place during that time with plenty of Roman influence to be seen in Alexandria but I want a full Roman game).

    And I think they could bring back the one city setting (and maybe DLC and explore other areas of the empire) and just fully flesh out Rome.

    But seeing all the ruins and collapsed temples and worn out buildings we see in Valhalla, showing Roman Britain's past makes me yearn to be fully immersed in that setting.

    I'm a bit spoiled because I already got my dream AC game for Odyssey (I'm a Hellenist and classical Greece is my favorite period as a history buff too) but I've always said that I wished they could have a game set during the Pax Romana in Rome and during the Macedonian Renaissance in Constantinople. Just a dream, but I think it could tie in a lot as well for the franchise.

    submitted by /u/Vagabond_Tea
    [link] [comments]

    3rd Expansion for Valhalla “Meteor” Leaked?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Loving Valhalla and wanted to write about it!

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! I've been a long time AC fan and I recently started a blog where I pair up video games with scotches. My most recent post is about Valhalla (which I easily put over 100hours into) and paired it up with Talisker Storm. Would love to share my love for this game with y'all and love to hear what you think of my review on Valhalla! Skol! https://storymodescotch.com/2021/03/10/assassins-creed-valhalla-and-talisker-storm/

    submitted by /u/jdam0074
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any cloaks without animal fur or big shoulderpads? (AC Valhalla)

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    I'm not liking how so many cloaks have huge metal shoulderpads on them, it looks heavy and not very sneaky. As for animal furs, it just looks kinda ragged and caveman-like. Are there any cloaks that are just slim and subtle with nothing on the shoulders?

    submitted by /u/WizardofIce
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Al Tabai considered a legendary mentor

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    I'm replaying AC rouge and somewhere in database Al Tabai is considered a legendary mentor I know he trained Edward and Adawale but what actually makes him legendary and do they mean as legendary as Altair and Ezio or legendary for his era

    submitted by /u/ZegetaX1
    [link] [comments]

    [Spolier] Kassandra/Alexios importance

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    What is the point in Alexios/Kassandra being revealed to be immortal in Odyssey with the staff.

    I know it was because they held the staff and this passed to Layla, but did they not really miss an opportunity to have her have been pulling all the strings in the background with the Assassins? Did I miss something?

    submitted by /u/RDMundy89
    [link] [comments]

    I really don't care about the story in Odyssey

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    I'm halfway through the game and I don't feel invested in the whole story, I don't feel like this is a serious war or how the whole Greek world is in danger, they just put this silly music in the background of all the conversations in the game that takes away all the serious stuff and I can't take it seriously.

    You enter Athens and you want to meet the leader of the army and the city, and it is just some guy wearing the same clothes as every NPC just screaming at a five people crowd.

    You see Kassandra's sad backstory with all the cliff stuff with the flashback, and it's just the mother saying... Oh no, how can you do this... then she pushes the priest with the baby... And then someone says, well... Kill her, oh no... It's nothing like khemu in origins where you could feel the wrath in bayek's words.

    In the other games I felt like my enemies were all this unreachable men, too powerful to be touched, and here... Everyone feels like the same silly dude walking around.

    I don't know how the story ends but it's just so weird that I really don't care about anything in here, let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/jpfuentes12
    [link] [comments]

    Unity prequel playing as Thomas De Carneillon would be cool?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 03:17 PM PDT

    So I've just finished playing Unity (including the dead kings DLC) to have a break from Valhalla before finishing it and play an old style AC game that I haven't played before. I love Thomas De Carneillon's Assassin robes (probably my favourite out of all of the robes in the series) and I'm pretty interested in his background, story and how he fought the Templar knights. I think it would be pretty cool to have a prequel to Unity where we play as him, thoughts?

    submitted by /u/therealabrupt
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft will never be able to top origins.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    Origins is the best game since AC black flag and the ezio trilogy for me, and i don't believe they can top its charcters, story, or open world.

    Odyssey and valhalla are good and I'd say more fun in gameplay terms, but they don't capture the magic and the intrigue of origins did.

    Origins just had something about it, maybe its because it felt like a fresh air after the cesspool of unity and syndicate. Bayek is easily top 3 most likeable charcters in the series and the world is absolutely gorgeous.

    Ubisoft set that as their standard for the new RPG games and i don't think they'll be able to top it.

    submitted by /u/Yeetisdeef
    [link] [comments]

    AC valhalla ps4 controller guide

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 11:27 PM PDT

    Can someone please suggest me their ps4 controller guide for valhalla, the one with game is very confusing, and i tried to change myself but the controls are messing up the game. Help please. TIA

    submitted by /u/hossainomar
    [link] [comments]

    My opinion on the cinematic trailers

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    I'll give you my top three.

    Between the ezio trilogy, I can't decide which one is the best, in all all honesty. Between the gunshot in the trailer for two, or the raw fighting the revelations trailer. They are all equally amazing, so I have to have them all tie for third. (I know everyone loves the revelations trailer but hold your britches)

    In second place, I have to give it up for 3. Connor just fucking yeeting himself through a god damn line of solders firing on him to just thwack a Templar with that bad ass axe (coolest weapon in the series imo) was just a damn beautiful sight to see when I was younger.

    In first place... I have to give it to Unity. That trailer is sheer perfection. The details still hold up to this day and the music fits perfectly with the brutal action sequences. The shot of them just vanishing before the revolution breaks through the wall is just... fantastic.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/DrunkenPunchline
    [link] [comments]

    My main problem with Unity's customization

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 03:35 PM PDT

    I really like Unity's customization. I just wish there was an option to remove any additional bonuses from the items so that its purely aesthetic. I really like Arno's original outfit, and I would love to rock it the entire time. But if I wanted to use a rifle or something, it would be advantageous to use other gear.

    Or I could be an idiot and there actually is an aesthetics only option, if so please inform me.

    submitted by /u/_CURATOR__
    [link] [comments]

    [Valhalla] recently come back to the game, any way to make Eivor feel as agile as previous games?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 04:45 PM PDT

    Avid AC player as you can tell from my Reddit name. Played and completed every AC bar Rogue since the original (including the original Altair PSP spinoff lol) but Valhalla burned me out. Not a thread to complain about the various issues as we all know what they are and we either prefer the old (Ezio era) game mechanics or the new.

    What I am noticing is that Eivor feels like a truck. He's slow, lumbering and just not agile at all. I'm wanting to parkour and run and generally just move with a bit of speed, but man he just doesn't move. Is this something I can improve, and if so, how? Is it an equipment thing? A skill? Anything? For reference i have the full Raven set, an Axe and a shield as my gear.

    Grateful for any help!

    submitted by /u/TheACmadman
    [link] [comments]

    My stealth experience in Valhalla

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 04:12 AM PDT

    My stealth experience in Valhalla

    Hi all! I'll try to write my thoughts in an orderly manner, but I'm not a huge monologue writer. And I'm not a voice of any community or fandom, I'm just a casual player who loves Assassin's Creed for it's story framework and core gameplay systems. /u/SparkedSynapse wrote a very insightful post about the problems in stealth in Valhalla. In that post i was encouraged to form my opinions in a separated post, so I will do that.

    Perspective

    In this discussion, I will compare stealth mechanics mostly to the two games which came before Valhalla. The reason is that these last three games have a lot of common gameplay elements, plainly they're quite similar.

    Origins

    When Origins released, I personally was blown away how well it handled stealth. This game utilized very restrictive rpg mechanics but at the same time kept stealth fully viable and for me very enjoyable. There are two things I really like about it. One: you still can use tools, (sleep darts, smoke bombs, poison darts) and you can get quite creative with them (example: apply sleep dart on smoked guards, throw sleep dart to fire for AoE). Two: the awareness of guards were much more threatening (line of sight, detection speed), but you had the tools to overcame these obstacles or react for your own failings. So my preferred play-style was stealth in this game and I really loved it.

    Odyssey

    This game for a lot of people is a black sheep for multiple reasons and one of them how it handles stealth. I will say I personally loved this iteration as well, when I learned how to play it. The statistics and active ability driven gameplay feels quite different to older games, since you don't have tools, and the level design not as stealth-friendly as in Origins. All that said it's not just viable, it's quite fun to play stealth (at least for me). You have multiple options to assassinate enemies with a lot of HP, you can use equipment with high crit chance attribute or you can chain abilities to deal with them (this is my preferred method because it reminds me to chaining tools in the older games). For me the enemy behavior feels like as in Origins, and I still feel I have options for fun stealth.

    Valhalla

    When I started to play Valhalla, I expected the same gameplay feel for stealth as in Origins and Odyssey. I will talk about "gameplay feel" because I don't know if I can speak about ** rules *, because if there is any, I cannot define them by playing the game. This sentences describes my core problem I think, which is the * feel of inconsistency *. There is no way to tell if you will be seen in a roof, or in ground or anywhere. And this problem applies to traditional line of sight gameplay and social stealth, which in truth mostly still line of sight based. The contextual social stealth spots are almost useless, but the funny thing is that this whole distrust area gameplay concept would work fine without it, if the detection were consistent. Since you don't know if you will be seen or not, you cannot choose actions, because in a lot of cases you don't know it the repositioning of the character or an assassination is a safe move. I will tell tough there are scenarios where you can be certain of your invisibility, but the problem is not that, the problem is that you cannot expose yourself by following gameplay rules, which means there is no * risk management **, there is only slow stealth or failing. As it stands the only viable stealth gameplay tactic now is that I try to use stealth, I will fail and hide again. This is as fun as it sounds, not the worst case but could be better. And this problem is magnified by the fact that you don't really much good options for hiding again. You can play dead, which is slow, you can use smoke bomb but in only a very specific context and it's not potent at all. I'm really dissapointed with the state of stealth because the level design and the interactivity of them tells you that it could be good, but the detection behavior wrecks it all to hell. And lastly I have to say: I don't know what the heck stealth difficulty does, if anything.

    Thank you for reading, I would like to read your opinions, and I would like to encourage you to post it if you're not satisfied with the stealth system in Valhalla. Maybe if there's no change we still can understand how it operates together.

    Have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/FreshCrumplee
    [link] [comments]

    Will they ever make games like AC 2 brotherhood or unity again?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    Just played Unity for the the first time, story wasn't great but the setting and the parkour gameplay are my favorite in the series so far. Don't really like the past 3 titles. Do you think they will ever make a linear AC game again?

    submitted by /u/Keesmooijer
    [link] [comments]

    Order members without clues? [Spoilers]

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    I would ideally like to find all the order members but I'm not good at finding the clues and even when I search the position of the person I can't find them, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Raubueno
    [link] [comments]

    My idea for a new type of AC game dynamic

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    parkour and stealth are foundational components of any AC game with some games having good parkour and others having subpar.

    my idea is that a future AC game takes a Rockstar approach and have a story line with 3 main characters, each having different parkour styles, personal weapon preference, and individual animations. doesn't matter what their personality is but one could be small that's quicker and faster, who scales buildings quickly, maybe a large bulky character who's climbing isn't as fast but has more health and hits harder and maybe a different character that's in between for balance.

    just an idea that i thought might be cool and wanted to share. happy easter

    submitted by /u/wizardbacon69
    [link] [comments]

    Are there actual builds or specialization in this game?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 01:58 AM PDT

    Around 20 hours in, don't feel like my character is getting any stronger. There's only an illusion of progression as you increase your power level. As you increase your power level, the opponents/regions change to a stronger power level, so it all just feels like the progression doesn't matter.

    And the looting aspect seemed to have just been cut. I actually liked origins and odyssey armor and weapons, but the new weapon armor system feels really lacking.

    Am I missing something in the game?

    I was really hyped at first because at first glance, it seemed the level progression page was really rich and reminded me of Path of Exile. But now it all just feels like it doesn't matter. The game honestly feels really boring to play. I might as well have watched a playthrough of the game, or maybe just read the plot points.

    Odyssey was fun, Valhalla just doesn't feel like anything. Just "meh...".

    submitted by /u/Morghon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment