• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Friends told me that Valhalla is "such a bad game" and I thought I should try it myself and I love it

    Assassin's Creed Friends told me that Valhalla is "such a bad game" and I thought I should try it myself and I love it


    Friends told me that Valhalla is "such a bad game" and I thought I should try it myself and I love it

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:19 AM PST

    I can understand some things like "slow combat" or repetitive quests, but to be honest it's not really bothering me. The voice actors, at least in german, are incredible in my opinion and the open world is beautiful. This is the first AC game that I play and especially just flying around with the raven and looking at norway is incredibly relaxing for me. I played 10 hours so far.

    submitted by /u/Sanguinius_TheAngel
    [link] [comments]

    The shadowy figures of the Order Members give wayyy too much away

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:07 PM PST

    You can indentify most characters you know to be an Order member, its funny. (Spoilers: Lincolnshire arc):>! I could tell the bishop was an order member from the clothing on the shadows, it was the exact same.!<

    submitted by /u/idontcaretv
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point in ledge assassinations being an option when every single time a guard gets close enough to kill they instantly detect you anyway?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:20 PM PST

    This is so frustrating in valhalla, either the guard I'm trying to kill will instantly initiate combat even though they shouldn't be able to see me or a random archer from across the map will spot me. Like wtf happened to stealth?

    submitted by /u/ThomasorTom
    [link] [comments]

    New Assassin's Creed Game Targeting 2022 Release, BY UBISOFT SOFIA, its the same team behind AC rouge, and curse of pharos dlc

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:53 AM PST

    Fate of Atlantis is fantastic!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:24 PM PST

    Finally got around to beat Odyssey, I finished it 100% with every side quests done and area explored then I bought the DLCs as well since they were on a big sale, Legacy of the First Blade was pretty good, though short, but Fate of Atlantis is fucking brilliant, I somewhat think it could have been a full standalone game, going to Elysium then to the Underworld and to Atlantis, meeting all the gods and all the rich mythology, it's probably the best DLC ever made for AC.

    submitted by /u/BestRemusInMyHouse
    [link] [comments]

    [Life Pro Tip] If you have the bow equipped which creates a "sleeping gas cloud" when stealth headshotting an enemy. This also applies to the "bonus" kill when stealth killing someone with the hidden blade

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:25 PM PST

    I found this out by accident. I suck when using the bow, even when I can re-direct the arrows... but I like the concept of this sleeping gas cloud so I use it sometimes.

    Now I made a kill on an enemy from a bush, classic AC move we all know. And then used the "axe throw" for a bonus kill which you can do with the right skill. And seemingly those kills count as headshots. stealthed headshots. and therefore create also a sleeping gas cloud, if the bow is equipped.

    submitted by /u/King_Tamino
    [link] [comments]

    Ac oddessy bounty hunters clear forts for you

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:30 AM PST

    I've had this game for a while but stopped playing last year. I recently got back into it due to nostalgia and picked off where I left. I dont see much beng said about this but I wanted to say that's it's so much fun when you have a 5 star bounty and then get all 5 bounty hunters to fight the entire fort+leader and they all kill each other.

    I aggro the entire fort and get everyone to run into 1 area and after they lose sight of me I send a lieutenant to attack a soldier which gets slaughtered by merc aoe swings cuz they jump em like they jump you and gets the whole fort to war the mercs that mistakenly attacked soldiers with aoe dmg

    Consequence I've leveled way to high unintentionally lol

    submitted by /u/Thottquad
    [link] [comments]

    Tip to deal with poisonous gas in Valhalla

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:07 AM PST

    I was exploring a cave recently and found out if you throw a torch at toxic gas it goes away. I didn't know this so I thought I should say as a tip if there's lots of toxic gas around.

    submitted by /u/FloorBoi01
    [link] [comments]

    How much is Valhalla worth?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:06 AM PST

    It's on sale on the Epic store and I have a $10 coupon so it'll be around $40 for me. This sale lasts for the next 8 hours (11:00AM EST) and I've been putting it off for now. Is it worth $40 or should I wait longer?

    submitted by /u/FLEWIS082
    [link] [comments]

    I really don’t like the bows in Valhalla and Odyssey, I think they ruin the combat system.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:39 PM PST

    In the previous AC games ranged weapons such as guns and the phantom blade were great as they had flaws so we could use them to their strengths, meanwhile the bows in Valhalla and Odyssey could be spammed up close, from afar, and had headshot/weak-point shot bonuses that did massive damage to enemies and were easy to hit so I think they ruin the combat system.

    submitted by /u/Rapmaster55
    [link] [comments]

    So, who else saved Yule token farming for tonight?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:50 AM PST

    Yule Festival ends soon, and in my infinite wisdom I have saved token farming for tonight. Yeah, I'll have to do the archery range about 30 times.

    Does anyone have any farming tips? I'm assuming the quick bow is the best for it.

    submitted by /u/EnemyCrabPengu
    [link] [comments]

    Customization tips and combination help for Unity?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:24 PM PST

    I've been playing Unity recently and I've been awestruck by the amount of customization. I just wanted to ask for some combinations that look good. I honestly like the Legendary Prowler coat the most, since it looks sleek and cool, but I'd like to hear your opinions over other good looking combinations and help me out. Thank you ;)))

    submitted by /u/torrid_229
    [link] [comments]

    I'm really not a fan of the seasonal event style content.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:49 PM PST

    Hello everyone. I recently picked up Valhalla while it was on sale and decided that I should finish up my half finished NG+ run of Odyssey first. I was really enjoying Odyssey and then I heard about Yule festival. Cool free content is always good. While I still feel this way it is a bummer that Yule Festival was limited time. I only started playing Valhalla out of a fear of missing out on Yule Festival. But the way I play these games is heavily reliant on side content so when I found out I would need to actually play a decent chunk of the main story my heart sank. I had so little time to play the Yule Festival that I almost made myself play the game in a way that I wouldn't have found enjoyable. I seriously do not see the point of this. Comparing this to the free content of Odyssey... I just dont get it. I do not see the harm in Yule Festival always being available. I know it isn't a lot of content some competitions and some small amount of loot but it seems very counterintuitive to do it this way. It would be so silly if the free content in Odyssey was only available for a month. As an aside I am really enjoying Valhalla. The gameplay is very fun and it the visuals are quite simply amazing. I am just a little confused as to why they would do content like this.

    submitted by /u/Cado111
    [link] [comments]

    Compared to Odyssey, Valhalla is very easy

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    I don't play AC series for the greatest challenge of my life, but in Odyssey you could at least pump up nightmare mode and level equaliser and the game would at least present a threat on your life especially against mercenaries or polemarches. But unless I've gone to a place where I was severely underlevelled, I haven't seen even a shred of a challenge even on the hardest difficulty. The game could use a challenge, right now it feels like an interactive movie.

    submitted by /u/CupidHasLeft
    [link] [comments]

    Yule Festival suddenly gone from my latest save

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    I was enjoying the festivities just fine. Decided to progress thru the story a bit, and I returned to the settlement where the event seems to be missing. No message like "Yule Ended". Just, disappeared.

    My earlier saves still have the Yule Festival, but my latest doesn't. I can see my Yule tokens in my inventory too so I know the event is "there".

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Recnid
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] What do you think about this complex relationship in AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:33 PM PST

    Between King Ælfred of Wessex and Eivor. They are enemies when it comes to politics and war, but are allies in defeating the Order of the Ancients. Would you count him as the primary antagonist, a side villain or an ally?

    submitted by /u/sombat92
    [link] [comments]

    How different is Valhalla from Odyssey?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:20 PM PST

    I put over 100 hours in Odyssey and enjoyed it for the most part but eventually started to feel burnt out by it. I got Valhalla for the PS5 and have been about 2 hours of it and so far it just seems like a reskin. And considering how long and big the game is, I really don't see myself playing through it if it pretty much a reskinned Odyssey. Does it get better and differentiate itself as you play forward or is it more or less the same gameplay as Odyssey but just a different environment? Thanks

    submitted by /u/iDripAlone
    [link] [comments]

    Faravid the traitor... or is he

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:34 PM PST

    It kinda makes me mad that the game never says whether he poisoned Halfdan or not. Like I spared him and then he gives me some bs non answer for hurting my relationship with halfdan smh

    submitted by /u/usernahm
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Discoveries and Questions after Finding all The Treasures of Great Britain

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:02 AM PST

    Just acquired Excalibur, however I spent a good half hour just soaking in the Magnificence of the Isu Barracks Ruins.

    Along with the inscription from Arthur Pendragon, I found 2 large stone tablets with Isu messages inscribed on them. Has anyone been able to translate them? I'd love to know if they're Lore Easter eggs, or if Ubisoft had some fun and just wrote something silly in Isu Font.

    submitted by /u/boozie92
    [link] [comments]

    The OP-ness of bows and need for throwing knives.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:19 PM PST

    In my opinion, bows in Origins and Valhalla are super OP, lets ignore predator and light bows for a second and talk about the hunter bow in both games.

    I exclude Odyssey due bows being underpowered without abilities as a symptom of the overall problem of extremely large enemy health pools, which Valhalla and Origins don't suffer as much.

    In both games, you can nearly entirely clear forts and camps with the hunter bow in the default state without abilities and it really hurts the balance of stealth.

    Whats the point of carving a careful path through a fortress if you can one shot 3/4 the camp?

    Also with the clear need for throwing knives, I'd like to see their introduction as a stealth tool that you use in assisting in carving out a path through a fort. To give them their own pros and cons: knives would be undetectable, short range, fast throw time and somewhat small reserve and bows should be detectable via sound (cmon they make this obvious sound that a bow has been fired), long range, long-ish nock and loose time and large reserve.

    I think this would give us a valuable stealth tool and allow bows to not be so OP and let them sit into a more long range stealth/combat niche.

    Thoughts????

    Apologies but English IS my first language.

    submitted by /u/SwagMasterMo
    [link] [comments]

    Would you Like to see multiplayer reintroduced to the Series at some point?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:11 PM PST

    Obviously with the RPG direction the game has going rn it's doubtful that any kind of multiplayer will be introduced. But if we kinda went back to basics would you like to see it return?

    I actually quite enjoyed the multiplayer in brotherhood-black flag, it was a pretty unique style of death match and made you feel pretty good about Lansing the perfect kill on an unsuspecting enemy.

    I can't really comment on Unity because I never had the chance to play it besides a little bit at a friends house but I definitely saw potential in the more co-op creed focused multiplayer that I saw.

    submitted by /u/StigandrTheBoi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment