• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Fuck the offerings in Valhalla

    Assassin's Creed Fuck the offerings in Valhalla


    Fuck the offerings in Valhalla

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:27 PM PST

    I've spent close to an hour trying to find small brown trout and I still can't find them. I go to the same place I see in videos and what other reddit threads say and I get nothing.

    Fuck the offerings and fuck whoever thought it was a good idea.

    submitted by /u/dtv20
    [link] [comments]

    If there ever is a Japanese Ac game it should NOT be set in feudal Japan

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 06:33 PM PST

    It's been said a billion times on this sub that everyone wants a Japanese AC game and I get the appeal but I don't think the samurai setting would work very well. For one as many MANY other people said Suckerpunch did it already and most likely did a far better job than Ubisoft ever could. But if they really want to make a game set there I really think it ought to be set during the Meiji Restoration. Around about the1860s or so.

    Long story short and skipping most of the details it was a time of upheaval and great change for Japan where the feudal system was dissolved and imperial rule restored. It could take place in Edo and Kyoto, falling back into line with the more city based focus of the series that a lot of fans wish to see the return of. Me included, no more empty and barren spaces between locations please! Ubisoft simply doesn't have the talent or ability to design games like that, so they should probably stop trying.

    As with all AC games there are a lot of famous and recognisable historical figures they could include, such as the shinsengumi, Tokugawa Yoshinobu (the last Shogun) and even the Emperor himself. There's lots to chose from and I'll stop there before it gets too long.

    All that aside I think it's a great setting cause there were a lot of battles and overall conflict that took place, vs the shogun's forces and those who supported the emperor. Perhaps the order of assassins are fighting to bring an end to the line of Shogun tyrants who have ruled over japan for hundreds of years. Or maybe they're opposing the imperial rule for philosophical, assassiny reasons- further backed up by the fact we know imperial rule eventually led to them joining WW2 and doing generally awful and deplorable things for power.

    It really depends what angle Ubisoft would want to take, it could work either way with the right narrative.

    As for the question of it being too "recent" because they used guns during this time...Well yes they did, but they used guns in AC3 and I imagine they'd be able to frame them in a similar way. Slow and clunky rifles that aren't the assassin character's main weapon. Not would every enemy have a gun, a lot of warriors used pole arms and swords. Think The Last Samurai.

    Japan has a lot of potential with it's beautiful, recognisable scenery and interesting culture but feudal just isn't the way to go.

    Anyway those are my thoughts, what do you think?

    submitted by /u/marthypie
    [link] [comments]

    If there’s one thing I miss from the older games in these newer ones, it’s Wall Eject, why’d they take it out of Origins and Odyssey.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:12 AM PST

    I miss wall eject in Origins and Odyssey.

    Title says it all.

    I was playing some Origins this morning and suddenly thought to myself, I miss wall eject. I can't tell you how many times in either Origins or Odyssey (which is a fun game) I was climbing something and realised I went up the wall next to it (or something to that effect) and thought "it'd be a lot easier to just wall eject over to it, rather than descend this very tall structure just to climb up it again."

    All in all, I miss wall eject and it baffles me why they took it out (it makes climbing so much eat and more fun/realistic/intuitive).

    submitted by /u/TheImperator666
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people absolutely despise the tailing missions

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:40 PM PST

    I see a lot of people say that the tailing missions in the old games were absolutely horrible. But honestly were they that bad? I feel like that's another hive mind I liked them quite a bit I enjoyed the dialogue, enjoyed slowing down admiring the city and stalking my prey. I really don't get why everyone remembers them as this absolutely horrible thing that was the bane of humanity.

    Maybe it's because they stop you from letting your goopy goblin brain out but I'll ask you. Who are you and why are you the same people who dislike modern day why do you dislike tailing missions?

    submitted by /u/wild-shamen
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 turned me off. Black Flag turned me away. After all these years, I've finally played them.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:18 PM PST

    I was there for the original Assassin's Creed and played the Ezio trilogy and loved them. Obsessed. Truly craving them. AC3 was revealed and the time period & aesthetic turned me off, I never played it. Then Black Flag released and was heavily touted as the pirate game and I was wondering where the franchise was headed and I was completely checked out.

    Unity met with mad press and Syndicate the same, although I barely followed the news of them at the time. I returned with Origins and loved it. I also recently gave Unity and Syndicate their shot this year and loved Unity quite a bit. Syndicate was not my ideal AC game, but it was still fun nonetheless.

    I said to myself that I'm almost there and although I don't want to deal with boring colonial times and naval combat (which I think is okay, but don't enjoy it really), I'm going to push through these.

    Assassin's Creed III: I'm mixed on it. It was better than I thought. Haytham is a badass. Connor is not as bad as people make him out to be. We saw him grow and become skilled. He was composed and wasn't exposed or used to the American way of mannerisms and solving problems. The way he was written fit his character and his voice actor did an acceptable way of being a person who was observing, learning and fighting for his people & land. He was raised to do things that seem the best natural way of respect and peace, and the colonial feuds only had him questioning to why people resort to more violent solutions. Not an amazing main character, but certainly not meant to be hated or annoyed with.

    I feel bad because I did enjoy the game, but when it came to exploration and side activities, I skipped them because I didn't feel tempted. I don't even know what a delivery quest even looks like. I didn't play Liberation (I should).

    Assassin's Creed Black Flag: This was the game that would turn me off even more because of being just a pirate game, despite how good everyone was saying it is. It goes hand-in-hand being the favorites of many people who honestly don't care about the modern day/assassin stuff. Not everyone, just many. People also said it was naval ship battles than the normal type of gameplay. People criticized the game for having too many tailing missions. Honestly, I really enjoyed this game.

    Naval combat felt realistic and the ocean was beautiful, though seemingly large and empty. Odyssey's naval stuff was comical and looked like toy tugbots sailing in a bathtub with how cheesy it was all these ships hauling ass and drifting. I hated it. That's not to say I enjoy Black Flag's enough for an entire game surrounding it, but I didn't hate it. And there weren't that many in the main mission.

    Black Flag like a fine balance between naval & land. In fact, I really enjoyed the stealth opportunities presented. I didn't mind the tailing missions and think it was the best implementation of them in the entire series. I enjoyed the tropical scenery. Havana was beautiful and I'm kinda actually let down that it was the first location you go to because while everywhere else certainly had their own charm, it paled in comparison. The fact that Darby McDevitt was on-board made me want to give Black Flag a chance even more. Edward Kenway is an okay mate in the end. I didn't play Freedom Cry (I should).

    All I have left is Rogue, but not now. I'm burnt. I also know how it plays out in the end and ties the games, so that's cool, I guess.

    submitted by /u/Hylian_Ticipated
    [link] [comments]

    Random invincible NPC aggroed when attack near enemies.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:14 PM PST

    So today whiLe attacking some random enemies on the road mic amongst them was a random mae NOC that became aggroed when I attacked the patrol group. I cannot do damage to the guy...... There does not appear to be a mystery or a reason for him. He doesn't aggro you unless you attack the enemies on the road. Does anyone know what this guy is aLL about?

    Area - https://imgur.com/a/NTv9993

    NPC - https://imgur.com/a/ep4xn4j

    submitted by /u/Upyourasses
    [link] [comments]

    How are figures like Moisei, Izus Hristos and Mohammed explained in AC lore?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:16 PM PST

    I'm asking bc I have a fascination with religions from all around the world and I've seen AC incorporate real world events into its lore pretty good in the past.w

    Oh and btw before u go raging at me for spelling their names like that. Those are the Greek names of these figures while you probably know them from their Latin names (if you live in a western part of the world that is)

    I'm spelling them like that because I come from a country that took heavy inspiration from the "byzantine" Greeks when translating these names into local languages.

    submitted by /u/Hyena331
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Questions about the story and prophecies

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:31 PM PST

    1. Will we ever see Fenrir get the better of Odin as prophesied by the Nornir?
    2. How did Fulke know that Sigurd was Tyr?
    3. Why did Basim wait till the end before attacking Sigurd/Eivor? If he thought Sigurd was Odin, why did he not make any attempts at his life? How did he finally know for sure that Eivor is Odin (at Yggdrasil)?
    4. What happened to the prophecy that Eivor would betray Sigurd? Will we ever see that happening?
    submitted by /u/dejavu619
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb question: how much of AC4 is trailing/stealth missions?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:52 PM PST

    I want to try to get back into it and finish it, but from what I remember I had more fun exploring the Abstergo offices than the pirate stuff. It was one of my first exposures to the series, so that might also be why I left it early, but I already know I'm not a huge fan of trailing missions, so if there's a lot, I probably won't go back.

    submitted by /u/NotJakesRoommate
    [link] [comments]

    I found this amazing 4 hour video essay about Ac Origins ! It’s the first video of this YouTuber and he only has 600 subscribers

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:07 PM PST

    Are there any lyrics to the ACII Soundtrack?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:26 PM PST

    I would like to know if there are any lyrics to the ACII soundtrack because there are multiple songs with what I am guessing is latin chanting in the background and I would like to know what it is, examples being Tour of Venice, Earth, Dreams of Venice, The Plauge, etc. I googled it to no avail. If anyone could help, thank you.

    submitted by /u/DingusDongus345
    [link] [comments]

    Is there much point to playing the games in chronological order?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:20 AM PST

    Is it just a timeline thing? Are they connected in any way at all? Would it be confusing if you say started with Valhalla then played Origins, then Oddysey and so on?

    submitted by /u/TheKingDrip
    [link] [comments]

    Can you edit Orlog HUD? I can’t even see the board

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:29 PM PST

    I want to remove the "Select A then confirm X" tip in the freaking middle of the screen. It blocks the board so I can't see the dice.

    Anyone know how to do this? Tried removing tips and stuff in settings with no luck

    submitted by /u/wizrdmusic
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed 2 Review (Possible Spoilers)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:22 PM PST

    Assassin's Creed 2 is the opening to one of the best video game trilogies ever that being said it's not exactly perfect but comes very close to being perfect.

    Favorite sequences 1,5,7,8,9

    World 10/10

    Character 10/10

    Story 9/10

    Side Missions 8/10

    The World

    The game takes place in Italy with a variety of cities including Florence, Venice, Tuscany, Forli and Monterrigoni each containing a very large part of the story and containing a wide variety of beautiful architecture and such beautiful environments. Not to mention this is one of the first Assassin's Creed games where I actually wanted to do side missions and find the feathers not because of the trophies ( I did get the platinum) but because of the beauty of the world and fluidity of the parkour. Also the Courtesans/Mercenary/Thieves system was so cool.

    The Character

    I mean does it really need to be said Ezio is and will always be the best character in any Assassin's Creed game ever. Mainly because he has charm he was humor he's a badass and he knows it. He has the most tragic origin but doesn't let it weigh him down unlike a certain native american Assassin and he follows the creed but isn't super boring like Altair. Also can we talk about how epic his theme is running across rooftops and killing targets to Ezios Family is awesome.

    The Story

    The story is very good... In certain parts for example I loved carnevale and the first sequence for the obvious the action and fun however I didn't like sequences that drew out the story with the overuse of tailing missions and the dlc being forced sequences drew it out hard in my opinion. Don't get me wrong the dlc was good especially the bonfire of the vanities ending but It shouldn't have been forced as a sequence to draw out how long we have till the ending but instead played as a dlc at the end.

    Side Missions

    The side missions were very fun but they were all very similar I would like if they affected the world around you.

    submitted by /u/ShangTea1
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Black Flag Community events

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:08 AM PST

    I noticed most items can be unlocked only by community events, like the black and red sails. I searched for it and people said Ubi stopped doing it anymore and they say to check "Additional content" on the menu for ac initiates reward. but I can't seem to open it, and it's been years since that comment was posted... so I was wondering if there's still a chance to redeem it?

    submitted by /u/styxxxx01
    [link] [comments]

    There are 4 massive problems with Valhalla's Post Launch.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:03 AM PST

    For better or worse, Assassin's Creed as well as other Ubisoft titles are now live service games. If Ubisoft wants to do the live service thing for Assassin's Creed, they need to do it correctly. These are the 4 main issues that if solved, I think would be great for both the consumer and Ubisoft.

    1. Low frequency of content.

    We've been getting an update once a month. This is a problem, because this means that players will get on the game once an update releases, play for a bit, and then stop playing till the next update. Also if there is a new bug in the game after the update, this means that players need to wait a month and hope that the new patch fixes the issue. An example would be the extremely annoying assassination bug (the one related to the shoulder bash ability) in the game currently which is affecting a lot of players; at the earliest, we're getting a fix for this in 3 weeks from now, and the last update released 2 weeks ago. Also some people have had bugs relating to story progression since launch, and therefore haven't been able to finish the game. Content and bug fixes need to be coming out in smaller and more frequent updates.

    1. The ratio and quality of paid content compared to free content.

    As everyone on the subreddit knows, there was that big post around a month ago criticizing the ratio of free gear in the base game to the amount of gear in helix sets. You can't just add new helix packs every other week while the game is extremely buggy and all the free gear is just reskins of existing gear in the base game. Focus on fixing the game and/or adding meaningful free content before add so many helix packs one after another. Also the reskins, especially for paid sets (Hearthweru set, and the upcoming Black Raven set which was found by PC players in the game files), are ridiculous.

    1. No substantial season pass content within the first 4 months of the game's lifespan.

    The Beowulf mission included in the season pass just doesn't cut it, it was 1 questline that is over and done with in less than an hour. There needs to be a reason to get the season pass. Maybe some of the helix sets could have been a part of the season pass, similar to Origins which had 3 gear packs (Horus, Centurion, and Cobra packs) as DLC. Maybe an AC1 remaster could've been part of the season pass like how Odyssey had AC3 remastered as part of it's season pass.

    1. Lack of communication.

    Back during Odyssey's post launch, there was an overview video every single month which detailed all of the upcoming content that would be released throughout the month. With Valhalla's post launch, we are randomly given patch notes then the next day an update releases, and the helix packs are released on the store with no warning. Ubisoft is also silent on fan requested features such as transmog (which was supposed to be a part of the base game according to the devs back in May 2020) and new game plus. There is no release date for the Wrath of the Druids expansion either, and it's supposed to either come out this month or next month. Players can't be excited for the future of the game if they have no idea what's coming next. Communication also helps keep expectations in check for future. For example, the River Raids have many issues, but some people thought this was going to be a hardcore system which was going to have many rewards to keep players engaged for a long time. This could have been avoided if the developers had been more clear and more frequent in their communication.

    submitted by /u/SkywardSoul
    [link] [comments]

    How to plan your kills in Assassin's Creed Unity

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:43 AM PST

    [SPOILERS] Question about the 7 methods

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 06:38 AM PST

    The 7 methods mentioned in AC Valhalla - are these the same 7 methods that involved building a tower, Aita and everything? Juno never mentioned this particular method (the one we see being used in Valhalla) to Desmond?

    submitted by /u/dejavu619
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey + Cheat Engine = Much More Enjoyable

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:30 PM PST

    This is my third attempt to playing through Odyssey and after using Cheat Engine I'm enjoying it a bit more. I actually like Odyssey's stories and some of its characters, but I still take issue with most of them and how the writing is in general. It's not great, but it's bearable.

    I just take issue with Odyssey's grind and its imbalanced gameplay. This is a large problem for mainly assassins and stealth players. Warriors and hunters have it easier in Odyssey. Because if a fight breaks out, which it almost always does, it's a fight. It's what the game was designed for.

    I just don't have the patience and time to grind half of the game to get decent enough gear & stats to finally play the character I want to be. Even then, the game still doesn't reward assassins fully.

    I don't want to be a god, but I've essentially put my assassination damage high enough to one shot from behind, but Hero Strike in combat still not a one-shot. Also raised the Hunter/Warrior damage only a little bit where enemies don't feel like sponges at my level, but higher levels can still go down in a reasonable amount of time.

    It essentially feels like Valhalla's damage and level scaling which I vastly prefer and enjoy, but with Odyssey's combat. This means I'm still vulnerable to higher leveled enemies who can take me down in a couple of hits, but enemies around my level aren't sponges for an assassin.

    Am I..... starting to enjoy Odyssey? I'm worried.

    submitted by /u/Hylian_Ticipated
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment