• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 7, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Perfectly Legitimate Reasons to kill a Peasant in Assassin's Creed Odyssey

    Assassin's Creed Perfectly Legitimate Reasons to kill a Peasant in Assassin's Creed Odyssey


    Perfectly Legitimate Reasons to kill a Peasant in Assassin's Creed Odyssey

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:49 AM PST

    1) It is in your way.

    2) It stepped in the path of your weapon.

    3) It ran from you like you're some kind of mass murdering monster or something and made you feel bad about yourself.

    4) It didn't run from you as if you aren't worth being afraid of.

    5) It stood still staring at you..) judging you.

    6) It was worshipping at an altar) Gods aren't real, idiot.

    7) It was not worshipping at an altar..) like a heretic...

    8) It was walking around in a diaper) Have some self-respect! We are trying to class up Greece.

    9) It offered you an annoying quest.

    10) It had no quests to offer.

    11) It was not romanceable.

    12) It romanced you in a dull and uninspiring manner.

    13) You were trying to Sparta-kick-recruit it to the Adrestia to see if it had good buffs) Mistakes were made.

    14) It made you press the wrong button.

    15) It didn't warn you about incoming mercs when you weren't looking at the screen.

    16) A good lesson to the others.

    17) My bounty briefly dipped below maximum.


    19) I felt like it. (From /u/Berton710)

    20) They talked rudely to me. (From /u/TheRedOfficer66)

    21) Gotta blow off steam somehow. (From /u/I-just_dont-know)

    22) They killed my bear. (From /u/ChrisTravern)

    23) They rooted for the rooster in a fight. (From /u/hdhdhgfyfhfhrb)

    24) Mumbling, speaking unclearly, or in another language. They are obviously slandering me. (From /u/rewinderz84)

    25) I hate my job. (From /u/dragonslayingwalrus)

    26) It looked at me weird, it got in my way, it bumped into me... ahhhh... I was bored! (From /u/Ryan525357)

    27) It was suspiciously allied with a chicken. (From /u/Optimal-Marsupial-92)

    28) It stood too close to the enemy I was actually fighting. (From /u/DannyR2078)

    29) Wait, there's other stuff to do besides slaughtering peasants? (From /u/elegiac_bloom)

    30) It came at me with a broom. (From /u/Hitokiri_Xero)

    31) It didn't hail me as the Arena champion. (From /u/CeruleanBlade)

    32) It broke social distancing rules during a pandemic. (From /u/Im-ACE-incarnate)

    33) It likes pineapple pizza. (From /u/CEOofIndiajr)

    34) It doesn't like pineapple pizza.

    35) I was having a bad day. (From /u/FuckYourPoachedEggs)

    36) I was having a good day.

    37) It was ugly as shit. (From /u/Red4297 and /u/Luke4Pez)

    38) It was too beautiful and vain.

    39) It said Malaka to me. (From /u/quatoe)

    40) It gave me the side eye. (From /u/artrabbit05)

    41) It was probably going to snitch on me, and you know what snitches get? (From /u/Troutmandoo)

    42) The crowd was threatening and had to be dispersed. (From /u/DeadweightMayCry5)

    43) They started it! (From /u/genuine_counterfeit)

    submitted by /u/muckbeast
    [link] [comments]

    Does nobody care that practically every single armour set in Valhalla has clipping issues?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:48 PM PST

    It's so ugly, immersion breaking, lazy and infuriating. How can there be so many that were overlooked? The cloaks will clip with the kilts very obviously and severely on a lot of the armour sets, and it blows my mind how it slipped through the cracks and also how it hasn't been addressed anywhere I can see. Also on the galloglach set the hood completely clips through the chest pieces neck ring at the top of the chest piece. I know that one can only really be noticed in photo mode, but it just makes it look like ubisoft didn't give it any thought, it's so offensive to the eyes on the magister set too.

    It all adds to the dislike people have for the way gear was added in Valhalla as well I think, just such a lack of attention to detail.

    submitted by /u/ChingChongKingKong1
    [link] [comments]

    I bought most AC main installments and want to share the news with y'all

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:26 PM PST

    So I don't have anyone to share the news with and thought I could put it here and just casually talk about it with you guys, if it's allowed of course. I've always liked the Assassins Creed franchise but the only games I had played were AC 3, Black Flag and Unity. I enjoyed them but after that I didn't buy more AC games. Fast forward to last week-today, almost every AC game is on a 60-70% discount and I bought every main assassins game from the very first one through Origins with every DLC (excluding the multiplayer packs on Black Flag). I'm very, very, very excited to play every game of AC and 100%-ing all of them. But that joy is also filled a little bit with regret because I'm a 19 y/o with no job at the moment due to covid and my studies and it feels very weird spending that much money on games when, like any other person on my position, spend it on a car or shoes. But man, I'm really going to play these games to the fullest! I'm hyped!!! Right now I'm on memory block 4 on AC but I'm going to start from scratch because I missed some interactions for an achievement and I'm dreading, really dreading collecting the unholy amount of flags scattered throughout the maps. The combat also feels different but I really enjoy using the throwing knives and using the counter with the hidden blades. This is going to be a long, long, long journey of awesome experiences. That's all. I just wanted to share it with someone since my friends don't know about AC. Also, my friend owes me $80. Maybe I can buy Odyssey. Hm...

    submitted by /u/Asiius
    [link] [comments]

    j0nathan tallking about next Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:10 AM PST

    Video

    In the video he give some clues (symbols, locations and more) about next game and talk about some leaks that have been going around last weeks. I don't understand french, so if anyone wants to translate the main thing to english it would be great.

    submitted by /u/TambourineM8
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] The amount of unparryable attacks needs to be lowered in boss fights

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:30 AM PST

    Some minor spoilers in this post so if u don't want those don't read on.

    As you probably already know in ac valhalla there is these unparryable attacks. To dodge them you need to hit the square (or the x button on xbox) to get away from these. Having these in the game is a good idea as it makes boss fights a bit more challenging. My problem with it is the fact as the story and the game progresses each boss fight there seems to be an overwhelming amount of unparryable attacks and it just becomes boring because you need to keep spamming the square (or whatever control you use on the device you play on) to dodge them and eventually you'll run out of stamina and you'll get hit and lose health. Take the zealots as an example if ur fighting one they always do the unparryable attacks and rarely seem to do an attack that you can actually dodge without having to spam the crap out of your square button. It shouldn't be like that because it just gets boring. Another example is the fight with Goodwin during the final arc in Hamtunshire. He does a few parryable attacks at the start but once you take some of his health he doesn't seem to do any at all. He also has these unlimited bombs which he just spams call of duty style in the very small space you have to fight making it impossible to see through the smoke (plus he had explosive bombs which he threw and didn't explode until you walked in its area, which was massive may I add, and they took most of your health) so I needed to spam the square and eventually I ran out of stamina and couldn't do anything about his attacks. This shouldn't be the case. They need to lower the amount of unparrable attacks because it gets boring spamming my square button and in some situations it just isn't fair. They can stay but definitely should be nerfed to some capacity.

    submitted by /u/MU5A988
    [link] [comments]

    About The Hidden Truth (final anomaly) [Spoilers]

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:01 PM PST

    Okay, I have my complaints with the game and the story a little bit, but damn, this is pure genius to have the norse myth be an actual Isu story. What is even better is that Eivor is actually reliving the Isu story (Jotunheim and Asgard) but through that Norse paint.

    Anyhow, I would like to ask, there is a baby being shown into whom Odin is injecting his conscious but that clearly isn't suppose to be Eivor, who is born to Varin. Also, Odin is definitely reincarnated only once (through Eivor). So, that baby is what exactly?

    submitted by /u/L1ghtningSAK11
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve just finished Valhalla after 80 hours. I am fully back and invested in the series.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:03 PM PST

    I'm an old type AC fan. ACII is my favourite, closely followed by Brotherhood. It's been many years since I truly enjoyed an AC game, Unity was stunning but story didn't do it for me, same with Syndicate. Origins was ok but the huge drop in modern day story and proper assassins vs Templars over the years let me disillusioned.

    Odyssey I completely gave up on and is the first AC game I never finished, it was a chore to play.

    But with Valhalla, it roped me in straight away, and at the end I was satisfied and completely looking forward to the next one, especially the modern day portion which is back to its best for me. Great twist and concept. I don't really know why I got into it so much; perhaps it was the return of some old gameplay concepts, the much less daunting map, the Norse setting. I maybe felt the story was a bit less complex and easier to follow? I still would have liked to have seen more assassin vs Templars story, especially as you had to seek it out a bit with tracking down the Order.

    Anyway, not many of my friends still like or play AC so I just needed somewhere to write my thoughts 😅

    submitted by /u/ABitfc
    [link] [comments]

    If I lived AC Oddsey, will I love Valhalla? (Thinking of buying Valhalla)

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:34 AM PST

    What I loved about AC was the side stories (cult of cosmos etc. slaying monsters...) sailing the seas and sea warfare was also great. But I really loved the chemistry between the main character (I played female) and her cast of friends that accompany her on her journey through Greece!

    With that being said, will I like Valhalla as much? Not sure if I want to pay full price.... totally willing to take the plunge if it's comparable to Oddsey.

    submitted by /u/cupper069
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly is the appeal of Evie Frye from a story perspective ?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:59 AM PST

    Very quickly it appeared that she was simply marginally more bearable than Jacob, who I did not like at all. It thought it was really funny that someone once described her as Hermione Granger with a hidden blade.

    But many seem to enjoy her character and I don't exactly see it. There's not even a clear background or clear elements that were unexplored, there's not much going on with her character in my view.

    Unlike someone like Elise, who had all the elements present in the story but that ended up being poorly used (Templar civil war, being in love with an Assassin, being a woman and noble affected by the societal changes of the revolution, Germain's plan being in jeopardy if France loses the War against the other european monarchies and sees the royal family restored....), elements strong enough to make her a vastly more intriguing main character than even Arno, I don't get the hype around Evie besides the comparison with Jacob.

    Speaking of Elise again, Ubi could have made that templar game and female lead game that many wanted in one go, seems like a missed opportunity but oh well.

    submitted by /u/TheCanadianBat_
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Rogue - Stealth Reaper - By Invitation Only

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:20 PM PST

    An Archaeologist Reacts to Assassin's Creed Odyssey | Cincinnati Art Museum

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:53 PM PST

    Only 2 games. Unity/Syndicate style wasn't enough.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:33 PM PST

    Hardware was only getting better through the natural evolution of technology and I feel like Unity was a great example of the potential of the series in the coming years after it. I can tell you Syndicate wasn't my favorite AC game and low on the list, but I won't deny I had fun with it despite its issues. I would love to play it for the first time again.

    Now I know the RPG style has its place, although I would like them to return to form to some degree, but only 2 games in that previous style wasn't enough. If only we had received a 3rd from Ubi Sofia or something.

    Thing is there's nothing stopping them. Origins, Odyssey & Valhalla could've carried the same ideas and improved upon them. How did the games get more beautiful and traversing them less enjoyable?

    Black Flag/Rogue movement + Unity parkour + Valhalla social stealth (with consequence) is all in their grasp. RPG elements can stay. They don't have to go anywhere. (dialog choices gotta go, though).

    I'm fed up with checkboxes and loot. I miss being rewarded with the good stuff through natural exploration and finishing a mission in a specific way.

    I'm done with guard posts that serve no purpose to the story and repetitious mission design that's exactly the same as free roaming.

    Damn the critics for shitting on those games and damn Ubisoft for releasing them in the state they were in.

    submitted by /u/Hylian_Ticipated
    [link] [comments]

    A AC Syndicate Music Box question!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:56 PM PST

    I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7szSklB9M and at the 0:37 mark they show a Syndicate clip and play a song from a music box. Can anyone tell me what that song is?

    submitted by /u/BMDNERD
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] What happened to Eivor after she fought the Children of Danu and participated in the Siege of Paris

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:31 AM PST

    Most of us pretty much know that after the events of Valhalla, Eivor Varinsdottir went to Saint Brendan's Island (specifically Massachusetts) and died there while living in the then-undiscovered New World after working with the Christian kings of Ireland to take down the Druidic Children of Danu and participating in the Siege of Paris alongside Rollo. And that's the most we know about her post-game fate thus far. We're not even so sure if Eivor eventually joined the Hidden Ones or why she even went back to Saint Brendan's Island but we might some answers in the Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris DLC. The Netflix shows might also fill in the blanks for what Eivor did in Massachusetts: Perhaps she decided to start a new life without the Raven Clan to get away from the chaos and turmoil of 9th century Europe by going native when she adopted the culture and customs of the local culture as well as learning how to speak their own language while living out her final years with the tribe until death whether it was natural causes or she died mid-battle. Regardless, we might just find out what happened to this Norwegian Viking shieldmaiden in the next few years.

    submitted by /u/Ficboy
    [link] [comments]

    Social Stealth in AC Origins could and might have been beautiful.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:54 AM PST

    Having achieved the Next-Gen NPC miracle of AC Unity, Ubisoft clearly had the necessary technology and talent to increase the NPC count in Origins. Of course not to the scale of the French Revolution but at least twice as much as the number of NPC's we observed in-game. When I say this, I mean the busy areas, the crowded marketplaces, the well-visited central urban spaces, e.g. Siwa Marketplace, most of Alexandria, Cyrene's centre, the many native Egyptian markets and neighborhoods. My gosh, think how many more people should have been bustling around in the Egyptian Quarter of Alexandria. The place should have been like a beehive. These areas were excellent stages for social stealth due to their hustle and bustle. They could have offered innumerable interactable 'environments', e.g. pottery workshops, bakeries, crafting stations, etc., all on the ground to the side of the road… think of the merchant stalls Bayek could have stopped at to pretend he's looking at the merchandise. Remember: twice as many NPC's! Imagine how immersive that would have been. Not to mention how the fashion designers could have upped their game and diversified the clothing of NPC's, so Bayek wouldn't have stuck out as much as he did. Ubisoft had the tech to do this, why did it give up on it so easily and outright drop it?

    By the way, the Unity-scale gatherings could have also appeared once or twice… where, you ask? Well, at public speeches by the Pharaoh (Ptolemy or Kleopatra) or even Caesar… especially with Ptolemy, oh how fantastic of a gameplay opportunity this would have presented to assassinate the little Pharaoh himself… daydreams. If you struggle to imagine what I mean here, please watch the CGI trailer again and see the part where Ptolemy shows up to address a large audience at a lavish Egyptian square.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/NikolaBankov
    [link] [comments]

    How does AC Valhalla do in these aspects?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:30 PM PST

    I only just got the game and I'm about eight hours in. Right now it feels a bit awkward, but that's how I am with any new game. I just wanted to know, as the game progresses how does it do in regards to these traits?

    1. Assassination - When we first saw the trailer for Valhalla we were all making jabs at the fact that Vikings aren't stealthy in the least. But how true is this as the game goes on? Origins and Odyssey both allowed you to follow three paths; Warrior, Hunter, and Assassin. I always choose a stealth oriented side to things. Does the game allow for that or does it focus a bit too much on combat? Is there a chance to conduct raids stealthily?
    2. Combat - Right now the combat does feel a bit clunky. But I'm willing to believe that will improve. I enjoyed the combat styles of Origins and Odyssey as well, but this just feels off for some reason. Will this improve as I move forward?
    3. Size of the World - Origins did this right while Odyssey failed. The world of Odyssey felt much too large and it was so easy to get distracted with side quests that I rarely found myself engaged with the narrative.
    4. Lore - This is one area where I enjoyed Odyssey more than Origins. The way it connected to Greek myth both with the four monster quests and then the Fate of Atlantis DLC was very fun for me. So aside from the occasional visions of Odin I witnessed, can I expect to see some other well known names like Loki and Thor, in DLC form or otherwise?
    5. Story - This one is probably the least important to me, but it would still be nice to have a compelling narrative to follow. While the VA for both the male and female Eivor is definitely a step up from Alexios, does the story get better? Right now it feels a bit bland, or at least familiar in terms of "I am driven by revenge. I will avenge father/mother/brother/sister." Do you feel that the game gave you a decent story to engage in?

    I know this is a big ask, but if you could tell me this without telling me too much about the future of the plot (I hate spoilers) than that would be great.

    For reference, I just arrived in England and completed my first raid.

    submitted by /u/Son-of-the-Dragon
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn off finishers and the special stun attacks?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:52 PM PST

    I've been playing Valhalla for a while now and at first I enjoyed watching the brutal kills and the stuns but it is getting kind of repetitive so how do I turn it off so that it skips the animation? I'm on xbox one BTW

    (just in case if its different on other platforms)

    submitted by /u/The_REAL_SlimSh4dy
    [link] [comments]

    Yet another 4chan AC leak. I feel like this one might be legit

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:53 AM PST

    https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/546957224#p546957357

    I saw a post on 4chan detailing yet another supposed leak of the new AC game expecting it to be run of the mill fake leak. But this one seems to have actual credibility to the leaker. Apparently the OP has an insider working at Ubisoft.

    The leaker went on to claim that he had leaked AC Valhalla a few weeks before the existence was made known to the public and a few other Ubisoft games.

    The OP of the leak then posted an archive of their Valhalla leak as evidence to their credibility. And lo and behold Valhalla being leaked a few weeks before the announcement turned out to be true. With all the details being very accurate to the game except for a few minor details.

    https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/502639717/#q502639717

    What do you guys think? Take with a grain of salt?

    submitted by /u/F3XTerrorKilla
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to the AC Origins and Odyssey photo modes?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:56 PM PST

    I can no longer access the AC Origins and Odyssey photo mode websites, before Valhalla came out you could switch between the two games and look at your photos.

    Now, even when I google the two, I only get send to Ubisoft Support pages, but no website links.

    Did they stop the online service? Why would they?

    It's one of the best elements of the game.

    submitted by /u/niclaswwe
    [link] [comments]

    Some queries about the older game of AC series

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:03 AM PST

    I started playing Assassin's creed series and I just completed revelations. So no spoilers from ahead.

    My doubt is about the first game. In AC1 why did Desmond relive as Altair? Afaik they had already got hold of the Apple of Eden that Altair owned(Lucy mentions the dia accident and how it got destroyed)..

    submitted by /u/fookherhell
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment