• Breaking News

    Monday, March 1, 2021

    Assassin's Creed ACValhalla: Just an idea: Let us actually have a feast. What do you all think?

    Assassin's Creed ACValhalla: Just an idea: Let us actually have a feast. What do you all think?


    ACValhalla: Just an idea: Let us actually have a feast. What do you all think?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:20 AM PST

    When starting a feast in our settlement we get a cool and short cutscene but what if we had the option for a more interactive, fun, immersive minigame/event.

    How about giving players the option to have an actual feast event. When starting a feast you get to chose between just having a cutscene and getting the buffs like we have now or being able to actually control Eivor during the feast. We can have the settlement NPCs singing, dancing, drinking, and eating. It could be just a small event limited to the longhouse giving us the opportunity to interact with the settlement dwellers, having drinking games and maybe even a friendly brawl.

    I think it would be an amazing piece of content without requiring a lot of effort to develop. We already have it all coded into the game (drinking contests and no weapons fights). Think of it as a very toned down Yule festival confined to the longhouse. Such a feast would give Ravensthorpe and it's inhabitants so much more life, making the player feel like part of this thriving community.

    submitted by /u/JamesLogan491
    [link] [comments]

    Whats everbodys opinion on The Freedom Cry DCL for Black Flag?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:57 PM PST

    Bought it yesterday cause i never played it and it was 4 bucks on the MS store. Just wanted to know what everbodys opinion is on it. I mean its 4 bucks and more of Black Flag so cant go wrong i assume

    submitted by /u/KumpelBlase1998
    [link] [comments]

    What are your ideas for the upcoming Netflix series?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:45 PM PST

    With the Assassin's Creed Netflix series being kept under wraps, it makes you wonder when the show will be set. I have two really interesting ones; The show should be set in England either during the Protestant Reformation under Henry VIII or during the reign of Mary I aka Bloody Mary, What do you think of these ideas and when are your ideas for the show?

    submitted by /u/MattGreg28
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins creed Revelations is the best game in the Ezio trilogy

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:12 AM PST

    Before I start I'd like to say this is just my opinion. I'm not the biggest fan of the Ezio trilogy but the writing of his story is fantastic. Out of all the 3 games tho the best has to be Revelations in my opinion. The game is fantastic. I really liked the setting of Istanbul , it was parkour friendly and I liked the turkish assassins methods. They give us a good side such as characters in Yusuf Tazim, Sofia and Prince Suleiman. The Altair side plot is done well and gives a conclusion to his story. Ezio is shown to be a lot more wise than in the previous 2 games and he is searching for his own answers. It gives a conclusion to his life as an assassin in probably one of the best scenes in the franchise. The modern day is done well not as well as brotherhood but still good. It gives you more info on the life of subject 16 and the ending leads to the events of ac 3's modern day where Desmond and co enter the grand temple. Overall I like this game a lot more than the other 2 because I like the setting a lot more and the characters are a lot better in my opinion and have a better impact on Ezio than others. Ezio just seems to fighting for his family in ac 2 and brotherhood but in Revelations he is searching for his own answers which would benefit him and the assassins. If I had to pick one game to play out of the Ezio trilogy itd be Revelations.

    Edit: Almost forgot about the soundtrack as well. Very good as well.

    submitted by /u/MU5A988
    [link] [comments]

    Previous games with unlocked frame rate

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:34 PM PST

    Anyone else agree that Ubisoft should run through the massive catalog of AC games and patch them (or unpatch I guess) to all be able to run at AT LEAST 60fps on the new consoles. Honestly, at least for now, I'd settle for Odyssey and maybe Origins! Despite your love, hate, or mix for the series, you can't deny that these games would look even better with an uncapped frame rate on the new hardware. Something I think old school fans would love so they could experience the classic games, and newer fans who maybe have only played Valhalla may have more incentive to buy previous games.

    submitted by /u/tc57750
    [link] [comments]

    Altaïr's signature robe should have been something to work towards in the original Assassin's Creed game.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:45 PM PST

    I know this game is far too old to be still discussed like this, but after playing a majority of the series over the last decade I've finally gone back to play Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut as my first PC game on my new PC I just purchased, to relive the good old days.

    I must say that I am enjoying the whole atmosphere a lot more than I remember from my days as a young teenager. One thing I've felt was a missed opportunity is the main robe our protagonist wears. Considering it was the pilot for the series there's a surprising variety in robe types among the ranks. I think it would've helped add to your feeling of progression and "re-earning your rank" to have been stripped of that amazing robe after your initial goof in the prologue, and then had that as just another item to reward you throughout the game. It would've been great to have to wear the novice, and then informer, and then assassin guard(?) shorter robes, and then finally getting your proper robe back when you receive your elite knife back later on in the game.

    submitted by /u/CaffeineStyle
    [link] [comments]

    Ezio's Family - Kalimba Cover (1% Skill 99% Editing)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:35 AM PST

    Next Game or Games Ideas :)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:36 PM PST

    If you had the possibility to choose what the next game or games are going to be about, what would you choose? Any idea is a great idea and I really want to hear y'all on this :)

    submitted by /u/Rashyy1
    [link] [comments]

    AC:Valhalla - Do lower values of headshot damage affect the damage of a headshot more than the general attack stat?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:32 PM PST

    So I'm wondering how exactly attack affects your damage as opposed to headshot damage specifically. Was looking at runes to put in my bow and noticed the Minor Rune of Rage increases attack by 2.4, while the Greater Headhunter Rune increases headshot damage by 2.3. The attack on my current bow is 106, while the headshot damage is 87, so I guess it seems reasonable to assume that the 87 must work like some kind of percentage since that would imply headshots do less than body shots. Similar to how the actual crit chance value is probably only a fraction of what the listed amount is.

    Anyone know for sure?

    submitted by /u/advancedknightrepear
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the Platinum Trophy in Valhalla (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:00 PM PST

    Holy shit!!! This game was so good! I genuinely didn't see that modern day ending coming. The fact we're playing as Basim in modern day was amazing. There was a lot of lore and twists that I really liked.

    I honestly would put this game in the top 5 AC games. Yeah, there's problems, but no game is perfect. I really enjoyed myself and look forward to DLC.

    submitted by /u/zZSkyNinjaZz
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla still has a long road before it!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:01 AM PST

    Really had high hopes for this game after everything that was promised an told by the devs. But this first season has been a complete train wreck. River Raids is boring and repetetive an riddled with bugs. The yule festival wasn't any better. As a reward you get a reskinned armor set. Wow way to go Ubi! Meanwhile they release actually good looking amrmor sets in the store for whopping prices! I bought the collectors edition and feel let to to only get one free pack that was immediately sold at an reduced price. Personally I had no gamebreaking bugs but I still read that many players can't even finnish their games after many patches. Every new bug patch brings a hundred new ones. My wolf has disappeared since the last one and I constantly rains in my game. They said the post release content would be stronger than Odyssey. But we are nowhere near that. I hope they can turn this around becuase at the moment I personally think that they alienate a lot of their fanbase even the ones that like the rpg oriented games.

    submitted by /u/therealgreybrother
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite AC animus? Why do you like that version?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:38 AM PST

    For me, I love Abstergo's version. There's something fascinating about their very first version 1.0. The tone and the UI, all makes a stunning visual and experience.

    submitted by /u/magik_koopa990
    [link] [comments]

    When did Origins become fun for you?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:30 AM PST

    I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been posted here. Now that it has bee a few years since the game (Origins) released I figured I'd see what people's opinions are (with two games releasing since).

    TL;DR: quests, story, and loot not exciting. When was the turning point for you? When you got hooked.

    I am about 15 hours in and I don't ever feel like I'm enjoying this game. I kept/keep waiting for a turning point where I will suddenly want to keep playing. I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before, although I own almost all of them through "games with gold". I just haven't been "hooked" yet. The upgrade/skill tree feels uneventful in a way that doesn't make me excited to level up. The side quests are all basically the same three scenarios setup in different t ways. The stories are uninspired; so much so that I have been skipping cutscenes and dialogue now. The loot isn't great, either. I never find anything that changes the game or the way I play; I'm simply just scanning through my inventory for the highest number.

    The only thing I've really enjoyed is the scenery although it's all very similar without much variation. (which I understand; it's Egypt).

    Was there a turning point for you when you got sucked in and couldn't stop playing? Is Odyssey or Valhalla better?

    submitted by /u/Zacklby
    [link] [comments]

    Origins Discovery Mode for 8yo doing Egypt at school?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:08 AM PST

    My daughter is 8, loves horses, and is doing Egypt at school. I'm thinking Origins' Discovery Mode might be a good fit for her.

    Which versions of AC:O contain Discovery Mode? Is it violent or peaceful? /Are/ there horses? PC or Xbox Series X? Does it have any multiplayer?

    submitted by /u/asktoby
    [link] [comments]

    England is going to be better? (Valhalla)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:52 PM PST

    AC games are good. Finished every one of them except Syndicate and Odyssey (i have both, but gonna play those at a later date, now i wanna be a Viking, lol).

    So i just 100% the first level 1 Norway part of the map. The linear main storyline was interesting and detailed enough, but every part of the open world lacked immersion, motivation, care and felt disconnected from everything. Felt like the open world is there just to.. be there? I loved the actual events, but the minutes of sailing/riding between these small activities felt boring and unnecessary.

    My main issue with it so far is the lack of motivation. In Origins, i was a Medjay, protector of people, and wanted to HELP, make a difference, and the world was BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely great game. Here, im just walking randomly to get stuffs without reason.

    I really hope England will change things up. The gameplay is good but dont feel the same motivation like in Origins. Usually i play 1 hour and feels like its enough then do something else.

    submitted by /u/t1Rabbit
    [link] [comments]

    What is the most beautiful region in Valhalla? [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:25 PM PST

    I've been thinking of this for a while, and I wanted to know what everyone's favorite area to look at is. I've reached Glowecestrescire and I think it's the best looking. I thought Vinland looked really breathtaking as well, and Asgard and Jotunheim are pretty cool in their own respects.

    submitted by /u/xBlast5767
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling with Ezio's Retirement *mild Valhalla Spoilers*

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:49 PM PST

    Ive only seen one post on this so far which surprised me (though maybe my Reddit searching skills suck). *Very mild spoilers*

    In one of the audio files in Valhalla we heard Desmond talk about Ezio's experience in Cappadocia and how his actions there led him to have a "loss of faith, in himself, in the creed", and that "he couldnt stay true to his ideals". This ultimately led him to leave the Assassins.

    I've been bothered by his retirement since Revelations since out of all the Assassins we have met (save for Altair) he has been the most dedicated and exemplary member. At the time, I rationalized his decision to retire as him 1) having completed all of his Assassin-related goals and not needing to do anymore and 2) wanting to have somewhat of a normal life with his newfound family. I didnt love it because I wanted him to be a lifer, but I understood it.

    Now with the above audio file, they make it sound more like a philosophical decision; like he didnt believe in the Assasins ideals or simply didnt want to be an Assassin. This again seems extremely out of character and sort of tarnishes all of his actions throughout his trilogy.

    Did anyone interpret this in a different way?

    submitted by /u/Marauder95
    [link] [comments]

    I think there’s another sword in ac Valhalla (SPOILER)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:11 PM PST

    Ok so I know this sounds nuts but I beat the game and was watching through all of the cutscenes and I watched the one with the real reality of the gods who were isu trying to escape the end of the world. In the scene when they are walking down the hall you can see Thor's hammer, what looks to be odins spear and then I think it was Loki dual wielding Excalibur and another sword. My thoughts is that there are probably more underground tombs in England or whatever future dlc and update that will contain either isu weapons, odins armor or potentially we can see isu armor in its purest technological form. I might be wrong but put your thoughts down below.

    submitted by /u/Minarchi21
    [link] [comments]

    Real Assassin's Creed China Idea for next game

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:24 PM PST

    I understand chronicles has china but it's honestly not that good what I would want is a normal preferably return to your roots in the style of Brotherhood set in China based on Shao Jun she is just a super awesome character her outfit is amazing and we need a Assassin's Creed game that has a female Assassin no picking male or female just straight up Shao Jun only and it can't be a crappy spin off like Liberations or Chronicles. Next honestly get rid of the whole dialogue selection thing we're living in a memory of our ancestors, there shouldn't be this pick what you wanna say deal. Finally enough with the ridiculously sized open worlds the size of actual countries I'm looking at you odyssey I would love to see a return of Large maps that are condensed for parkour not this ride on horseback for 300 meters to get to your mission stuff.

    submitted by /u/ShangTea1
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla Enemy AI broken ?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:20 PM PST

    Let me start of by saying I love the AC series.

    Valhalla's setting is amazing, the graphics, surroundings and soundtrack is really good as well. That being said I am now 10 hours in and I'm not sure if the enemy AI is behaving as they should in my game.

    Enemy AI sometimes stands still, aims their bow at a building instead of one of my allies. Often when crouching in the bushes close to an enemy, one of my allies following me stands directly in front of the enemy AI and the AI simply ignores it and acts as if he doesn't see anything.

    Is this confirmed to get fixed anytime soon because it's literally unplayable to me. I get almost bored when I see I have to fight an enemy as I know he's going to act unnatural ...

    submitted by /u/3V-Coryn
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey's Cultist System is better than Valhalla's (Spoilers for both games)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:36 AM PST

    Odyssey is probably the most controversial game in the series, but even people who didn't like it will admit that the cultist system was the best thing about it, most claiming it was a good idea but executed poorly. So ever since we've heard that the cultist system will return for Valhalla and that every single target will have a unique confession scene everyone just expected them to build and improve on the idea of Odyssey's system. But somehow, they didn't. Somehow, hunting for OoA targets is less engaging and rewarding as hunting for cultists and there are a few reasons for this.

    First of all, Eivor has next to no personal involvement in hunting the Order. The game makes it very clear that Eivor isn't a Hidden One (something they'll fix hopefully in the DLC). These guys didn't threaten her or her clan (aside from Kjotve I guess but she gets rid of him in the first 2 hours of the game) and playing as a Viking colonizer makes it really hard to believe she's doing it for some kind of altruistic or ideological reason. Cleansing the land from their influence is hardly a believable motive when we're the ones overthrowing local leaders and installing puppet kings. Hunting the OoA is just another thing on Eivor's To Do list. On the other hand, Kassandra's motives for fighting the Cult are very clear. Not only did they destroy her family, they've also engulfed the Greek world in war for their own benefit, so killing them one by one plays a lot better into the game's narrative, even if some of them just hang out in caves doing nothing.

    Which brings me to my next point, sure, some cultists in Odyssey are just random enemies in a bandit camp or a cave, but most of them have some kind of story or quest tied to them - and so do some of the Order members in Valhalla. The ones who don't have questlines associated to them however will always just be random NPCs, and each and everyone of them can be found by investigating three clues. People complained about box ticking in Odyssey, but finding these clues is literally just "go here, do that, then go there, do this". In Odyssey, there was at the very least some variety to the kind of thing you had to do to find a cultist. One could be an arena fighter, another a champion in a conquest battle, a third would challenge you to a naval battle, or they could be a nation leader, heavily guarded in a stronghold or something. I remember one OoA member in Valhalla who was just some random bloke in a town sitting on a bench.

    Also, people were exited for the confessions after every kill, but playing a memory corridor sequence after killing some random guy in the streets completely misses the point. There are no confession rooms for the contract side assassinations in AC2 or Brotherhood, why do we need them now? They shouldn't exist for the sake of it, they should serve as a moment of self reflection for the main character and make us question their motives and ideals. The OoA guys just don't have enough backstory or personality to justify the confessions scences (obviously excluding members like Fulke or Kjotve). Odyssey didn't have any confession scenes, which sucked too, but at least they didn't muddy their significance with completely pointless ones.

    And for the people who don't care about the story behind these kills there is also a fairly basic reason why Odyssey is better in this regard: Hunting cultists gives great gear as a reward. You'll get an entire legendary armor set from hunting a branch of cultists and a legendary weapon for killing their sage. You'll also receive the shards you need to upgrade your spear from killing them, so there's a motivation for you to continue your hunt. Valhalla just gives you medallions, which will reward a new ability every few kills, which just isn't as motivating as an entire armor sets, especially considering there are so few of them in Valhalla.

    Overall I really like the system in both games and just hoped they'd developed it further instead of taking a step back. There are a lot of things I like about Valahlla's take on the system, mainly the targets from the three city arcs and the Zealots. Also the conclusion of the Order of Ancient Hunt is much more compelling. Valhalla generally is much better written, but I just wanted to point out a way in which it regressed from its predecessor. It's also kind of funny to me that what I consider to be the most Assassin's Creed game mechanic was implemented in the game considered to be the least Assassin's Creed. Tying up every side assassination in one giant web of conspirators is genius and beats the assassination contracts from previous games by miles.

    submitted by /u/veico_cm
    [link] [comments]

    AC2 | Home Invasion (Templar Lair #1)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:17 PM PST

    Favourite Features/Mechanics/Missions unique to each Assassins Creed game.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:55 AM PST

    Many games had unique features not seen in later titles. for instance Assassins Creed 3 still has the best lockpick mechanic when its not glitching out that is. Murder Mysteries from AC Unity/Syndicate should of been expanded on. Assassin Tombs/Lairs of Romulus from AC2/ACB are my favourite side mission/activity in the series and need to make a return.

    submitted by /u/splinterborn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment