• Breaking News

    Monday, March 15, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Thought I’d try a modern redesign of Edward and Adewale

    Assassin's Creed Thought I’d try a modern redesign of Edward and Adewale


    Thought I’d try a modern redesign of Edward and Adewale

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 09:57 AM PDT

    For a Viking game, having the game punish the player for killing civilians is rather odd.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    In the previous Assassin's Creed games it made sense why the player couldn't kill NPC's without repercussions. One of the tenants of the creed is to never harm innocents. However, Evior isn't an Assassin. Evior is a viking, that throughout the game, raids and steals from others. Evior, but all accounts, is not a good person. She cares for her clan, but that doesn't make her a good person. As such, having the game punish the player for killing Innocent people is very perplexing as that is what Vikings did.

    submitted by /u/Prplehuskie13
    [link] [comments]

    I actually prefer the RPG trilogy to the legacy games

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    It's actually become the unpopular opinion to say you prefer the RPG trilogy as opposed to the legacy games

    Every day there's another post on this sub going "Hey guys, I know this is very unpopular but I actually think the Ezio games are better than the new ones" and than all the comments are like "Yes king!! I agree 💯💯💯❗️❗️" and than the next day we see another post saying "unpopular opinion but I prefer the ezio games..."

    Well guess what? I prefer the RPG trilogy. I feel like the replayablity, world design, quest design, and variety of play types makes the series better, I have had more fun in the last three games than all the other AC's combined and I've played them all, IMO the RPG trilogy is more dynamic and has way more depth to it. The parkour is a bit toned down but you can still play as an assassin, but you can also chose to play as a heavy warrior with a 2 handed axe that throws stealth out the door if you wanted. With the legacy games you were relegated to just being a stealthy assassin. I like the agency and freedom of the new games.

    Oh and guess what? I enjoy Grindy loot hunting RPG's in general.

    submitted by /u/Baphomet3698
    [link] [comments]

    Here's my guitar cover of the Main Theme from Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I've always loved the music from the AC franchise and the Valhalla soundtrack didn't disappoint!

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 06:31 PM PDT

    The Top 5 AC games to visit

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    MY choices

    1. AC Origins: Egypt and Rome. ROMA INVICTA, I love classical Rome and ancient Egypt this hits me where I live. No questions best time period
    2. AC: The Levant. This is where I focused my studies in Archeology in college. Although I was digging up late bronze age in Tel Megiddo, I was always interested in the history of Jerusalem and the Crusades. Big fan of Kingdom of Heaven film.
    3. AC 4 Black Flag: Golden Age of Piracy in Caribbean. I mean who wouldn't want to be in that beautiful scenery partying with Blackbeard. Yo ho ho
    4. AC 2: Italy. I mean man this game was beautiful. I've been to Firenze and Venezia and would loved to have seen it in its prime during the Renaissance.
    5. AC Unity: Paris. Honestly this game is beautiful and makes a very dangerous revolutionary Paris look fun to hang around. Plus I would enjoy witnessing the rise of Napoleon.

    Let me know what you guys think and post your own, no wrong answers.

    submitted by /u/SpicyKabobMountain
    [link] [comments]

    What outfit is Ezio wearing on the cover of Revelations?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    Is he wearing the original grey with the master assassin armor? I can't tell a hundred percent cos the hood in the cover looks a little golden while the rest of the outfit looks slightly blue grey. I'm wondering cos if that's it, that's what I'll wear when I beat the final sequence.

    submitted by /u/Kubrick379
    [link] [comments]

    (Valhalla Spoilers) Who are the 9?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 03:03 PM PDT

    So 9 isu "gods" were reincarnated as humans:

    Odin-> Eivor

    Tyr -> Sigurd

    Loki -> Basim

    Freyja- > Svala

    Thor -> Halfdan

    Who are the other 4?

    submitted by /u/steadyachiever
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on some game details / recommendation

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Unpopular opinion, I really enjoyed the mythology and fantasy aspects they added with Odyssey, I've heard that Valhalla is much more "grounded" in reality comparatively speaking, Does it still have some Mythology / Fantasy to find in the world? I really like Norse culture so it would be a shame if they didn't utilize it.

    Odyssey is the only AC game I've enjoyed, apart from Black Flag. Maybe I'll steer back into the Witcher for a 3rd playthrough haha

    submitted by /u/Mercinarie
    [link] [comments]

    {SPOILER} A Brief History Of The Hidden Ones

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    AC VALHALLA. So I got all the codex pages, brought them to hytham...and he said that reda needs to decipher them. I got the life of me can't seem to figure out what to do next. Every time I talk to reda there's nothing available and deciphering the pages and the quest won't go away. I've beat every other quest except this one. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/nuttsy7n
    [link] [comments]

    You know what's disappointing? Not seeing the isu vault from syndicate in valhalla.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    It would be amazing seeing the vault or at least the door in 9th century england but no the devs just let it go.

    EDIT: I misunderstood the whole thing sorry. Read u/jascaducato comment to understand.

    submitted by /u/wael_ke
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed take set in Scotland?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 04:55 PM PDT

    I may be a little biased because of where im from but I think Scotland would be a perfect setting for an assassins creed game. Either in the wars of independence era featuring William Wallace and Robert the Bruce or the Jacobite movement in the 1700s. The English would be templars obviously lol. But the setting is familiar due to Braveheart and the assassin's motivations would also make sense

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Mango80
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with Plunder 70 Silver

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    Please help me. I suck at destroying ships this is the first assains Creed game I've played and I love it.

    Anyways we need 70 metal pieces.

    These ships the controls the cannons swivels are new to me it hurts because I cannot get past this damn part fuck man.

    I just want to get past this part and enjoy the game. Ofher ships chase me I hit rocks, I try weakpoints and as soon as I get the health low I get desychronized. I've been trying for two fucking hours now.

    Ive played many games why is this so hard I don't understand the mechanics and it feels like I'm driving a ship and it's so damn hard to move and speed up dodging while swivel. Help me please any advice I just want the 70 silver and move on. I need to sleep for work soon. This is my last attempt.

    EDIT: Black Flag IV PS4 never played the other ones my first time I don't understand the mechanics and those ships are so high level

    submitted by /u/OpiumSmoke
    [link] [comments]

    I would like to share this post about a possible AC game based in Lithuania, as a Lithuanian myself i can confidently say that cities like Klaipėda, Kaunas and Vilnius all show perfect architecture for AC.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    I didn't make this post, but it sums it uo quite well, give it a read https://assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Zofaran/Lithuanian_Assassin%27s

    submitted by /u/KristupasChrisV
    [link] [comments]

    is there censorship on the german version?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    i just saw some videos of ACV and i noticed that there is way more blood in those videos then in my version of the game. also some finisher moves are missing, and in the "Madman" Execution (where eivor puts the madman on fire) there is no fire showing up... anyone expierence the same?

    submitted by /u/DrCannabis1992
    [link] [comments]

    How to 100% ac Valhalla as I’m stuck at 91.27%

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    Hello, does anyone know how to get 100% total completion as I have platted the game, got all the god weapons, done all the Hunter delivery's and all the fish ones except the ones with big flatfish and mackerel as I can't find them, I've got all the opals in the game and done everything to do with the river raids and my overall completion is on 91.27% so I'm stumped as to what could be left that's worth almost 9%, any ideas on what I could have left would be much appreciated thanks

    submitted by /u/legs9248
    [link] [comments]

    A Collection For The Layla Trilogy?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    Does anyone think we will get a trilogy collection with the Layla games? Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla.

    It would work like the Ezio collection and my question is if it maybe could be an interesting thing if Ubisoft made the games run better on the new consoles? Like with 60fps and other upgrades.

    submitted by /u/Alfredz_666
    [link] [comments]

    Bridging The Gap: Legacy Assassin's Creed VS RPG Trilogy

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    *Disclaimer: I realize that the incoming idea would be difficult for game devs to design so we likely won't get this, but let a man dream.*

    A lot of posts here ultimately devolve into whether you prefer the first four, middle five, or the most recent three kinds of games. I think the future of Assassin's Creed can take from all of them to create something we can all be happy with. Paragraphs inbound, here's how Ubisoft would do it if I ran the company:

    - Main Characters, Storylines, and the World:
    The older games of Assassin's Creed have overarching narratives throughout games, be it direct sequels like Ezio got, or connections like Ezio and Altair, the Kenway family, or even Arno and Shay. The RPG games usually have one character in each game, as Ubisoft have told us they no longer are interested in doing sequels.

    However, since the newer games are such massive stories compared to the older ones, we could fairly easily tell the entire story of the RPG characters. Since we are no longer in-universe limited to ancestral memory recordings (like Desmond no longer being able to live through Altair's memories after he had a child with Maria) this is possible. It would be like if you combined the three Ezio games and had them all in one, massive story, giving approximately 46.5 hours of story-length gameplay in one game (according to this article). This doesn't take into account optional side content or DLCs of these games. This kind of main story content is objectively better than any side quest, whether it's world events in Valhalla or tracking down feathers in the older games. The other example that could be used: in AC Origins, instead of having Bayek travel through Origins' massive world making up for playtime, that could've been used to instead give us the Bayek "sequel" as another arc in the game itself.

    This sets up my next point: in the older games, the setting would take place in smaller, denser cities, with perhaps a bit of countryside placed (like in the first three games). Meanwhile, in the RPG trilogy, you have a few cities with fairly low verticality, and then a lot of countryside with camps, caves, and other exploration activities. While both designs have flaws and advantages, I believe the next AC game should have multiple large, dense cities, with some surrounding countryside. To continue with the Ezio Trilogy combination example, we would have a map that consisted of large cities like Florence, Venice, Rome, and Istanbul, along with other countryside like Tuscany, Forli, and even Cappadocia. In the Bayek example, we still have the larger cities like Thebes, Memphis, Alexandria, etc, and with the addition of Rome. However, I would add more details and more exploration opportunities within the cities to cut out some of the open world fluff.

    Gameplay and In-Game Storytelling:
    From a gameplay perspective, older AC games consisted of a strong emphasis on social stealth, animation-based combat, and a movement system that, while not friendly to new players (the amount of times it took for me to beat Federico to the top of the church when I first played AC2), is ultimately a rewarding system with a lot of player agency. The middle bunch of AC games saw a lot of that player agency going away, whether it was taking away advanced movement options like taking away ledge grabs and ejects, and replacing them with "safe parkour" that doesn't let you jump off of buildings. Many people agree that, visually, Unity had the best looking parkour. In the RPG games, the parkour has basically been thrown by the wayside, now used as a way to get from point A to point B, with very little player agency/control, and not a lot of risk/reward. However, it is very new player friendly, which attracts a strong casual audience that keeps game developers in business.

    The story format has also clearly changed. The older games had you experience a linear narrative, while the RPG Trilogy has dialog options. The inclusion of dialog options makes it harder to write a consistent character (ie Kassandra/Alexios being mean to one person while being nice to another for no reason other than player discretion), and it makes it a bit more difficult to set up the beats of storytelling in a meaningful way (ie most of your choices in Odyssey and Valhalla not meaning anything in the grand scheme of the plot), as well as the writers having to, at the end, select the "canon" ending, which may not match the choices you made in the first place. However, they do offer good replay value when done right, and give the player more agency in selecting the path they deem best for the character they are controlling.

    For the parkour and storytelling format, I believe that Ubisoft can learn from what they have already done in Valhalla. For a lot of older players in the series, bringing back instant kill assassinations via the accessibility setting was a huge win, and those who didn't want it could turn it off and also enjoy the game. The same can be done with parkour, and dialog options. You can have a setting that turns on either simple parkour, like the newer games, or advanced parkour that gives you more agency like the older ones. You can have one "canon option" that removes all dialog options and tells you the story the way the developers intend it, or you can play with dialog options, and since the devs don't have to worry about potentially any choice having to be canon, they can go as weird and wild as they want with the games direction and ending, resulting in even more enhanced replayability value. I realize this is getting really long now, thanks for reading, but you could even have animation-based combat of the older games or the hitbox-based combat of the newer ones.

    TLDR: Give us lots of big cities to explore instead of empty copy-paste countryside, give us the full lives of the characters stories that we are playing since you refuse to give us sequels, and give us accessibility/difficulty options for combat and parkour, like you gave for Valhalla's instant assassinate.

    submitted by /u/DrUziPhD
    [link] [comments]

    20+ hours into Valhalla, here are my thoughts.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    First off, I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. I don't come to this sub very often and just wanted to voice my opinion, even if it means no one will care to read it.

    I'll start out with the good. Valhalla is a fine game. I'm invested in the story, as I don't know much about Vikings or Anglo-Saxons. I like the characters so far, and the main character is interesting enough. I enjoy the visuals of the combat, and the cinematic "stun kills".

    Now the bad. everything else outside of the main story is meh. The side quests or "World Events" I've done so far feel hollow and uninspired. It's annoying that everything in your immediate area upon arriving in London appears to be hundreds of Power Levels ahead of you, meaning you can't raid and level up your settlement at your own pace. They give you the hidden blade, but sneaking around as a Viking is damn near impossible (I'll admit that maybe it's my fault for not being sneaky enough). Why bother being stealth when I can blow the old raid horn and just slaughter my way through a camp? The bird you get in this game is useless. The combat itself is meh, (other than the visuals as i mentioned before). I HATE the stamina bar, I don't care if it "makes the game more challenging". It's a single player game, give me the option to turn it on or off. I'm glad they give you 2 skill points per level because the skill tree has so many options it makes The Cheesecake Factory's menu look like a joke. The abilities in this game overall are meh. I find myself forgetting that they're even there.

    I'm going to finish the game because despite my laundry list of criticisms, the game is far from unplayable. I do feel like they took about 10 steps back from Odyssey. I'm all for doing something different, and of course I expect a game about Vikings to be different from a game about Greek Warriors, but I feel like Ubisoft only released a sequel in terms of story and not gameplay. I can't think of anything that this game does that's an improvement over odyssey other than teaching your horse how to swim?

    That's just my opinion. Again, sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

    submitted by /u/BatmansBurnerAccount
    [link] [comments]

    AC: Odyssey -- Story Creator quest not available even though it says it is.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 08:30 PM PDT

    (Apologies in advance if this has been tackled many times before; I just tried to do this for the first time today) I am on my second playthrough of AC: Odyssey. Yes, I enabled Story Creator Mode. Yes, there is a square in the bottom right corner I've clicked on, "See Stories'. The search filter for 'Leather farm' comes up and 'Leather farm' says I can remove it, so that means it's added. Yet Story Log reads 0 (although 20 'Suggested' are available). Those icons show up on the map but the one I want doesn't. The website shows 'Story added to Story log (1/20)!' even though game page reads 'Your Story Log is Empty'. I've refreshed, I've made new save files, I've meditated, I've ported from Elysium and back, etc. What am I doing wrong?? Do I need to delete some of those 20 suggested quests? If so, I don't know how to delete them. I have a PS5 and downloaded the game from the store. Thank you thank you thank you!!

    submitted by /u/gitgudds3
    [link] [comments]

    After finishing the last two ac games, would you keep playing Valhalla or replay Odyssey?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 01:39 AM PST

    Hi guys, I finished Valhalla in december and odyssey about 8 months ago. Now I wanna play again one of these AC games: which one would you replay? In both games I did every mission, but never had the chance to obtain all the collectables or the armor: I am a story guy so I always finish every part of the story but never found all the treasures and things like that. What would you do if you were me? Is It fun to replay Odyssey or should I continue Valhalla with collectables (I don't wanna replay Valhalla from the beginning because I remember the story)?

    submitted by /u/matrixnowhere
    [link] [comments]

    do i have to replay ac:b for the dlc?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 06:05 AM PDT

    Hey, sorry this is kind of a technical question but i just finished ac brotherhood (97% sync so far) and i just found out that i haven't downloaded the da vinci disappearance. i've done that now but i don't know how to make the memory's available in my (almost completed) safe file. did i do something wrong or do i have to replay the whole thing if i want to play the dlc?

    submitted by /u/Chrddt
    [link] [comments]

    Question/Discussion about a gameplay/story choice (Possible spoilers)

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 11:14 AM PDT

    Just a little background; I've played the Assassin's Creed series since the original one was released. I am a bit behind because I have gotten to the point where I tend to wait for sales to purchase (failing to do this with Valhalla is a regret due to all of the bugs at launch, but I digress), and I've been playing through the full series in order of release. I'm currently playing through Origins.

    Am I the only person who finds it a big jarring when switching over to Aya during this game? Don't get me wrong, I had no issue with this stylistic choice in Syndicate as the characters were not that different and shared virtually all of the mechanics and abilities (minus a few small differences with upgrades). However in Origins, you'll randomly have a naval battle mission out of nowhere with Aya which, while this was a mechanic used in previous games, seems out of place here given that the bulk of your time is with Bayak who does not use this mechanic at all. When you do get to play as Aya, rather than just controlling a ship, her weapons and abilities are very different from Bayak's and you have no choice in them.

    Had they done something similar to Syndicate where I have access to both characters and their skill trees, weapons, etc., I think this would be less jarring. Hell, they could have let us play as Aya more often, too; which may have been part of their original intent given that some of Bayak's initial targets are killed off-screen by Aya early in the game.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game even with it ditching the "replay memory" mechanic for the full-on RPG style of play. It just seems like an odd and jarring choice the way they handled making Aya playable.

    submitted by /u/HyruleBalverine
    [link] [comments]

    Phylakitai in the Eye quest keeps vanishing

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 01:06 PM PDT

    The Phylakitai in the Eye quest icon keeps vanishing from Alexandria. Am I supposed to go in a certain time a day? Can I not use the Fast Travel to make it to Alexandria? Please help. I've searched and found nothing to answer this. Somebody else on reddit asked about this but did not appear to get an answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/7acte9/one_of_the_sidequest_dissappear_entirely_after/

    submitted by /u/HyruleBalverine
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment