• Breaking News

    Friday, February 5, 2021

    Assassin's Creed AC Valhalla may be my favourtie AC game?? The mysteries and soundtrack are top tier! I love Eivor and just had to draw her hope y'all like her! It's not perfect but art never gets finished it gets released right??

    Assassin's Creed AC Valhalla may be my favourtie AC game?? The mysteries and soundtrack are top tier! I love Eivor and just had to draw her hope y'all like her! It's not perfect but art never gets finished it gets released right??


    AC Valhalla may be my favourtie AC game?? The mysteries and soundtrack are top tier! I love Eivor and just had to draw her hope y'all like her! It's not perfect but art never gets finished it gets released right??

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:28 AM PST

    Order of Ancients members should be properly silhouetted or just not have a 3D model in the Order menu

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:05 PM PST

    Each and every one that's a character that plays a part in the story can be spoiled just by looking at their pages, and that needs to be done to read what info you've got on them. A handful of the arcs in Valhalla revolve around uncovering order members and it's getting really annoying accidentally spoiling it for myself because the game thinks slightly greying out their character model obscures their identity

    submitted by /u/J4ckC00p3r
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey TODO list before starting a NewGame+

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:39 PM PST

    A lot of people struggle with the decision on when to start a NG+ in Odyssey. There are fears about what they should finish first, when is a good time, etc. I've shared this anxiety!

    So a bunch of folks in a discord I am part of (PM for invite if interested) spent a few days discussing this and we came up with this list, especially for your first NG+"

    1) Atlantis - Definitely. Get those engravings and loot. (assuming you have this DLC)

    2) S4 merc. You want to unlock the last tier of merc benefits. They carry over. Even though your actual merc rank resets, you keep your tier benefits.

    3) Kill all cultists.

    4) Complete all legendary animals.

    5) Solve important ostrakas (crit chance/damage full health in particular).

    6) Get your favorite/most important/most used weapon engravings to max (+20% dmg).

    7) Get all ability points from steles, marble maidens, tartaros rifts, and data caches.

    8) Finish all legendary sets.

    9) Lotfb - Probably. Chimera Breath is probably worth it. (assuming you have this DLC)

    submitted by /u/muckbeast
    [link] [comments]

    Should Ubisoft create a Templar franchise to focus on combat gameplay?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:03 PM PST

    A lot of people want AC to return to a stealth game. Some people like the combat focused AC games we get now. Anyone else think Ubi should just create a Templar franchise to focus on combat and bring AC back as a stealth oriented game? Personally i think it would make sense considering the Creed operates in the shadows and the Order operates publicly. Two different gameplay loops to focus on each of the factions style

    submitted by /u/Vlaymore
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] What’s the purpose of having dialogue options if they don’t impact the narrative?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:30 AM PST

    I'm not trying to shit on Valhalla, this is a genuine question that I'm hoping can spur up some discussion.

    I've never been a fan of the non-motion capture, in-engine cutscenes that come with RPGs (Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Cyberpunk, etc) but I understand their necessity due to the expansive plethora of dialogue trees that can come with these games. And while I've always felt that this lack of true cinematics can hamper a narratively driven adventure game like Assassin's Creed, I understand why they need to exist.

    That being said, I became increasingly frustrated while playing Valhalla that these dialogue options were just completely useless. 90% of the time, when I chose a dialogue option, Eivor would say it before immediately saying whatever choice I was supposed to make. Of the three options, she always ends up saying one of them even if it's not the one you chose. I feel like the way this story was outlined, dialogue options weren't even needed, which is totally fine. That's how I want it to be. But it feels frustrating that they exist in the game and yet the mechanic feels extremely hollow.

    This became especially jarring when you have scenes like the one with Basim at the campfire that are mocapped, and it looks so fucking good, it makes it even worse to return to the robotic and uncanny dialogue scenes immediately afterwards.

    Of all the "choices" in the game, only six truly matter (Sigurd's Strikes). I feel like they could've gone the Red Dead Redemption 2 route and given you those choices sprinkled throughout the story that give you some personalized cutscenes at the end of the game, despite always having hand-crafted cinematic cutscenes. I feel that would've made more sense for the way this story is structured.

    The frustration comes from the fact that I really enjoyed this games story, in fact I think it's one of the best in the series, but I feel like it's hindered by the fact that the characters look and feel less real than in previous AC games that came out nearly a decade ago.

    submitted by /u/helloivecoveredwars1
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the state of Valhalla now?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:59 PM PST

    i bought Valhalla but refunded it because of poor optimization and running. Just wanted to know how is the game now, from a technical standpoint? i don't intend on running it at high or anything. 720p a medium as fine, that's how i ran odyssey (tho i couldn't run origins lol)

    submitted by /u/OBIWAN02
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Dag was absolutely right.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:56 AM PST

    So I'm part way through the game and a little while ago Dag called me out for not being too bothered about finding Sigurd, and I had to kill him. But I guess he was right, because I immediately got on a boat and went to Vinland, which takes 6 weeks there and back , and then got back and went on a drug trip with Valka.

    Oops.

    submitted by /u/SirRosstopher
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] I feel like Valhalla really wasted the potential of "Let the Animus Decide"

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:34 AM PST

    Let's get this out of the way, as of now it seems like the only point of "Let the Animus Decide" was to make female Eivor the actual protagonist while having Odin be male during the 'vision quests.' Basically their way of making FemEivor canon without having to outright say it (since the statements of "both genders are canon" were later contradicted by saying LtAD was the canon choice)

    But I was actually excited for the idea of LtAD going into the game. I was intrigued by the idea of riding from Grantenbridge to Lincoln and as I cross scire lines a glitchy animation and boom, my gender's suddenly changed. The idea of confronting Ivarr and mid-sentence, boom, swapped. Maybe the latter would be too jarring if done too often, but basically I was actually allowing myself to get excited at the prospect of then finding an organic way to split male and female Eivor 50/50 Not 90/10. I feel like giving a much more even spread would've benefitted as you probably would've gotten a lot more male-only protagonist users dipping their toe in using a female protagonist. It could've actually been a good bonding moment to create a bridge and appreciate both, where as now we just have three options for playing as: Male Eivor, Female Eivor, and *checks notes* Female Eivor minus 3-4 missions.

    This isn't a comment about what gender Eivor should be, who the canon protagonist is, or anything of that sort, Just that LtAD was an interesting concept that was wasted as picking it had very little actual impact on the game played. Yes, theoretically we as players could go in and swap genders at any time, but that feels like wasted effort when we were advertised a feature that could've done it much better and seamlessly.

    submitted by /u/RKO-Cutter
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t tell how far I’m into the game

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:12 PM PST

    I've just finished the cent story arc and am at power level 130 but no matter how many times I try I can't find how long I've played for, if someone could tell me it would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/Entire_Combination_2
    [link] [comments]

    Overdesign II PS5 Trophy Missing

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:07 PM PST

    After hours I finally got this to pop up on the PS5, but as soon as I went to my trophies, it was still locked, and the notification for the trophy disappeared as well.

    Has this happened to anyone else too?

    I tried to do the same thing I did the first time around, but nothing is working.

    This games bugs are pathetic.

    submitted by /u/y0y0d0d0
    [link] [comments]

    stacking up rocks is the worst thing to do in the game

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:29 AM PST

    I finish the game and now I'm trying to finish all secondary quests, and the most anoying thing to do is stacking up rocks, the phisics are so broken and everytime the structure fall i feel so frustrated

    submitted by /u/minecunha11
    [link] [comments]

    Can we agree Abbas is the biggest jerk of the series?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:26 AM PST

    Seriously though. I've played all the games to 100% but I've recently been replaying the Ezio trilogy/collection. After all of the games Abbas really stands out as one of the biggest jerk off's pardon the term, in the entire series. He refuses to believe Altair about Mualim using the Apple for evil/control when he saw it. He kills Altair's son and facilitates a hostile environment that leads to Maria being killed. He's just an all and all jerk. Is there anyone else that rates worse than him in your opinion?

    submitted by /u/GamerChef420
    [link] [comments]

    The people behind the stream are Gemma Renshaw, an archaeology PhD student at Southampton University; Dr. Kate Sheppard, an associate professor of History and Political Science at Missouri University of Science and Technology

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:21 PM PST

    Hey Ubisoft, just let me climb through the darn window when i ask hey?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:59 PM PST

    [Giveaway] Assassin's Creed Valhalla Digital Code for Xbox One / S / X / Series XS

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:09 AM PST

    Hello there. Through a comedy of errors, I ended up purchasing an additional code for Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Xbox which I have no use for and cannot refund (code compatible with Xbox One, One S, One X, Series S, and Series X). I purchased it in the US and assume it is an NA code, but I believe Xbox does not region-lock game redemption codes, so it should be good for anyone. This is not a promotion for anything, but I would like to pass the code on to a fellow fan.

    I will choose a random person who comments in this thread on Feb 5, 2021 @ 12:00 PM EST (Noon). I will go by username, so multiple comments won't improve your chances or anything. Please be a decent human and don't participate if you already have a copy of the game, plan to just resell it, etc.

    To make it more fun, comment what you'd want your Viking nickname to be, à la Wolf-Kissed.

    I would be Sundance, Bear-Hugged.

    submitted by /u/Sundance12
    [link] [comments]

    Walking in missions in AC Revelation

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:15 AM PST

    Remember in AC Revelations when if you walked next to someone you would walk with them and didn't need to control the assassin? Why did they get rid of it? It was such a smooth addition to the game. I love the improvement of the "follow road" option when you're on the mount, but I find it annoying when I'm walking and talking and I keep running to catch up. Little rant there, but I wish they would bring that feature back. Do you agree?

    submitted by /u/tom_austin10
    [link] [comments]

    (SPOILER) If the AC Champion rumour is true, imagine if it acts like the second part of a trilogy (that includes Valhalla) that leads into AC1

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:21 AM PST

    Imagine if we get about two more games (including Champion) that follow one narrative that eventually leads up to the events of the Third Crusade and the period of AC1.

    So the rumour explains that the final Valhalla DLC that takes place in Paris will be fairly longer than usual and will both contain elements that will lead into the next game as well as stuff involving Basim that again, will be a seed for the events of the following game. The following game is said to be more classical European fantasy inspired and take place in the likes of Germany and France.

    Since the Paris DLC takes place near the end of the 800s and the gap between Valhalla and AC1 is roughly 300-400 years, I could see the possibilty of having Champion and then one other game after it filling in that gap, maybe with part of the story showing the transition from the Order of Ancients to the Knights Templar.

    Of course, this is all speculation based on a rumour that might be completely false but I do like the concept of it.

    submitted by /u/Briankelly130
    [link] [comments]

    In Black Flag, do enemy ships permanently disappear after you destroy them?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:21 PM PST

    I'm 20 hours deep into this game, and I have only been selecting to repair the Jackdaw after looting other ships, if I keep doing this, will I eventually run out of ships to loot?

    submitted by /u/ZechariyahIII
    [link] [comments]

    Forced class system builds, (limiting skill point usage)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:47 PM PST

    Has anyone messed around wit this? As I have basically reached god mode I respected all my skills sticking to a certain play-style and not being able to do everything under the sun. Lately I've just been doing a pure stealth build limiting my combat abilities things that make sense. Think standard DnD builds or something. anyone rocking this? Anyone got any coop ideas for builds they wanna share. Pyromancer is my next one I'm gonna mess with. It's made the game a lot more fun

    submitted by /u/MobsDeep
    [link] [comments]

    The biggest problems with the Templar Ideology

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:03 PM PST

    • As the past games have shown, almost everyone that joins the Templars is or becomes highly corrupt, and I think this is because the entire Templar ideology is built on hypocrisy.
    1. The Templars believe that all of humanity is corrupt and that only they are fit to lead and guide humanity. However, if all of humanity is corrupt then that would include the Templars as well, which means they are no more fit to lead than anyone else.
    2. The Templars say they want to uplift humanity, yet they have no problem suppressing knowledge when it suits their purposes, such as when they tried to eliminate Nicolaus Copernicus and murdered Alan Turing.
    3. The Templars say they want peace, yet they have caused some of the biggest conflicts in human history, such as the Crusades, Revolutionary War, the French Revolution, and WWII.
    • While the Assassins have made their fair share of mistakes and do some shady stuff, at least they acknowledge this and seek to learn better themselves.
    submitted by /u/strongerthenbefore20
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed Odyssey does not respect your time

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:21 AM PST

    Now I've played Ubisoft games before and generally know what to expect. Solid story in a beautiful but shallow open world.

    This was my first AC in years with the last one I played being Black Flag. The story itself is interesting but never has a game made it so difficult for me to enjoy it. Every time I'm about to reach an interesting point in the story my goal is pushed further away from reach.

    Either I'm sent on a fetch quest to find an item in a fort or camp. Or I'm told the person I'm looking for is someone else. Even after meeting the person of interest I first have to 3 side quests before getting the information i need. And unfortunately the quality

    Greece is absolutely beautiful landscape. It's probably the best looking open world I've ever played in. But unfortunately it's size ends up being a nuisance. You have to sail, trek, or horse-ride very long distances to complete quests. This may be inherent issue in most open world games but this games insurmountable size make one yearn for a fun traversal system.

    While the older AC games had their issues I never felt any barriers stopping me from doing the main story.

    Sorry that this is kind of a rant, but this has made me appreciate linear titles a lot more.

    submitted by /u/Eren_Jaeger_The_Goat
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Ubisoft Montreal office in AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:05 PM PST

    If you put the Ubisoft MONTRÉAL office on a map, turned it upside down so that North is pointing down, the island IRL resembles the shape of the island where the Trent and Humbre Rivers meet between Donecastre and Wyke. Also, there's a house there with something weird. By the house there are two pole boats...in a swamp. Why would you need two boats in a swamp? There is also a sunken boat next to the house. The water isn't deep enough to dive into, but deep enough to make Eivor swim.

    submitted by /u/srocan
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed Valhalla & Assassins Creed Rogue

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:00 PM PST

    I've never played AC Rogue, I heard great things about it, I know it takes place almost 1000 years later then Valhalla. I was wondering if there any connections between the games what were thrown into Valhalla that I missed? I was truly fascinated on how Valhalla connected AC3, it was a cool moment. I was playing AC Rogue early on and there was a recording dating back to 792 about the Vikings, England, and Raiding. So overall, I'm really intrigued and curious to know if there are any other connections between these two games I might've missed.

    submitted by /u/FuzzyUno
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment