• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 17, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed Valhalla Tech Support/Bug Report Megathread Part V

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed Valhalla Tech Support/Bug Report Megathread Part V


    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Tech Support/Bug Report Megathread Part V

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:00 PM PST

    With the release of patch 1.1.1 we are creating yet another tech support megathread. Previous tech support megathreads will be linked at the bottom of this post.

    As with any video game, after the launch of Assassin's Creed Valhalla some players are inevitably experiencing technical issues. And even though tech support posts are banned on the subreddit, we are creating this megathread for people to share and help each other with various technical issues they may have. These include, but are not limited to: questions, game crashes, performance, spec requirements, bug reports, issues with visual degradation etc.

    Make sure your PC specs meet the minimum requirements of the game!

    List of currenty known issues - Updated January 14th

    Make sure you also have the latest graphics drivers installed! At the time of this post those are 461.09 for Nvidia and 20.12.1 for AMD.

    Provide any information you can - platform, PC specs, what version of Windows you're using, what issue you are having and how to potentially reproduce it etc. Any information you can give might be useful to other users to help solve your problem.

    If you're reporting Valhalla issues that contain spoilers for the main story, present day or any other narrative content, make sure to properly hide them!

    How to hide spoilers:

    Eivor is a Viking.

    Result: Eivor is a Viking.

    DO NOT leave any spaces at the start or the end. You can also use the "Spoiler" function in Reddit's text editor.

    If you can't find a solution for your problem, you can also visit the Ubisoft Support page for Valhalla, the official Player Support forums or the #tech-support channel on our official Discord.

    Previous Valhalla Tech Support megathreads:

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Tech Support Megathread

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Tech Support/Bug Report Megathread Part II

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Tech Support/Bug Report Megathread Part III

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Tech Support/Bug Report Megathread Part IV

    submitted by /u/Ghost_LeaderBG
    [link] [comments]

    Chasing flying paper/ song sheets has always been and will always be awful

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 02:50 AM PST

    They're nothing but annoying. I want to get all of the collectibles and to do so I have to chase these annoying bits of paper all over they should stop putting them in games

    submitted by /u/Between3N20Karakters
    [link] [comments]

    I like the Instant Assassin kill option and not because it makes it easier.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:02 PM PST

    I turned on the option for the always kill when doing an assassination because I always felt the hidden blade should be powerful enough to instant kill, not only because it's a blade you drive deep into an enemy but also if you spend time sneaking up to an enemy, whether it is easy or hard getting into a perfect position to assassinate an enemy, the reward should be the kill and not a high damage number. Am I alone with this?

    submitted by /u/jaylaggy
    [link] [comments]

    Turning Monteriggioni from a run-down settlement to a beautiful home base is still the most satisfying thing I’ve experienced in the whole series.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 08:52 AM PST

    I've played all AC games and 100% Synced all of them except Odyssey, and nothing has ever beat the feeling of watching Monteriggioni slowly getting fixed. It's such a simple but super effective way making it feel that you have a huge impact on the world around you.

    I replay the series at least once every 1-2 years, and AC2 is the only game I 100& Sync all the time because one, it's the easiest and least tedious one to 100%, and two, Renovating Monteriggioni is just too fun and satisfying to do.

    submitted by /u/mirocaro
    [link] [comments]

    Unity is genuinely difficult... and I love that.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 04:56 PM PST

    So, been playing since AC1 up until black flag (whenever that came out) then kind of fell out of love with video games for a few years. Recently though I've played through Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla. And I have to say they're all pretty easy. Just completed Valhalla and decided to back to one I'd skipped, Unity, and I'm stuck on the first assassination, in Notre Dame. It's genuinely difficult. You can't just shoot in and shoot out, it clearly takes some tact. I miss hard games, big name titles are too easy nowadays. Turned off my console for now for a break but some advice would be welcome.

    submitted by /u/TheAridActuality
    [link] [comments]

    Facial Animation Broken After Patch?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 11:10 PM PST

    Hey, all.

    Just wondering if anyone is experiencing this after the latest patch? Half the time characters are talking now they're just gesturing, blank faces with noise coming out rather than emoting and actually moving their lips to speak. It happens at least once for a set of dialogue in practically every encounter now.

    submitted by /u/bermudalily
    [link] [comments]

    [Tier List] Assassin's Creed | Stealth Gameplay [2021] [Leo K]

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:04 PM PST

    AC: Odyssey is better as a Greek Adventure, than an AC game.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:54 AM PST

    I enjoyed AC: Odyssey a lot more when I started to think of it as a Greek Simulator with AC lore graphed on. I found it much more fun when just living in Greece, and taking in the sites and sounds of the world, rather than trying to play it as a "tradition" Stealth heavy, conspiracy focused Assassins Creed game.

    I liken it to how Black Flag is essentially a pirate game with AC lore and characters added for flavor.

    Thoughts ?

    submitted by /u/Ghost-Of-0nyx
    [link] [comments]

    Sucked into hay...Can you please remove this automatic animation?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:29 PM PST

    If there wasn't paper trail chasing bs, getting sucked into hay bales would be my top annoyance with Valhalla. Is it just me this feels so awkward and unneeded? I feel like there should be an interact on hay if I want to hide in it, not just casually walking by and suddenly automatically sucked into the pile.

    submitted by /u/Jcorv58
    [link] [comments]

    A theory about Faravid (VALHALLA SPOILERS)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 09:54 PM PST

    As we now know if you've played until the end of the game, there are many reincarnations of Isu in Valhalla and they are shown by a strange birthmark on their neck. The reincarnations we know of in the game are Eivor, Sigurd, Svala, Basim, Halfdan, and Faravid. We know all of their Isu counterparts except for Faravid's. Now, I know this has been discussed before, but I have a theory I haven't seen anyone mention yet. I believe Faravid is Ivaldi, the dwarf that helps Havi in Asgard and creates the cord that binds Fenrir.

    My main reasoning for this is simply from the fact that I think they look very similar and I noticed that their facial hair is groomed the exact same way, with the metal pieces placed in the same places on their mustache and beard. This could be a reference to them being the same person. I've included pictures below so you can see.

    Faravid: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jkJS9cWzhqA/maxresdefault.jpg

    Ivaldi: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tKgU6mTkyJM/maxresdefault.jpg

    My main argument against this theory is the fact that Ivaldi is not really Aesir. He's just a dwarf that is in debt with Odin for saving his life and works at his forge. But maybe Odin decided to invite Ivaldi into the reincarnation chamber as a thank you for creating the cord or for his work throughout the years. It's definitely a large hole in this theory, but Faravid looks nothing like Heimdall and we don't know what the other Aesir looked like. Also, by not including Loki, Odin left room for one who is not Aesir to take Loki's place.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/whalemix
    [link] [comments]

    Ac3 horses make me wanna go commit scooter ankle

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 08:32 PM PST

    So I'm playing assassins creed 3 for the first time and I'm currently on sequence 10 the horses weren't as bothersome as they were before but then comes the mission where I have to chase the messengers and stop them and my god I wanna throw my controller at the tv shit is mad annoying like the horse keeps stopping in rocks and small hills my god who came up with the horse mechanics. another problem I have is that when it comes to chasing someone or having to run somewhere every time I come near a door or wall Connor proceeds to run towards the wall it's mad annoying. Anyways that's all.

    submitted by /u/apocryphilias
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the blending in mission in AC2 so hard?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 04:56 PM PST

    Im trying to do the blending in mission and any time i try it it chucks me out of a crowd (even when im literally in the middle of a crowd) when im next to a guard.

    Is there something im missing?

    submitted by /u/Sky_Leviathan
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone posted maxed out weapons stats for Valhalla?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 03:01 PM PST

    Is there a guide out there yet for the maxed out ATK, Stun, WGT, Spd, Crit-Pre stats for each weapon in Valhalla? Would love to be able to compare more completely!

    submitted by /u/FNILife
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla could be the basis of a great game about Roman England the way Black Flag led to Skull & Bones

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:32 PM PST

    I dunno why, but while talking to my stepdad today, he asked if Boudicca was involved in AC Valhalla in any way, which led me to think: it would be pretty cool if we got a game about her Celtic army's battle to reclaim Britain from the Romans, where the AC Valhalla map has been repurposed with fully living Roman settlements. You could play as a Celtic spy infiltrating the cities, villas, and forts, and eventually decide if you want to defect to Rome, or go out in a blaze of glory.

    I imagine Ubisoft will want to get away from Rome after Brotherhood, Egypt, Greece and the ruins in Valhalla, which is why I think it would be good for an non-AC game; I'm also well aware Skull & Bones has had a pretty protracted development, but I think more historical games outside AC should always be welcomed.

    submitted by /u/alientraveller
    [link] [comments]

    Overdesign II Trophy/Achievement (ACValhalla) Strategy.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:24 PM PST

    Ah yes, the gimmicky trophy of killing 3 hard mode enemies without breaking their shields and while on fire. Way worse than the old trophy from Origins.

    Well I figured I get this trophy out of the way earlier, so I looked up a guide by the famous PowerPyx and tried it... did not proc. Did not proc at all.

    So I looked up another article by another guy who recommended climbing on top of a building, lighting the roof on fire, then doing Missile Reversal skills on the big guys. I tried that... didn't work either.

    I tried it a few more times and it still failed, but I decided to just keep going with the attempt and finally got it after killing like 8-9 guards while on fire.

    My tips for this are.

    1. Switch to easy mode cause otherwise the fire kills you too fast. Actually equipping Fire Resistance runes is also good.
    2. Come in with full rations. You'll need them for the fire.
    3. Go the Wenham in Hamptunscire (as the other guides do say), reset your skills and make sure you are just below the needed threshold. Like, don't reset all the way down. Go in there with some good gear (I used Brigandine armor and a bow)
    4. Get Missile Reversal, as it is by far the easiest way to kill the big Banner guys.
    5. Save before the attempt. Not fast save. Do a manual save.
    6. Start this near the Fast Travel waypoint church. And Aggro EVERYONE. Aggro the big shield guys, aggro the archers, aggro the small soldiers. You want everyone on you, so battle status does not break when you kill someone.
    7. Climb unto a straw-roof house and set it on fire under you. You don't want to engage them on the ground. Missile reversal is your friend to kill the big shield guys. Also when you're on the roof, the small shield guys put their shields on their backs, so there's no chance of breaking them.
    8. If the trophy doesn't pop after killing 3 big guys at the Church... do not break combat and aggro the big guys at the gate. If that fails, still not breaking combat, use your bow to kill the small shield guys, leaving the archers alive to keep the battle state going.
    9. Keep going from roof to roof... you may need to kill a lot more than 3. A theory of mine is that the big shield guys do NOT count, so you need the small breakable shield guys. But that's just a theory.
    10. Reload save and try again if it fails.

    P.S. Trying to post this was hard as it kept rerouting it to the b*g reports.

    submitted by /u/Shirokurou
    [link] [comments]

    Had Unity not been a train wreck, it would have been the best AC and the formula Ubisoft uses for all games after it.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:08 AM PST

    Unity was Ubi's most ambitious AC game, but unfortunately I think it was too ambitious for its time perhaps due to hardware limitations. However, I managed to play through it back then on PC and underneath all the jank and bugs is a goldmine of potential that can be fully realized with the today's technology available to both consumer and devs. The city setting, parkour, and combat of Unity if improved upon could make for a real treat to play on a new AC game on PS5/XSX/PC. Not saying the RPG style games are bad, but they most certainly are only AC games in name. In my opinion, we should see a return to form on the next title instead of these RPGs we've been getting. PS: Unity's story is lackluster, I am strictly talking aboug gameplay mechanics when saying Unity had potential to be the best.

    submitted by /u/EuphoricN3ko
    [link] [comments]

    One of the most fulfilling moments I've had as a longtime AC lore fan (Valhalla spoilers)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 02:22 AM PST

    I'm curious if anyone else experienced this epiphany while playing Valhalla.

    So, upon playing the Jotunheim arc, I immediately noticed that Hyrrokin, Suttungr, and Gunlodr were the analogs for Juno, Tinia, and Minerva, respectively. Everything just clicked playing that arc: the purpose of these drug trips, Havi's relationship with Eivor, the function of the mead, the true identity of the Mead Vault (as the Grand Temple), making it one of my favorite arcs in the game.

    Then, I played through the Vinland arc to go after Gorm. I got to the part where we had to locate Gorm, and there were multiple potential camps that he might be in. I was looking at the map to find an optimal path through the camps when I realized something: the layout of the Vinland map looked awfully similar to the Jotunheim map. Then, it suddenly dawned on me that Gorm might be in Vinland looking for the Grand Temple. Following these revelations, I went to the camp that was in the approximate location where the Mead Vault was in the Jotunheim map and lo and behold, Gorm was right there trying to get into the Grand Temple.

    It's such a tiny thing, but it was just so incredibly satisfying that all the lore knowledge I've accumulated playing all the games since 2007 was not only referenced, but also aided me in gameplay by allowing me to complete a quest just a bit more efficiently. Definitely cemented Valhalla as one of my favorite games in the series.

    An additional thought. Going under the assumption that Jotunheim map = Vinland map, I think it's fair to say that Asgard map = Norway map. I wonder if anyone else can corroborate these theories?

    TLDR: I did a quest a little faster by knowing Isu lore :)

    submitted by /u/HatsOfHopelessness
    [link] [comments]

    Ac2 Sequence 13 Port Authority

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 08:35 PM PST

    This mission is the dumbest in the whole game. It says kill the guy without being detected. Okay. Turns out that means you have to assassinate 10 people on one small boat without being detected before you even have a chance of attempting the main guy. Unfortunately, old AC stealth is dumb as hell and you can ledge assassinate like 4 guys flawlessly but for some reason on the 5th guy every on the boat somehow sees you at the back of the boat. Not to mention itd pretty much instant detection instead of the usual yellow bar filling up with red. I have a tactic I know will work but stupid things like enemies seeing through walls and assassinate enemies that get stuck and some of my assassinations being silent and some being louder than the fucking pistol.

    Any tips? I start off by assassinating the two guys in the entrance, then i jump in the water swim around to the other side and assassinate the two guys walking around when they go by the ledge. I do the dame thing for the other side. 4 guards down. I then climb up on the back to take out the two at the wheel but theyre hiding behind the wheel so it is very hard to double assassinate them and when i do its always an air one which is loud enough to alert everyone on the boat. Help. The stealth in this game is bad and i hate when they force you to do stealth. Especially tailing missions.

    submitted by /u/KrayzeeFrog
    [link] [comments]

    Getting my ass handed to me on the Origins Nefertiti boss fight, please advise

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 06:22 PM PST

    Ok so I'm on my first play through of the game, and I'm up to the Nefertiti boss fight. I'm at level 52 and it says recommended level is 46 so I should be able to do fine.

    I have Ziedrich at level 51 for my shield, Ultimate Weapon at level 51, Blades of Thoth level 43, Smoke and Mirrors level 51, and Bow of Ra level 49 equipped. The farthest I have gotten is her at half health. Normally for high value targets I get myself the high ground and snipe them with the bow or go in on horseback and wail on them (this was my method for every Phylake). But none of those are an option for this fight and every time I try to land a solid blow she gets around my shoulders and stabs me to death.

    submitted by /u/wraithkelso317
    [link] [comments]

    Have they fixed the poor audio quality of Valhalla on PS5 yet?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 04:44 PM PST

    I haven't played the game since the first week it came out becaue of how bad the audio was. I thought I'd wait until htey fixed it... so have they fixed it or have they said anything about it?

    submitted by /u/dtv20
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed 100% needs to go back to exactly as it was before, except the parts that should be copied from Hitman

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:49 AM PST

    These games need to be focused completely in large, densely populated cities, just like older games. You know, the same older games that fans and reviewers constantly complained were too unoriginal. But now, doing that exact same thing won't make people mad, or ruin the past seven years of change and fresh new ideas, because... well... um....

    However, we also need to copy Hitman exactly for assassinations. Assassinations should be massive affairs, with social stealth, multiple possible methods of killing, and cinematic views. How exactly should that be done? No clue. How will those fit into the larger, open world aspect of Assassin's Creed, something Hitman doesn't have? No clue.

    These are the changes that need to be made to save Assassins Creed forever! I know we said that the last time, after Odyssey... and after Origins... and Syndicate... Unity... But these changes will 100% solve everything, and make Assassins Creed games exactly the same as the ones we hated before, but love now for some reason!

    Edit: adding the /s, because apparently some people didn't get this was satire

    submitted by /u/EquivalentInflation
    [link] [comments]

    (Spoilers) Trying to find a specific score that isn't on the soundtrack

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:00 PM PST

    It starts here at 8:00

    Ever since I got to this part of the game when it was first released, I've been trying to find this and haven't had any luck. I went through all the soundtrack that I could possibly find to no avail, even using Shazam doesn't work, and it's the first time it wouldn't pick something up thay I tried to Shazam from a scene in a game with music/score, which makes me think that maybe it hasn't been released or it's very unknown.

    If anyone has found it or has an idea of how to find it, it would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/walverine
    [link] [comments]

    Why is a lot of the wealth so annoying to get to?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:11 AM PST

    This may be nitpicky but I wanted to see if anyone felt the same way. A lot of the wealth is underground, or behind breakable walls (I don't have explosive arrows or whatever they're called yet) and it's somewhat annoying.

    The first 10-15 hours of the game I didn't mind it and I thought it was fun, but now it's just annoying and time consuming and turning me off of the game a bit. Having to go find one of those burning pots to shoot. Or getting down to a door just to find that it's barred from the other side. Every time I go to an area it seemingly adds on a lot of extra time when I'd rather be exploring or doing main or side quests.

    Just curious if anyone else felt the same way and what your experience was.

    submitted by /u/lakepost3
    [link] [comments]

    So what’s the stealth like in Valhalla?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:24 PM PST

    I really want to get this game but I heard the stealth is really broken, has the new patch changed this? Should I wait when it's fixed or is it not that bothersome?

    submitted by /u/David4082
    [link] [comments]

    How do i play the AC origins dlc?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:14 PM PST

    Hello

    Just downloaded the hidden ones dlc on the ps4 after completing origins. Where can i actually select the dlc to play? I never bought an AC dlc so im lost where to look

    submitted by /u/JustJokingTrump
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment